Advertisement
Please wait...

The Blood Donor



Estimated reading time — 4 minutes

“Donate Blood. Save Lives. We Pay High.”

On any other day, I wouldn’t give much concern about this sign, but today was especially bad. All I sold today were a handful of packs of cigars. I haven’t had anything to eat all day. It was getting late, and helping save a life should make me feel a bit better.

The sign pointed into a 3-story hospital. The facade of the building was faded, probably a decade old. The interior was well-lit, and nothing seemed unusual about this place. The receptionist seemed glad to see me, and I felt a sense of hospitality, so I entered.

The receptionist, Heather, asked what I was looking for. “I’m looking to donate blood. The sign said you pay high?” I asked, quite excited.

“Yes, sir. 100 dollars a pint. I feel you’re interested. What’s your name, sir?”

“Jose. Jose Mendoza.”

“We’ll be done in under half an hour. Come this way, sir. We’ll get you prepped.” She said as she started walking down the hallway. Happy for a chance of easy money, I followed.

The hallway was empty, but for a late night shift in a small town like this, I guess this was the usual. The walls were painted with a faded shade of red, which was quite appropriate for a procedure like this. Empty rooms lined the hallway left and right, which pointed to a blood bank at the end of the corridor. Large swinging doors closed the room off from non-employees.

Heather led me up a staircase into the 2nd floor. It was like a carbon copy of the 1st, save for the blood bank exchanged for a blood testing room. Again, no sign of human life. We walked through the swinging doors into the blood testing room.

Advertisements

“Jose, this is Dr. Noah and Dr. Williams. They will guide you through the blood donation procedure. You’ll be safe. Take care.” Heather left, not before making an eerie half-smile. I was just thankful to see a bit of legitimacy to this hospital. These doctors seemed to be veterans in the business.

“Mr. Mendoza. Please sit. This won’t take long. We promise.” Dr. Noah said. The man had straight, flowing hair extending to his neck, with a deep, reassuring voice.

“So…Mr. Noah. You need my blood type, medical history, anything? I think I’m a Type C.” I was clueless about these things, not like I was ever able to afford to go to a hospital.

“Oh, don’t worry sir. We’ll figure these things out later. Right now we want you to relax. Feel at home.” Dr. Williams said. She put her arm over Dr. Noah’s shoulder. The two must have been long time co-workers, since they were pretty comfortable with each other.

I took my seat on the blood testing area, which had a left and right hand armrest attached to it. Next to me, on the table, was the biggest syringe I’ve ever seen. Good Lord, I could have fainted right there and then.

Ms. Williams seemed to trace where my eyes gazed at, as she tried to calm me down.

“Sir, don’t be afraid. This would feel like nothing more than a pinch of the skin. Here, put on this blindfold. It should help.”

She wrapped a black piece of cloth around my eyes, snugly fit at the back of my head. Suddenly, all my other senses started to kick in. The smell of iron seemed to be stronger now. This room must have had thousands of donations in the past.

My fingers could feel the dents and scratches on the metal armrests – signs of struggle. This is going to be painful. The touch of cold metal didn’t make me feel any better either.

Advertisements

“Mr. Mendoza, we shall procure the rest of the tools needed for your procedure. In the meantime, sit back and relax. We won’t be out for long.” Ms. Williams said. The two walked out of the room.

A sense of eeriness started to befall upon me. I have no idea how this procedure should go. No personal information was asked from me either. Those half smiles, giggles, signs of excitement, are making me think twice of my decision to enter. But the thought of pocketing 100 dollars and eating a nice Big Mac always counter my doubts.

Wait, did I hear crying?

The entrance door to the area creaked heavily. My ears focus hard. A child, male, seemed to be bawling as he walked in the room.

“Who’s there? What’s happening, kid?” I say, as dread and worry washes over me.

“I..I…I’m thirsty. I think I’m dying.” The child’s voice, was dry, raspy, almost like an elderly man.

“Wha…wha…why don’t you go to any of the doctors?” My fear grew ever higher.

“They can’t help me, only you can.” He was pleading, tugging at my jeans.

Advertisements

“What do you want, kid? Get this blindfold off me, and I can help you.” Not only was I keen on helping this kid, but also on getting out of this eerie place.

“Okay, sir. You promise to help me?”, joy finally accompanied his childish voice. He skipped behind me to remove the knot on my blindfold.

“I promise. What do you want anyway?”

Right before he could answer, the blindfold fell out of my eyes. The 2 doctors walked in. One was holding handcuffs, and the other with dozens of syringes. Then the child whispered into my ear:

“A pint of blood, ice cold, freshly drained. You can give me that, right?”

The monster behind me sneered. The shock froze me on my seat. Paralyzed in fear, the syringes pierced deep, up until every ounce of blood was drained from my body.

The last thing I heard was the monster slurping his delicious drink of blood.

Credit To – Brian Tan

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

49 thoughts on “The Blood Donor”

  1. If i had to go into a big hospital to donate, I prolly wouldn’t…not after this story.I know blood is valuable, so I could get really paranoid, really fast.I do give blood, though.I think the whole procedure is cool, and seeing my blood is kinda fun. :-D

  2. I get scared extremely easily from just about anything but this didn’t scare me at all… I was really disappointed, it started out good but the ending was complete and utter shit… No offence.

  3. I like your pie

    Er, bad pasta. I believe it belongs in the crappypasta category? It had an okay build-up, but the ending was terrible. Hmm, 2/10.

  4. I loved the irony with the “Donate blood. save lives.” thing. Because he’s saving the life of the vampire.

    1. Given their lack of screening and testing, I’m assuming small child vampires are immune to hepatitis, AIDS, anemia, and other nasties. Otherwise, he’s not saving his (undead) life.

  5. Mr.DavidAmnesia

    Not a vampire story, but just a mere monster story. It’s nothing special, but it was kinda expected.

  6. First clue of immediate death: patients cannot be transfused with blood unless the donor was a volunteer. Juss sayin.

  7. thall who shall not be named

    It had potential, espspecially with th child but the ending was rather short and not very scary

  8. why the hell did he put on the blindfold?
    “I get all squeamish around needles, but I always feel much better when I’m blind and can’t see anything, it always helps me relax, as opposed to panicking even more.”

    why didn’t he just take the blindfold off himself?

    also how did you magically know the name of the receptionist? I’m guessing name tags, but that’s really just a guess.

    if he’s dead, how is he telling the story?

  9. slasher master

    why would you let them blindfold you… also he said he wanted ice cold blood, blood is hot due to body temeperature, buildup was great though and i enjoy that, another thng you would pass out before you lose every once of blood in your body
    Review:4 out of 10

  10. He lives in a small town but doesn’t know the hospital well. No one seems to find people missing. And there is a typical child vampire.

    Idk it seemed to use every stereotypical plot device and not very well.

  11. As a phlebotomist it was the inaccuracies that killed me more than anything. Type C isn’t a type, though that could be forgiven as the characters ignorance. They wouldn’t need to use more than one syringe…just a needle and a line, like in actual donation.

  12. POWER LEVELS!!!

    And thats why i take garlic pills every day let one of those vimpire bastards take my, well i they choke on it. >=))

  13. I am so scared of blood tests and I wouldn’t donat blood unless someone was dying and destperetly needed blood or something

  14. I thought the beginning was ok, but the ending needed some work. How did the doctors know his name, or any info, without being told? It was never said that his arms were tied down, why couldn’t he take off his own blindfold? There is talent in between the lines, just practice not rushing the ending.

    1. Oh come now, this person tried their best even though it wasn’t that creepy they still where accepted by the administrator. : )

  15. Despite the apparent predictability, the buildup of the story had me interested for the end. It was a bit of a let down, though. I feel that the end should have been crafted more carefully, especially since the tense starts to go back and forth. I feel like you got a little impatient for the end of the story. By the way, creepy, empty blood donation center 101: don’t let them blindfold you.

    Take more care with future stories, and I think you could put forth some good stuff.

  16. Wow that was not very good. The whole time I was reading it I felt as if I had read it before. Literally felt like a carbon copy except I don’t remember the ending sucking that bad

  17. The tense changed several times, and the story wasn’t even remotely creepy. The protagonist would lose consciousness well before his blood was completely gone. And it makes no sense that he wouldn’t put up a struggle before the handcuffs went on. Normally, I can find something to redeem each story I read, but not this one. This one feels more like reading a crappypasta than anything. “His delicious drink of blood?”

    No. I read this alone in a dark room and not the slightest tremor of fear whatsoever.

    3/10, the lowest rating I’ve ever given a creepypasta. And the only reason it got a 3 was because it had a pretty decent buildup.

  18. Hey!

    My first impression was that this pasta was rather straightforward; it had all the hallmarks of creepypastas, but there’s no noticeable emphasis on description, characterization nor major twists. Of course, we’ve had a couple of really good ‘mundane’ pastas, so I held my breath.

    The plotline was quite predictable IMO: the moment the protagonist walked inside the hospital, we knew he was dead – the pasta doesn’t do much to surprise expectations with regards to the overall storyline, but this needn’t be a fault. The mood was rather matter-of-fact. I also found it rather hard to empathize with the protagonist since his only characterization was ‘hungry and poor’, and those were only short-term motivations. I noted that the monster was hungry as well, so I expected some interesting parallels to be drawn, but the pasta didn’t elaborate further.

    The descriptions of both environment and emotions I thought were rather lacking. There’s a persistent telling instead of showing, with the word ‘eerie’ being a tad overused. The pasta could’ve opted to show us the sheer uncanny-ness of the hospital, or the gradual unease – but the strolls down the hallways struck me as fiercely mundane, especially how the second floor was a copy of the first. I thought further on there would be a twist stemming from the protagonist’s inattention, but no.

    The most interesting part of this pasta for me was when the protagonist was blindfolded. There’s a lot of creepy tension to be had when you don’t know when/where you are about to be poked by a needle, and the sensations of being ‘blind’ are described, but I thought it lacked a creepy climax. In the end, I thought the ending was rather rushed and missing a lot of potential.

    Overall, I thought this was a rather formulaic pasta with a lot of unexploited potential. 6.3/10

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top