MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Psychosis ★ 9.17 Rating (19218 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.16 Rating (7435 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.16 Rating (387 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.14 Rating (8705 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11049 votes)
- Artificial ★ 9.13 Rating (1872 votes)
- In the Walls ★ 9.13 Rating (1737 votes)
- Bound ★ 9.13 Rating (857 votes)
- The Burned Photo – Part 2 ★ 9.13 Rating (1128 votes)
- Slum ★ 9.13 Rating (1189 votes)
Yesterday, a friend of mine called me. It was a John, an old buddy from high school. I hadn’t spoken with him for years, and we started to reminisce about all the crap we pulled in high school. A few days later I decided to call him back, and see if we could get together, maybe go fishing or something.
We talked on the phone for a while, and I said to him “Hey, maybe we should get together sometime.” He first said that that was a bad idea, but then he agreed. I asked him for address, copied it down, and told him I’d see him in the morning.
The next morning I arrived at the place he said he lived at. There was nothing but rubble there. It looked like there had been a fire there years ago, but nothing got cleaned up, and the plants never regrew. In the middle of the rubble, I found a old rotary style telephone on the floor, not connected to anything. Hurriedly, I pulled out my cellphone and called his number.
The telephone on the floor rang.
A third time.
I dropped my cellphone in shock, and knelt to grab the rotary telephone. A voice, drenched in distortion and hiss, said:
“I told you this was a bad idea.”