MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Psychosis ★ 9.16 Rating (19290 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11083 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.14 Rating (7474 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.14 Rating (425 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.13 Rating (8743 votes)
- The Fairies ★ 9.13 Rating (2200 votes)
- Dear Abby ★ 9.12 Rating (2052 votes)
- In the Walls ★ 9.12 Rating (1745 votes)
- Ubloo, Part One ★ 9.12 Rating (1165 votes)
- The Perfectly Behaved Boy – A Dark Christmas Tale ★ 9.12 Rating (1051 votes)
Chief Scientist’s Log 12/7/2007 12:31 AM
A new find was brought into the lab today. Men working the demolition of a condemned warehouse at this facility discovered a rusty oil barrel that seemed to exude cold. Preliminary electromagnetic field readings yielded chaotic data before the equipment died. Barrel appears to be constructed of stainless steel and, again, radiates cold.
13/7/2007 9:00 PM
We opened the barrel today inside a sealed chamber. Chamber immediately frosted over. Unidentified entity found within the barrel. Appears to be gaseous and black. Indeed, the very light surrounding it appears to be “sucked in” by it’s presence. Appears to be sentient, but does not communicate in any understood way. Biological matter that comes into contact with the Entity seems to disintegrate.
14/7/2007 10:11 AM
An intern entered the sealed chamber alone today, without his hazard suit. He was not seen again. The Entity has double in size since being released from containment. Has become aggressive. We are sealing off the chamber immediately in light of it’s flesh-consuming properties and rapid growth. All research is halted.
14/7/2007 11:00 AM
It’s gone. God help us, it’s escaped.