Advertisement
Please wait...

Repossession



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

I can clearly make out a hospital ward. It’s probably mine, since I’m in its bed. It’s a private room, and my low bed faces the wall. I see no windows. I turn my head–wait. I suddenly notice restraints digging into my arms, legs, across my chest, and fixing my head into place.

I realize that I can’t remember anything. I don’t know why I’m tied up. Though I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to, but I strain at my bonds, making a futile effort to get free. No matter. A doctor or nurse will come eventually. I’ll ask them why I’m tied up like this. There’s probably a good reason for whatever is happening. I wait.

I don’t think whoever I was had been especially good at sitting around and waiting. I feel a fear within me, as if it were inherent. It’s a fear of where I am, of what’s going to happen, of who I am. My breathing slowly becomes more erratic, the uneven hissing of my breath becoming louder and louder until all I can hear is the whistle of air entering and escaping my lungs.

I lie there, and wait, my fear growing with every passing moment.

I hear the swish of air from a door swinging open behind me. I should have felt relief as I heard the footsteps of one entering the room, yet I couldn’t. Instead, my feeling of dread heightened to one of raw terror. My heart jackhammered, and I felt a clammy, cold sweat begin to trickle down my forehead. I struggled, my whole body undulating under the thick straps fettering me. The bed barely budged. I was completely trapped.

The reason for my hysteria, whatever it was behind me, walked with the rhythmic, clicking footsteps of an average man. What set me off was its breathing. Its breaths were the scratchy growls of a crazed animal, intermingled with a laboured panting, as if it were holding itself back from something.

Or someone.

I strain even harder, pulling every muscle in my body. The veins in my neck bulge, my eyes pop. Nothing.

I hear the clanking of metal objects, and then slow, deliberate footsteps approaching me. I tremble, filled with fear. What is he holding?

Advertisements

A shadow falls over my face, blocking out the light streaming from the unknown light source above. I can’t see him. He’s right above me, and I can’t move.

I scream. The breath I didn’t realize I was holding rushed out of my lungs. A hand had entered my peripheral vision. A wrinkled, ashen claw. Human, but just barely. It was holding a tube, with a needle at the tip. It glowed despite the brightness of the room around it.

Advertisements

Struggling was futile, I know, but I couldn’t help but writhe and scream as I felt the sting of a sharp point push its way into my arm. Behind me, an audible click sounds, and I watch as my blood slowly streams out of my body, my eyes following the dark red line to where it disappears from my line of vision.

Dark red.

Blood.

I’m assailed by a flash of memory. It’s a memory of blood, dark red and flowing.

I suddenly realize who’s behind me, and who I am. I know why I am afraid.

Advertisements

I am a thief. I had a thirst, and I took this man’s blood. I drained him.

Laughing, I stop struggling.

He’s merely taking back what’s his.

A slow, but powerful lethargy washes over me, and I black out.

Credit To – clockspin

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

19 thoughts on “Repossession”

  1. Pasta Connoisseur

    An ok concept, if a little over-used , but hey that’s not your fault. I think a thesaurus wouldn’t have hurt, as repetition of ‘futile’ when describing his feelings didn’t really build much effect but rather drew attention to the fact you have a relatively small vocabulary, and you probably learnt the word when studying the poem ‘futility’ at the age of 11. A more detailed description of the surroundings would have been appreciated, also what of his bonds? Were they metal, fabric? Bound just on the individuals libs or across its waist? Were there sheets covering him? Could he feel any pain? 5/10

  2. boring!! no plot surrounding this situation, you don’t say how he took this blood, why he had this inhuman “thirst”, or how his dead victim got up and pursued his stolen blood. heck, we never even see his face! you expect this to scare me? this story needs more meat on its bones.

  3. Too many “I”s in rapid succession. It makes reading the pasta like repeatedly running into a brick wall. I understand the pasta is first-person, but you still really should find ways to reduce word repetition. I’d give you more feedback regarding the actual content, but I really couldn’t get into it due to the above issue.

  4. This pasta has without a doubt great attention to detail and is very well-written in terms of getting the perfect words for each description…

    However, the ending was poorly played out, and was the least bit creepy. The idea seemed to be like a laughing matter to the protagonist, which makes it seem like the audience should treat it as a laughing matter too. I hope you continue writing future pastas though, because you definitely have great writing skills.

  5. Confusing, like, really confusing. Sorry, the pasta just didn’t taste good, 4/10. I’m sorry, dude, try again, but flesh it out more, add a little background info, and try to explain what that thing was behind him.

    -Herobrine

    Always watching…

  6. Well done, brother. I was gripped from beginning to end with that style of writing where it’s quick and fast-paced just like a racing mind, but not choppy or clumsy. Very excellent detail, too. Kudos. I give it an 8/10.

  7. Original and interesting. Not the most developed concept though, could have used a bit more meat. But all in all not bad.

  8. So… wait. You’re a vampire?

    And if you drained him, then he’s dead, so a dead decomposing man is stealing your blood and you laugh?
    I guess that’s supposed to mean you have gone insane but this story just didn’t work for me.
    I do like the idea, it was just to short. Not enough details.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top