Advertisement
Please wait...

One Of Them



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

Any night, around 10 or 11 pm, take yourself to a flat, open area where you can walk in a straight line for two minutes or so without running into anything. Once there, face in the direction you plan to walk, with your arms at your sides and your hands relaxed. Close your eyes, and take a deep breath. At precisely 11:09 and 20 seconds, start walking. Be sure to take one step every second, no more, no less. Do not open your eyes, and do not hesitate. Count your steps in your head as you go. On the one hundred and eleventh step, say the word “One” out loud, and stop. Your breath will catch in your throat, and your hair will stand on end. For the next ten seconds, you will be unable to move a single muscle in your body, no matter how hard you try. After these ten seconds, you will be able to move and breathe again – however, you will then start to feel the sensation of cold metal claws seizing each of your fingers by the base and plucking them clean off of your hand. It will not hurt. You will surely be horrified, but do not open your eyes, and do not move. If you move or open your eyes, all that anyone will ever find of you is your two fingerless hands, severed cleanly at the wrist. Once the claws have stopped, and all of your fingers have been plucked off, stay still for another ten seconds. It may help to count. After these ten seconds have passed, you may open your eyes. You will find that your fingers are still quite firmly attached to your hands. Go home immediately, and go directly to bed. Speak to no one for the rest of the night, and enter no building that you do not consider your home.

The next day, you will have become One of Them. Once per day, as long as there is even a sliver of sunlight, you may point at someone and speak the word “One.” That night, he will face the same trial that you faced. If you see that person the next day, you will know that he, too, has become One of Them. If not, then do not be alarmed if you do not feel hungry the rest of the day.

Advertisements
Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

54 thoughts on “One Of Them”

  1. the reason these are extra specific are so that people think they fail, and that it could be true but they never know.

  2. I actually tried this my timing must of been off as nothing happen and before you moan at me saying its only a story i was curious as to what would happen

  3. Chris Fiera(pen name)

    I don’t get the DIY scare things that have no benefit, like that one where stand in your closet with a match and if you have go in to the closet in the dark you will swept into eternal suffering but their is no reward for doing so, not in the slightest, though obviously none of it is real though. Not trying to be annoying though, this is still pretty cool sounding and i’m to babyish to try it LOL :3

  4. i thought this one was amazing, yeah theres not a huge benifit to gain like immortality but very supernatural and intriguing without a doubt

  5. @Haley

    That’s the point: They WOULDN’T know what to do. So they’d panic, and open their eyes… and they’d be dead. The idea is that you have the power to point, and (unless they’ve read this ritual lately, and have it on their mind) kill people at will. A potent ability, I’d say.

    And I’m seeing a lot of people who don’t get ‘how do you get your fingers back?’

    From the pasta: “After these ten seconds have passed, you may open your eyes. You will find that your fingers are still quite firmly attached to your hands.”

    They don’t go anywhere, unless you fuck up.

    Finally, how often do you point directly at people and say One? It’s hardly a day to day occurrence, and in the occasions where you WOULD do such (like, numbering people, picking teams, bullshit like that) find a workaround. For the most part, it would be rather difficult to ‘inadvertently’ cause someone to go through the trial.

  6. So… If i pointed to OP and said “That is ONE flaming homosexual.”
    Would it subject him to the trials?

  7. I agree with Stefanie, this one started of really cool because anybody could do it. I know of like, three places within walking distance that I could do it this very night. However, I don’t like the ending very much. Being ‘one of them’ doesn’t sound that great. And if you pointed to someone and said ‘One,’ how would they know what to do? We only knew what to do because of this story. It’s not really a trial.

    All in all, a great beginning wasted on a pointless story.

  8. rather good could have been made to make a little more sense and easier on the eyes but its okay we forgive but that does not stop us from coming

  9. Not being hungry means that you need to point at someone to face the trial of becoming one of them, I guess it’s your sustenance if you are one of them. The power of inadvertently killing someone also seems more powerful than you think. Seriously lol who would want to become one of them, seems like such a downer.

  10. i wouldn’t like sum1s life in my hands…i also wouldn’t want to be ‘one of them’. where’s the fun in that? if everyone was a ‘them’ there wud therefore no longer b n e ‘thems’…we’d all b the same…victims of our greed…><
    if i wanted to kill sum1 a swiss army knife or a ‘pocket russell’ wud suffice…i have things to do at 11:09 and 20 secs and i don’t want to be walking blind for 2 minutes, i live in jamaica…ppl will think i’m mad and shoot me.

    that is all

  11. I hate stories like “OMG IF U DO THIS IN THE MIRROR WITH THIS AND THAT AND THIS AND THAT AT THIS TIME AND LIGHT OFF 1000 CANDLES IN YOUR BUTT U DIE!”

    Im like “OMG I COULD ALSO JUST SHOOT MYSELF IN THE HEAD I WOULD I ALSO DIE! ITS PARANORMAL!”
    why would anyone go thorugh such amount of work to ge tno benifit at all i dont ened to do this shit and i can alreayd point at someone and shout “ONE” and theyll probably think im retarded and thats th eonly numbe ri know and try to teahc me to count past 2.

  12. goddamn you guys are retards. The purpose of doing this is to harm others. Not everything is supposed to be nice.

  13. Wheat — You’ll only have no fingers if you open your eyes before the professed time – by which you’ll already be dead.

    Miss Betterdone — In the spirit of competition to the point of total destruction, when the world if full of US we will become consumed by, as Mr. Welldone indicates, our apocalyptic darkness; our envy for one another will override our judgement and we will end up killing each other off. It will be, to us, the end of the world.

    Or at least our human world, as we know it.

  14. The benefit of this one is clear–holding the power over life and death in your hands. I do somewhat agree with the good Mister Welldone.

    Once you embrace the darkness, though, there is no going back.

  15. Mr Welldone…those adversaries do not appear once one discovers this ‘darkness’ you speak of. They were there to begin with…

  16. Miss Betterdone

    Consequences? Like, what, that I don’t have to eat breakfast the next morning?

    Or will I get FAT?! D=

  17. Hello.

    Comment Leaver and Miss Betterdone place some excellent questions forth.

    I look very forward to your theories.

    Finally, I am amused by humanity’s demand for “benefit,” a wholly subjective concept.

    Some things change so disappointingly little, no matter how much time passes.

    When you begin to unveil what the Darkness holds, you will open yourself to a new reality. In this reality, you will feel an odd kinship with those who have also sampled the waters of Dark knowledge, but you will soon become thirsty for the secrets others hold, as will they.

    And then the struggle begins in earnest.

    You will soon find yourself exchanging glances with unexpected foes in the lane next to your automobile, at your place of employment, in your home, in your bed, and in your mirror.

    The ability to possibly eliminate your opposition is a handsome “benefit” indeed.

    But there are always consequences.

    Always.

  18. i like this one a lot because anyone can do it, the other ones you have to like go through all this trouble just to find some obscure place but this one you just find someplace where you can walk straight for two mins

  19. The person formally known as 'Noneya'

    DUN DUN DUUUUN!

    Also, whats the point of becoming “One of them” other than the ability to inadvertantly kill someone?

  20. Why would you eat him? And what happened with the fingers? Do you get them back afterwards?

    This is interesting.

  21. This is one of the extra-specific ones where I can’t understand why someone would go to all the trouble in the first place.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top