MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Psychosis ★ 9.16 Rating (19268 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.15 Rating (407 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11077 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.14 Rating (7466 votes)
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome ★ 9.14 Rating (91 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.13 Rating (8733 votes)
- Restoration ★ 9.13 Rating (328 votes)
- Slum ★ 9.12 Rating (1192 votes)
- The Fairies ★ 9.12 Rating (2199 votes)
- Mr. Livingston ★ 9.12 Rating (17 votes)
You’re in your room late at night. You’ve been on the computer for a while now, and it’s almost time to get some sleep. The light behind you is still blazing, cutting a swath through the oppressive darkness of whatever ridiculous hour of the morning it is. In a sleep-deprived haze, you amble over to the light switch and flick it off, and instantly realize you screwed up. Your headphones are lying on the floor, and without the light to see them you’ll probably step on and crush them. Resolving to turn the light back on so you can grab them, you spend less than a second in near-perfect darkness as this goes through your mind. Then you flick the light back on.
You’re not in your room, anymore. It’s as if fifty years of disrepair have ravaged your once-loved living space. You’re also surrounded. You can’t really see them, mostly just their shadows are visible as they crouch on all fours all around you. The only features you can make out are hundreds of mouths of jagged, grinning teeth, and a set of glowing, red eyes to go with each twisted smile. You almost have time to scream. Almost.
Credited to James V.