MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.56 Rating (118 votes)
- The Tunnel ★ 9.45 Rating (11 votes)
- Busking ★ 9.25 Rating (12 votes)
- Something Was Off About My Freshman Roommate – Part Three & Epilogue ★ 9.18 Rating (17 votes)
- Becoming ★ 9.18 Rating (17 votes)
- Two Double A’s ★ 9.15 Rating (33 votes)
- Maisie Went Missing Last Year ★ 9.14 Rating (161 votes)
- The Story of Her Holding an Orange: Part Two ★ 9.12 Rating (17 votes)
- What Do You Like About Playing Under the Bed? ★ 9.12 Rating (57 votes)
- The Pass ★ 9.11 Rating (18 votes)
- The Strange Case of Edmonson, Kentucky ★ 9.11 Rating (61 votes)
Last month’s discussion post about superstition was a lot of fun to read! June’s post will be tangentially related: this month I want to know if you believe in divination.
For clarity, this is the definition of ‘divination’ as per Google:
the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.
This would include tarot, ouija, i-ching, astrology, prophetic dream interpretation – even the magic 8-ball toys sold to children, if one were to take them seriously. Divination has countless different forms across cultures and countries, so I’m certainly leaving some forms out of my list of examples – if I didn’t mention something that you subscribe to and/or practice, please take this opportunity to tell us all about it in the comments!
I’m interested in hearing what everyone’s beliefs are, and how and why they came to such conclusions. If you have any eerie stories about something that solidified your belief in a particular flavor of divination, of course we’d like to hear about it!
It’s my hope that the community can find this discussion both interesting as well as inspiring – I saw a few comments in the superstitions post where the author said they’d gleaned a story idea from someone’s anecdote, so I’m hoping that we can continue that effect here.
As always, be respectful to one another – even if you’re the skeptic supreme, try to be nice. It won’t hurt you.