Advertisement
Please wait...

The Fugavi Incident: A Drake Blackwood Case File



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

I won’t bore you all with the details of my work, that can be for another time. What is important is that I have made the decision to share my case files with the general public. Most of the cases I’ve been involved in have revealed themselves to be distinctly ordinary, or tangled up in lies, hoaxes, and even mental illness. But there are a few instances which I continually come back to. In the quiet hours of the early morning, these are the facts which weigh down on me and keep me from sleep.

I don’t know if this is just a form of self therapy (I definitely could use some) but perhaps some of you who are fascinated by the bizarre, and are compelled like myself to discover what’s truly out there beyond the humdrum world we seem to live in, that you might find the following case studies of some use. I know it gets said here a lot, but names have been altered and all sensitive information has been redacted. Please also be aware that these are my personal notes and as such are not written in story format. They are for educational purposes only.

Case 34: The Fugavi Incident

Advertisements

I travelled to Somerset in the South of the country last Saturday, May 3rd. Having been contacted by a friend in the local authorities down there, I was brought in to consult due to the similarities with the Whitman case. Two local boys, James Carney (15 yrs old) and Donald Lewis (16 yrs old) had stayed out later than allowed by their parents on Wednesday the 30th of April. At approximately 11:04pm both boys found themselves on the outskirts of the town and, in realising the time and worrying about how angry their parents would be with them, they decided to take a short cut on the way back.

To make it home as quickly as possible, James suggested cutting across a large field known as The Fugavi Patch. Donald was hesitant in doing so as the large patch of grass was often avoided by locals as it had picked up a reputation for being unsafe, especially at night. Interviews with the families of both boys, neighbours, and the local school headmaster, revealed several second-hand accounts of alleged experiences there including strange dim lights, whispering, and an unpleasant smell associated with The Fugavi Patch.

Despite Donald’s hesitancy, both he and James climbed over a metal gate 5 feet in height and proceeded to cross the 298 metres of grass to the other side. As both boys approached the middle of the ground, James began to complain to Donald about feeling nauseous along with a warm stabbing pain in his stomach. As they continued on, James became increasingly disorientated and began to sweat profusely, while retching and then vomiting several times. Donald panicked and, believing that James required medical assistance, phoned for an ambulance from his mobile phone. James grew delirious, collapsing to the ground, asking Donald several times: ‘Who is that man standing over there? What does he want?’. James pointed repeatedly to a row of tall hedges on the other side of the field, lit by a nearby street light, but Donald could see no one.

Advertisements

As they waited on the ambulance, James grew frantic with fear, pointing and screaming across The Fugavi Patch in the direction of the hedgerows, yelling about a man walking towards them. Donald tried to calm James’ fears by telling him that there was no one there, but James screamed and thrashed around on the ground clutching his stomach in agony, crying out for help. Finally, he lost consciousness just as the ambulance arrived.

James was rushed to hospital, but was unfortunately Dead on Arrival. The autopsy recorded the cause of death as being a ‘cardiac arrest brought about by a violent allergic reaction to trace chemical waste, still present in the soil from a metalworks factory which occupied the field twenty years previous.’ I was able to contact the owner of the land, a Mr Adams who was very upset about the whole ordeal as the locals blamed him for the tragic events. He produced papers clearly showing that the entire area had been decontaminated and was supposedly quite safe.

The death of James Carney has left the small town community shocked and traumatized, but the official explanation seems to have been well accepted. I cannot, however, dismiss the strange events surrounding the boy’s death. The sickness and excruciating stabbing pain he experienced before collapsing, the man he screamed about walking across The Fugavi Patch towards him, and the horrific marks and sores on the poor boy’s body; one in particular which stretched out across his abdomen and looked uncannily like the imprint of a human hand.

Advertisements
Advertisements

Credit: [field writtenby] (Official WebsiteAmazonFacebookTwitterYouTubePatreonWattPadSmashWords)

This story was submitted to Creepypasta.com by a fellow reader. To submit your own creepypasta tale for consideration and publication to this site, visit our submissions page today.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

27 thoughts on “The Fugavi Incident: A Drake Blackwood Case File”

  1. Not very yummy. Starts off like a narrative, switches to third person with a few grammatical errors, ends with that classic gut-wrencher. Ending was good, not right for this pasta. Need more information about the narrator and the field. Woulda been cool if there were footprints in the ground and a trail in the grass leading to them. 6/20.

  2. I’m not a fan of being late to the party with my comments, but I don’t understand why no one likes this story. I appreciate short pastas, myself. And I have a deep-rooted love for mysteries. The fact that this one is vague and creepy instead of the typical “I’m trapped in a [insert small abandoned living space] with a [insert big scary monster], oh noes!” is pretty refreshing.

    So although this is one of Mr. Whitehouse’s first, I still love it. Delicious pasta.

  3. I actually liked the story. I did NOT like the first couple paragraphs, or the layout of the story, and I definitely wish it were longer. It was interesting and I like the idea of a paranormal detective (I’m a big fan of creepy mystery, but there’s not enough of that out there) but this just didn’t do it. I think if you were to get rid of that layout and just write a good, long story that you’re so good at then you could really have something here. A Drake Blackwood mini-series or something. Now THAT would be delicious pasta.

    I did like this story though, worth 7/10.

  4. I refuse to be scare by a path only 298 meters long :-| It’s a 3 minutes walk, they could have reached the other side in less than 1 minute at a run, how can anyone believe that there was enough time to be intoxicated by some chemical in the ground that never affected anyone else before? And by the way, why nothing like this happened before, and everyone else only experienced weird lights or smell? What did the guy do to change an anonymous apparition into a killer ghost?
    And also, why was the narrator called if the authopsy had already “cleared” the cause of death?

  5. I hate to say it, but I couldn’t bring myself to read past the first two paragraphs. SOOOO many lazy short story writers begin with this intro that it’s become common. If you are going to write shorts, DON’T DO THIS. Get creative, dang it! Do it in a way that is INTERESTING, not something that every lazy writer has done. Like I said, I didn’t read it, but there HAS to be a way to make it REAL to the reader, not some boring ass cop/detective/some random teen that chose to jot this shit down in order to “warn/educate” people. Try a little harder next time. I have no idea if your story is a good plot line or not because I was bored from the start. You won’t make fans that way.

    1. Ok GET PAST THE FIRST TWO PARAGRAPHS! I will be honest, this wasn’t one of Mr. Whitehouse’s best, but it was a good story and changes a lot quickly. And also, Mr. Whitehouse is one of the best authors on creepypasta. Read “Bedtime” or “On a Hill” (2 Parts) All three are on the top rated creepypastas. It is something different once you get past the first few paragraphs and actually read it, and realize its a report of a paranormal instance. Not particularly scary, but still interesting.

    2. Your comment is just ignorant. You can’t call someone a lazy writer because they used a similar style of writing as a lot of other short horror stories, or creepypastas, in the first two paragraphs without finishing the rest of the story. I mean, how else are you going to start a story about a paranormal investigator? Maybe read the entire story, see if you like it, and then comment. People leaving comments based on a couple paragraphs are not able to leave accurate comments as they didn’t read and understand the entire premise of the story. Also, maybe you should read some of the author’s other works before you resort to calling them names like “lazy.”

  6. Mr. Whitehouse, I’m not sure why, but this story doesn’t succeed for me. I wish I could put my finger on it to give you a better analysis, but I can’t. The writing is as we have gotten used to, impeccable. I guess it just did not move me. I like the idea of a paranormal investigator. The premise is good, but it lacked some punch. The creep factor was a little low and maybe it was because there just wasn’t really any chance for character development. I was not invested in the boys. I understand that might be a limitation of this style. Mr Blackwood would be reporting something in the tone of an insurance auditor. The reports would be necessarily impersonal. I know you said you are attempting several new writing styles this period, but I don’t know if this medium can succeed, at least not in such a short story.

    1. Thanks for the feedback Fox. This story was first posted on NoSleep a few months ago. It was posted under the name Drake Blackwood because I wrote it many years ago, around 2001 or 2002 I think. I have so many small vignettes, scribblings, partial stories and I wanted to share them with you all as it seems a waste to do nothing with them.

      I chose this batch of stories on a whim, they were there and I submitted them. I realise now that I must never post anything which isn’t up to scratch, nor anything which hasn’t been shown the same care as stories like Bedtime, The Melancholy of Herbert Solomon, and On a Hill.

      Unfortunately this has all happened at the same time as a nasty type of writer’s block. I’ve deleted several stories out of frustration which were almost complete in the last few months.

      I will be refusing to submit anything now, or share them anywhere else until I am completely happy with them (Although I have to say I am happy with one of the stories I posted this time around: The End of All Hallows’ Eve).

      Hopefully this block will lift by the time there’s another submission window, but I don’t know. Although, last night I had a horrible dream about a man simultaneously screaming for help from his family, but refusing to unlock the door to his room to let them in. Maybe there’s something there, I don’t quite know yet…

      ~ Mike

  7. I’m not one to pass judgement, as I have never posted a story to Creepypasta, nor got one accepted. I can’t even say I am a veteran here. However, adding the part with the markings last second just seems like you were trying too hard to make it scary… if you added it around the beginning of the pasta, or even made it longer and added details to the account… instead of making it so vague, as is the unfortunate weakness of the story, you would have made it far scarier. As it is, I am going to be able to sleep very well, instead of watching the shadows for any chemical boogeymen to come out and slash my abdomen. What I DID like, was your attempt to make it seem like a professional report. That gave it some credibility, and a little eeriness. However, as stated before, professional documents list ALL the known details before adding any post comments. Both known facts, and any that have been deemed to be false rumors and wild imaginations. Still, good attempt.

  8. “both he and James climbed over a metal gate 5 feet in height and proceeded to cross the 298 metres of grass”

    Maybe Carney died from switching over to the metric system…

    1. As my own comment stated, you’re probably having deja vu because so many lazy writer have used this “set up” in the same way. It seems that no matter the “plot”, every one written this way seems to be the same freakin story. At least it’s my take on it, since I never made it past the first two paragraphs.

      1. While it isn’t one of his best stories, I feel that you suggesting that he is lazy is unfair and also rude. Not to mention unhelpful. Plus you didn’t even read it.

      2. AnimeAndCreepypastaLover

        Yeah. Calling Mr. Whitehouse “lazy” is rude. He has created other great works like Bedtime and On a hill.

      3. AnimeAndCreepypastaLover

        Oh, and also The melancholy of herbert solomon. These 3 are one of the high rated pastas here. There are also others that he created. And u havent even read the full pasta.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top