Advertisement
Please wait...

Friends Forever



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

Why do you continue to seek me out? You cannot find me if I do not will it. I am the night… and yet, you know I am here. I see you, shivering as I cross the room. You twitch when I slip under your bed. You can feel me. Do you feel my breath on the nape of your neck? Do you notice my nails on your flesh? Do you meet my eyes in the dark of night? Yes, you know I am here. I have always been here. Things were different when you were young, your little eyes could see me then. You would scream, and point at me, trying to hide behind the bars of your crib. You would continue to scream as your mother lifted you. It was only when she flipped the switch, and brought light into your pathetic world that I would leave. But it was no matter, for she would leave, she always left. And I would come back. You learnt quickly, bawling wasn’t going to drive me out. You decided to ignore me, to pretend I wasn’t there. Even as my greasy hair hung down over your face, and my breath rattled in your ear, still you ignored me. You became very good at it.

I tried, of course, to make myself noticed. Small things at first; a misplaced shoe, toys rolling across the floor, an open window. But this was too easy for you to ignore, too simple for you to explain. Do you remember Fluff? That putrid creature you adored so much? The one that mommy said ran away? I assure you it was in no fit state to run when I was finished with it. Do you remember little Stacey? That precious child who shared her candy with you? You always paid attention to her, you never ignored her. I hated her, pity about the accident. How unfortunate for an innocent child to fall victim to a rabid dog. How I laughed when I heard your mother say that. A rabid dog! She had no face left, you know? I got carried away, the taste of blood, the shrill screams in my ear, it overwhelmed me. But still you ignored me.

You became more withdrawn after that, spending hours on your computer, shut up in your room. It was great at first, we were closer than ever. You stayed up late, and I watched over your shoulder as you trawled the internet, researching how best to end your wretched life. You tried once too, but the rope snapped, do you remember? Well I just couldn’t let you off that easy. I couldn’t let you skip out on me. I will decide when you go; your life is mine to take only when I decide.

Advertisements

So little has changed since then. Sure, you got a job, you moved out, but I followed. You still sit in front of that screen every night, whittling away your time, numbing your senses, so you can drift off without suffering through those moments in between consciousness and sleep. Those moments where you catch a glimpse of me shuffling across the room, where you see the glint of my eyes and sense the chill in the room. How I savour those moments. You have forgotten me, yet you know I am here. You turn on the lights, in your bravest of moments, searching for me. But when you dissipate the dark, I too go with it, for I am the dark. I am the dark of your soul.

Advertisements

I will never leave, at least not alone. Oh some night you will see me, in all my horrific majesty, but I will be the last thing you see.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

26 thoughts on “Friends Forever”

  1. ForeverMyMaster

    I liked it at first, then I realized it was pretty bland in taste. Maybe the turning point should be a bit higher and more pronounced

  2. There’s something amiss when a story starts with “Why do you continue to seek me out?”, then goes a long way to show that “I” am not indeed seeking “you” out, or even remember “you” exist. Not to mention that if someone ignores you when you are in front of him, breathing in his ear, it’s somehow happy thinking believing that he would not ignore a misplaced toy (sounds like “he didn’t flinch when I slapped him so I’ll be more delicate next time”)

  3. At first i was all “Oh shit naaaw! This is scary!” but then i read the “I am the dark of your soul” bit and that ruined it for me. *pokes chest* problem solved

  4. I’m sorry. As soon as I read "I am the night", I just said "I’m Batman" and I couldn’t focus at all any more.

  5. Charlotte Mander

    I second what Anon said. Only it’s not exactly like Guardian Angel, it’s a shitty knock-off of it. At least in that pasta you understood it at the end. What is even going on in this pasta? It’s spooky mysterious entity who kills shit for the sake of killing shit out of what might possibly be jealousy of some type, but why is the entity jealous?

    I think this could be a lot better if it was re-written.

    I’ll give it a generous 6/10

  6. For some reason the first part of this made me think of Batman. Other than that, it was pretty good pasta.

  7. Very nice. The writing was very descriptive, but vague enough to be unnerving. The final couple of sentences were a little… off, though. This is normal. Horror stories are so hard to end. One such as this, in my opinion, would be best ended on a more suspenseful note. Since this story is so relatable, and the reader has not yet experienced their own death, it would be best to only allude to the “end.” The unknown is much more terrifying than knowing you’ll be murdered by a monster at the end of it all.

    Still, extremely scary. Wonderful writing. Great job!

  8. In reference to your comment S&D, you are completely right. I really should have kept it less specific. That was a major oversight on my behalf, but i’ll remember next time.

  9. Very, very good pasta. It thoroughly creeped me out, enough so to make me run like hell for the lightswitch. The one thing I didn’t like was about the girl, Stacey. Or the fact that you gave a name to the ‘runaway’ animal, Fluff. Keeping things general would’ve really gave a sense of this being in relation to everyone, which in my eyes, is scary.

    I give it a 9.5/10.

  10. I liked how the writer seemed to relate the “darkness” with the reader, how giving it as if we’re part of the story! Delicious pasta.

  11. I read about this type of entity affecting other guys in pasta a lot.
    and I’m getting quite bothered about it, too.
    the Foundation should just contain you and be done with it.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top