Advertisement
Please wait...

Corn Fields



Estimated reading time — 6 minutes

It was the middle of the night and we’ve been driving all day. We were on a road trip from California to Texas to visit family. My little sister, had fallen asleep and was drooling all over her car seat. I laughed at her gaping mouth and reached over to the back seat to close it. My dad was driving and I could tell he was exhausted from dealing with my siblings and me. We hadn’t passed any towns for about an hour now and it was dark because there weren’t any street lights. I was thinking about what would happen if a zombie attacked us right now. My eyes got droopier and droopier as the hours passed and my stomach started to growl. I complained to dad and he said we would stop and get something to eat in the next town. I heard my sister start to snore in the background as I drifted off to sleep.

I had a weird dream where I was standing in the idle of a cornfield and there was someone or something cloaked in all black sitting in the middle of the field about thirty feet away from me, staring at me. It had blood red eyes and a twisted smile from what I could see of it. I became very frightened at the sight and started to back away. The thing stood up very slowly and continued to stare at me, as if staring into my soul. I was freaking out now and I turned to run away as fast as I could, I felt as if my life was at stake. As I was running I decided to quickly glance over my shoulder to see if the thing had fallowed me. To my horror, the creature was less than a foot away from me. I tripped over some invisible obstacle and hit the floor, hard.

I was awoken to loud honking and bright lights flashing passed my face. I became wide awake instantly, my dad had fallen asleep. I quickly grabbed the steering wheel as I shouted, “Dad wake up!” but he didn’t wake up. I was panicking and I tried to steer as best as I could, dad’s foot was pressing hard on the gas, and luckily any cars that were near had already passed us. My grip on the steering wheel slipped and we swerved off to the side of the road. As we went down into the ditch, the car sped up immensely and we were thrown into the field completely destroying the barbed wire fence, shattering the windows of the car and shaking us around like rag dolls. I finally was able to grab the emergency break and put us to an immediate stop. I hit my head hard on the dash board and heard an unnerving crack fallowed by immense pain in my right arm. I screamed, and curled up in my seat, cradling my arm.

After a few minutes of comforting it I turned to my dad, still asleep, and started to shake him with my left arm. He would not wake up. It looked like he split his jaw open on the steering wheel, there was blood all over his neck and shirt. I turned to see my little sister, and was completely horrified at the sight of her head being imploded and her arms bent in a grotesque angle. I thought of no possible way how that could have happened to her. I became nauseous at the sight of her and threw up all over my feet. My vision was blurry from the shock, and I couldn’t feel anything accept my arm. The smell, was unnatural, it was like a mixture of feces, vomit, and rotting corpses.

My vision returned shortly and I glanced out the window wincing from the sharp pain in my neck, and my stomach dropped, as I saw a tall, black, figure, thirty feet away, milliseconds before the head lights on the car turned off. My heart started beating so hard that I could feel it in my feet. I started to hyperventilate, and my mind was completely clear of every thought except, “You are going to die.”

I looked back from the side window, and the quick pain in my neck brought me back to my senses. I unbuckled my seat belt with my violently shaking hands, and crawled into the back seat, avoiding looking at my disemboweled sister. I sunk down below the back seat, and slowly reached my hand out to grab my sister’s bloody, shredded blanket to cover myself with. There was a loud bump in the back of the car. I became absolutely silent, I pulled my hand back and held my breath. I could see partially out the shattered back side window. I heard something being dragged on the roof of the car. My gaze fixated on that window. I started saying in my head over and over again, “please, don’t see me, please don’t see me, please don’t see me,” over and over again for what seemed like an hour. The dragging had stopped.

I still dare not move. I was still staring at the window, when something tall, and black walked passed it, I put my hand over my mouth to silence my shriek, but to no avail. The dark creature supposedly heard me and circled back around the car and stopped in front of the window. I was too tall to see its face, but it soon ducked down, so its eyes stared right into at mine. Its eyes were blood red with white veins running through them, and it had a twisted grin too wide to be humanly possible. Its skin was a grotesque brown and black with wounds and cracks all over its face. I saw it had a large gash on its nose, and the blood came out was pitch black, darker than the tattered cloak it was wearing. I stared at it until my eyes burned from not blinking, but I dared not to. To my unspeakable horror, it started to slowly crawl through the window, into the car. Its gaze and my gaze not breaking, what-so-ever. It reached his long gnarled arm directly for my head. I was paralyzed, it slowly grabbed my hair and I could do nothing but sit there as it touched my scalp. It started to pull, I felt a sharp pain in my neck and snapped out of my trance, this maybe the only time in my life I would be thankful for an injury, and kicked the creature as hard as I possibly could directly in the face. It screamed, the most horrifying wail I could ever imagine, and recoiled out of the car. I took this miraculous opportunity to scramble out from underneath the car seat and open the door.

Advertisements

I ran as fast as my legs could possibly go, out into the dark night, remembering my dream, I did not look back. I ran, until I felt my legs were going to give out, and I kept running. I reached a corn field and sprinted into the unnerving maze. I stopped and lied down on the cold earth. I started coughing, violently, and I turned over and threw up a mixture of blood and mucus. After, I regained control of my coughing, I silenced myself in fear the thing would come back. I closed my eyes and before I knew it, I was asleep.

No dreams that time, but I woke up with a start. I looked around cautiously. I started to walk, or limp, as best I could to a nearby street light near an oil plant. When I reached it, I sat down on the ground and, simply, wept. I couldn’t understand why this had happened, and why me. I sat there for what seemed like hours and mumbled to myself, why, and what would I do if I survived the night. I’m only fourteen, why did this happen to me? Why did I live instead of my family? Why is this thing after me! None of my questions were going to be answered.

“My God boy, what in the hell happened to you?” He asked with a heavy Texas draw. I hesitated before replying, deciding what to say. He looked like he had been out on the road for a long time and his eyes were very unsettling as he shifted them back and forth, looking up and down the road.
“I-It’s a long story,” I finally managed to say. “I need a ride,” I blurted suddenly surprising the grizzly man.
“Oh do you?” he said in a sarcastic voice, he paused, and then continued, “Well then, hop in.” I smiled awkwardly and made my way around the front of the car and opened the door with my left hand and wincing, slid into the dirty leather seat.

Advertisements

“Oh hold on a sec, I need to check on something,” the man said as he got out of the car and walked around to the trunk. I felt a great wave of grief come over me. I had an extremely bad feeling that something was going to happen. I sat there for about five minutes, and almost got up to go check on the old man, when I felt a hand on my shoulder and froze. My gaze slowly moved to the rearview mirror.

That dark, tall, monster was less than an inch from the side of my head, its grin wider than ever.

Credit To – FriendsWhoCreepyPasta

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

45 thoughts on “Corn Fields”

  1. I loved this story! What the hell? I’ve been going through all the new posts on the front page and was disappointed until I finally found one that drew me in, and people hate it?!

  2. Did a good job pulling me in, but the confusing bits took me out. I had no problem with the gore, but things like: how was the character was positioned so that the monster could grab her hair while maintaining eye contact, but she could then kick it in the face even though she had been crouched?
    The character was a boy?? For some reason on this one I assumed it was a girl, I usually assume the other way.
    I thought it was a little kid, also. And the man at the end was in a car? That kind of bears mention. In fact, where and ehen did that last bit take place? Still night?
    It pulled me in, but the ending was a disappointment. Maybe there could be some noise indicating the man had also been killed by the creature? Since the thing was described in ways that make it hard to believe it was a man in a costume.

  3. FriendsWhoCreepypasta

    Oh, wow… I really didn’t expect this to make it onto the site. It was my first Creepy Pasta, and now that I read it over, there are quite a few things I could change. Sigh, practice makes perfect…

  4. 7/10
    Really, the only redeeming quality of this pasta was the disturbing antagonist. It was rather poorly written, and some of the diction leads me to assume that most of the larger vocab used were words the author didn’t actually understand. That’s just a poor move all around, never use words you don’t know just to sound more intelligent.
    It didn’t seem very polished, so I would like to take a moment to advocate for proof-reading. A ritual that should be done several times over for any text.
    My final complaint would be the abrupt ending. The reader wasn’t really given any reason to be afraid of the monster other than its frightening appearance. As such, there aren’t any clues given about what one should expect for the narrator. Thus, the suspenseful ending is a moot point, the final impression is “Well, what happened?” instead of dread or fear.

  5. I disagree with some of these people. I think the story could’ve been better, but I really enjoyed it. I think maybe if it were creepier, and more detailed it would’ve been better. But 8.6/10

  6. Look, a ton of these comments are just hate, hate isn’t helpful… The story needs some work, definitely, I’ll agree with that, the part with the little sister makes no sense. The end was also very confusing, what did the guy have to do with the monster? I think that this story needs a re-do, keep the general idea but we-write the whole story. Tie up your loose ends and give some sense to it, that could make it a great pasta. Keep at it! :)

  7. The tenses need to agree, first of all, and some work needs to be done with the comma placement. Grammatical errors should not be so glaring that they distract the reader from the plot. The plot does, I feel, lack suspense. The dream is too accurate: it shows the monster too early. The story would also benefit from a little character development early on, so a reader can know the family and can actually feel something about their loss.

  8. Story makes little to no sense. Things are underdeveloped. Author seemed fond of describing gore, but couldn’t be asked in other areas. The whole thing is a grammatical mess. I’m just going to leave these quotations here…

    “I started saying in my head over and over again, ‘please, don’t see me, please don’t see me, please don’t see me,’ over and over again”

    “I was awoken…”

    Combine these, as well as the many other grammatical mistakes, with some vital spelling mistakes (“I was too tall” should be “It was too tall” – yes, this was an issue for me, as I had to reread that several times to actually understand the full sentence, which would’ve been contradictory had I not figured it out), and we have a really sub-par experience here.

    That being said, try again if this is something you think you’d like to pursue and enjoy doing. Improvement comes with practice.

  9. I don’t understand where all this hate is coming from. Is this a good story? Not really, but it isn’t as bad as everyone is making it out to be. It’s got imperfections, but so do alot of stories on this site. In fact this one was less painful to read than many of the stories that get higher ratings. There were unnecessary details and random events, but with some work the story could be made better. I especially enjoyed the description of the smell after the crash. Really gives you the sense of death.

  10. Very confusing, even without taking into account the black box ending. Needs a lot, really a lot of polishing, starting from grammar errors and typos and going on to consistency and plot holes (he feels nothing except his arm but he feels the pain in his neck? His sister got disemboweled between scenes? Just to mention a few)

  11. Actually this one has a lot of potential. It needs a hell of a rewrite though. This just seems like a rough draft. Take this idea and actually go somewhere with it. A lot of this shit was very confusing. Revise, and learn how to spell follow.

  12. Good job on making the site, but I think it may have been a mistake. I found it to be very difficult to get in to as my thoughts kept shifting. This didn’t pull me in, and when I finished my struggle with it I found much to be desired. Like my time returned to me.

    You got some ideas , but need to work on story structure first and for most. It felt as if you rushed the story but addedome “big words ” in to make it seem like you worked really hard on it.

    In my opinion this should have gotten a “shows promise ” or a “under cooked pasta” tag instead of making the site, but I don’t make that call and trust the judgment of the people who do.

    Keep at it slugger.

      1. WhatDoesTheFoxSay

        Hmm… I think it meant “Well, whatever, stop being a critique.”… That’s my guess.. o.o But I don’t know who it meant it towards… o.o

  13. AllieInWonderland

    Not entirely sure why this is on this site. I hate to be harsh- it seems the author is young and perhaps this is a first story. It had some potential, it wasn’t complete garbage or anything, just maybe it needed a better, more structured layout. There were a lot of holes. Places where I just couldn’t quite grasp what happened. And I agree with S.M. above about the unnecessary shock value of the sisters condition. I never like to leave bad reviews on something, but this story definitely needs some more combing through, perhaps a total re-writing. Author should definitely go read some Koontz or some of the 8 star and up pastas to see how it’s done.

  14. sorry but even I as a non-native speaker noticed the several grammar and “wrong word” errors.

    Apart from that… children of the corn somebody?

  15. Not too terrible I thought. Definitely no great but decent. Needs an ending. So many stories on this site suffer from “endings are hard so I just won’t write one” syndrome. I also had issues with the mystery injuries to the dad and sister. Why even include them in the story, pray tell? You stopped the monster with a kick in the face??? I know jack Russel terriers that wont stop nipping at your shoelaces after a kick to the face. Weak monster. Not scary. How did this lazy monster not kill this kid 3 or 4 times? It had plenty of time and opportunity. 5/10. Lots of potential. You can do better. Keep reading and writing

  16. Ugh, I’m glad to see I wasn’t the only one who absolutely hated this story. It made no sense, and I’m not going to say anything else.
    -10/10.

  17. You have a couple of good elements here the character falling asleep and dreaming of the creature then waking up to find his/her? father had fallen asleep and they were going to crash was a good idea, the creature acting like a reaper like creature was good. but the rest of the story could still use some tweaking maybe have the main character fall asleep a couple of times and have the creature get closer in each dream, maybe have the creature over the body of character’s family in dream before crash, and maybe imply the truck driver picking the character up is going to kill him then have the creature appear in the back seat just something to flush out story more and give a better build up and climax… there is potential with this idea maybe just work on it a bit also some grammar problems that needs to be worked on.

  18. Well…..I have to agree that that was not very well written (ALOT of loose ends and inconsistencies), it seems as if it was written by either someone very young or an inexpierenced writer.

  19. I didn’t think it was /that/ bad. Not amazing, but not absolutely horrible. Just needs work. Obiviously, the sister and dad were in that state before the crash, the crash didn’t cause that. “Something” (the creature, we’re assuming) got them somehow. The dad maybe from the crash, cuz surely she would’ve noticed before it happened? Idk. Like I said, needs some work. Definitly needs some punctuation work though. Also what did the man at the end have to do with anything? Was he the creature? Afilliated with it? Confused. Too many unnecessary detailes, not enough necessary ones.
    ~Moon

  20. Scrotie McDickenass

    Absolutely terrifying. Whoops. I mean terrible. Honestly this was awful how did it make it on this site? It made zero sense. It left a lot of loose ends untied like how and why did that happen and how did his father and sister get so fucked up in a crash that didn’t sound half bad from the way it was described. I’ve walked away unscathed from far worse. And I thought the little sisters head “imploded” and arms broke how did she end up disemboweled? And the damage you described about the little sister was far worse than that of the father. Are you some kinda sick fucked up weirdo and it’s easier for you to imagine a maimed child or were you doing it just for shock value? Either way boo hiss and your story sucked. Big time.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top