Advertisement
Please wait...

Bullied



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

I grew up in a small, quiet town called Dureyham. Everybody knew each other, and there was a beautiful forest nearby in which I lived, in a wooden cabin. I lived with my father, my mother had died during labour. I had been forever pained with guilt at the fact that the beginning of my existence was the end of hers. Due to the circumstances, my father and I had a very close relationship.

Ever since I could remember, I had never socialised with the children of my town nor did I possess any desires to. I was shunned by the other children of my village. I have learned now that this was undoubtedly due to my familial situation and in that day and age it was bizarre for a child to grow up with a single parent, let alone a single father. This was perhaps the reason that my father and I lived in the forest rather than I the village itself, partially secluded from the small society. I recall one occasion in which I was approached by a boy of my age, who snorted “My mum says to stay away from you. She says your family ain’t right.”
As a six year old, I was perplexed by this statement and rather confused as to why he had said this, and what he meant. I shrugged it off and continued to skim stones across the playground solitarily.

When I was around the age of seven, a classmate of mine, Sarah Potts, went missing. All I can remember of Sarah is that her almost white, blonde hair was always plaited into long pigtails at either side of her head, and adorned with bright, satin ribbons and she had bright blue eyes. She would often glance at me from her desk in class, whispering to her friends and giggling, before her eyes resided on her pencil and paper, though I was overly familiar with being frowned at. This was an extremely strange occurrence for our quaint, sleepy town. Neighbours spoke to each other on a daily basis, any children playing out would be watched over immediately and parents had no reason to worry about their children playing outside. That was until several days following Sarah’s disappearance, when the frantic search parties had died down and the town came to the morbid conclusion that any hopes in finding the girl were futile.

Advertisements

Communication between villagers broke down. Children were forbidden to play outside now, and a child wouldn’t be seen without a parent by their side. Dureyham became a ghost town. I skipped down the darkening streets alone on my way home, triumphant, as any young child would be, at the fact that I now had the entire town to play in without facing the usual torment I succumbed to from the other children.

Advertisements

Creaking open the wooden door, I walked to the kitchen where my father was dishing up the evening meal. I began to salivate with anticipation and hunger. I hadn’t eaten all day again as the village children, as usual, had stolen my lunch.
“Sit down darling,” smiled Father. I jumped onto a wonky wooden chair, licking my lips.
“They didn’t find Sarah,” I slurped through mouthfuls of beef.
“That poor child,” murmured my father, his brow creasing with empathy. He took a bite of his own food and swallowed, before adding, “Were you tormented by those wicked children today, my dear?”
I shook my head, chewing.
“Good. I suppose the town has grown quiet following the disappearance.” He swallowed his glass of water in three small gulps, taking his dish and cutlery to one side before leaving the room.

Advertisements

Sucking at a piece of gristle caught in my tooth unsuccessfully, I used my little fingers to pry it out. I looked at what lay in my small hand before me; a red snippet of ribbon and a strand of long, blonde hair. I smiled, and continued eating.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

43 thoughts on “Bullied”

  1. God, it KILLS me when I find a pasta with a decent plot destroyed by bad dialouge and self-narration.

  2. Thanks for the reviews, guys. This is my first go at a pasta so I was proud of the rating, lol.

    As for the comments about the vocabulary, this is indeed, as pointed out by a commentor (thankyou) told from the point of view of an adult, hence the comments about the size of the hands/fingers.

    The reason the main character (a young girl, contrary to the assumptions made in previous comments) didn’t reveal to her father that she had, once again, been picked on was that Sarah, the main tormentor obviously wasn’t present during the day so that took the strain of off the bullying majorly. Also, I tried to present her father as a mentally unstable individual (after all, he was a cannibal, lol) so the child wouldn’t exactly want to admit she had been picked on once again to her sometimes doting yet unpredictable father.

    To the comment regarding the continuity errors on the basis of her abuse from peers, (‘how can she be shunned and bullied?’ Something along those lines) it is possible to be shunned from socialization and acceptance whilst also being bullied.

    As for the unusual dialect I used, this story is set in Britain, Britain in a previous time. So I did the best I could to replicate the style in which people spoke at that time and in that location.

    I appreciate the criticism nonetheless and will bare this in mind for future reference. Please acknowledge that this is my first crack at a creepypasta so I am undoubtedly a bit rusty.

  3. Ehh, as soon as I noticed her slurping the food down I new it was cannibalism. It was obvious that her dad was not normal when the child went missing but the twist, until the end was unexpected for me. I think that you could’ve come up with a better reason for her family to be hated than just single parented, but nonetheless great pasta! Tasty (if ya know what I mean *finds ribbon in pasta*)

  4. This story feels disjointed. The main character is hard to believe, and the narration often contradicts itself. I don’t mind the story line at all, but I don’t feel that the prose lent itself well in this story. Really think about where commas should be used, and whether or not they should be replaced with semi-colons. Also people are not beef. 0.o

  5. Also, his Dad speaks like a fairy tale character, which I don’t consider part of the vocabulary (since it’s supposed to be a quote) I would call it a failure of verbiage.

  6. I don’t think the vocabulary is a problem; this is, after all being told by an adult about something that happened when he was 7 years old. It’s the details and the perspective that make it awkward to read; he shook his head no when asked if he had been “tormented by those wicked children” immediately after eexplaining that he hadn’t eaten all day because his lunch was stolen again. It just doesn’t jibe.

  7. Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird how the characters talked? Also, I don’t think the whole place would become a ghost town just from one disappearance.

  8. This would have to be a 5/10 pasta. Why? Well, for one the thing, the vocabulary of your story was too sophisticated, and the child’s father sounded like a women, also, I don’t think that being shunned could drive anyone to kill somebody. But the story had a nice setting, and like that one other person said, the story had nice build up, and the ending had me wondering. You have enough potential to get a 9/10 pasta, just tone it down.

  9. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Every single time I see food mentioned in something like this, especially when the author is so specific that this is meat, my immediate thought is “YUP, IT’S PEOPLE”.

    Also, what Coyote said. Like, so much what Coyote said. Honestly, who the fuck cooks a person still covered in ribbons and hair and shit? What, you’re fine with eating her and chopping her into bite-size pieces but you just can’t bring yourself to take off her ribbons, undo those pigtails and leave that shit out of the stew? Was she so bland she needed extra hair flavour or something?

    Clearly the little girl wasn’t the only casualty here; logic was an unfortunate victim as well, and one far more sincerely mourned.

  10. “They didn’t find Sarah,” I slurped through mouthfuls of Sarah.
    Not bad, but I saw that ending coming a mile away. I guess I only read the rest for the satisfaction of knowing, and a sort of hope for a surprise, although there was none. Still a good story nonetheless, just not the best. 7/10

  11. Ok so first of all, I have to say I pretty much didn’t expect that. Even though there may have been some clues in that tale, I was too blind-sighted to see that coming.

    However may I just point out that this is a child’s point of view. As strange as it is, and it may just be me, I found that this child has extrodinary vocabulary. Maybe a little too extrordinay for a child, 7-8 years of age? But then again, it may just be me.

    The ending I thought was a tad bit confusing since the boy had told his father that they didn’t find Sarah, but the father gave pity on the child that they were eating as their dinner? On the other hand they must already know what is going on so they must be being sarcastic. Upon finishing this story I couldn’t stop thinking about how wicked the father sounded in my head as I was reading this passage. I have to point out the part where the father said “were you tormented by those wicked children today my dear?” I immediately knew that, after re-reading this story, that the father must have known that the town would soon become quiet.

    Overall, I though this story had a very unexpected ending and a good plotline. I know this story deserves a 6/10.

  12. Is it wrong that my biggest issue was with how the stew was prepared? Hair AND ribbon chunks? What kind of self-respecting cannibal doesn’t field dress and properly clean their kill?

  13. The details don’t works for a first person POV story…”I used my little fingers to pry it out. I looked at what lay in my small hand before me;”…when you’re a child, you don’t think of your fingets or hands as small, they’re normal size from your perspective. Also, I agree with the discrepancies already mentioned; being bullied or not – having lunch stolen counts as bullying.

  14. So the kids mother died while giving birth to him and everyone in the town is a dick towards him because he only has a father to take care of him…. I feel as though that there is some justice in the end.

  15. Uhm… why? There does not seem to be any logical reason to the ending, especially with the father asking about Sarah when apparently both father and son should know pretty well what happened to her.
    Also, the narrator contraddicts himself many times. At first he never says the town children bullied him in any way, but only that he was shunned (which is pretty different). Then he says that after Sarah disappearance he’s glad he’s no longer bullied (which, again, he never said he was), only to add shortly after that the other children had stolen his lunch “as usual”, and after two lines assert that the other children did not torment him (so is lunch-stealing not a torment?)
    Pretty confusing.

    1. Deadlynightshade

      He said he was shunned and tormented which means bullied. And the boy doesn’t know what happened until after he finishes his meal. Also the dad isn’t going to come right out n say he killed her.

  16. When I heard “Were you tormented by those wicked children today, my dear?”, I pretty much knew what happened. Good story though.

  17. that was very surprising. I was very astonished at the unexpected cannibal in this story. I never expected the little, tormented, alone child f the story to be a cannibal.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top