Advertisement
Please wait...

A Recipe For Success



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

Prominently displayed in the children’s section of the Houston Downtown Public Library, among several others of the same title, My First Cookbook appears as a run-of-the-mill children’s cookbook, complete with large print, simple instructions, colorful, friendly illustrations, and a somewhat disproportionate desert section.

In fact, the only major deviation from this theme is an article near the end of the book entitled “A Recipe for Success”. This is a complex, macabre ritual involving human sacrifice, self-mutilation, and sacrilege, as well as more curious and innocuous practices such as walking down a staircase with a prime number of stairs taking them two at a time and then up it taking them three at a time. It’s written in the same cheerfully simple prose as the rest of the book and accompanied by the same helpful, pastel drawings.

Advertisements

CREDIT: Anonymous

Advertisements
Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

58 thoughts on “A Recipe For Success”

  1. Forfax:
    I have the Necronomicon stories for children and the old ones also complete with pictures.

    Wait, you got the one from necronomi-con?

  2. Well considering I live nearby that downtown library, I guess I might want to give it a look. Hehehe man I live in a F”d up town.

  3. Hmmm… I wonder what other curious practices are in the recipe… Like maybe having to lie on the ground in the \"Aperture submission position\" XD

  4. I saw this book not too recently in my local library since some of my friends wanted to find a few good cookbooks to try over the summer (yes, we are bored like that). I rememberpicking it up and making a few good jokes about it because it showed abolutely ridiculous things, like how to spread jam and peanut butter on toast, or how to make salad by opening a crouton packet and cutting some vegetables. Never went to the last page though.

    I need to find this book, dammit. : P

  5. Holy Crap. I’m from Houston, and a long time ago bought a book called “My First Cookbook” when I was, like, seven. I don’t remember any human sacrifice, though.

  6. Walkin’ up the stairs n walkin down the stairs n walkin’ up the stairs n walkin’ down the stairs n walking sideways on the stairs!

  7. hmm… walking up and down stairs?

    oh yeah. thats insane.I must go hide under my bed so that the evil staircase monster wont eat me.

  8. Anonymousity x 2

    @18

    wdf happened?
    A monster suddenly jumped out from under the stairs and shouted “BOO!”?

    But the recipe must have other instructions other than meaninglessly climbing up staircases.

    So you’re just being creeped out for no reason at all.

  9. I’ve never seen an author so preoccupied with the intrinsic philosophies behind occult stair climbing rituals.

    Also, I have this book and will provide the Recipe for Success below:

    1) Sell crack.

    That is all.

    1. Ultimate list maker

      Correction

      1.Be born to rich people.
      2.Have a trust fund so big if you put the money into coins it would be enough to flood mall.
      3.murder your parents and get more money.

  10. >>13

    Ah, but when you’re working on a Recipe For Success, it’ll work just fine! It’s like when the recipes asks you to find a triangle who’s internal angles are all 90 degrees, you just find it. Like, despite the impossibility of it all, it was just meant to be.

  11. So.

    I’m hoping I’m not the only one who realizes that you can’t walk a prime number of steps two (or three!) steps at a time. It is pretty much the opposite of the definition of “prime number”.

  12. Ooooo I live in Houston, I’m definitely going to look for this one!! But, would there only be one copy…? If so, I’m sure someone has already got it =O

  13. I love deserts. They’re hot dry, and uninhabitable. I guess, then, it would make much sense to put sacrifice, self-mutilation, and sacrilege in the desert section. After all, who would go to a desert? It’s the perfect place.

  14. i dont cook well… so i suppose human sacrifice would be a lot easier, especially with the large print and pretty pictures :D

  15. teaching children all they need to know about the important things in life such as cooking, human sacrifice and walking up and down staircases like a retard

  16. You’d think someone would notice this, turn to the nearest person, and say a prompt and proper “WTF!?”.

  17. Desdes·ert1 Audio Help /ˈdɛzərt/ Pronunciation Key – Show Spelled Pronunciation[dez-ert] Pronunciation
    complete with large print, simple instructions, colorful, friendly illustrations and a somewhat disproportionate desert section.

    desert
    –noun
    1. a region so arid because of little rainfall

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top