Advertisement
Please wait...

Tunnels



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

Before I begin, there are two pieces of information you must consider.

Have you ever noticed that whenever a mirror is reflected into another mirror, after multiple reflections it begins to fade into a darker and greener infinity? The mirror can be cracked or completely unblemished; it simply does not matter. The light will always disappear and greenify the deeper the reflection tunnel runs. It is not wise for one to purposely create these tunnels, but for the curious, which I’m assuming you are, they are at least very interesting.

Secondly, yes, you’re doppelganger does live as your immediate reflection on the surface of the mirror. The good news is they are harmless. They live as you do, as clueless to as you when they see you in their reflection. Why should they question your intentions when they have none themselves? They live with as much or as little peace as you do in a single reflection.

It need not matter the day, place, or position of the moon for this to occur, though the darker it is, the easier it is for them to approach. It would also be a good idea to note the precise time at which you begin for reasons that will be made clear later. You must have two large mirrors facing each other with roughly one meter between them. Stand between them, and do not make a sound. In fact, the location you choose must be free from any extraneous noise. This is of the most upmost importance. They frighten easily, especially in the beginning. You must be able to see your entire reflection in the mirror you decide to face.

Count as many frames as you possibly can over your reflection’s shoulder until the greenness and darkness swallows the last remnants of the reflection. Depending on the amount of light in your location, this should take anywhere from ten to twenty minutes. Feel free to take your time. As your eyes strain to count the last visible frame, you should notice pale shapes emerge in the furthest green of the mirror tunnel before they retreat into their infinity again. This may just be a trick of the mind at first, but slowly you will begin to see them more and more frequently. Once they begin appearing at more and more regular intervals, you may notice an uneasy expression appear on your reflection’s face although you may feel your own face at ease. Step out from between the mirrors immediately at this point, exit the room you were in, and lock the door behind you. They have awakened.

Advertisements

If on the second day you feel as curious as the first, you may repeat the same process as described above. It must begin at the exact same time you had started the previous day, hence having write it down. Those things that you may have glimpsed at for only a few seconds may reappear more readily if you have earned their favor. Your reflection may appear a bit shaken, but that is only a trick of the mind and nothing you need to worry about. Once you have finished counting back as many frames as possible, blink only once to refocus yourself. You should not close your eyes again, not that you actually could if you wanted to. You may begin to notice that they appear not only in the darkest frame of the tunnel, but now in closer frames. You can’t make out anything that could be considered a face, give or take the blur of what could resemble teeth.

Advertisements

Don’t let your curiosity blind you. Looking for human similarities in them is fruitless, even though you will continue to try to understand them. If ever they appear in any frame less than 6 away from your own reflection, they have become too comfortable with you and you with them. They have become too beautiful to ignore. You have become too focused on them to notice your own reflection, pointing, warning you about the thing reaching through the mirror behind you.

Credit To – MichiganAM1

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

47 thoughts on “Tunnels”

  1. Elijah Negron (MrLostChicken)

    That ending was a good one. It had a good chill effect but no real long term scare. I honestly thought this was going to be some dumb bloody marry rip off but it had a surprising and well done story.

  2. That could’ve given me nightmares, but there were too many loose ends that weren’t tied up. The ‘pale figures’? What were they supposed to do? Why was my reflection trying to warn me? I honestly enjoyed this up until, “If ever they appear in any frame less than 6 away from your own reflection, they have become too comfortable with you and you with them.” What, exactly was the point of that when you have barely explained what was even going on in the first place. Reading this actually made me want to try this ritual and let ‘them’ get me.

  3. Well, crap. I do this all the time with my mirrors…I think I won’t anymore lol. Good story all together though XD

  4. This is DELICIOUS pasta. One question though: what do you mean by “count the frames?” Like, what are frames? The frame of the mirror? What?

  5. I found this pasta quite enjoyable.
    Doppelgangers are only as harmful as you would be to your reflection if it didnt behave normaly. Hopefully I could trust my doppelganger to break the mirror thus ending the “tunnel” and cutting off the creatures. however we would no longer be in sync, meaning we might end up traveling between mirror worlds, if your out of sync with your reflection there may not be anyone to stop you from pushing through the mirror into the other world… But I enjoyed this story, I wont try the ritual, we like are reflections where they are. lol

  6. xSILVERFANGx13

    solid. mirrors are often the center of a lot of superstitions, and rightfully so. honestly, who would feel completely comfortable changing “Bloody Mary” into a bathroom mirror at 3am?

  7. Read this… I wasn’t going to sleep to night anyways XD (really great story, totally creepy)

  8. I thought that this was a very, well, creepy pasta. This gives me a disturbing image about those things in the mirror, and my reflection trying to warn me.

  9. Your* too* And larger more ‘complex’ words have been used to convey some sense of professionalism to the piece, but it didn’t fool me. And as Brickis said, there is no benefit to this ritual. It’s more like ‘Do this and you’ll die but i already warned you so you will be looking for it’ There’s no mystery, there’s no wise or complete conclusion. No questions answered, and too many entities. The pale figures, the doppelganger, and now a completely new entity that is the only malicious one? A lot better than most, but still quite flawed.

  10. You give me no real motivation as to why I would want to perform this ritual other than curiosity, and that’s just silly.

    Pass!

  11. Interesting; you actually found something living in the reflections that I was previously unaware of. You have potential… But you should know that there are worse things hiding in the mirrors.

  12. The only reason the “tunnel” fades into green is because a mirror does not completely reflect all light back into your eyes. It does a better job at reflecting green and absorbs a little more light from the other wavelengths. As the same light is reflected back and forth between mirrors, you have gradual absorbance of all the other wavelengths but green through each reflection frame, hence the greenish tinge that increases through each frame.

    1. You’re saying that a creepypasta was scientifically incorrect?!

      Has derpbutt gone crazy? Accepting Fictional stories…

    2. Oh, I realized you were trying to teach us the real reason why it happens like one of those ‘interesting facts’ you find in books. Sorry.

      Or maybe you weren’t. Then I’m not sorry.

  13. You had very good potential to make this a good pasta. I liked it, but I feel like I have only been served a little bit, you left me wanting more!

    1. not creepy then u try it by yourself in an alone room no noise whatsoever, and try it for two days straight. personally this crept me da faq out…

  14. I was actually like “EYUUUUH!”, as in, the gasp noise, when I finally understoood.

    Good story. 8/10.

    Although, when it said “They have awakened.”, what does it mean? Did the reflection awaken or those things?

  15. After death call, hitchhiker, and now mirror?!
    DO NOT make me come over there!!!

    Oh well, we can now count another field as closed, just don’t keep allowing infinite submissions to these categories or anything like that.

  16. I love this idea. The set-up is nice, and the atmosphere is spooky. I almost feel like the 2nd person narration undermines it though. Who is the narrator, how did they get this info, and why are they not dead/trapped in a mirror if it is from personal experience? The ending also felt slightly rushed after a slow build-up to what happens on the first day.

    I still enjoyed this, though. I’ve pulled the double mirror trick before, but I’ll be hesitant to do it again after this!

  17. Hm. Another Mirror creepypasta. Feels generic, with a bit of a twist (the doppelgangers are harmless… who knew?), but not much more. Grammar and stuff could use a bit of work, but on the whole, not bad.

    7/10.

  18. MrsPatrickBateman

    I liked this one, the ending could have been better but it was well written and me thinking about how easy it would to try even though mirrors are one of my biggest fears in horror stories. It’s really a difficult thing to cope with for some one as vain as I am.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top