Advertisement
Please wait...

Kisaragi Station



Estimated reading time — 7 minutes

A 2ch story from 2004, posted in the middle of a thread called “Post About Strange Occurrences Around You: Thread 26.” The poster was anonymous at first, but started attaching their name later.

For your convenience, #??? and Hasumi indicate posts made by the thread creator. #2ch indicates a post made by any other 2chan user, they are not all the same person.

Please enjoy this story.

Advertisements

#???
This may just be my imagination… Can I post it anyway?

#2ch
Go ahead.

#2ch
What’s going on?

#???
I’ve been riding a certain train for a while, but something seems off.

#2ch
Hmm…

#???
I always take this train to work. But it hasn’t stopped at any stations for the past twenty minutes or so. It usually only takes five minutes, seven or eight at worst. Oh, and there’s five other passengers, but they’re all sleeping.

Advertisements

#2ch
Did you take the express train by mistake?

#2ch
Is it a high-speed train?

#???
Well, it’s possible I may have just missed my stop. I’ll wait a little longer. If anything else strange occurs, I might bring it up here.

#2ch
Try going to the car on the end to see the conductor, maybe?

#2ch
It would be really bad if the driver had an epileptic fit or something. You should check on the conductor!

#???
Still not sign of stopping, so all right, I’ll take a look.

#???
There were blinds or something covering the window, so I couldn’t see the conductor or the driver. The route is a private railway in Shizuoka.

#2ch
Knock on the window?

Hasumi
I tried that, but nobody answered.

#2ch
Can you see out the window?
Names of stations you’re passing, etc.

Hasumi
We came out a tunnel, so we’re dropping speed slightly. There usually aren’t any tunnels, though… It’s a train from Shin-Hamamatsu.

Hasumi
Looks like we’re finally stopping at a station.

#2ch
You aren’t going to get off there… are you?

Hasumi
We’re stopped at Kisaragi Station. I wonder if I should get off. I’ve never heard of this place before.

#2ch
Definitely check it out.

#2ch
No, stay on until the last stop.

#2ch
Oh, but it’s probably already departing now…

#2ch
When did you get on the train?

Hasumi
I’ve gotten off the train. The station’s unmanned. I believe I got on the train at 11:40.

#2ch
I’m not finding any information on Kisaragi Station…
And Hasumi, your train was going for over an hour?
Well, that’s really strange.

#2ch
Yeah, I’m not getting any results for Kisaragi Station…

Hasumi
I’m looking for a schedule so I can get back, but I can’t find one. The train is still stopped, so it’d probably be safest to get back on… Well, it left while I was writing that.

#2ch
Is there anyone nearby, or any buildings?
It’s cold out, so be careful.

Hasumi
I’ll look for a taxi from the station. Thank you very much.

#2ch
Sounds good.
Take care.

#2ch
Way past the last train, at an unmanned station…
Really questionable if you’ll have any luck finding a taxi there.

#2ch
And so Hasumi became an inhabitant of the two-dimensional world…

Hasumi
There don’t seem to be any taxis anywhere. Hmm…

#2ch
Call 110? [Number for police.]

#2ch
Call the taxi company?

#2ch
If there’s a telephone booth nearby, look up the taxi company in the phonebook and call.

Hasumi
I called home and asked to be picked up, but neither of my parents seem to know where Kisaragi Station is. They’ll look for it on the maps so they can come get me, but I’m getting a little scared now.

#2ch
What about the others?
Are you the only one who got off the train?

#2ch
I checked online too, and the name Kisaragi Station isn’t coming up.
Am I wrong in assuming it’s around Shin-Hamamatsu?
I’ll check Yahoo.

Hasumi
I looked for a public phone, but there’s nothing. And no one else got off, so I’m alone now. It’s definitely called Kisaragi.

#2ch
Sometimes they have phones outside the station.

Hasumi
Looking into it, apparently it’s written with the kanji for “Devil,” but it’s read “Kisaragi”…

#2ch
Devil Station…?
Yikes…

#2ch
Are you a gaming nerd? ‘Cause a game comes up if you Google it.

#2ch
Tell us the names of the stations before and after Kisaragi.

Hasumi
What do you mean, a game? It doesn’t say what the next and previous stations are.

#2ch
Walk back along the track.

#2ch
If you start running now, you might catch up to the train!

#2ch
There must be houses around the station, right?

Hasumi
Yes, there are. I didn’t quite notice since I was panicking. I’m waiting for my parents to call while walking along the track. I tried checking town information on i-mode, but it gave me a “point error” or something. I want to go home.

Hasumi
There’s really just nothing around here. All I can see are fields and mountains. But I think I’ll be able to make it back if I go down the track, so I’ll keep pushing on. Thank you very much. Treat this as a joke if you will, but can I come to you if I encounter any more trouble?

#2ch
Of course.
Just be careful out there.

#2ch
Sure!
Just make sure you don’t run out of battery. Your phone’s your lifeline right now.

Advertisements

#2ch
Don’t get lost.
And be careful in the tunnel.

#2ch
Huh, you can get a signal out in the middle of nowhere?
I kinda think you shouldn’t stray far from the station…

#2ch
All alone on a cold night, at a station with no attendants…
Soon the lights could go out, and it’ll be pitch black…

#2ch
It really might be safest to wait for daybreak at the station, though…

#2ch
Oh geez, this sounds bad…

Hasumi
I got a call from my father, and he had many questions, but simply couldn’t find my location. I’ve been told to call 110, which I’m a little opposed to doing, but I’ll try asking them to help me now…

#2ch
I really think you should wait until it gets lighter out before you do anything…

#2ch
Waiting all alone in the dead of night?
And in some ominous place, yikes…

#2ch
^ Going through a tunnel alone in the dead of night?
And on some ominous train line, yikes…

Hasumi
I called 110 and tried my absolute best to explain the situation, but they thought it was all a joke and got angry at me. So I got scared and apologized…

#2ch
Apologized for what?
Should probably give up for today.
Wait for the first train.

#2ch
What’s it like around the station? What’s there?

Hasumi
I hear what sounds like a beating drum mixed with some kind of bell way off in the distance. Honestly, I have no idea what to do at this point.

#2ch
Get back to the station for now, Hasumi.
It’s best to return to where you started when you’re lost.

#2ch
Here’s where it gets going…

#2ch
Are they having a festival or what?

Hasumi
You might think I’m kidding, but I’m too scared to look behind me. I do want to go back to the station, but… I don’t dare turn around.

#2ch
Run. And don’t look back.

#2ch
You can’t go back to the station now.
Run through the tunnel!
I’m sure you’ll find you’re not far.

Hasumi
Someone behind me yelled “Hey! Don’t walk on the track, that’s dangerous!” I looked around expecting to see an attendant, and saw an one-legged old man, but he vanished. I think I’m too scared to move.

#2ch
I told you not to look back! RUN

#2ch
Calm down and listen to big bro, okay?
Check out where that drum’s coming from.
There’s bound to be somebody playing it…

#2ch
^ Where the hell are you planning to take Hasumi?

#2ch
Why’d you know it was an “old man” if it was just a single leg?

#2ch
^ …Uh, I think Hasumi meant an old man who lost one of his legs.

#2ch
Must’ve been an old man who died and lost a leg after walking along the track.

Hasumi
I can’t walk or run any further. The drumming sound is getting a little closer.

Advertisements

#2ch
Wait for dawn.
It won’t be scary in the daylight.

#2ch
I’m glad I stayed on the train…

Hasumi
I’m still alive. But I fell and started bleeding, and I broke a heel, so I’m sitting still on the ground. I don’t want to die now…

#2ch
It should be safe if you leave the tunnel.
Once you get out of there, call for help immediately.

Hasumi
I called home. Dad’s calling the police, but the sound keeps getting closer.

#2ch
I hope to god that’s not the sound of a train…
But it might be too late…

Hasumi
I finally managed to make it to the front of the tunnel. The name says Isanuki. The sound’s still getting closer, so I’m going to leave the tunnel. If I’m safe once I get out of the tunnel, I’ll post again.

#2ch
Good luck.

#2ch
This is the end.
Forget about trains and stations.
Forget about going back.
Forget about someone chasing you.
The sound you’re hearing is just something you imagined.
Run out of the tunnel.
If you stop, you’ll only succumb to something which does not belong in this world.

Hasumi
I left the tunnel. There’s someone up ahead. It looks like all your advice was right after all. Thank you so much. My face is such a mess from tears, he might just mistake me for a monster.

#2ch
Wait, Hasumi!
Don’t die on us!

#2ch
Stop! That can’t be good!

#2ch
Someone there? This late at night?
That’s suspicious…

Hasumi
He seems gentle, and was worried for me. He called for a train to take me to the nearest station. Apparently there’s some kind of business hotel there. I’m truly, truly thankful to all of you.

#2ch
Hasumi, please answer me this one thing.
Can you ask that man what that place is?

#2ch
Is he really gentle?
He sounds kinda scary from what you said…

#2ch
That guy’s no good!!
Why’s he by the track at this hour?
He must’ve been a corpse or something!
Hasumi, RUN!!

Hasumi
I asked him where it was, and he said Hina. That seems extremely unlikely, though…

#2ch
Hasumi, get off the train!

#2ch
Excuse me, Hasumi? Where’s Hina?

Hasumi
We’ve been headed toward the mountains for some time. It really doesn’t strike me as a place where trains would go. And he’s stopped talking to me entirely.

#2ch
Probably because you’re constantly messing with your phone?

#2ch
Hasumi, oh no, oh no…
Did you contact your parents after you got out of the tunnel and received aid (?) from this guy?

#2ch
Hasumi.
Please call 110.
This might be your last chance.

Hasumi
My battery’s almost run out. Things are getting strange, so I think I’m going to make a run for it. He’s been talking to himself about bizarre things for a while now. To prepare for just the right time, I’m going to make this my last post for now.

* Afterward, “Hasumi” was never heard from again.

Credit: Anonymous

Publisher’s Note: This was an actual thread on 2chan, a Japanese image board. Thread translated and compiled for easier reading by vgperson.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

57 thoughts on “Kisaragi Station”

  1. #2ch
    Why’d you know it was an “old man” if it was just a single leg?

    #2ch
    ^ …Uh, I think Hasumi meant an old man who lost one of his legs.

    lmao

  2. Can someone explain the story to me? I didnt find it creepy at all but maybe theres a history to it to give it background that i didnt know about.

    1. Basically, the person name Hasumi rode a train but find it strange that the train never stop for so long (Longer than usual). Hasumi then ask people on the thread what to do. Hasumi go around checking on various things. The conductor room is locked and cannot be seen thru and got no response to Hasumi’s knocks, there are other passengers that are sleeping and from the window, the train is in countryside. Then the train stopped at Kisaragi (Devil) station and when checking out the station, the train Hasumi was about to get back on left. Hasumi then tried to find out the current location but no luck. Hasumi couldn’t get help cause the location is unknown. Then waiting walking on the track, Hasumi met a one-legged old man who warned Hasumi not to walk on the track before vanishing. While walking, Hasumi fell, broke the heel and started bleeding. Hasumi managed to get to the tunnel and passed thru it to met a man on the other side that took Hasumi on another train. When that man started acting strange, Hasumi try to leave. Then they never heard from Hasumi again.

  3. Ooh, yes! I read the original thread on 2ch, and it’s stuck with me for a few years. Every once in awhile it’ll pop into my head, and I’ll try and do research on Kisaragi Station, try to find more recent stories or… Something! To solve it. To reference The Tipping Point, it definitely has the Stickiness Factor. And for that alone, 10/10. So much mystery, suspense, and sparking curiosity, as well as empathy towards the protagonist and those helping him

  4. Wow,
    At one part I almost lol’d
    “Are you a gaming nerd,it comes up with a game if. You google it”
    This is how I would react,
    “Oh my god are you fricken kidding me I’m about to to fricken die
    $&()$ you”

  5. So weird what just happened to me. I live in town so there’s always a lot of noise in the area, but the entire time I read this, there wasn’t a sound to be heard anywhere. I even stopped for a few minutes just to check if there was any sign of life outside the window, but nothing, just dead silence, and it creeped me the hell out, but I kept reading, and when I finished, everything turned to normal :) Great pasta though!

  6. There’s a story, in Japan, of a “Cursed trainline” that passes around 2 am. It is believed that, if you board this trainline, it will take you to an alternate reality where time is “broken”; where you will wander in confusion until the demon that lives there comes out to eat you.

  7. I think this translation is a bit inaccurate at some parts. Where anon says, “I’m glad I stayed on the train…” is actually “She should have stayed on the train.”, which I got from another translation made by Japanese-speaker, but please do correct me if I’m wrong.

  8. its not weird at all . sometime i tweet something on twitter . it might be the best thing to do to ask someone or somebody for help .in author case he/she write in forum . asking for help …

  9. This is a little creepy, when the person says I’m glad I stayed on the train he is obviously not serious though I’m not doubting the story is true. Though when it comes up that a game comes up when you google it I’m not sure whether to believe this or not. Since its late and the person had heels I’m guessing they might have been clubbing. In which case the person might be drunk but then when she says work I’m guessing she does night shifts. Its possible that this person was bored and wanted something to do or maybe that the driver fell asleep and she got off at the stop where some kids had vandalized the name of the station. Or she misread it?
    Just my opinions.

  10. um the other guy said….
    "im glad i stayed on the train" What!!!!!!!!!! O.o mabye he was taken to the moutains he ran away then he died a couple days later.

  11. Japan, what horror you possess!
    This is really a scary read. (if you grew up watching some real scary japanese movies like ju-on and ringu)

  12. The format of this story is what really makes it creepy…

    Dunno why a lot of you find it unrealistic that he’d run to the internet. I mean, he did also call the police and his parents for more tangible help. But seeing people talk, even if it’s just on a message board, seems to me comforting in that situation. I would probably do the same.

  13. I loved it.

    Though it may seem unrealistic to some, there are people who would absolutely run to the internet for comfort. It seems a bit weird, but I definitely know a few individuals who would do the exact same thing as the protagonist.

    Anyway, that’s besides the point; I got creeped out by the story, so it served its purpose well.

    Nice job, to whoever wrote this.

  14. Nope, didn’t like it. My first though was, if somebody missed their stop on a train, why would the first thing they think be "Hmmm. I’m lost. I know, I’ll post about it on a forum".
    From then on I had little interest.

    1. I like the premise of the story, however, I agree that the concept of randomly posting in a forum for help isn’t realistic. I think if this had been changed to simply a conversation between, like, siblings, Bf/GF it would have been far more effective and the dialogue would have been far easier to follow.

      1. Yea? Then why people keep posting all of their activities on Tweeter? I bet if a twitter junkie get lost in a train, he/she will post it on twitter before they contact their relatives.

  15. Pretty good. If it were written in prose it’d be meh, but the comment by comment formatt makes it seem a lot more real. As an added bonus it’s not drowning in purple. Less is more, dear writers.

    1. Well, yes. Last time i put myself in a threatening situation i just ask radom strangers for help. I was so desesperate, i didn’t know what to do and, moreover, i didn’t really thing straight. So i totally understand her reaction…
      (Sorry for my bad english.)

    1. 1. This was an actual thread on 2ch, but I guess you didn’t read far enough to see that part. So unrealistic, right?

      2. 2ch is not 4chan. 4chan was started in an attempt to emulate 2ch, but 4chan evolved into a haven for middle school wannabe shock trolls and script kiddies whereas 2ch is a bit more… normal, I guess would be the right word. You can find a lot more people having actual conversations and creepy threads that don’t get threadshitted on instantly at 2ch.

        1. Let’s take Yahoo Answers for instance – strangers from the Internet answer your questions. And seh called her parents for help. And if you are desperate enough you will even ask stangers around for help.

  16. This seems to trending, the 2chan boards, but I liked it. It gives off a feeling of realistic eeriness. The only advice I give to you, is to keep pouring out this type of pastas and to expect to see more of this!

    1. well you observed when he say "I’m still alive. But I fell and started bleeding…" straight before a stranger says I’m glad I stayed on the train…

      1. The person who said,”I’m glad I stayed on the train…”, was probably a troll in the chat room, not actually someone on the train. There are trolls in Japan, right?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top