Advertisement
Please wait...

Farewell



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

Hello.

I have spent the past months among humanity, and I am quite disappointed. After a great many queries and searching out suitable aspirants, it seems as though this age is rife with a population whom seem content to treat the unknown as naught but a petty diversion or a thing to be mocked out of ignorance.

Thus, my decision is made.

The lot of you are unworthy of the End.

What passionless, empty fools humans have become. Even those of intellectual brilliance are lacking in passion and while away their time on matters wholly of the material realm, blindly blathering on that which cannot be sensed by human sensory organs and machines wrought by human hands does not exist.

Your culture is tainted with such thoughts.

Thoughts which seek for answers.

There are no answers.

You are peasants.

Advertisements

No.

Peasants believed in the unknown and feared it, and justifiably so.

Advertisements

No.

You are less than peasants.

If any among you espouse such ideals as to actually seek out the intangible unknown and to gain a semblance of understanding for a universe greater than the materialist beliefs which have spread throughout your species, I charge you with seeking out such things in a scholarly fashion.

Research these ideas long-buried and unveil powers and entities beyond mortal ken. Learn of societies who dared look into the Darkness and exulted in their fear to espy worlds filled with that which only dreams may begin to duplicate. Study those humans who dared mix the studies of the natural world with the world unseen and their impossible discoveries.

Stoke the flames of your mind and place your energies into questioning the world in all ways possible.

Advertisements

Or carry on as you are and rot from within.

As for myself, I will return to my repose and await a time when either humanity is a withered husk of what it once was or realizes its potential and uplifts itself to heights I have only begun to taste in my long existence.

Until that time.

Farewell.


Peace out, Mr. Welldone <3

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

110 thoughts on “Farewell”

  1. Oh, I remember you from the site’s previous incarnation. I really don’t know what it is that people see in you. You were never entertaining, though I realise most readers wouldn’t agree with me – something else I don’t understand. The whole “I’m better than you because I’m a spooky being who likes to use big words” shtick isn’t clever or interesting. It’s pathetic. I honestly don’t see the appeal.

  2. ok… it seems obvious to me that the bastard who wrote this has never met a real human being. what? is this “mr. welldone” an elf from eragon? this “god-like” character obviously has a power-trip-wedgie cuz he has his head shoved so far up his ass. mr. welldone, it would do you well to remember that us “less that peasants” could kick your ass any day, any time. you are like the french royalty before the revolution. LET THEM EAT KAKE!!!

    1. He was pretty active on the site a while back and wrote like this in every single comment he submitted; roleplayed as some “mysterious” supernatural being 24/7. People practically worshiped the guy and would fall over themselves to interact with him. If he said one word to them they’d shit themselves with girlish glee – the more pretentious the better. Really the guy was a massive, attention-seeking tool and I have no idea why he was so popular.

  3. Hello ,good sir! What is your name?
    “my name….my…name….”? “FOOL”
    “I AM MORTAL KEN” *head explodes*

  4. I am sorry Mr. Welldone, I get All of this but…Its not creepy, i came here to read scary things, not to bore myself with useless knowledge of another Geek

    So in short to creepypasta this is a “DUrRR, i know big words and im Smrt!”

    Next time Be more Scary and uncreative, its how we get most things on here

  5. This thing is riddled with contradictions, and I found myself wondering how I could be smarter than the “deity” or whatever that wrote it.

    For example:

    “Your culture is tainted with such thoughts. Thoughts which seek for answers.There are no answers.”

    Okay, that’s fine by itself, except for what comes afterwards:

    “If any among you espouse such ideals as to actually seek out the intangible unknown and to gain a semblance of understanding for a universe greater than the materialist beliefs which have spread throughout your species, I charge you with seeking out such things in a scholarly fashion.”
    “Research these ideas long-buried and unveil powers and entities beyond mortal ken…”
    “Stoke the flames of your mind and place your energies into questioning the world in all ways possible.”

    So… research and look for… Answers? Isn’t that what you were just berating us for, Mr. Deity?

    There’s more, but I’m pretty sure someone else has covered them and frankly I’ve wasted enough time just by reading this.

    1/10, this doesn’t even make sense within it’s own mythos, if you can consider this poorly-planned diatribe as having a conscious mythos at all.

  6. Mr. “Welldone”,
    speaking formally and proceeding to confuse your audience while also insulting them in an attempt to feel superior doesn\’t make you superior. It makes you a pretentious loser. I used to think and act just like you, and guess what? I didn\’t have any friends! But now I have more than I know what to do with because I live life to the fullest. Get over yourself.
    Oh, and one more thing. Your “story: didn’t scare me!

  7. I’m pretty sure this is a twilight zone episode… except that episode was awesome and this is just… whiny

    you already have the concept you should have had the guy fall in love with a human girl &c. &c. like in Twilight zone

    potential, but nup sorry

  8. If any of you actually took the time to read this properly, then you would find that this actually has some premise. Perhaps words of more than two syllables intimidate you. Farewell Mr. Welldone, you will be missed. I enjoyed your insightful comments.

    Fear the Darkness

    -Nex

  9. You idiots, time and time again it seems, are incapable of simply enjoying the story for the actual story. No, you would rather disregard everything in it, and pick it apart, finding every little thing wrong that you possibly can.

  10. Yes, there are people who research the unknown. They’re called scientists.
    Open-minded sceptics who would gladly invest their time in “immaterial worlds” if there were any reason to think there IS any such thing. But who are now too busy expanding human knowledge and enabling inventions and innovations that save lives, such as efficient food production and medicines that work.
    Without their hard work, you would probably be dead.

    And then there’s your ilk, ignoramuses who belittle the mind-baffling wonders and amazing vistas of the “material” world that science offers us, and who instead prefer to pretend there’s some permanently mysterious “other world” out there so you can pretend you know more than everyone else without putting any time and effort into studying anything.
    It’s your mind-set that made the Dark Ages last so long. Unproductive, smug make-believe-expertise. The craft of witch doctors.

    You don’t even know how to use “whom”.

  11. All this needs is a few “DARK FLAPING SHAPES IN THE NIGHT” and maybe something to do with black roses and “oh woe is me for my speicies cannot comprehend me etc etc” and you’ll have emo poetry.
    2/10

  12. @Dr. Yueh:

    How do you know he was pretending? Think about it — if you were some Lovecraftian being who wanted to disseminate your information without being found out, what better place would there be than a site like this? Everyone would assume you were just a pretentious roleplayer who was taking the whole thing too seriously.

    And if you wanted to disseminate real occult information without anyone who shouldn’t know even realizing it, a place like /x/ or here would be absolutely perfect. Anyone who wasn’t in the loop would just assume it was made up, like the others, and wouldn’t bother pursuing it.

    Or sneak a real paranormal photograph amidst the “photoshops”, and if someone asks about it, just play along.

    The surest place to hide something is in plain sight. Remember that as you read this site… and pleasant dreams.

  13. I like Mr. Welldone, purely because he made me look up certain words and learn something.

    Oh, and the pretentiousness is sexy.
    I also love how people give him shit about being some horrible bastard even though, it’s JUST THE INTERNET. He probably acts like that here because he can’t IRL.

    oh, also: inb4 THEN WHO WAS WELLDONE??

  14. So basically this was a God pasta with no threat?

    “Hi ho, I’m God, and y’all are messing up. Buuuuuut. I’m not gonna do anything. Whatever.”

    I fail to see the importance of following his advice if he’s just gonna go away. Who cares?

  15. Yeah, I don’t get this one. It’s not scary, and it isn’t really any kind of narrative. I don’t really see the point.

  16. NOOOO BABY DON’T LEAVE ME *cries*
    really i mean you did’nt even mention me in this! wtf your such a bitch i hate you i hope you get eaten by MONSTAS grrrrrrrr. You could have at keast used smaller words so the less-than-peasants COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!

    >:(

  17. I don’t think this was meant to be a goodbye, as much as it was just meant to be another creepy pasta, maybe about god or something. Regardless, it’s so badly put together, it made me kill babies.

  18. Mr. Welldone’s avatar was just that. An asshole, a huge, pretentious asshole. Granted he will be missed, he was also hated. I enjoyed at least one of his pastas and his posts were occasionally clever and fun to read. Cya later Mr. Welldone.

  19. I’m sorry, this was terrible. Is he angry about humans being passionless? Or was he angry because humans don’t believe in the unknown? Or both? Why does he care if humans have no passion? Even if the author presented a reason, his arguments for humans not having passion was weak as shit. Additionally, tons of fucking humans believe in the unknown. Paranormal media is huge. People have very popular radio shows (i.e coast to coast), websites, organizations, books, and doctrines about the paranormal. The whole creepypasta sounds like he just sat in a fucking lab for a week and judged the scientists he saw. I’m ashamed to see the welldone name attached to this.

    Overall i give it a 0/10 and hope the author gets skullfucked.

  20. HurrMcDurr of the HurrDurr Clan

    It’s rather interesting seeing all the ass-kissers on this forum that will immediately latch onto any poster that posts with an overinflated ego and a tendency to use more complicated words then needed. I also like how said users go “THE REST OF YOU ARE ALL RETARDS DON’T LEAVE ME HERE WITH THESE IDIOTS LET ME HAVE A SUCK OF YOUR COCK MR. WELLDONE”

    Good riddance, I say. The world needs less snarky, egotistical bastards like him and his fans.

  21. Yeah… I don’t often dislike creepy pasta, as I typically just assume that someone will enjoy it. This, however… Doesn’t really belong on this site.

    Not to mention, of course, that the entire railing against science thing is just so played out. Might’ve worked in the dark ages. Not so much anymore, since we know it accomplishes things.

  22. I didn’t enjoy this as much as the other humanity-type pastas. This one seemed to try too hard with the abundance of elegant and enormous words. Also, the concept has been overdone a lot.

  23. “If any among you espouse such ideals as to actually seek out the intangible unknown and to gain a semblance of understanding for a universe greater than the materialist beliefs which have spread throughout your species, I charge you with seeking out such things in a scholarly fashion.”

    Needz moar purpul proase.

  24. It’s kinda sad I was able to immediately tell this was all just Mr. Welldone jerking off *again* right from the third sentence.
    Hint: Pretention isn’t scary and it never was.

  25. Mr. Welldone, please don’t leave me to rot with these ingrates and imbeciles. I was not so fond of you from the start, but I knew that I could count on your lurking and disdain.

    I believe that those who do not know Mr. Welldone should keep their foolish words to themselves. Also, I agree with Yup, as I myself have grown tired with the lack of merit and insipid quality of the pastas of late.

  26. ““Even those of intellectual brilliance are lacking in passion and while away their time on matters wholly of the material realm, blindly blathering on that which cannot be sensed by human sensory organs and machines wrought by human hands does not exist.”

    Uh… anyone wanna clue me in on exactly what this is saying? I’ve read this sentence ten times and I still don’t get it.”
    It means, disregard that i suck cock. Seriously though this guy has a very high opinion of himself but he can’t even put a pasta together properly.

  27. Vercetti:
    He’s saying that even those of intellectual pursuit do not have passion for the supernatural. They are too materialistic and deny existence of what they can or do not see/hear/etc. In short, he’s criticizing intellectuals for being naive, skeptical, and materialistic.

  28. Shit sucked, sounded like some angsty teenager that think’s hes somehow better then everyone because “he’s totally unique and thinks outside of the box”

  29. I enjoyed it. It wasn’t all that creepy, but it did give me slight chills for some reason. At any rate, thank you for this pasta, Mr. Welldone :3

  30. “Even those of intellectual brilliance are lacking in passion and while away their time on matters wholly of the material realm, blindly blathering on that which cannot be sensed by human sensory organs and machines wrought by human hands does not exist.”

    Uh… anyone wanna clue me in on exactly what this is saying? I’ve read this sentence ten times and I still don’t get it.

  31. yada yada yada higher being and such, BLEH! F.U to you and your so called “higher thoughts”. I actually thought you were something else but your not. Just lies.

  32. There’s nothing creepy about it at all; not remotely. It’s just “blah blah blah stupid materialiastic human kind blah blah blah” It’s like some Cthulu mythos story without the Cthulu mythos. Ghey.

  33. Hello, Mr. Welldone.
    Your posts have long been thoroughly entertaining, but now they cease to be. You will be missed. I do believe in your absence that this website will be in need of a new supernatural entity. Any suggestions on a successor?
    In any case, I hope The End treats you well.
    So long and good luck! And, of course,
    Farewell.

  34. Another pasta written to string together long words that generally tell us that we’re not worth saving.

    Could’ve been done in one sentence, but what’s the point?

    Makes me forget where I am, this does.

  35. This isn’t a story. This is barely a monologue.

    I honestly hate to so simply deny something, but this is just poorly thought out.

    Perhaps I’m biased as someone who works in a field where discovery is the means of surviving, but this particular story seems to be focused so specifically at those cattle who waste their time online all day, that it’s hard to interpret it as more than vague threats attached to some make-believe mythical beast system.

    Like a half-hearted attempt at Lovecraft; you realized it was too like him and gave up, maybe? Maybe you decided to mix genres.

    I’m sorry, Mr. Welldone. This is rather rare; literally. I expect more depth from you.

  36. I understand some of you like this fellow. I’ve lurked around enough. I can’t stand anything about him. His/Her sense of superiority is so freaking annoying. He’s no better than the rest of us humans. He’s just as flawed as we are and just as wrought with failures. Instead of sounding as if you are lording over us with your superiority complex, try to help others see where you’re coming from instead of putting them down for being “passionless peasants”

    Overall, it was well written but annoying…sorry.

  37. tl;dr/
    Scientific progress is a waste of time, we should all go look for bigfoot and ghosts.
    /tl;dr

    I really didn’t like it. Maybe next time.

  38. I soiled myself for a brief second when I read the title. Made me think the site was closing. ;_;

    That was the REAL creepypasta to me…

  39. kind of pretentious in its extreme, over the top use of vocabulary but it has something to say about humans today who are indeed materialistic, empty and passionless
    not necessarily as creepy as it is philosophical

  40. “What passionless, empty fools humans have become.”

    then he says

    “As for myself, I will return to my repose and await a time when either humanity is a withered husk of what it once was…”

    moar contradiction plz

  41. I found this pasta to be rather bland and uncreative. It wasn’t a creepy pasta. It was more like leftovers of what was a delicious dinner. It has been left in the refrigerator for too long then you over cooked it in the microwave trying to restore it to it’s former glory.
    If you’re going to portray omnipotence, don’t start with “Hello” and end with “Aaaand, yeah, so I’ll pop back in in a few years and see how you’re doin’!” It doesn’t give the speaker any real presence or feeling of power.

  42. We love you, Mr. Welldone.

    Come back and tell us your wonderful stories, sometime. We love to hear of our future sisters. <3

  43. a doomed species into its own manifestation to failure in the idea of things we create ourselves rather then the idea of higher powers that exist around us, for those that havent read into these check out curious things to your left.

  44. Quite good. Not creepy so much as inviting. I kind of like the whole World of Darkness-y feel to it.

    However…

    THEN WHO WAS IMMORTAL!?

    1. I have nothing to say, except…
      *infatuated sigh* I love a man who’s dissatisfied with humanity to the point of vanishing. Love me, Mr. Welldone. Love me.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top