Advertisement
Please wait...

Eugene’s Yacht



Estimated reading time — 7 minutes

I’ve been watching Eugene constantly for about a year now, and if I’ve learned anything in that time at all, it’s that my future plans wouldn’t be easy. Eugene was a smart, devious man. He always seemed to know what was going on, what he needed to do, and who he needed to “take care” of. His constant goal was simple: Be at the top, and kick anyone down who tries to climb their way up. He was respected by his allies, and more importantly, feared by his oppressors.
He did, like all the greater men today, have a weakness. You see, my observations of him weren’t just restricted to my daily office environment, where he and I both conveniently work at. I watched him drive his luxurious Mercedes back from work most days. I watched him walk out of the most prestigious nightclubs and party houses. I watched him take rides along the bay in his prized, multimillion dollar yacht, which is considered to be his trademark investment.

However, I watched him become successful from the beginning, or at least become rich. He was part of a well known, high-class family that had a history of business, talent, and of course, crime. He wasn’t always at the state he is now. While he did live a spoiled and comfortable childhood, he lived life almost like I have. He was an average man working in the same office I did. However,  I never was fond of him even before he became what many call “king of the city”. He was arrogant, always thought himself above others. He didn’t care about your achievements or future plans, and he would always push you aside if you so much as stepped in the way of his. Once his father and mother died in an “accident” involving a helicopter crash, he was believed to be unstoppable in most eyes. He was still arrogant, however, and I would use this to my advantage.

I have a reason for my hatred towards him. You see, my wife is – sorry, was – a detective for the Vancouver Police Department. Dangerous work, no doubt, but can be a death wish if you get involved in Eugene’s plans. When Eugene’s parents died in the helicopter crash, everyone expected he was involved in some way, but there was direct proof of it. Unlike everyone else, my wife, who happened to have seen Eugene suspiciously walking away from the helicopter before takeoff, decided to try to expose Eugene’s actions. I warned her not to do it, but she saw it as an opportunity for recognition and reward. The only award she received was a cut to the throat. I know it was either the action of Eugene, or someone hired by him. I can only hope that her death was quick, that she wasn’t tormented for by his hands. I’ve had nightmares that have plagued my mind that have convinced myself otherwise. Let’s just say that they have made me a different man.

Advertisements

It was at this moment that I snapped. My dislike of Eugene had turned into an inferno of vengeance that the ocean itself couldn’t expel. I began to watch him any moment I could. Many times at the office, I found it difficult to sometimes restrain my anger, and my thoughts to impale his eye with a pen. I knew, however, that the only way I could hope to achieve my revenge would be in a way of stealth, of subtleness. I needed to exploit one of Eugene’s few weaknesses. Be there when he slips, and then cease to make him breath.

What could I do though? I was only a simple, 27 year old average man, working in an above average office space. What skills did I have in murder? Could I just wait until Eugene stumbles into a dark alley? No, he always has bodyguards when walking the streets. Could I raid his high-class estate and get him in his sleep? No, his security is probably top-notch. Could I sink his multimillion dollar yacht to the bottom of the coastline while he’s on his weekend sail? Wait………I could. Never has I thought of the idea until that moment, but I actually could.  He liked to have some space when he sails. He liked to take some time away from the popularity, the security, and the pressure of all his opponents. He takes this time away in the form of his yacht trips. I know, I’ve seen him do it many times, all in the same way. He would board the boat (usually with a woman, sometimes two), sail out to the coast (far out to the point where he can hardly been seen from the shore), and then stay away for the rest of the days, until the weekend is over.

The more I thought about these truths, the more I thought the plan was possible, and the more I thought it possible, the more I began to laugh. Along with this, what I found the most… strange, however, was how I heard a faint voice in my head, laughing with me. I couldn’t make it out at first, but, looking back at it, it sounded very similar to my wife’s laugh, if my wife was an eager psychopath about to start a massacre in the downtown streets. Was I going insane with my plan? Perhaps, but then again, I could already be insane before I thought the idea. The way I’m going right now, however, I don’t see that too much of a problem.

Well, back on topic. So, I evolved my sudden flicker of an idea into a bright, glowing, and functioning plan. The talk of the building, which I always listened to, was that Eugene was going to take a slightly extended voyage on his yacht at the end of the month, starting May 23rd and returning the 27th. The day the began the plan was the 20th. Considering the materials and planning required of this plan, I had very limited time. What did I need to do though? I could just as easily sneak on his mostly unguarded yacht (where Eugene ironically believes he most safe), and kill him quickly with a simple kitchen knife or cheap Saturday night special.

No. It can’t be that simple. I don’t want him to just die in a quick moment of pain and demise. I want him to suffer, to fear every moment of his impending doom, and then parish in a way he would never expect coming. Sinking his yacht, along with his treasures onboard, his few guards, and all his successful history on that trip is a perfect way to do so.

With the few day’s I had, I examined the boat at the marina. I made sure I hastily logged and mapped every opening and point of the boat. Every door, every balcony, every ladder, every window. No spot was spared. I made appointment’s with some of the street dealers, and obtained cheap, homemade, but effective explosives. I also bought a knife and a silenced .45, just in case I need to get my hands a little dirty with a guard. I don’t plan to though, I don’t want to kill until the moment is right. As a final part of the planning, I listened in on some of Eugene’s phone calls and conversations to know exactly who will be on the yacht at the right time.

Advertisements

The night of the departure, I ran the numbers a final time: One rich bastard, one woman, four guards, two butlers, one boat pilot, one angered and possibly crazed assailant, and hopefully by the end, one capsized yacht. It was time to put the plan to action.

Advertisements

It was the 23rd, 10:00 at night. I had set the explosives under the boat the night before. Eugene always preferred to depart in the late evening, possibly to enjoy some nightlife before departing. As he boarded his boat, I laughed quietly, but confidently. Eugene had walked obliviously onto an explosive-riddled yacht, which would began to sink rapidly at the push of a button. I made sure I laughed secretly because he was also unaware that I was inside the yacht’s lifeboat. He of course didn’t suspect this, as his arrogance and confidence in his yacht trips always makes his brilliant side blind.

Once the boat was about a mile offshore, I began my work. I sneaked my way into the pilots control room. I slithered behind the pilot, and like a rogue train smashed his head into the control wheel. His dazed body fell to the floor, as the control of the yacht rested in my vengeful, shaking hands. I set the vessel to constantly travel north, out to sea until the rest of my plan would be accomplished.

I then waited until Eugene called down everyone for a late dinner brake. The few people on the yacht would gather in the dinning room, drink, and have a good time before the guards and servants returned to their posts. All except for the pilot, who was required to stay at control until the guards secured the area again. When everyone was present in the room, I barred all the doors that led to freedom. I didn’t need to worry about the windows, as all were closed and Eugene had them bulletproofed years ago, feeling the need for at least some security.

I fled to the lifeboat with all my stamina. There was no more need for stealth, just haste. Once I dived to the small boat, lowered to the water, and got myself around twenty feet away, I took a few deep breaths, and then pushed the detonator for the explosives.

A loud force from underneath the surface could be heard, and then large amounts of bubbles began to excrete around the edge of the boat. I heard a few startled screams at first, then silence, and then screams of turmoil and fear as the boat began to become consumed by water. The passengers screamed as yacht dragged down into the water, as if it was a dammed soul being forcefully taken to hell. They tried to break the windows, but continued to panic as Eugene’s poor planning said otherwise.

Advertisements

In one of the yacht’s last moments, Eugene looked out of one of the last surfaced windows, and he spotted me. He an I exchanged hateful glares for a quick moment. The look I witnessed in his face was brief, but it’s one I will remember for the remainder of my life. It was a look of recognition, of remembrance, of regret. But most of all, it asked a question: How the hell did a man like this get the best of me? Perhaps, he found the answer to that question in the little time he had left.

Eugene, along with everyone else on that boat, was never found. Neither was the yacht for that matter. I had made preparations to make sure it wouldn’t be recovered. Because of the remoteness of the boat, and the depth of the coastline, it was remained suspected that Eugene’s yacht was lost at sea during a storm, which actually happened the day after my actions. I suppose that was lucky on my part.

Sitting here in my apartment now, thinking about the event, I can’t help but think of the life I destroyed. I took a life with great potential, a life that had many turns, many moments of struggle, and moments of success and victory. Eugene could have even gone to the status of President if he had put the effort in. He was feared, respected, and in some cases, loved. The more I think about it, the more it begins to make me laugh. The more I laugh,  the more I hear the faint voice of my wife begin laugh with me.

Credit To – Richard C. Southard

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

46 thoughts on “Eugene’s Yacht”

  1. Sadistica Houndsblood

    Although this needed to be proofread, it had the feel of something you might have heard on any given number of OTR shows.

  2. little miss black cat

    Well adding the part where he killed people and heard voices I made the strict conclusion that he is a *cough*psycopath*cough*.

  3. This reminds me so much of a short story in Stephen King’s book “Nightmares and Dreamscapes”
    It’s almost identical to this. Even the name is similar, Dolan’s Cadillac, Eugene’s yacht. Coincidence? Inspiration? Who knows.

  4. To be perfectly honest, I have no clue why this was accepted. I’m not saying that because of it’s reception, but because of how it was one of the first pieces i’ve wrote. At least in my own view, my writing has vastly improved over the months, and have made extra steps to ensure it is of good quality. I didn’t even know it was accepted until now. I thank you all who have given your opinions, especially those who have given tips and guidance. Also, to those who say i’ve ripped off Dolan’s Cadilac, that’s what it supposed to be. It’s not intended to be a complete copy, but a story that emulates the style with a different setting.

  5. I typically don’t like to leave negative feedback, but unfortunatly I have to this time. This is essentially a retelling of one of Steven Kings older short stories “Dolan’s Cadillac”, if this is just a coincidence then I am sorry, but it seems to me that this is just ripped of story
    Failed writer,
    Jace

  6. I don’t quite understand why everyone is saying this is terrible and hard to read. I had no troubles reading this story at all and I personally thought it was amazing and well written. If you had trouble reading this then you just have a problem reading. It was excellent and I give it a 10/10! Continue the good work. :D

  7. Has potential, but really needs a twist or something to make it more interesting. Also could do with some proof-reading as there were many spelling and grammar errors. Never use apostrophes when a word isn’t possessive. Also make sure that you don’t suddenly change verb tense in the middle of a sentence. For example, “The dog ate his food and then runs to his dog house.” (Sorry, I’m not feeling incredibly creative at the moment.) “Ate” is in the past tense and “runs” is in the present and one should be changed to fit the tense of the other.
    I feel the need to explain this since it’s not heavily emphasized in schools very often, and it’s a pretty common mistake writers on this site make.
    Anyway, I don’t think this story is as bad as many people in the comments are claiming. It was just rather dull and could’ve used some more scary sauce. Also consider getting your stories proofread by a friend or family member.

  8. Meh it wasn’t bad, I thought the idea of a creepy pasta was to make it scary? This was just revenge between a man with a hatred for another man with no horror aspect. It wasn’t actually intended to be scary at all.

    1. creepy pasta isnt only scary stories it’s stories that are just out of the ordinary…most of the none scary one’s are in fact a a bit of creepy factor and make you think about desicions you have made

  9. I don’t think creepy necessarily needs to be supernatural, but this wasn’t creepy at all. Maybe if the story had been told from Eugene’s perspective. Like, he knew he was being followed but couldn’t figure out by whom. Build up the suspense of his terror when he decides to get away for a few days in his safe place: his yacht.

  10. Not necessarily creepy outside of the two “wife’s voice inside my head” statements that maybe were added to MAKE it qualify as a creepypasta. Alone, the story has it’s merits for visualization for sure. I was there on that boat as I read. Not sure if it was a creepypasta though.

  11. It was definitely a weak, poorly written, and not-really-at-all creepy revenge fantasy that worked unrealistically perfectly. No twist, no originality, no real plot point. If it was up to me I would’ve put it in Crappypasta with the “Undercooked Pasta” and “Needs More Scary Sauce” categories.

    Still, I sympathize with derpbutt’s greivances that the quality of pastas have been degrading, and I imagine his scenario of reading through a billion shit-fests. If even half of what he says about the quality of these pastas are true, then this story probably looked like ‘Psychosis’ in comparison.

    My verdict, even if it’s mediocre, I appreciate we’re getting new pastas at all.

  12. I have to say this pasta was poorly thought out. If they got so many pastas and this was the best of them… then I fear for the future of literature as we know it.

    1. Just picking a random comment to reply to, but this is aimed at everyone:

      Part of the benefit of Crappypasta is that you guys can see the caliber of the stuff I’m rejecting. Of course, there’s stuff that I reject that I am not given permission to archive there, but for the most part you’re getting a very accurate picture of what my inbox looks like as of late.

      I’m sure you’d agree that yes, this pasta far outshines the stuff I’ve been posting over there lately.

      I do find it slightly annoying that people seem to only need one pasta they dislike to say things like “all pastas this month have been terrible” – even when the others have been generally well-received, at least going off their ratings and comments – but I understand that this is the internet, people have short attention spans and a predisposition to exaggeration.

      I do feel that sometimes, that tendency towards hyperbole can be a bit unfair to the authors. I’ve said it before, but unless we’re talking about the incredibly low-effort and lazy walls-o-text JtK/Slenderman self-insert fanfic that’s so common over on Crappy where there’s probably not much that can be done to get through to the author, I do wish that people would be more constructive in their feedback.

      After all, if you guys want to get more quality in your pastas, it only makes sense that you should make an effort to help the authors improve. Many authors do actually submit rewrites based on the feedback they receive!

      Just something to consider.

      1. I must agree with Derpbutt here. It makes no use to complain about the quality of the writing here on creepypasta. If you wanted better quality reading material, you can look somewhere else. Yes the site does maintain its uploading, and pay its bills with ads, but nobody is telling you to click on them, or forcing you to purchase anything, therefore this site is free for you to read and enjoy peoples efforts in writing. Simply because YOU are not enjoying one pasta, does not mean that creepypasta as a whole is failing. I fully enjoy reading these pastas regaurdless of the rating, THEN make my own decisions upon them. Props is given to the admin for sorting through all submissions and taking the time to provide the creepypasta community with leisure reading material free of charge to us.

  13. Hello Kitty Time Capsule

    It wasn’t creepy nor scary. It didn’t frighten me or make me jump with surprise or curiousty. It was… not fit for a CreepyPasta story in my opinion.

  14. To me it was very confusing and repetitive. I did not enjoy this one at all. Sorry, the opening was very mixed up and unclear in my opinion. Good try, but 2/10 from me.

  15. This is a complete rip-off of “Dolan’s Cadillac” by Stephen King.

    Rich powerful Dolan has a schoolteacher’s wife murdered when she threatens to expose him. The schoolteacher begins to plan his revenge, all the while hearing his wife’s voice in his head. He then buries Dolan and his bodyguards alive, in his pride and joy, his Cadillac.

    All you did was switch the Cadillac for a yacht.

  16. There have been only a few comments upon this particular story, but no truly constructive criticism. So, if I may, I would like the honor of going into detail on how you can improve your writing by using this story as a valuable lesson.

    Allow me to start with the entire story before we focus on the details. The overall plot seemed interesting enough, but it left much to be desired. I couldn’t help but feel it would have been better if there had been more detail to it all, instead of merely saying “This is what happened, This is who he is, etc.” Perhaps go into detail with how Eugene had ascended so high up, become so powerful through crime. With how he is mentioned to be able to afford multi-million dollar yachts, bodyguards, and buildings, all when he was mentioned as being “an average man working in the same office I did.” This sudden and unexplainable rise to power makes him seem like a super-villain in a B-Movie. He is evil and powerful just because.

    Also, I felt like you could have done so much more with your protagonist’s thought process. His wife had been murdered, and perhaps even tortured at the hands of a man who was practically untouchable. His mind would fray at the frustration, he would cry out in his desperation, he would scream and lash out. Take your reader on a journey, make them connect with the protagonist by detailing his slow descent into his madness. I felt like hearing his wife should have either been explored further as I mentioned above with his slip into insanity, or not mentioned at all. It seems an irrelevant component at the present time.

    Now, on the topic of just how it was written. There were several words that should not have been used where they were, as is obvious in the very first paragraph, with “feared by his oppressors.” This was a case of you using a word you did not truly understand the meaning of. An oppressor is one who would Oppress Eugene, and the definition of Oppress is as follows:

    1.Keep (someone) in subservience and hardship, esp. by the unjust exercise of authority.
    2.Cause (someone) to feel distressed, anxious, or uncomfortable: “he was oppressed by worry”.

    As a writer, seeing this mistake in right from the beginning left a bad taste in my mouth. There are several similar instances throughout the story, but I shan’t detail each of them here. Along with poor spelling and grammar throughout, the story was difficult for me to finish.

    This is not meant to insult, but quite the opposite. I believe each writier, each story has potential. Some tales merely need more work then others. My suggestion for you is this, Work harder upon the “Why’s” and “How’s” of a story, try to make your characters seem more like real people and less like actors in a low-budget film. Read over your story a few times before you submit it, have someone else check it as well for proper grammar, spelling, and word usage. I give this a 2 out of 10 for being a poor story, but one that had potential. Do not be disheartened, I hope you take what I have said to heart and work much harder in the future.

    I wish you the best of luck, Richard.

  17. So, so bad. Can’t the quality of writing on Creepypasta be upped? Can’t there be a bit more editorial control over what goes on here – quality rather than quantity? This is riddled with mistakes, changes in tense,inconsistencies in the story, horrid grammatical and spelling errors – ‘With the few day’s I had’… ‘I made appointment’s’… ‘late dinner brake’ to name but a few. And it wasn’t even a good story.

    1. Considering that people were beginning to get on my case for taking a couple weeks break from posting pastas due to medical reasons – I don’t think that taking a break due to “quality of pastas” would be particularly well-received. I was already getting people raging about how the site was dead and there was nothing here even though I was keeping everyone continually updated with the situation as best that I could – and, of course, the site’s profits DO drop when I don’t post every day, and keeping the site making enough money to pay its monthly bills is always a concern.

      I’d like to suggest that all the people who feel that I should be somehow magically improving the quality of submissions sent to me do their part as well. The next time that you feel the urge to whine about “editorial control” and bash me because I let through one pasta that you disliked – stop, take a breath, and write your own high-quality, flawless pasta and then submit it to me when the form is open again. That will accomplish far more than simply demanding that I pull perfect pastas out of the ether.

      As has been stated before, feel free to visit Crappypasta and see what I’m not allowing through. We’ve decreased from multiple posts per day to one per day for a reason.

  18. What can I say?
    It was ok, many confusing writing mistakes make it hard to understand at points.
    But what I like us that it was about a normal human being, (if a psychopathic one), and not the usually monster or whatever.

    5/10

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top