MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Scorpion River ★ 9.62 Rating (21 votes)
- Colorado Fishing Trip ★ 9.57 Rating (14 votes)
- Smiles ★ 9.55 Rating (11 votes)
- Nearby ★ 9.54 Rating (13 votes)
- Safe ★ 9.54 Rating (26 votes)
- Dead Man’s Rights ★ 9.53 Rating (19 votes)
- The Sneak ★ 9.5 Rating (14 votes)
- Red Popsicles ★ 9.5 Rating (16 votes)
- The Passenger ★ 9.48 Rating (21 votes)
- The Well ★ 9.48 Rating (21 votes)
The hitchhiker Andy picked up on that July afternoon was one of the stranger people he had met. She had, after warm thanks for stopping, and a moment or two of silence, proclaimed herself to be able to grant a wish. The conjuration she had performed in support of this was quite remarkable- once the sound of the cymbal had stopped ringing in Andy’s head, he was quite impressed.
Now Andy, good Christian that he was, was always of the opinion that you should do a good deed for its own sake, and not for material reward. He lightly waved away the images of wealth or power that the girl suggested. “My one wish, young lady, is to get you to where you’re headed!”.
The girl’s face contorted with fear as darkness fell outside.
Credited to Ultra.