MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.46 Rating (69 votes)
- The Man on Easter Island ★ 9.29 Rating (17 votes)
- Zero ★ 9.28 Rating (18 votes)
- Breach ★ 9.25 Rating (20 votes)
- Crying Numbers ★ 9.21 Rating (24 votes)
- The Story of Her Holding an Orange: Part Five ★ 9.14 Rating (14 votes)
- The Sealed Building ★ 9.14 Rating (21 votes)
- A Sailor Without Two Coins ★ 9.14 Rating (28 votes)
- A Slight Misunderstanding ★ 9.14 Rating (28 votes)
- Maisie Went Missing Last Year ★ 9.14 Rating (155 votes)
- The Fort ★ 9.14 Rating (28 votes)
This isn’t a proper pasta, but it’s cool enough that it deserves its own post anyway.
Someone send me a heads up via the contact form about a podcast called “Welcome to Night Vale” – they described it as “NPR from the Twilight Zone,” and I have to say that’s a pretty accurate assessment. After listening to the first couple episodes, I’m hooked. As it seems like something that all of you would absolutely love, I wholeheartedly recommend checking it out. The basic gist is that it’s a community radio station from a normal-on-the-surface small desert town – in reality, of course, the town absolutely reeks of the paranormal: secret government agencies, mysterious hooded figures, aliens, angels, and more are all discussed as if they were just your normal, day-to-day life. And for Night Vale, I suppose that’s exactly what it is!
Here’s a short preview clip from the pilot episode, though I’d personally encourage you to listen to the full episode if you’re at all interested – the entire podcast is free, which is awesome.
To stream or download all of the full episodes, you have two options:
Welcome to Night Vale @ Feedburner – this has the added bonus of short episode descriptions and the ability to subscribe via any RSS reader.
Welcome to Night Vale @ iTunes – if you use iTunes a lot, you may prefer downloading your episodes from the store (still free).
I hope that you guys enjoy this podcast as much as I am!