Advertisement
Please wait...

Neighbors



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

This week, I moved into a new house. The house itself is lovely, with two stories, three bedrooms, two baths, a fenced-in backyard, and a big kitchen. The tree in the front yard is tall and strong and does a fine job of blocking my living room windows from the street, the water pressure is fabulous, the closets are large, and the wood floors are new. The only problem I’ve had so far is that my neighbors are rather loud. Our houses connect on one side, so we share a living room, bedroom, and kitchen wall. All day long, I can hear them banging around their kitchen, watching loud movies, talking, and their small child crying. It’s a bit trying, but nothing I can’t live with, I suppose.

Now, to get directly to the thing that really concerns me, it started when I was in the shower this morning. I usually like to have music playing while I shower, but today, I decided that I’d rather just enjoy the silence. The activity was fairly uneventful, until, as I was in the middle of washing my hair, I heard my neighbors talking from the other side of the wall. I couldn’t make out what they were saying, but it sounded strange to me. It seemed that they were mumbling something, whispering, and occasionally laughing quietly, but I couldn’t figure out how I could hear them if they were evidently speaking quietly. I thought that they must be standing absurdly close to their side of the wall in order to be so audible in the midst of my shower.

I didn’t think too much of this incident until I was leaving for work an hour later. As I started to open my car door, I turned back to the house, feeling like I’d forgotten something. As I looked up at my bedroom window, I realized that the neighbor’s house shares a wall on the opposite side of the house from the bathroom. On the other side of the bathroom lies my bedroom closet.

Advertisements
Advertisements

Credit: REC

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

13 thoughts on “Neighbors”

    1. The sound that he heard isn’t actually coming from the neighbor, it was from the bedroom closet instead.

  1. I honestly thought it was going to end with “Now that I think about it no one has lived next door since I moved in.” This was actually pretty good. Short and sweet.

  2. Short and sweet. It’s kind of a stretch that a person isn’t going to realize what side of the house their bathroom is on, even in a new home, but otherwise this is okay. Towards the end, I thought the narrator was going to exit his house to find that the family next door had been killed the night before, or something like that, so kudos for doing something different.

  3. I actually liked this. I was a little confused by how the houses were arranged maybe mention if it was semi-detached or whatever. The story definitely gave me a shiver!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top