MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Psychosis ★ 9.16 Rating (19268 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.15 Rating (407 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11077 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.14 Rating (7466 votes)
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome ★ 9.14 Rating (91 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.13 Rating (8733 votes)
- Restoration ★ 9.13 Rating (328 votes)
- Slum ★ 9.12 Rating (1192 votes)
- The Fairies ★ 9.12 Rating (2199 votes)
- Mr. Livingston ★ 9.12 Rating (17 votes)
In France, a young ambient musician by the name of Charles undertook an interesting new project. He was going to record the sound of himself sleeping, and release it under the name “La Nuit” (The Night). Charles lived alone in a rural area, which would remove things like car alarms, traffic, and such from being recorded. He planned his project for many months, acquiring the sensitive equipment to capture all outside noises as well as his own during sleep.
Finally, on the 27th of September, he decided to execute his plan. He set up all his equipment, and fell at sleep at midnight.
The next day Charles reviewed the recording. For the first hour, the recording played his own tossings and turnings as well as some distant dog barks and a few car alarms (So much for his plan to distance himself from cars). These continued throughout the 2nd hour as well, until Charles heard something that horrified him.
For at exactly 3 hours and 24 minutes in, the recording played the sound of his bedroom door opening.