MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.64 Rating (39 votes)
- Bunk Bed ★ 9.33 Rating (24 votes)
- Zero ★ 9.25 Rating (16 votes)
- The Strange Case of Edmonson, Kentucky ★ 9.22 Rating (45 votes)
- The Musician ★ 9.19 Rating (21 votes)
- Breach ★ 9.17 Rating (18 votes)
- Ben: A True Story ★ 9.16 Rating (43 votes)
- The Sealed Building ★ 9.15 Rating (20 votes)
- The Man on Easter Island ★ 9.15 Rating (13 votes)
- Safe ★ 9.15 Rating (40 votes)
- The Note ★ 9.14 Rating (14 votes)
It’s finally time for the next Creepypasta writing challenge – as mentioned in this post, this time around we want to read ghostly-themed stories. While I’d like to thematically call this the “Summer Ghost Story” challenge (this is going live on August 15th, the traditional date of the Bon Festival, after all!), please don’t think that you need to limit yourself to only summer-themed stories. The ghostly aspect is the important thing – other than that, there are no rules beyond the general site guidelines about what is/isn’t acceptable that can be found in the FAQ. I want to see what you can come up with: the prompt is intentionally vague.
You may submit your entries using the special contest submission form from today, August 15 2016, until I take the form down on September 1st, 2016.
The moderation team and I will read through all of the submissions and pick three winners that we feel best accomplished the goal of writing a good gaming pasta. The top three submissions will have their story hosted here, of course, and the top-ranked eligible author will also receive the following prizes:
- One Ghost Meter EMF Sensor
- One paperback copy of The Ghost Hunter’s Survival Guide: Protection Techniques for Encounters With The Paranormal by Michelle Belanger.
In order to receive the physical prize package, you must have a shipping address in the US/Canada and be 18 years of age or older. If this doesn’t apply to you but you still wish to submit a story to the contest, that’s fine, just know that you won’t be eligible for the physical prize – it will be given to the next placed author that fulfills the eligibility requirements. However, your story will still be eligible to be declared the overall winner of the contest.
HOW TO SUBMIT & RULES
You may submit your entries for this specific challenge via the forum found on THIS POST. If you are viewing this post from the main page, please click either the read more link or the post title or even here to view the actual post.
Note that IF YOU SUBMIT IRRELEVANT STORIES (AKA normal, non-ghost related submissions) USING THIS FORM, THEY WILL BE DELETED. We will probably roll our eyes at your submission and laugh about people who don’t bother to read instructions, and your story will not be considered for either the contest or normal posting. If you submit to this form when it’s not appropriate, you’re basically throwing your submission away. Don’t do it.
Conversely, if you submit your contest entry using the normal form, there is a 99.99% chance that it won’t even be SEEN until the contest ends, thus inevitably resulting in your story not being considered for the contest. The normal submission form gets hundreds of submissions per day – you should be able to understand why I need you to submit your contest entry to the contest-only form if you want it sorted properly. If you screw up and realize it in time, use the Contact Form to let me know and we’ll get it sorted. This can be avoided, however, by simply paying attention!
The moderators and I will read the submissions together after the entries close and select our winners. There is no set-in-stone turnaround time, as things come up and trying to coordinate the schedules of four people can sometimes be difficult. However, we will do our best to keep it timely.
Thanks, and I look forward to reading everybody’s entries!
*There is an affiliate code present in the link to the prizes. This means that if you buy anything on Amazon after using that link, the site will get a small kickback – which goes back into the pot to fund more giveaways like this one. If you use our affiliate link, thank you!
- The “Hooray, Ratings Work Again!” Giveaway – Winner Contacted
- DonorsChoose Campaign & Fun.com Holiday Raffle! [WINNER ANNOUNCED]
- Happy Halloween! Here’s Our 2016 Giveaway! [Winners Announced]
- Creepypasta Contest: Gaming Pasta Challenge [Entries Closed, Winners Announced]
- December 2015 Discussion Post: Unusual Fears & Yeti Heated Slippers Giveaway! – Contacting Winner