Advertisement
Please wait...

You Find Yourself in a Tunnel

find yourself in a tunnel


Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

You find yourself in pitch darkness. You don’t entirely know where you are, how you got there, you simply don’t remember. Neither, you thought to yourself at that moment, do you care. Your main priority was just to get out of there.

You start feeling your immediate surroundings for something to grab onto — that nauseating feeling of vertigo from wandering in the dark without any surfaces from which you are able to orientate yourself is getting really unbearable. Your hands made contact with a chilly, wet wall, slightly arched at as you move your arm higher. Involuntarily, you let out a sigh of relief; you finally get a sense of direction, a guide.

“Which way, though?”

“You still have one more choice to make: proceed forward, or take steps back?” it said.

You proceed forward.

The voice has been with you for your whole life, but generally, you don’t pay attention to it. However, now that you have nothing else to pay attention to, it becomes all the more pestering, annoying.

As you walk, still with both hands pressed firmly against the wall, what was initially a mere trickle of water transformed into a raging waterfall, gradually though, perhaps too gradual for you to care. You almost felt like you had to continue walking forward, you feared the presence of uncannily human-like demons approaching from the other direction. Water poured on the floor you stood with a loud thud, yet you felt no impact of it on your heels, not even your foot. For some reason, they were numb to it.

“Life is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” it lamented.

“Oh shut it. Even shadows cannot be cast without light.”

It must have been a few hours by now. Days perhaps? You have completely lost track of time. You have been walking in the same tunnel, with the same limited sensations for what feels like an eternity. You are practically stumbling around aimlessly, lost if not for that water soaked wall. Your only purpose was to find the exit, abandon this already abandoned, rotting and constrained tunnel.

Suddenly, as you round a bend, you see a bright beam of hope, a light at the end of the tunnel.

“Do you really want to do this?”

“I’ve walked this far, what else would I want to do?”

Advertisements

“You have cold blood on your hands.”

“Is it wrong if it belongs to no one else?”

“So you really are just going to step into that abyss?”

“It’s extremely bright from where I can see it.”

“You really don’t care, do you? Do you care for them?”

Advertisements

“Who? The things behind me?”

“Don’t act ignorant! You know more than anyone else who they are, and how much they’ll suffer.”

“I know even more that this is my light.”

“Even shadows cannot be cast without light.”

With that, you took the final step off the top floor of your apartment building.

CREDIT : Pointless Sentience

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top