MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.54 Rating (129 votes)
- Busking ★ 9.29 Rating (14 votes)
- Becoming ★ 9.22 Rating (18 votes)
- What Do You Like About Playing Under the Bed? ★ 9.19 Rating (62 votes)
- Something Was Off About My Freshman Roommate – Part Three & Epilogue ★ 9.18 Rating (17 votes)
- Two Double A’s ★ 9.18 Rating (34 votes)
- Maisie Went Missing Last Year ★ 9.14 Rating (163 votes)
- The Strange Case of Edmonson, Kentucky ★ 9.13 Rating (62 votes)
- The Story of Her Holding an Orange: Part Two ★ 9.12 Rating (17 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.12 Rating (364 votes)
- The Pass ★ 9.11 Rating (18 votes)
When you move into a new house, you always feel slightly uneasy, don’t you? It’s not really your house yet, a stranger’s house filled with your things. And during those first few weeks, you feel like you’re intruding into someone else’s personal space.
Well, you are.
You see, I moved into my new house today. It’s a very nice house. But there’s something watching me. I know it’s there. Always creeping into my mind, finding my deepest, darkest fears and mutating them into hideous nightmares. I can’t escape from it now. It’s chosen me.
Do you know why it chose me? Because I came into its grasp, you see. It hides in the shadows. It follows your footsteps. But, it can never quite catch you. You don’t stay in the same place for long enough.
I bet you’re thinking, ” Well, why doesn’t it hide in your current house?” There’s a simple answer to that. It’s because there’s already something there. Something that’s already latched onto your mind and find the things that terrify you the most. Usually after a few months it gets weaker – and soon you barely notice it at all. But it’s still there. It’s always there.
In new houses, it is stronger. It has been hungry for a long time. It creeps within the walls. Just waiting in the shadows, just waiting to latch hold of a strong mind and ready to drive you to the brink of insanity.
And it enjoys every minute of your sweet, delicious pain.
You see, I moved into my new house today. It’s a very nice house. But it will get me.
I can see it coming for me in my nightmares. And it’s only a matter of time before I succumb to its terrible, terrible torture.
Credit To: KatKatastrophe