Advertisement
Please wait...

To Whom It May Concern



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

To Whom It May Concern:

If you are reading this, it is for a good reason; I promise you. You didn’t stumble upon this by accident, this isn’t just a cool story I thought you should read, and no, I’m not trying to sell you anything. Nothing like that. Just know that it is for a damn good reason.

Now, I’m going to preface this whole thing with a disclaimer: If this has reached you in error, if you’ve stumbled across this in error and this doesn’t seem to apply to you…I’m sorry. I really am. I didn’t mean to bring this on you, because once you’re in, you’re in. Once you know, you know. This can’t be undone.

You’re a little skeptical about the paranormal. You’ll always say that you’re a believer in it, but your mind is always trying to explain away whatever’s been happening to you, even if the experiences seem to speak for themselves. I’m not going to go into the specifics of these experiences; you know what I’m talking about. This, though, this doubt, is good. It’s normal. It’s the mind trying to keep you calm, keep you sane, and keep you living on as free from fear as possible. The mind is really good for that. The mind is really good for a lot of things.

Remember that night you got into the car and it was raining? Do you remember that well? You’ll know what I’m talking about. Think about getting into a specific car, on a specific night, and it was raining. One is going to stand out to you. One in particular. Focus on that one.

Think about EXACTLY who was in the car with you. Picturing it? Now think about the way the other cars’ headlights looked in the windshield. If you’re having trouble picturing it, please don’t read on any further, for your own well-being. You’re not ready.

If you’re picturing it, think about when you reached your destination safely. It looks a little different, doesn’t it? That’s because this part is completely false.

Try to remember the impact. Try to remember when the red Ford pick-up collided with your vehicle, the flash of pain as your head smacked into the window, and then nothing. Think very hard about that. Think back to that exact moment, because that’s the most crucial.

Advertisements

All of those experiences you had, think of them as being the nurses, doctors, and your family members visiting you in the hospice; that’s what they’ve been: The real world leaking in. That’s all they’ve been. Ghosts are a concept you invented yourself, to keep yourself comfortable in this world; they’re a self-made convention, and you need to give them up.

Advertisements

Think really, really hard about this.

As I said before, your reading this is no accident. That night was an accident. Everyone tries to get you to wake up every single day, but you won’t. It’s been months. They don’t think you ever will.

Go back to them, please. Wake up. They’re begging you to wake up.

Advertisements

If you’re still reading this, I really am sorry; you are never going to wake up.

Sincerely,

You

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

39 thoughts on “To Whom It May Concern”

  1. i love this story it really creeped me out a lil but the whole idea is awesome im gonna soon put up my oen story so i hopethat some one will read it :)

  2. It was really good, but the accident should have been more vague. So it could apply to any of us. Or somehow more common that a Red ford pick up in a car wreck. But other than that it was good.

  3. Started off creepier for me, simply because I WAS in a car accident. There WAS someone else with me, and it WAS raining. The collision really was head-on, and I remember the headlights clearly.

    Then I read it was a Ford pickup that hit me. Sorry pal, nice try. It was a Malibu. Probably why I’m still alive, actually; had it actually been a pickup, we would’ve been screwed.

  4. This was a bit of an expansion on the classic “WAKE UP” coma theme, and although trying to rejuvenate it is appreciated, it feels a little bit silly when a the original version is far more concise and to the point.

  5. Your Own Noble Demon

    Oooh, I love these kind of stories! What is real, what is not..
    Indeed, not the most creepy of pastas, but it struck a chord with me personally on a philosophical level.

  6. I liked this up until the “If you’re reading this you’ll never wake up” bit. That just made the whole thing really cheap, as if the author thought ‘OMG NOT CREEPY ENOUGH! Let’s add a “lolz never gonna wake up” part to mke it super creepy!’ And it really didn’t work.
    Other than that, great concept.
    8/10

  7. That was awesome to me. I love stories that mention false memories, dreams, and things similar. Thankyou for writing such an interesting story.

  8. This had the potential to be really good, the beginning and middle was strong. But I got lost towards the end, right around the time it said ‘ It looks a little different, doesn’t it? That’s because this part is completely false’. The writing was decent, the end just fell short.

  9. I love stories like this because I often think when I’m driving on my own “What if I actually crashed and died ages ago?”. So yeah, stories like this take that thought a bit further and really creep me out. The writing could’ve been slightly improved but I just wanted you to know someone liked your story :)

  10. So, my subconscious self dreams of going to school, hot weather, and browsing the internet? >> D: I don’t know if I want to wake up and cope with being so boring.

    I’m sorry, but these stories are overdone and are not feasible, whatsoever. It’s an entertaining thing to imagine, but not scary/creepy/chilling or even remotely possible.

    The writing was decent, but the plot old and stale.

    1. I may only be a kid but I know a good pasta when I see one and that needs work not every one has been in a car accident plus it was to short and boring and next time you make a pasta think about this

        1. ThisIsANameForAComment

          You mean commas and periods are friends and NOT minions? Aww, I was hoping having them made me look cool in some way. Now I realize I’m normal just like everyone else. :(

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top