Advertisement
Please wait...

Tired Eyes



Estimated reading time — 4 minutes

I was fifteen when it happened. My sister was five. It started on her fifth birthday, when she received one of those dolls that’s supposed to look like the owner. It was a standard doll, the same height as my sister, red hair, freckles; it even came with an outfit matching its own for my sister. The only out of the ordinary part were its eyes. My sister had very strange eyes, blue with flecks of brown near the pupil. I used to tease her they looked like toilet bowls with poop floating in them. I’d never seen another person with eyes like this, but the dolls matched them perfectly. I don’t recall who gave her the doll, but I thought whoever it was had taken the time to repaint the eyes as a special touch.

After she opened gifts, my sister and her friends began running around, dressing up, the usual little kid stuff. I, not wanting to get stuck babysitting, snuck off to my room and shut the door. I was immersed in a scary story I was reading, when I heard the door creek open. Naturally, and considering what I was reading, I flipped my shit and turned around as fast as I could. Sitting nudged between the mostly shut door and the frame was my sister’s doll. Had there not been a gang of little kids in my house, I might’ve gotten a bit scared, but I was sure one (or all) of them had placed it there as a prank. I brought the doll back downstairs and that was the last I heard of it for a few months, save for my sisters stories and packing it around with her constantly.

Two months later, things got weird. My sister ran downstairs one day screaming that her doll was being mean to her. Knowing it was just her imagination, but no wanting to upset her, I firmly reprimanded the doll in front of her, then put it on the top shelf of my sister’s closet. She seemed satisfied that justice had been served, and I was a bit glad not to see that thing around anymore. It was a bit creepy how much it looked like my sister. I thought of the times I’d seen her asleep with it, and wondered if I could even tell the difference in the dark. But that was beside the point, because without my or my parent’s help the doll would be trapped in the closet, and I certainly wouldn’t be taking it down.

Later that night, I heard my sister screaming. I ran into the room to see the doll at the foot of her bed. It wasn’t even leaning on something, just standing there, staring at her. I grabbed the doll and bolted down the stairs. My parents came out to see me going down and asked what was going on, but I didn’t stop to explain. I stuffed the doll in our trashcan, the blue and brown eyes stared up at you, almost in an angry way. When I went back inside my sister was back asleep, having been calmed down by my parents, and I was glad to be done with the ordeal. Or so I thought.

The next morning as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, I saw my sister at my door. I blinked at my blurry morning sight, and when I opened my eyes again she was gone. I walked to her room only to see her sound asleep. Odd, I thought. It must have been a trick of the eye. But later that night it happened again. I was awoken by footsteps and saw what I thought was my sister standing just outside my door. I turned to switch the light on, only to see there was no one there. Once again she was fast asleep in her room when I checked. The garbage hadn’t yet been picked up, so I decided to check the bin tomorrow morning. Maybe my dad was playing tricks on me. The next morning, as I suspected, the trash was empty. While we ate breakfast I confronted my dad.

Advertisements

“Dad, did you put Jane’s doll outside my room last night or this morning?” I asked.
“What? Don’t be stupid, that doll’s out in the trash where you left it”
“No, I checked, it wasn’t there”
“Well maybe some kid saw it and wanted it for themselves, how should I know where the damn thing went?”
That was the end of the matter. Strange, but I shrugged it off. God I regret that.

That night my sister was scared, so I agreed to stay in her room. All night we heard terrible things. Whispers and laughs I swear were in my sister’s voice, footsteps above and around us, we were petrified. But soon enough the noises stopped and sleep outweighed fear. I dreamed of the doll, sneaking into the room with us. But in my dream, it occurred to me that ripping the dolls head off would stop it. To this day I don’t know where I got that thought, but I wish I hadn’t. I awoke to see the doll lying next to my sister in her bed, but I thought I knew what I needed to do. I grabbed the doll in the dark and held it down; I remember it felt heavier than I remembered. I grabbed hold of the hair, so lifelike, and pulled as hard as I could. I looked into the dolls eyes, I had to pull harder than I thought to get the head off the doll, and it looked as if there were fear in its eyes. Finally there was a sickening rip, and the head popped off. I smiled, only then realizing how tired I was. I laid down, kicking the head and body away so I could sleep.

Advertisements

I woke to the sound of screaming. My mother was hysterical; I saw her run into the room, her faced covered in tears. I looked around me, I was surrounded by blood. It was on the floor and on my hands. My mother continued to shriek as she held the dolls head close to her chest, why was she so upset? I’d saved us! Where was all this blood coming from?

I looked around, and lying in my sisters bed, I saw the doll.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

70 thoughts on “Tired Eyes”

  1. Sounds a lot like the first episode of goosebumps with a different ending, similar to the “realistic baby” pasta…

  2. This is horrifying to me as I have a younger sister, and I’ve had a dream or two of her getting decapitated in front of me….Although that doesn’t keep me from loving this pasta!

  3. Who wrote this story?? My sister has the same eyes as the girl in the story except only 1 freckle on her blue eyes and used to tell her the same thing when we were kids!

  4. I think you should change the part where the narrator rippers her head off. It’s physically impossible and she would have been screaming her lungs out.
    Perhaps have her cut it at the neck, or suddenly twist it and break the neck thinking that way it would still work and maybe trying to rip the head up after that.

    Or, adding a very simple line. That’s the narrator did it in her sleep. She dreamed of seeing the doll on the bed and ripped off its neck. Then when they wake keep everything the same but thinking it was a dream and unsure how they’d have been able to rip the neck off.

    Otherwise, cool story. There is a movie about the same thing but I can’t t, for the life of me, remember it. Girl received twin doll, doll slowly start taking the girls place until her mother and others think the doll is her. I cannot remember the ending either. I was a while I saw it on Netflix.
    Your writing and pace made this story unique in it’s own way though.

  5. I knew that the ‘doll’ was her sister, the minute she said it was heavier and harder to pull her head off.

    Good ending, now she has to live with a creepy copy and I rate this story 8/10!

    Sincerely,
    Grim Gamer

  6. Predictable plot. Non-predictable ending, but just because it’s completely unbelievable (even suspension of disbelief has limits).
    BTW, I have green eyes with brown flecks near the pupils, and just don’t want to know what you might say about them. O_o

  7. TheIntimateAvenger

    Strange. Even though the older sibling’s gender is never mentioned, everyone is absolutely certain that their opinion is the right one.

  8. DivinitySwordEoLs

    As much as I didn’t approve of the human head coming off so easily, the author seems to have written it that way to avoid suspicion that the one being killed is the sister and only reveal it at the end. However which ending it maybe, it was still predictable for me. (Doll getting killed/doll killing them both/sister getting killed/doll comes back again then the end)

  9. Started off kinda creepy but the ending was weak. Just couldn’t buy the whole decapitation part of it, he’d have to be superhuman,and the ending was predictable. 6/10

  10. The Plot Fairy Indeed

    Ooh, pretty nice pasta. I agree, dolls are a teeny bit cliche, but they’re always nice and creepy. Fun to read. I give it a seven. ^u^

    1. True, So Very True Veinsaw. My Vessel Did Screw Up, as You Put it. Just Mess With Their Heads Long Enough And…… Volia! Instant Incident, As Well As A Potential Body.

  11. it’s possible, that when you’re tired you hallucinate. It’s also possible that when you’re scared you can’t scream or move… and it’s possible for a fifteen year old to apply enough force to snap the neck, which relaxes the muscles, and if she used her feet against the shoulders and used her whole body, you could tear the head off… and hair is so strong that it’s the equivalent of steel. If a rope of healthy hair were made, and a rope of spun steel the same diameter were made, they would have the same tensile strength. In other words, her hair WOULD provide enough grip to rip the head off without breaking, and as the roots are spread out enough to take the pressure off of each individual follicle, the hair would not then be ripped out. Plus, what if after the first tug she changes her grip to under-the-chin-and-behind-the-skull?

    It’s all possible.

  12. I literally laughed out loud at the part where it says the sister’s eyes looked like toilet bowls with poop floating in them. I just wasn’t expecting that at all and I burst out laughing.

  13. Oh god. He freakin ripped his sisters head off. So the I wonder if they could tell the difference in the dark thing actually applied to the story. There’s never a more perfect time than October to read creepypastas. :3

  14. Well it said the “doll” looked at him with fear in its eyes so that means she knew she was getting her head ripped off, but couldn’t scream due to fear. The story was great, but the ending was predictable

  15. Witch King of Angmar

    @Josh: Details are what make up a really good story. One thing is to make up fantasy and make it believable, another thing is telling that a 15 year old has the strength to rip another person’s head off (and the other person never screams or anything). That lacks verisimilitude. I lost interest for the story at that part. Sure, you can make assumptions about the supernatural powers of the doll, but then you should have explained them on the story. You can’t make-up facts to justify a poorly made scene. That’s my humble take.

  16. He mistook his sister for the doll.
    ………………………………………………………………..
    |
    |
    |
    (xx)
    / | \
    ^ | ^
    / \
    / \

  17. Um, okay, Chop-Chop-China-Doll reversal, anybody?! And I’m totally with Josh on this one, guys, it’s SUPERNATURAL. The doll is CURSED. Who knows what kind of freaky, jacked up shit that thing can make happen?!

  18. I enjoyed this story a lot and actually didn’t see the end coming. It seemed so cliche in the beginning, I thought it would end in extreme crap.
    I was btw assuming that the whole ripping-head-off part was mixed with heavy hallucination, (so strength/logic/whatevs doesn’t really make any sense) and therefore I didn’t think of it as a problem.

  19. I really liked this, it’s classic. But the thing about him ripping the head of his sister is unrealistic. Other than that awesome.

  20. Ummm how did he get the strangth to rip a human head clean off ? plus the girl would have been screaming i think he should have stabed it or somthing so that it is more of a realistic confusion I mean realy who the fuck can rip a human head off?

  21. as soom as it said they looked alike in the dark, i knew thee was going to be a mix-up… but a good story anyway

  22. Predictable ending. I liked it, but the ending was given away so fast. And why would a little girl LET her sister rip her head off? It’s not like she can’t feel someone pull her hair with all their force.

  23. Firstly, incase you don’t realise, it’s a supernatural story, so if your gonna complain that ripping her head off was to easy, why don’t you also complain that a doll can’t make creepy sounds and move around on it’s own? The reason the protagonist didn’t realise that it was their sister whose head they pulled off was cause he/she was hallucinating, and hallucinations are life like, they’re like dreams, not like big blue elephants that you here people talking about from when they were taking acid. Secondly maybe they got the strength to pull the head off from the doll? Thirdly maybe the sister wasn’t able to scream cause the doll did something to her too?

  24. When he ripped off her head, wouldn’t he have just ripped out her hair? Also she would have moved and screamed. Unrealistic but good. 8/10 well cooked pasta :)

  25. This was on that one goosbumps show based the r.l.Stine books. Except the boy saved his sis instead of killing her.good pasts never the less. (Lot like the baby doll though).

  26. A little predictable, but it was fun to read :)

    N.B.
    Don’t want to whore myself here but, for those who like the S.King style and ideas, you shall check out
    intocreep.blogspot.com

  27. I disagree about the ending being obvious.
    As soon as you see there’s a life size doll, it gets predictable to the point where you assume it wants to either kill the kids/family, or take the little girl’s place. Yeah.
    But considering how it took that setup, the actual ending was somewhat unpredictable. You might realize that’s where it’s going once the protagonist says, “God, I wish I didn’t get it in my head that ripping the head off would work,” but that’s already more than halfway through and towards the end.
    On the other hand, it was kind if dumb of the protagonist to assume the real girl was the doll, especially once s/he started trying to decapitate it. Nobody’s that dumb that they wouldn’t realize, “Hey, wrong one.” Plus, the little girl would scream. But whatev. Lol.

  28. Decent save for the ending. I don’t even care about the cliche.
    I simply can’t believe that:

    1. Any fifteen year old – male or female, bookworm or star quarterback – could literally RIP the head off a five-year old.
    That’s tearing off flesh, muscle and bone. We’re not made of paper. On that note, I don’t even know many fifteen year old that could pop/rip off a plastic OR cotton head.

    2. A five year old would ALLOW it’s head to be ripped off. Little kids will sit and SCREAM if they have so much as a scrape or paper cut; come on.

    Pasta would have been 7/10 with a different ending.
    Ending took it down to 3/10. :(

    1. Yes, indeed. Cutting off the head (which wouldn’t have worked, but would still have killed the girl) would have made much more sense. However, I disagree about the fact that a 15yo would not be able to rip/pop off a doll head, that’s not so hard.

  29. as predicatable as this was I liked it. haunted dolls are so cliche but they never fail to reel me in. 6/10.

  30. Good pasta except for the obvious ending. I also Felt pulled away near the end because how could she mistakingly think her living flesh sister who was probobly moving and gasping was a cotton or whatever doll. Other than that I really liked it and hope to read more :)

  31. Saw it coming. It sort of reeks of that classic “real baby doll” pasta.

    But it’s good. Here’s hoping to see some good pasta here again.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top