Advertisement
Please wait...

Things That Go Bump in the Night



Estimated reading time — 13 minutes

How do I explain this? If I tell you, will you please believe me? I hope you will. Call me crazy, call me sane, call me a believer, call me an attention seeker, call me whatever you please. But I beg of you to listen to what I tell you, because they’re real. They’re very real. As real as my shaking hands as I write this. The things that go bump in the night, the monsters under your bed, the thing in your closet, the creature with the red eyes watching you as you sleep, the things that haunted your childhood, the things that may still haunt you now. They are all real, and I’m about to tell you how I know, so please listen and take my advice: they feed off of negative emotions, fear, jealousy, anger, hatred, envy, sadness, loneliness, anything negative, they love it. Don’t let them know you’re scared it only makes them stronger. They’re all like that, but there’s one in particular that’s the worst about it. And this creature that I’m about to tell you about is one of them, one of the worst things you can imagine. And they’re real. Now listen closely as I tell you how I know.

It runs in my family. A sixth sense that some call ‘a psychic ability’. It comes in different forms; seeing the future, seeing the past, knowing the good, knowing the bad, sensing danger when it’s close by, lifting things without touching them, even being able to control thoughts and actions. Some are far more powerful than others, but not everybody has one of these abilities. There is one final form it takes, the ability to sense, see, and communicate with the dead. That is what runs in my family. Ever since I as little, I could walk into a house and tell you if someone died there or not, and tell you how they died, who they were, when they died, how old they were, what they looked like, if they were good or bad, anything. Of course only my mother believed me. She could tell too. My great aunt would have believed me too, if she were still alive. That’s how my mother and I knew it ran in the family, my great aunt had it. She would help the police find people and places and things when they had no more leads. She could bring them right to the spot they needed. She could see the past and the future, but only if it was bad. For example, she warned my grandparents not to move into this certain white house they were looking to buy. Well, they bought it, and my mother was attacked by the neighbor. She told them not to buy a certain red car. What did they do? They bought that red car. And what happened? It blew up the moment they stepped out of it, they were all alive, but burned and bloody. Nobody wanted to believe her, just like nobody wanted to believe my mother and I when we knew something was wrong. They called us crazy, but we aren’t and I can prove it.

I didn’t know I had this ability until I was about six, when we moved in with my step-grandparents. My mother didn’t like the house, neither did I. The room I got used to be my step uncle’s room. It was an old house, and there were two old crawl-spaces for storage in the room. They were fascinating to me. They were like little caves that I could crawl into and play in. My mother wouldn’t let me in them, though, she said it’s because there was lead paint in them, and she didn’t want me getting some on my hands and accidentally swallowing some. I listened, knowing it was possible because I always had, (and still do) bitten my fingernails. If I was playing and some got on my hands and I didn’t notice and bit my fingernails, my mom said I would have to go to the hospital. So I always listened. I was a good little girl and listened to my mother, always.

Advertisements

Of course, I know now that the lead paint wasn’t what my mother didn’t like about the crawl spaces. I never knew that she could feel it too. Feel that strange presence coming from them. The feelings of sadness and fear. It was almost overwhelming, but it was so knew, that it drew me near them.

Anyways, when we moved in, my boxes of old toys were put in the crawl spaces, and I usually just played on the floor. The crawl spaces were never what really scared me in that house. No. What really scared me was the closet. I wouldn’t go near it. I wouldn’t play with my back turned to it. I wouldn’t even sleep facing away from it. I hated it. Even in the daylight, it scared me. Why did it scare me so much? It was because at night, it would slide open, by itself, slowly, creaking on its old hinges as it did so. I would cower under my blankets, petrified. I would hear raspy breathing coming from it, like there was some ill, injured person trying to crawl out. Trying to be a brave little girl, I would jump out of bed, dash over to it, and slam it shut, then I would jump back into my bed and watch the door. Slowly, it would slide open again. I couldn’t sleep sometimes for nights on end.

Thankfully, we were to be moving out soon.

About a week before we moved out, the night time activity in my closet got worse. The door would open faster, and more violently. It knew I would be leaving soon. The day before we left, I went outside and got a large rock. I painted it with a little pony and a field and flowers and sunshine. It was something that made me, a six year old little girl who loved horses, a little less afraid. I put it in front of my closet door that night, confident that the heavy stone would stop it from opening. I could not have been more wrong.
At about three in the morning that night, I awoke to the loud sound of stone scraping wood, and instinctively looked towards my closet. The large rock that I had put in front of the closet door was doing nothing to stop it from opening. A single bloody hand came around the corner of the door, and I screamed and ran out of the room, down the stairs, and down into the basement and jumped into bed with my mother and step father. I told them I’d had a nightmare. They fell back asleep before I did, and the TV switched on and off all night. I didn’t sleep. We moved out the next day.

I was eight by the time we moved into the next house. My brother Ethan had just been born, my step father had just gotten home from his service in Iraq, and my mother was about to live her dream of owning an old colonial house.

Considering it was over two hundred years old, there was surprisingly little paranormal activity in the house. I liked that house. It was creaky and drafty and damp, but it was big and peaceful out in the country side. There were certainly spirits there, but they were nice. They’d died in the barn fire that happened there over a hundred years ago. They meant us no harm though, they were nice company. There was the mother, father, and their little girl, Molly. She had dark curly hair, and blue eyes, and pale skin and freckles. She was about my age. She wore a simple cream color dress with little blue ribbons in her hair. I always thought she was pretty. I would sit on the floor of my room and play with her with my dolls and ponies. I was sad to leave that house. But when spring came, the roof leaked, and my step dad lost his job. We couldn’t afford to keep up with the house anymore, so we had to move again. Had I known what awaited me in the next house, though, I would have gladly gone back to live with my step grandparents and would have willingly slept IN that closet with the thing in it.

Advertisements

I was ten by the time we got to the next house. By then I had two little brothers, Ethan, and Caleb. The moment I stepped in that house, I wanted to turn and run right back out. You should know that I’ve always had nightmares, terrible, awful, vivid dreams, but the first night in that house, they just got soooo much worse. I would have nightmares of being raped before I even knew what rape was. Twisted images of my brothers being hacked up and my family burning. Thoughts of someone coming into the house and stabbing us all in our sleep. My brothers, being only babies, crying that heart-wrenching cry babies have as they suffered. Terrible, awful dreams. I also began to develop severe irrational anxiety at that age. I still have it now. I have to take pills for it, or I sometimes can’t leave the house I currently live in.

The nightmares and anxiety were just an added bonus of that house. I was afraid to be in most of the rooms there. I hated going in the bathroom, dining room, or anywhere in the basement. That left only the kitchen, my parent’s room, and my room as safe havens. I would lie in bed and hear footsteps in the hall, I would see shadows out of the corners of my eyes, my two and one year old brothers would cry and point at nothing, though something had clearly terrified them. Doors would open and slam shut by themselves. Lights would flicker. Things would fall to the floor and shatter. Objects would float and fly across the room. Healthy pets would drop like flies. Sometimes even the smoke detectors would go off. We’d try to shut them off, but they kept going. We’d rip them out of the walls and ceilings, but they would keep going, we would even pull out the batteries and hide them under the sink, but they would keep beeping for hours. No firemen ever came. They would just beep endlessly. After about a year of living there, we moved again. We finally moved into the house I’m currently in, and we’ve lived here for six years now. In that time, I’ve gotten two more siblings. My sisters, Lilly and Mary, fraternal twins, three years old. That almost brings you up to date in my story.

Remember how I said that all of these creatures feed off of negativity, but one kind is worse than the rest? Well, in this house, there is one of those things. They’re called shades. Or shadow creatures, evil shadows, shadow people, evil entities, ghosts. Some call them demons. One of them lives here with us. There is also a little girl dressed in blue named Sally. She has blonde hair and green eyes and looks much like I did at her age. She was seven when she died. She got really sick one winter, but no one believed her until it was too late. Her big brother died in a car crash, so he is not in the house, but she is. They are the reason the previous owners moved out. They couldn’t handle the sad thoughts of two of their four children no longer living with them in this house where they grew up. I like Sally. She’s a sweet little girl. I treat her like my own sisters. When she wants to play, she’ll turn on the Wii game system in my room and start the music box up. I’ll ask her what she wants to play with and she usually wants to play with dolls or on the Wii. I’ve tried to get her to cross over, but she couldn’t at first. Something was holding her back. Something was keeping her here. Something was hiding itself from all of us. She wouldn’t tell me who it was or what it looked like. She would only tell me that a mean man told her not to go.

Advertisements

To see if this was true, I tired cleansing the house, just in case, by burning sage and going from room to room. It was only after I was done that I began to feel the malevolent presence. I knew then that little Sally wasn’t lying at all. There was something else here, and the cleansing only made it angry. I tried hard to ignore the bad feeling in my gut. That night, I talked to Sally. She said I shouldn’t have done what I did. She said he was very angry now, and that he would come to me that night. I told her I wasn’t worried, if I focused hard enough, he couldn’t hurt me. I was very wrong.

I went to sleep that night. In the middle of the night, I woke up to the sound of scratching on my door. We own six cats, and one of them usually wants to come in my room at night. I don’t let them in because I have glass and breakable things in my room. Many of which are little glass skulls and dragons, strange things like that. So I ignored the scratching and went back to sleep. I wish I’d stayed awake. I dreamt of searing pain like someone was raking fire down my back. I didn’t wake up. My body and brain were accustomed to it since I have such frequent, realistic nightmares. However, when I woke up the next morning and got dressed for school, I felt something warm and sticky running down my back. I looked in the mirror and saw three deep, long, thick, bleeding scratches in between my shoulder blades. The edges of them were blistered and raised, and the skin was obviously burned. I ran down stairs and told my mom. I showed her, and she freaked out. She didn’t know what had happened, and neither had I. We couldn’t find an explanation, so we just dressed the wounds and didn’t mention it again.

About a week later, I was lying awake, unable to sleep when a cold draft hit my face. I shivered and pulled the blankets around me. It felt like someone with icy breath was breathing down my neck. Wanting to know the source, I turned and looked. Nothing was there, but I felt a cold hand touch my arm. I tried to scream, but another hand covered my mouth. I heard someone whisper “Shhhhhh.” And I felt my shirt lift and hot finger nails claw at my stomach. I thrashed and writhed and tried to scream, but a hand closed around my neck and I passed out. I woke up hours later, covered in cuts and bruises and burns. Everything hurt, and I was bathed in my own blood. No one else was in the house, so I screamed at the top of my lungs for whatever it was to show itself. It clearly wasn’t afraid of the light. A shadowy apparition appeared before me. It had the form of a tall person, but its arms were too long for its body, its legs were skinny and unstable looking. It was tall and thin and lithe. Its image became clearer, and I could see it in detail. Its eyes were bright red, its flesh was rotting away. The skin that still clung to the bones was gray and dis-colored. It basically looked like an awkward zombie. It smiled at me, but it had few teeth. The teeth it did have were sharp and bloody. It stepped towards me. It spoke my name. I stood my ground, I knew it fed off of fear. I remained as calm as I could, but on the inside, I was petrified. I asked it what it wanted. It just kept repeating my name, over and over and over. It advance towards me and was in front of me faster than I could blink. It touched my face, the only part of me that it left un-cut. I couldn’t handle it anymore. I screamed and bolted out of my room.

My friend lives across the street. I ran to her house as fast as I could. Since she was a believer in ghosts, I knew she would listen. I pounded on her door, crying hysterically until she opened up the door. I pushed inside the house, and clung to her for dear life, sobbing heavily. She hushed me the best she could and asked me what was wrong when my tears finally slowed. I explained to her what happened, and she told me not to go into the house. I waited with her at her house until my mom got home.

When she did get home, I ran to her before she could go in the house. I told her not to, I told her it was a bad idea to go anywhere near it. She saw what I looked like, saw my bandages and tear-stained face, and new that I couldn’t be faking. She could tell I was truly scared. I then told her what happened. I knew she believed me from the look of fear in her eyes. When everyone else got home, we waited outside. Most of the family didn’t believe my mother and I, but we wouldn’t let them inside. My step father used his cell phone to search for and contact a psychic medium to come and cleanse the house for us, to get rid of the evil. When she was on the phone, I told her in vivid detail what had happened since I first burned the sage in the house. She said she could be over in two days.

Advertisements

For those two days and nights, I stayed with my friend, my brothers stayed with theirs, and my mom and step dad stayed with my grandparents and brought my sisters with them. Those two nights were long and filled with fear. I was covered with burns and cuts that I feared would leave huge ugly scars all over my body.

When the medium arrived at noon two days later, she did a tour of the perimeter of the house, blessing it as she went so nothing evil could escape. I then again told her my experiences and showed her the cuts and bruises and burns on my body. Her face showed no fear, but her eyes showed pure and utter terror. She made the whole family wait outside as she entered the house, but of course, I had to come with her. She said that since I was the one it was attacking, I had to be there for the process.

She walked from room to room with her eyes half-closed, touching everything, taking many minutes in each room. When she climbed the stairs and put her hand on the door to my bedroom, she winced back, almost as if in pain. She slowly opened that door. She froze. For a moment, she couldn’t even enter my room. She said she could see it, staring at me, of course, she didn’t have to tell me, I could see it too. It sat on my bed, smiling at me. Before she entered the room, she pulled a small leather pouch out of her pocket which she had earlier said contained salt, a small rosary, sage leaves, and tiny pieces of silver. Those items were said to have special powers, she had told me earlier. She opened the pouch and pulled out the rosary and began to pray. The creature on my bed just laughed. It laughed with a deep, maniacal, loud, blurred voice. It was the most terrible sound I’ve ever heard. She prayed louder, and took out a pinch of salt. She walked towards the creature, and threw it at it. The salt made contact, and the flesh on that thing began to his, like it was burning. It let out a small yell. She threw more salt, and pressed the juice out of a sage leaf, rubbed it on a piece of silver, and put salt on it, and threw that at the beats as well. It let out a terrible screech of agony and it began to smoke. She grabbed the rosary again and began praying once more. Furious, it leapt towards her and did it’s best to scare her away. It wouldn’t touch her since she had the rosary in her hand. It instead, turned its attention to me. It lunged at me and wrapped its large hand around my throat. It laughed and laughed. It laughed demonically, it laughed like a mad man. All it did was laugh. The medium pressed the rosary crucifix to the back of its head and it released me, screaming like a wild animal in agony. Screams so savage, I’ll never forget that shrill screech of sheer pain. The medium pressed the rosary crucifix to its forehead, screaming out words of prayer, banishing it, sending it back to Hell, commanding it to leave forever. With one final roar, the thing began to fade until it was gone completely. I could immediately feel peace settle over the house, something I hadn’t felt in weeks since I first awakened the foul thing from Hell. We looked at each other and breathed an immense sigh of relief.

We exited the house, and my family was allowed back in. We gave her money, and thanked her profusely. She said if it ever returned to give her a call immediately. And that brings you up to date with my story. That was about a year ago. Please, head my advice; if something is there, don’t let it know you’re scared it’ll only make it stronger. Act as soon as you know it’s there and you’ll be fine. Don’t try to handle it on your own. Thank you for listening. I just hope it never returns. I doubt that it ever will because-

Hang on. I just heard scratching on my door. It’s late at night. I’ll bet one of the cats wants in.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

108 thoughts on “Things That Go Bump in the Night”

  1. It was really cool, but as I see often, the ending was too cliché. But great technique, just try what I do – let all thoughts of the story go and focus on one terrible memory you have, whether real or dream state. Make it scarier, as much as you can – and then, edit around it and make it your ending. Or you could ditch the story for a few days, and focus on things you enjoy to get over the block.

  2. No. Beezu is actually a Creepypasta OC I created. I’m thinking about submitting a story about her during the next open submission period on here.

      1. I don’t really know what to call her exactly, but I’ll try to describe her: she looks kinda like a little girl, except she has two pairs of ears. She has elf ears and then she has these scruffy cat ears too. and she has these tiny little black horns like a baby goat’s. She’s three fuzzy cat tails with longer tufts of fur on the ends. She has long black hair and grayish skin. Most of the time she just makes noises to communicate, but if she wants to actually talk she can use telepathy.

  3. Beezu: *hits the wall with her hand, making a bumping sound*
    Me: Beezu, it’s only 10 PM, go find something else to do.
    Beezu: *continues to hit the wall and make bumping sounds*
    Me: Beezu, get a night job.
    Beezu: *stops hitting the wall and looks at me* Muhhhf *pouty face*
    Me: Don’t look at me like that. You can go bump all you want AFTER I go to bed.
    Beezu: *still pouting* Muhf. *crawls over and lays down next to me*
    ———————————————————————————————————————————–
    Great story! I got chills. 10/10!

  4. Da EndingRuinedItGuy

    erm…8/10
    i see grammar mistakes annnnd dat ending….doesnt make sense…and it ruined it tbh…

  5. someone who really like shades

    “They’re called shades. Or shadow creatures, evil shadows, shadow people, evil entities, ghosts. Some call them demons.”
    Oh man shades. I love shades. Best darkness monster. 10/10 Yes yes. Don’t let them eat your kids.

  6. Jennifer J. Beauregard

    I actually enjoyed it. Spelling and grammatical errors annoyed me a bit, but at least they weren’t frequent. The ending was a bit disappointing honestly, unless it really was a cat…? You never know. Well done, though. I particularly enjoyed how you included different forms of this “psychic ability”, as well as the idea that some spirits are benevolent. Not all of them are demons from the depths of Hell. Overall, I would say… a 7.9/10. This is, again, due to the grammatical and spelling mistakes, and the slightly cliche ending. If this was real… God bless you and keep watch over you. That is terrifying. Seeing as I believe it to be fiction, nice work. Not phenomenal, but definitely above average. Keep up the good work, and I sincerely hope that you continue writing and contributing to this site. Just don’t forget to carefully read through your work. :)

    ~J.J. Beauregard

  7. I thoroughly enjoyed this pasta. It actually gave me a nightmare & unlike most people I enjoy nightmares or having dreams of anything scary. Bravo. Hope it doesn’t come back.

  8. if its a story then 10 out of 10 amazing but if ur saying its true the shit coming from your mouth is crazy I belive in all these thing my mum and brother attacked held round the thoart dragged even myself but covered in your blood?huge scars coming from your body?able to know how people died what they look like? for one if the scars are like that u would hav passed out from lack of blood if you would have had to go hospital and if u did what u think a docter in his right minds gonna see that and b like hey we don’t care hwo it happened bye now seeya and u say I feel things in house but ur new house u only felt something because the ghost girl said and where da fuk did she go u showed ur mum scars and what she didn’t say hospital wow

  9. I believe you completely. The reason why I say that is because, you are what other people and myself call a Medium. If you didn’t know that . I myself have abilities every once in awhile see in to the future and whether a person is good or bad. I also am what you call a physic vampire; being able to touch someone and drain them of their energy. I think that your thoughts are very true because I have seen some very unusual things in my life time. If you would like to talk you have my email.

  10. How interesting you picked the red eyed shadow man…. I’ve seen them too. And everything she’s said is true…. Except for the detailed description. Either you read about them. Or something like this actually happened to you. I’d like you to email me so I can ask you a few questions. Excellent pasta

  11. I felt a cold hand touch my arm. And later she says I felt my shirt lift and hot finger nails claw at my stomach. Hot or cold thing? ;)
    Liked the story though.

  12. Names like “Sally” and “Lily” Seem too unrealistic in my opinion since they’re so overused. Plus the ending was an obvious disappointment.

  13. 6/10 and that’s a generous rating because she had mentioned “shadow people” which is something I grew up seeing, and still on occasion see. I used to see them regularly, and they didn’t materialize into anything other than a shadow “SHADOW people” red eyes? No… Absence of eyes is more like it…. They are a shadow of a man/woman, a little jagged and edgy.. where their eyes would be, is empty space (if you see one in sunlight, there will be two slits of sun in the shadow etc…)

  14. This is a very good story yes, and also very well planned out but there is no way this can be true, also i think the ending coul’ve been a little better.. apart from that it was a great read! :) 8/10

  15. Loved it! Some grammar mistakes and typos but other than that, it was amazing! I loved the ending and you should let the cat in, it protects you from evil spirits, my cat protects me as well. :3 10/10 Amazing, You are a GREAT writer.

  16. If I were you I’d drop the something is scratching at the door at tho end, otherwise this was a tasty pasta.

  17. Very good pasta! I absolutely agree that the paranormal and magic should be taken very seriously because it can harm you (physically, emotionally and spiritually). I do have to say that the very ending was a bit unneeded though /:

  18. P.F silen:
    I refuse to finish the story,due to insufficientwriting nothing about the first 100words incised me.and that is the most important ,the first hundred words.a story must come from the soul. And that did not. Call me what you will. I could give two fucks less,honestly. Excuse my professionalism. But I only use the word toemphasize and stress the context of the sentence.With all hope that we learn to write a little fucking better.p.F Silen

    Whatever. Say what you please. Give things a try before passing judgment at first glance. You may have enjoyed it had you read more, maybe not. With all hope that we learn to be a little less of a judgmental ass. ^_^

  19. spiritual life

    I loved the story I don’t even know what some of these people are thinking! It was easy for me to sleep because I all ready see things that are to unpredictable for most (or some) of you guys

  20. Great story. I really wanna know what the demon looked like but I don’t at the same time … LOL. Just reading this made me go at the edge of my seat especially at the part where you said you walked in your room with the psychic and the demon was on your bed smiling. That gave me the chills. But the one thing that was confusing was that you said your mom has a psychic ability too… but how come she didn’t notice their was a demon in the house before you bought it so you couldn’t have been cut and burned in the first place? Love the story though!

  21. I thought this was the “based on a true story” section, which intrigued me. But all the comments are as if it is an attempt at short-story fiction. If it’s real, the girl lives in a horror movie cliche, if it’s fiction, it does nothing new. I like this site – having just discovered it – but this story confuses me.

    1. This is a fiction website – so this story is fiction, just like the rest. It is merely “based” on something that really happened (presumably), and presented in-story as true for narrative effect. It’s why the category is “based on a true story” and not “true stories” – I hope that helps!

      The only exception is the “real-world creepy” tag, but even those write-ups should be taken with a grain of salt, in my opinion.

  22. Just discovered this website and couldn’t be more thrilled and quick question how do I load my pic next to my comments that I can’t figure out

  23. can i have a reference to the person who helped you with this?
    or could i ask you for advice? thank you

  24. AquaticDolphin

    why the heck was her parents sleeping in the basement while her room was upstairs. wtf is that?

  25. good story I believe in it mostly sins evil spirits or demons like to fallow me home cant see them but I get the feels and hear the whispers plus bad dreams got scars on my back still don’t know how they got there and I get a lot of deja vu like im doing the same day 2 or 3 times any body els got the gift of seeing shit

  26. Yup, you killed it with the ending. But this is a great storry i will read again! i love how you explained the demon. Its kinda scary to think thats what it looks like when we cant see it!

    9/10 good job

  27. I enjoyed reading this. However, there were a few things that gave your story a bit of a fiction setting.
    When you talk about the powers, you make it seem as though you are a mutant (not discriminating). However, I can see and interact with Ghosts. I am an empath, medium, etc. Telekinesis is something that has yet to be proven even in the inner-circle of psychic anomalies.

    Secondly. You seem to say you are scared of this creature, yet you insisted on “stand your ground.” Yet you kept showing fear. This made me believe, “Oh. She is just writing to write..” If you were truly scared of the creature, you would have said something along the lines of, “I felt a wave of fear over my body. I knew I shouldn’t show fear.”

    Oh. You can’t touch a demon. They’re not physical unless they possess a human vessel. In what you described it was a ‘zombie’ like creature. The demon firstly is unable to possess a corpse. Secondly, a demon can only show itself in a physical format if it possess a vessel.

    1. ZombieShakespeare

      I disagree. I’ve seen them, and they had not possessed a physical creature. Some people see glimpses of the spiritual plane. However, you are right about them not looking like corpses.

    2. Also there’s the whole “demons don’t exist” thing. Maybe some extra-planar creature, but certainly no demon.

    3. I understand where you’re coming from but you’re ignorant to think that she meant it took possession of a corpse. Do you know how to write? How do you describe what you see to someone that hasn’t seen it without references. She meant it shared similar features as a corpse. She did not directly saw it took the possession of a corpse.

  28. Your lucky you faced that when you were older, I kinda faced something like that when I was younger… (but it was something more malevolent and it had a name) Seeing as I was blessed with a curse myself to see the dead. I’ve been called crazy all my life, even by my own flesh n blood. I guess that’s why it’s known as a curse…

    1. My mother still to this day thinks I’m making it up, but she doesn’t carry the gift on her side. My father refused to acknowledge his gift my entire childhood, the last time he told anyone about something he saw it was my great-grandmother on my mother’s side and my mother called him crazy. Now my sister says she sees things, things I used to see when I lived with my parents. I think the worst part is that my husband and all his siblings have the “gift”, and I fear for my future children.

  29. This was really good I have a strong belief in the paranormal so this struck a cord.
    8/10 only because you could have corrected some typos

  30. This was sooooo scary, I was shaking, and I really honestly believe you!!! I hope your ok! Have your cuts healed?!

  31. hi i live in thailand in chonburi city any ways you taged this on based on true story well if your just making this up then thats not cool because here in thailand we beleive in six sense and things like this happen till people die and six sense is not bullshit

    1. If it was made up, I wouldn’t have tagged it for based on a true story. You can test me on my knowledge of the supernatural. I didn’t make it up. I promise. :)

  32. You living creatures seriously misunderstand us. Just like my brother Notch, you all just want to rid us of our homes. What harm had I caused Steve, that Notch banished me from Minecraft? You living creatures are worse than the Ender Dragon.

  33. Really!! I thought it was great….until the ending. And you said that she doesn’t let the cat in and then suddenly.. she lets the freaking cat in. Really???

  34. I believe every bit of this because is have the sixth sense too, my parents don’t know about it but when I say something’s going to happen that believe me and we all usually stay out of harms way, BTW anyone who thinks the sixth sense is bullshit is wrong

  35. Ya, considering similar stuff has been happening to me since 6 y/o, and I’ve had horrible, terrifying dreams for the past 24 years, this story has me hooked. I believe you have definitely gone through some horrible stuff in your day

  36. The ending was no good. Soooo cliche. The story was good, could have been written a little better. Im a sucker for a good old demon story!

    1. RedBloodRedNeck

      unfortunately, i read the entire thing and saw your comment after. Eh,lesson learned. Comments first, story after.

  37. I refuse to finish the story,due to insufficient writing nothing about the first 100words incised me.and that is the most important ,the first hundred words.a story must come from the soul. And that did not. Call me what you will. I could give two fucks less,honestly. Excuse my professionalism. But I only use the word to emphasize and stress the context of the sentence. With all hope that we learn to write a little fucking better. p.F Silen

    1. Jennifer J. Beauregard

      Please, I mean no disrespect at all when I say this. But please, is the vulgar language necessary when writing a comment? I understand everyone has an opinion, and you apparently did not fully enjoy the story. However, cursing is not very professional at all, and makes you appear to others as immature. Again I do not mean to be rude. As a writer I personally do not enjoy receiving vulgar comments, and I doubt anyone else enjoys them either, especially the author of this piece. Emphasizing your words is understandable (and quite hard to do in text) so I can understand why you use the curses. It simply isn’t completely necessary. Forgive me- I had only thought to put this out there. I hope you do not take this personally, as I meant no disrespect to you as an individual.

  38. Great story took me outta reality for awhile but I was kinda expecting that final sentence all and all good job

  39. Question.
    At the beginning she said she never let the cats in due to breakables in her room hence the reason for ignoring it. So why would she have even thought to let the cat in in the end?

  40. Very good I liked the way you knew alot of the different psychic abilities and the fact that certain things help get rid of evil spirits and that you knew the difference between spirits and ghosts which are worse although cats are a natural deturent to spirits so that wouldve stop some spirits good job overall except for a few spelling errors and grammatical errors I’ll give it 9/10

  41. Hard to read with many grammatical errors. Classic story told many times. The ending is lacking. But definitely a step in the right direction. Keep at it!

  42. this pasta was great i really enjoyed reading it. i jut wonder, was it based on a true story or was it just pure fiction?

  43. Grizzly Pistolero

    I really enjoyed the psychic aspect.
    It seems like you typed it out kind of quickly cuz there was more than a few typos.
    Other than that,
    Very interesting!

  44. Cool. Original enough by the details and descriptions and was pretty interesting. Although you’d probably think to not let the supposed “cat” in after that. But still really good

  45. Cliche ending and some grammatical errors. You have a good writing technique, but develop it more and fix your errors. Maybe mix it up. Instead of sage and all that regular stuff use different material.

    1. you got that right.. I was looking around the damn room while reading this to make sure it wasn’t behind me haha

    1. Yes I agree that the ending could have been a little better. I think I could believe this story. You also had many grammar errors, but you were probably in a hurry since you are still terrified of it. Overall, this pasta was delicious and I think you should write more.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top