Advertisement
Please wait...

The Womb



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

The gloomy interior of an abandoned factory. The air is dank and fetid. Somewhere in this crumbling, dark space the sound of machinery can be heard. The creak of metal grinding on metal, the hissing of steam and the low groan of rolling gears. In the centre of this vast, derelict mausoleum to industry a sickly amber glow emanates from a large and rusty, bulbous vat. A tangle of pipes and wires snake around the mysterious container. A porthole of murky glass reveals what is within. Floating in viscous fluid the colour of jaundiced eyes, a mass of flesh twitches and pulsates. Sprouting from the malformed thing are several indistinct limbs and fungus-like growths. Numerous eyes cover it’s over-sized head like jeweled cysts, all of which are darting madly about, surveying it’s life supporting prison chamber. A single coiled umbilical tube protruding from it’s distended stomach worms it’s way up and into the upper level of the machine.

I look at my creation before me with a mixture of pride and revulsion. For a long time now this abomination existed only in the shadows of my darkest dreams and now here it is! My invention, my life’s work, my child. The sound of soft whimpering brings me round from my reverie. A tired sobbing voice from above speaks,

“Is it ready, will he be coming soon my dear?”

Advertisements

“Oh yes. Very soon now.” I reply.

Advertisements

Fused to the top of this diabolical device is my dearest wife. We both wanted this, she needed extra help for her old body could not bear forth the child we wanted so badly. So, after many years of toil and near madness I made her a new “womb”. Her lower body has been removed, the upper torso melded together with the mechanical gestation pod. She seems so very tired and has become terribly frail and skeletal. Her skin so pale and transluscent like muslin, her hair wispy and cobweb-like. Her once blue, lively eyes are now grey, hollow pools of misted glass. She is a ghost, her former self was fed into the pipes and feeding tubules that give life to our unborn child. Soon he will be freed from his liquid cocoon. I peer into the pod and he sees me, he knows me. I may of imagined it, but I swear I saw him mouth the words,

“Father”.

Advertisements

Credit To: M. Green

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

27 thoughts on “The Womb”

  1. awkward when your reading this and it makes no sense due to being dislexic and it uses far to many big words :/ :/

  2. I really love this a lot. It seems like something fresh out of a Junji Ito manga. Great descriptive language; keep up the good work.

  3. I love a good “Industrial Terror” story! However, the visualization I get is of a woman who had her legs and lower torso cut off, and tubes coming out of her lower body leading into a vat. Is this correct?

  4. This story had so much potential. For the most part, this is a first draft; it’s word vomit. I gave this a 1 because of the horrendous grammar, the improper use of adjectives and the improper use of commas.

  5. Terrible grammar, okay story. Learn to determine between “its” and “it’s”. And it should have been “may have” instead of “may of”.

  6. Awesome idea with plenty of potential, but when you incorrectly used it’s (instead of its) 4 times in 2 sentences, it was hard for me to take the rest serious. Keep trying!

  7. I gave it a ten because it creeped the fucking he’ll out of me.. Good adjectives; an altogether great vocabulary without sounding drull and pretentious.

    1. Uh… I don’t quite know what ‘drull’ is, unless you go by urban dictionary. And if you mean ‘droll’, you need to expand your vocabulary and be less pedantic.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top