Advertisement
Please wait...

The Warning



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

Endless.

Dark.

That was the road in front of me, stretching out farther than the eye could see in this inky blackness. Not a star in the sky tonight, and the moon seemed to be hiding from view as well. That was okay because I actually preferred the dark stretch- I found it calming to drive the narrow strip alone in the night.

It wasn’t often I had the opportunity to drive it and visit my parents is the country, and I was excited to see them. It had been a long time…too long. Being an only child, my parents had been devastated when I informed them I was moving to the city. With that being said, they of course supported me and invited me to visit often, which is how I found myself driving out after work. It was a long weekend, so I could stay Friday and Saturday and head back to the city on Sunday to have some me time.

The road had been fun when I was a child- the hills and bumps always had me lifted off my seat, giggling and shouting “wheee!” Every time we hit a large hill, my stomach would drop. I smiled at the memory, speeding up a little, intending to replicate the experience. The radio blasted a pop song, up way too loud to be good for anyone’s ears, but let’s be honest- it wasn’t like the music was that good anyway.

I checked the speedometer. I pressed a little harder on the gas, confident that I could maneuver this particular road with little danger. My car loyally leapt over the hills, bouncing me off my seat time after time. I laughed as my stomach flipped and flipped. I saw a curve up ahead and I started to gently hit my brakes. Just as I was going through the curve, a flash of blue up ahead caught my eye.

“Stop!” Someone screamed. My reaction to seeing a person standing in the middle of the road was to stop immediately to avoid hitting them. When I saw it was a young girl, I felt a wave of guilt crash over me. I almost hit that girl! I admonished myself. Her dress was a pale blue, torn at the hem and at the shoulder. The tear in the shoulder neatly matched the scratch on her arm, so I guessed she must have been running and caught a branch. Her hair was wet, matted down on one side, and she looked panicked. I felt sorry for her, but I was also scared. Did I help this girl? What was she doing in the middle of the road at this time of night? She stared at the car for a second, and then began screaming again.

“Help me! You have to help me! He’s going to kill me!” she cried, running toward the car. I had the doors locked, but her sudden movement had me reaching for the lock button. I glanced around but I didn’t see anyone else. Suddenly, I saw a man break through the bushes on the left. He was tall, with dark hair and a thick beard. Most importantly though, he was covered in blood and holding a knife. He seemed to look around for a minute, taking in the car’s bright lights, and then noticed the girl. He started in the direction of the car, obviously going after the young girl who was frantically pulling at the door handle.

“Please!” she cried, tears pouring down her face. More afraid of the bloody bearded man than the child, I pressed the unlock button hurriedly.

Advertisements

“Get in! Get in!!” I practically screamed, my heart racing. The man was so close to the car now, any second he was going to reach it and kill us both. The girl slammed the door shut and locked it just as the man reached the front of the car.

Advertisements

“Get out of the car!” he screamed, banging his fists against the hood. The girl cowered in the seat, taking in the environment of the car and stealing a glance at me. She didn’t respond to him.

“Get out of the car right now! It’s for your own good.” He said emphatically, banging his fists on the hood again, knife gleaming in the headlights and the glare momentarily blinding me. Suddenly, he began to move from the front of the car to the driver’s side window.

“Please get out of the car.” He pleaded, his voice a little different this time, almost begging for her to get out of the car. I looked at him and noticed for the first time that he was looking at me.

“Please get out. You’ve made a mistake. You don’t know what-“

Advertisements

I felt something hard and cold slide through my lower ribs. I cried out in pain and looked at the girl incredulously. With a malicious smile, she slowly began to twist the knife.

Me.

He had been warning me.

Credit To – K.R. Shann
Credit Link – K.R. Shann on Facebook

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

24 thoughts on “The Warning”

  1. It was predictable, but fun nonetheless. The thing i really didnt like was that it was too short and left me with a lot of questions. Why did both the guy and the girl have knives? Isnt one of them supposed to be the victim? In the end we assumed it was the guy but why did he have a knife? Why did the girl kill him right away? She should have waited until they got away from the other dude and then stab the guy when they were by themselves, cuz otherwise it would just be annoying to escape from the guy outside the car. What happened after? Why werethey in the woods at night? And i have a lot more, those are just the few, but good story 7/10

  2. Yeah, it was pretty predictable, and it felt like it could have been longer but it was well written. More important than anything it kept me in it, I wasn’t taken out of the experience until the semi-abrupt end. 6.5/10

  3. I liked this pasta, but I sorta knew the girl would kill him or something. Still, it was well written and a good read. :)

  4. darthchiefmastervader

    this was well done, a little predictable, but other wise really good. keep at it! maybe for your next pasta do something like, fairy tales, or nursery rhymes, or possibly stuff like Santa. and instead of someone dying make it sort of like a cycle thing. good work on this pasta anyway . . . good luck

  5. Nicola Marie Jackson

    Cheers Hon! I had messaged asking for your pasta but then I clicked that it was yours…… feeling daft :-) :-)

  6. The urban legend tropes are getting dusted off a lot lately. The pacing here is really good, but the ending is telegraphed as soon as the action gets going. Strangely, it might have benefited from being a little longer and giving us more incentive to fall for the red herring.

  7. Immortal Dragoneye

    I enjoyed this pasta. Though there might have been a typo or two, and the end was a little predicted, the story and idea overall was amazing. I love the first person point of view used in creepypastas such as this one, but the only problem with that is that the main character died, therefore leaving me with the question; how were they able to tell the story if they were stabbed? Unless they survived, of course.

  8. Nicola Marie Jackson

    Predictable BUT your writing style is fantastic and it feels like your telling the story verbally. Really enjoyed it Hon, I’m trying to write a pasta but the bar is way to high (good if your a reader, bad if you want to end up on this site and with more stars than £10 a night hotel. Bugger) Anyhoo, well done xx

  9. A few typos, but nothing so bad it halted my enjoyment of the piece. While it was a little bit predictable, it was a fun short read. I give it a 10… Considering some of the poo that has made it through to the site recently, this was gold.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top