Advertisement
Please wait...

The Teacher



Estimated reading time — 5 minutes

Hello.

I have just escaped death, and from what I can tell I am one of three to do so at this point in time. I have had to re-live one year of my life in order to do so, thanks to The Teacher. You see, I was dying. I had a tumour in my brain, and had been living in a hospital for the last three weeks. Doctors had discovered that it had gotten too large to surgically remove without killing me or having severe brain damage, so I accepted dying without operation.

As I was lying there, I thought about how I was going to die, so I tried to make the best of the situation. I asked for a phone and tried to call my brother and parents over. I was going to make a will, even though I didn’t have much. They nurse said that she got a busy signal for both my parents number and my brother. Not thinking of who else I could call, I just lied there, thinking of my fate. Would I go to Hell or Heaven? Would I be re-encarnated? Would I just die? I couldn’t think of much else, so then I just was quiet, and went to sleep.

I woke up to find out that today was the estimated day I would die, so they asked if they should call my family again. I said yes, and so they did. When they nurse left, I suddenly got a flaming pain in my head, and I started to yell out in pain. As I was about to blackout, everything stopped. Even time. And then she showed up.

A woman that I had never met prior to this day was standing in front of me. I hadn’t seen her come in, nor did I hear her. She introduced herself as The Teacher, and asked me to follow her. I didn’t notice I wasn’t in the hospital before she asked. I also noticed I no longer had the pain in my head I had before. I immediately asked why, and she just stayed silent. She was pretty. She looked young, maybe in her early thirties, but she made me feel strange, like she was going to try to seduce me and kill me, like in one of the secret agent movies.

As we approached our destination, she slowly began to hunch over, and become more like a corpse, or even some form of gargoyle. She turned to me, and told me she was going to save my life, so long as I make my current one better. I agreed, not knowing that I was making a deal that I would regret.

I suddenly woke up in my house, exactly one year ago from today. I of course thought that I had sone sort of nightmare, that I had never had tumours, that I had never died. Then I saw her standing next to me.

She looked grotesque now, but still had some of the features of the lady she used to be. She looked like her face was smashed in, she was pale, she had multiple gunshots wounds, she was missing part of her right arm, she had tire tracks on her, she had a slit throat, but the part that made me feel scared was that she had a large bumb in her skull, meaning that she had my tumours.

“Thank you”, I said, “Did you really just heal me of my tumours?”

Advertisements

“Yes. In order to live, all you must do is make your life better. If you can do that, you may live.”, she responded in a raspy, gurgly version of her original voice.

I got out of bed and began my morning routine, and started my first day… by almost getting hit in the face by a baseball. I yelled at the kid who threw that, and scared him off. Then a pigeon crapped on me. The entire first day was filled with bad things happening to me and getting upset about them. How was I supposed to make my life better if everything makes it worse?

Advertisements

After about three weeks, I was mugged. I had about $300 in my wallet, not to mention credit cards and my ID card. I was shot in the foot during the process as well. I then saw her again. She had been showing up recently, and I don’t know why. I assumed that meant I was doing the right thing, but I couldn’t do anything after being mugged. So I just ignored her presence and left.

At the turn of the New Year, I was at a party with friends, friends that weren’t all the fond of being sober. We got drunk together and I passed out. When I came to, she was there, standing over me like a vulture, trying to find the best part to eat first. I asked why she was here, and she responded with, “Shape up, or I will kill you.” She didn’t come back for the next three months.

I tried to make my life better, but bad things just kept happening. My pet fish died, the power went out for over a week so I couldn’t get any work done, (nor could I watch my favorite TV shows for that matter) and I was mugged at least three more times. I don’t know why people think I’m such a good target for mugging. She showed up at my house after I got back from work, and she was on my bed. She looked angry, and she was holding a whip. I asked her to get off my bed so I could sleep. She got up and left, but not before lashing out with her whip on my back. I was knocked to the ground, and was in immense pain. She wasn’t seen again until August.

At that time, I was once again diagnosed with tumours in my brain. I asked if they could do surgery immediately, and they said that I didn’t have enough money. I then saw her standing behind the doctor, smiling deviously. When the doctor left, she said, “You didn’t make your life better. You have a month to prove to me you’re worth sparing.” Then she disappeared.

I was in shock. I was really going to die. I realized that my life was filled with hatred, laziness, greed and depression. I needed to fix my life before I ended it, so I immediately ran out of the doctor’s office to try to do things to redeem myself. I donated money to charity, I worked at a homeless shelter, I tried to get more work done at the office, and I swore off drinking for the month. However, when the tumours got too big, I wound up in the same situation as before. Lying in a hospital bed, one day left to live.

Advertisements

I once again felt the flaming pain in my head, and started to blackout once more, when she showed up once more. She asked if I felt like I had redeemed myself. I thought about it. I explained how I had volunteered at a homeless shelter, I got a promotion at work, and that I haven’t drank since she spoke to me. She asked again if she thought I had redeemed myself. I realized that I hadn’t. I had drank my last year to live away, yelled at people who were rude to me, and never really worked hard at anything.

“No.”, I said.

“That’s enough then.”, she responded. She left and I then blacked out. I woke up to find out that they had indeed found a way to remove my tumours, and that I would live to a ripe old age. I agreed to the surgery, and was healed enough to leave to hospital two days later. As I was about to leave, I asked if I could call my family. The nurse looked sad suddenly. The nurse said, “Didn’t you know? Your parents and brother died in a car crash trying to visit you. It was all over the news.”

She spared my life but killed the people I loved. As you read this, I may already be dead of depression fueled suicide. But who knows? Maybe my family could be shocked back to life, or something. I don’t know. I just hope The Teacher will save them too.

Credit To: Leo Holt, personal experience

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

27 thoughts on “The Teacher”

  1. Nicola Marie Jackson

    This had so much potential but was ruined by lots of little things, first if your ill and don’t have long to live, they won’t give to an estimated day to die. You wouldn’t walk out a hospital two days after brain surgery and the nurse wouldn’t say “Havnt you watched the news, your family’s dead!” They deal with death as lot but still, no one is that callous! There was too much gore too, a shame because they could be so much better 6/10 xxx

  2. I kind of liked it but the ending was just like woah, wth. But I really enjoyed the whole other part of it if that helps??

  3. Ehhh…this story was bland. Don’t really know what else to say. It wasn’t scary, it was sorta depressing, and the main character was flat.

  4. That was very good. It was an extremely interesting story concept. And though it was confusing to me at some points it was still very good. This is one of the few well written horror stories that has a moral. I think I may just send this to my obnoxious neighbor, a 3rd grade girl. Mwahahaha

  5. It was a great concept for a story that probably isn’t completely original but definitely not overdone. I totally understand the Teacher woman was taking people’s fatal wounds/ailments into herself in order to heal the person she was “teaching”, but I would have loved more attention and focus on her and an expansion of the dynamics on the relationship between the two.

    Plus two, for a man who was just transported through time and given a second chance (especially with the specific instruction that this was only temporary if he didn’t shape up) he sure shrugged it off pretty quickly the first time around.

    Overall for me, fun read, enjoyable. Not entirely scary or creepy (although it could have been) but a refreshing dip into the supernatural.

  6. THEN WHO WAS BUSY PHONE?

    I agree that the Teacher is probably more into life lessons than trading a life for a life. I mean, the beginning of the story had explained that the phones of his loved ones were busy, which leads me to believe that they had already died.

  7. Leo Holt is an anagram for Othello, which means the person who wrote this either loves Shakespeare’s play Othello, likes the board game Othello, or lives in Washington, where there is a city named Othello.

  8. Very creative story! :) and only a few typos. And i love the name! She’s called the Teacher because she teaches you how to discipline your life and think about your choices, right? That’s so cool! And I love how the narrator as the narrator goes through his second chance at life not really caring about anything other than himself, but then when the teacher comes back for the 3rd time, he finally sees his flaw, and so he fixes it. Only he doesn’t realize that the price of his fix is his family. Such a tragic ending! My only complaint is that it wasn’t really creepy to me. But job well done!

  9. Definitely was an interesting story. Although, whether this story is true or not, I think the teacher didn’t so much kill the family members as it was a freak accident. It seems like the teacher is more into teaching life lessons, hence the name, rather than trading a life for a life so to speak.

    1. There were tire marks on “The Teacher” ‘s body when he was first brought back a year. Did ANYONE ELSE take this into consideration?

  10. This was pretty good, but the ending didn’t seem to work for me. I just don’t understand why the teacher would feel the need to kill his family instead of him. To make him live with the fact that they’re dead because he couldn’t improve his life? It just didn’t feel satisfying at the end for me, but the rest of it was pretty darn good.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top