Advertisement
Please wait...

The Rake



Estimated reading time — 9 minutes

As the sun begins to set and the trees huddle together in small dark groups as if shielding themselves against the coming of night, you step quietly and quickly through the carpet of fallen leaves and stray twigs, recognising and noting as you do every rustle, every snap of a branch created by your own footfalls. You note them so that you can distinguish them from the other sounds, the soft rustlings of leaves, the crack of bracken somewhere behind you. You increase your speed knowing that night is not the only thing drawing closer. The sound increases as your pace and heartbeats quicken, you turn and in the fading light catch a single glimpse of the hunched, crawling thing that is pursuing you. Creeping forward like an animal and yet looking so horribly human. You only caught a single glimpse, but then you start to run. One glimpse, is enough. 

Overview 

Mostly associated with the image of a bald, pale skinned creature hunched at an angle with bright orb like eyes staring into the camera, the rake has become a staple creepypasta monster, adopted by many authors as shorthand for a creature resembling the one depicted in the photo and placed in various settings. 

Advertisements

During the summer of 2003, events in the northeastern United States involving a strange, humanlike creature sparked brief local media interest before an apparent blackout was enacted. Little or no information was left intact, as most online and written accounts of the creature were mysteriously destroyed.

Primarily focused in rural New York state, self-proclaimed witnesses told stories of their encounters with a creature of unknown origin. Emotions ranged from extremely traumatic levels of fright and discomfort to an almost childlike sense of playfulness and curiosity. While their published versions are no longer on record, the memories remained powerful. Several of the involved parties began looking for answers that year.

In early 2006, the collaboration had accumulated nearly two dozen documents dating between the 12th century and present day, spanning 4 continents. In almost all cases, the stories were identical. I’ve been in contact with a member of this group and was able to get some excerpts from their upcoming book.

The Rake Creepypasta

A Suicide Note: 1964

As I prepare to take my life, I feel it necessary to assuage any guilt or pain I have introduced through this act. It is not the fault of anyone other than him. For once I awoke and felt his presence. And once I awoke and saw his form. Once again I awoke and heard his voice, and looked into his eyes. I cannot sleep without fear of what I might next awake to experience. I cannot ever wake. Goodbye.

Found in the same wooden box were two empty envelopes addressed to William and Rose, and one loose personal letter with no envelope.

‘Dearest Linnie,
I have prayed for you. He spoke your name.’

Advertisements

A Journal Entry (translated from Spanish): 1880

I have experienced the greatest terror. I have experienced the greatest terror. I have experienced the greatest terror. I see his eyes when I close mine. They are hollow. Black. They saw me and pierced me. His wet hand. I will not sleep. His voice [unintelligible text].

A Mariner’s Log: 1691

He came to me in my sleep. From the foot of my bed, I felt a sensation. He took everything. We must return to England. We shall not return here again at the request of the Rake.

the rake

From a Witness: 2006

Three years ago, I had just returned from a trip from Niagara Falls with my family for the 4th of July. We were all very exhausted after a long day of driving, so my husband and I put the kids right to bed and called it a night.

At about 4 am, I woke up thinking my husband had gotten up to use the restroom. I used the moment to steal back the sheets, only to wake him in the process. I apologized and told him I thought he got out of bed. When he turned to face me, he gasped and pulled his feet up from the end of the bed so quickly his knee almost knocked me out of the bed. He then grabbed me and said nothing.

After adjusting to the dark for a half second, I was able to see what caused the strange reaction. At the foot of the bed, sitting and facing away from us, there was what appeared to be a naked man or a large hairless dog of some sort. Its body position was disturbing and unnatural, as if it had been hit by a car or something. For some reason, I was not instantly frightened by it, but more concerned as to its condition. At this point, I was somewhat under the assumption that we were supposed to help him.

My husband was peering over his arm and knee, tucked into the fetal position, occasionally glancing at me before returning to the creature.

In a flurry of motion, the creature scrambled around the side of the bed and then crawled quickly in a flailing sort of motion right along the bed until it was less than a foot from my husband’s face. The creature was completely silent for about 30 seconds (or probably closer to 5, it just seemed like a while) just looking at my husband. The creature then placed its hand on his knee and ran into the hallway, leading to the kids’ rooms.

I screamed and ran for the light switch, planning to stop him before he hurt my children. When I got to the hallway, the light from the bedroom was enough to see it crouching and hunched over about 20 feet away. He turned around and looked directly at me, covered in blood. I flipped the switch on the wall and saw my daughter Clara.

The creature ran down the stairs while my husband and I rushed to help our daughter. She was very badly injured and spoke only once more in her short life. She said, “He is the Rake.”

My husband drove his car into a lake that night while rushing our daughter to the hospital. He did not survive.

Being a small town, news got around pretty quickly. The police were helpful at first, and the local newspaper took a lot of interest as well. However, the story was never published and the local television news never followed up either.

For several months, my son Justin and I stayed in a hotel near my parent’s house. After we decided to return home, I began looking for answers myself. I eventually located a man in the next town over who had a similar story. We got in contact and began talking about our experiences. He knew of two other people in New York who had seen the creature we now referred to as the Rake.

It took the four of us about two solid years of hunting on the internet and writing letters to come up with a small collection of what we believe to be accounts of the Rake. None of them gave any details, history or follow up. One journal had an entry involving the creature in its first 3 pages, and never mentioned it again. A ship’s log explained nothing of the encounter, saying only that they were told to leave by the Rake. That was the last entry in the log.

There were, however, many instances where the creature’s visit was one of a series of visits with the same person. Multiple people also mentioned being spoken to, my daughter included. This led us to wonder if the Rake had visited any of us before our last encounter.

Advertisements

I set up a digital recorder near my bed and left it running all night, every night, for two weeks. I would tediously scan through the sounds of me rolling around in my bed each day when I woke up. By the end of the second week, I was quite used to the occasional sound of sleep while blurring through the recording at 8 times the normal speed. (This still took almost an hour every day)

On the first day of the third week, I thought I heard something different. What I found was a shrill voice. It was the Rake. I can’t listen to it long enough to even begin to transcribe it. I haven’t let anyone listen to it yet. All I know is that I’ve heard it before, and I now believe that it spoke when it was sitting in front of my husband. I don’t remember hearing anything at the time, but for some reason, the voice on the recorder immediately brings me back to that moment.

The thoughts that must have gone through my daughter’s head make me very upset.

I have not seen the Rake since he ruined my life, but I know that he has been in my room while I slept. I know and fear that one night I’ll wake up to see him staring at me.


Credit: Bryan Somerville

More classic Creepypasta stories can be found here:
Bedtime
Psychosis
Rugrats Theory

Appearance 

The Rake is the name given to a strange pale skinned creature that stalks its victims on all fours and has the appearance that somewhat resembles a ‘mutated dog’. The fanged and taloned creature is commonly said to live in woods or forested areas. 

However, the spread of the character and the resulting lack of common ‘rules’ around its habitat or behaviours means that it now has a far wider presence moving away from the woods and forests to be found in more urban areas and even repeating the common creepy pasta trope of appearing at the end of people’s bed or in their rooms at night. 

The common consensus on the creature’s appearance shows it to have large bulbous eyes, that are reflective when caught in the light of a camera, a drooping jaw with a large, fang filled mouth and often either a nose that is missing entirely or which is simply an open socket, similar to that of a skull. The creature is usually shown naked and crawling toward the viewer on all fours, suggesting that though it is bipedal it prefers to stalk victims in a manner similar to a four legged animal. 

The matter of the  Rake’s appearance is an interesting one that is linked directly to the myth’s origins and development and to an image that had even the mainstream media duped. 

Origins and Images 

In an origin story similar to that of the Slender Man, the mythic creature known as ‘The Rake’ originally evolved out of a 2005 thread on 4 chan where an anonymous poster on the /b/ board suggested that contributors try to collaboratively come up with ideas for a new monster. After some initial back and forth discussion one particular idea was chosen as the most promising candidate and began to be formed, added to and manipulated by several users. 

The descriptions of this creature which went through numerous adumbrations before finally settling, shared some characteristics with the commonly accepted ‘rake’ image that is widespread today, however there were also some glaring differences. For example, the original suggestions called for three eyes, whilst the mp0st common vision of ‘the Rake’ only has two and for the creature to lack other facial features, having for example a missing nose or mouth. 

Advertisements

The first story to feature ‘The Rake’ appeared on Brain Somerville’s personal blog on July 20th 2006. Somerville, who was a regular user of the SomethingAwful site, provided a back story for ‘The Rake’ and with is story cemented some of the more commonly accepted features of the creature’s appearance. The story indicates that sightings of rake like creatures date back as far as the 12th century, that the first records of the creature are from the 17th century and that the creature can be linked to unexplained phenomena and sightings of cryptid like beings in the North Eastern United States. 

By late 2008 Rake stories appeared on Livejournal. The story and variants featuring ‘the Rake’ appeared on SomethingAwful and 4chan by the following year and first appeared on the Paranormal subreddit in 2010. It later found its way onto Creepypasta forums and began to increase in popularity. 

A common misconception is that the appearance of The Rake is based off of the widely shared image of a creature with glowing eyes staring into the camera of a deer hunter that is sometimes referred to as the ‘Berwick Monster’. 

 This image, which is now the one most closely associated with The Rake mythology and the common starting point from which most Rake fan art and variants are derived, was actually taken seriously by mainstream media outlets when it first appeared.

 The still image, alleged to have been extracted from the memory card of a now broken night vision camera, was posted to the  Wildgame Innovations site by someone claiming to have actually encountered the creature. The image and story of the strange encounter was then picked up by media outlets as widespread as Britain’s The Daily Mail and NBC which featured the image and a brief report on the alleged sighting on its morning show. 

However, rather than this image influencing the initial ideas of The Rake’s appearance,  the timeline seems to indicate that the rake stories were retrospectively linked to this image, since discussions about the creature’s appearance, Somerville’s original story and the first postings to major creepypasta and paranormal sites pre-date the image’s creation and appearance in news media. The association of the image with the character can most likely be attributed to the face that the image itself appeared in the same month as a single topic blog tumblr account hoping to gather together all of the fan art, copypasta and sighting reports into one place, with fans of the rake story or those encountering it for the first time conflating the image with the story in an association that would continue to the present. 

Incidentally, despite some sites claiming that the Berwick Monster photograph has never been authenticated or debunked, the image, (which went viral and was spread on various platforms with posters alleging it to be real)  was in fact meant to be a depiction of a ‘grim’ from the game Resistance 3, it was released by the company responsible for the game and as such has been revealed to be a hoax. 

Other influences

Whilst The Rake clearly developed from a collaborative effort online, upon examining the creature’s most generally accepted image, there are a number of precursory influences to consider. 

The creature’s pale skin, lack of a nose and gaping mouth are reminiscent of the Flukeman monster central to the  Season 2 X files episode ‘The Host’ in which a whiteskinned creature with yellowish eyes, a gaping mouth and bald head is featured. 

Visions of the creature that are heavily influenced by the ‘Berwick Monster’ image are also commonly linked the the 2006 ‘Fallen Angel of Catalonia’ footage, which, though also revealed to be a hoax, bears some striking resemblances to the later ‘Berwick Monster’ photograph, leading some to believe it may have been a direct influence upon the ‘developers of Resistance  3 ‘grim’ image. 

Later fan art depictions of the rake have altered the character’s appearance somewhat,  exaggerating certain features and placing greater emphasis on the creature’s fangs, bald head and elongated fingers into an image strikingly similar to the character ‘Lizzie’ created by special effects artist Tom Savini for the Tales from The Darkside episode ‘In the Closet’. 

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

1,080 thoughts on “The Rake”

  1. Omg, the rake is the best creepy pasta I have ever read. The creepy, and the starring of its face is super duper creepy gives it. and 10!!!

  2. There is a man who cant see at all is blind and can tell you the shape and color of objects in a pitch black room with a bandana around his head. He can also tell u what’s on a screen. Real shit look it up he’s on Stan lees super humans series

  3. I’ve seen the rake before! I had a long, thin body, sharp claws at the bottom of it, and it was next to a pile of leaves during Autumn! (sorry, I had to do it)

  4. O_O That.Was.Scary… Yet awesome! :D
    I feel bad for the narrator and her family. And for those that had their lives ruined thanks to the Rake. :'(
    Shiro (my best friend since we were little):THAT BIG MEANIE! >:(
    Me: >:(

  5. I agree with you although it is fun to speculate and pretend they’re real, and I find it’s no use arguing over something as trivial as this. In my opinion that as long as everyone is being safe it’s perfectly fine to question these things. I personally think that slenderman wouldn’t delete this because he is trying to send a message.( I’m not saying my opinion is right by any means. Prove me wrong if you wish)

  6. Allyson Hamby Hirschmann

    I was under the impression that this story had quite a bit more to it? Am I missing something? (However, I made sure to read it during a very sunny afternoon!)

  7. Some interesting ideas with the historical exceprts for plot development, but not one of the best for me. I can’t put my finger on why, but it doesnt flow as a story for me.

  8. Dark Dragon (Ghost)

    Um, I’m scared now. I had to look up The Rake after I told my friends about this dream I had and they said the monster thing I saw in my dream was The Rake. Now that I know what it is.. I’m really scared

  9. I feel like the rake can exist but i’d be surprised if such a popular and well-known and hostile creature wouldn’t be assaulted or targeted by any large company or group. I mean, the story is clearly saying that it’s caused lot of rucus, plus I mean… it’s entered so many houses. You’d think that someone would intercept with it or capture it.

  10. *shivers* so…the rake is like a human but bloody? I really don’t wanna looks up at picture, I kinda wanna sleep tonight.

  11. The girl that loves pastas

    This is an awesome creepypasta I really love it and I did get scared a little I was trying not to scream but after I read it I heard a knock at the door and it scared me half to hell

  12. please dont joke about this. it happened to me as a child, it lurched at the foot of my bed and stared me down with its hollow eyes. i thought it was fucking golem…. i wish.

  13. I’ve seen the rake before. No joke. My friend saw it too. I was 13, and I was at Kincumber mountain. In the field, my friend and I were about to go into the forrest, and I saw it. My friend saw it too. My councellor told me that my mind made me think it was there, but my friend saw it too. I’m not crazy!

  14. Last night I a night mare and the last time I had one was nine years ago, and the dream was about the rake and how I would die. This man told me how I would die and he said it would a gory death by the rake. Then I was running for my life in the woods then he caught me . That’s when I woke up then I looked to the right if my bed and there was a shadowy figure staging there staring at me then left. So I looked at my hips there was scratch marks on them.

  15. As a young boy I had seen glances of the rake in my childhood home at the time I did not know what it was thinking it was just a ghoul now I know different and am glad we moved

  16. Sadly disappointing, my friend made out like thus was supposed to be a big deal. It just sounds like a Wendigo, with less lore and culture. I’ll give them props for the historical accounts, that’s a bit of unusual effort.

  17. So much potential for a creature and story wasted. I can’t see how this is so highly viewed. Great concept for a creature and the buildup on the 2006 account was nice, but then it fell flat because the writer is quite novice to say the least. Also, one of the most infuriating things of all is the lack of proof reading and failure to correct the simplest of spelling and grammatical errors. If you are going to post a work of freaking art, you better dang well proofread it and take some pride in it. Posting a story for all to see is not the same as posting a tweet. This is a 5 and I’m being generous

  18. Killjoy27 did you know that it is what I will call a literary offense not to use capital letters at the beginning of your sentences? Please remember that users come to this site for a creepy experience. You probably need to loosen up. Or if you don’t like what’s on here then why not get out?

    To all those posting creepy threats – keep it coming! It’s hilarious. I’m going to continue reading them after this post.

    The Rake was a good read. My favorite so far

  19. Oh so they can be a creature witch looks at all night with a weird face if he dose exist he most likely be a transparent alien OOOOhhhhhhhh shit scary sweet dreams but it’s most likely not real ok. Fell better ha ha ha

  20. Sup,I investigated the forest, old houses, graves finding nothing, so it’s probably not true, but, no one knows, maybe it is, maybe it’s not, anyways, have a nice day.

  21. listen any1 can believe whatever they want I do believe in things like monsters or something similar but I mean don’t screw up there fun and what I mean by monsters is I believe there are other thing out the than humans

    -so please no more ruining eachothers fun

  22. Not a boring moron.

    KillJoy27:
    apparantly maturity isnt a quality handed down through generations. did you know that its a federal offence to type threats like that via internet? anonymous or not, its childish, even in a joking manner.

    You can’t borrow a name from a My Chemical Romance album if you’re going to behave like a boring moron.

  23. me and my brother will die in our lives we know because the tall man has visited us both. when we see him again we will never see the light again. u ppl have no idea the fear we have. u all r haveing un laughing at him and he doesnt like that. if u evr think u see him dont run because its already to late just close your eyes and keep telling yourself hes not there.

  24. the monster inside

    i am the evil side of all of you when you have a bad erge to be evil that me i am alwas waching you .kill kill burn burn die die destroy hahahahahah

  25. .hahahahahahah no no no no kill kill kill kill always waching
    Ingy:
    Aaah if only you knew my terribly twisted mind. For I know how to defend myself, I know how to kill, and how to make you wish I did kill you. With love, The Nightmare

  26. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  27. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  28. Seriously?
    He says he’s Eyeless Jack (a bold claim, to be sure), and somehow this starts a whole chain of arguments about how he could see this or not. Alright. Sure. Why not? Clearly, this is a true meeting of intellectuals.
    Also, for those of you who were offended by that, don’t be. I mean it very lightly, as a satirical comment on the repetitive nature of the comments. Anyway, carry on. Also:
    He comes.

  29. The rake has been discussed for centuries before creepypasta even existed. dozens of people report seeing him each year. but thanks to this website, people dismiss him as just a story. but he is not. ive seen him once, i awoke to his heavy breathing.i turned and looked at my bedroom window. he didn’t see me because i was in the top bunk of my bunk bed. but i saw hm. he was scratching on the screen of the window (i had it there because it was summer and it got stuffy in my room), and his large, white eyes were glowing, illuminating some of the room. he had a very pale face and long fingers, as well as fingernails. he then left, and i stayed in my bed the rest of the night. another time, i went camping with my family. right before we fell asleep, we all heard what appeared to be a mix between a shrill howl and a peircing scream. i then awoke to the sound of someone trying to get in my tent i stayed in my hammock, and when it stopped, i zipped open my tent window. i saw the horrible thing again! i did not know if it was following me or what it was doing there. i saw it moving on to the next tent, and the next and the next, scratching them with it’s long claws, trying to find an oppening.it was horrifying. it lookeed like a frail, naked, pale man. i could see it’s spine through it’s white skin. it was 8 feet tall, and it hunched over. it had bare feet and i could almost see blue veins through the creatures thin skin. it must have knew i was looking at it, beca it turned is head back to my tent, but i knew it did not see me. it started creeping towards the window, and i crawled under my hammock (not really a hammock, more like a strecher) i peeked up at it, looking through the window. it’s glowing pale eyes illuminating the tent. as soon as i heard it creep off into the forest, i got up and zipped the window close. i did not sleep the rest of the night, i kept having nightmares. i kept worrying if i would ever see it again, but i never did. say whatever you want to me i know what i heard, saw,and even felt. dont dismiss him as a s he isnt.

  30. See, I like this one better than Jeff the Killer. This one is original. Jeff the Killer is basically just young Mike Myers from Halloween.

  31. Crazy Drunken Protaganist

    Rake sits at the foot of the bed.
    “Alright, I get it. You’re pissed because I still owe you twenty bucks. You’ll get it tomorrow.”
    Raises claws. Pulls out gun.
    “GET THE F**K OUT NOW!!!”

  32. People who say the rake is not real, and that the rake would have simply killed the author… think a bit. Maybe the rake wanted to be known just enough for people to know that he wasn’t just a deformed person, or a messed up dog. So people who have encountered him would actually know what they saw.
    And I have seen it. Walking around at night, me and my friend did in fact catch a glimpse of him in the woods and we ran. He must not have been interested in us, we have yet to see him again, but I assure you. He is real.

  33. I see in the dark.but i have no eyes….i can smell you evenn if i have no nose…i can kill…even if i have no hands or weapons…what am i??

    A: I am your nightmare…your death………..I AM DEATH!

  34. i remember hearing about this story a couple years ago sitting around a bonfire with some buddies out in the woods and we decided it would be fun to look for the Rake and as we were walking through the woods i swear to GOD i saw it and i wasnt the only one who had seen the Rake but i remember being scared shitless then i looked at my friend and he said he saw it too and we ran back to his house without the rest of the group. they dont believe us that we had seen the Rake (and if it wasnt the rake, it was some creepy ass naked psychopath) but this is SUCH a good pasta, one of my favorites! Brings memories and good times back to me

  35. The thing that makes a The Rake scarier than something like Jeff is that it’s the fear and paranoia of being watched and manipulated and stalked that makes it scary. I’d rather just be killed than be tormented and terrorized relentlessly.

    Silence Will Fall

  36. If you go on YouTube theirs a couple of people were camping and saw a weird creature all white like the rake the video was all over THE NEWS

  37. Simple Ben reads story to E.J. Ben types out what E.J. says and posts it.
    Very simple really…
    And there are to many pasta’s on the internet!!! There are like 5,000 Jeff on wiki, yet alone the rest of the internet!!!

    daudgwgw*(!^@#&*(#)

    1. I just know a bit

      Slender man does not kill children he tries to remake his son, but he cant. He takes children to remember his son. He only kills adults and teens his son was 5 years old.

  38. does anybody know its weakness possibly how to kill it weather silver or gold rock salt holy water anything?

  39. Cydni Nicole Woods

    The story line was amazing the story wonderful detail i love the fact that the husband crashed the car into the lake later that night and how the daughter just stood there like she was lifeless he is the rake i always love getting a good scare before i go to bed excellent work bravo my friend bravo!

  40. Well, Im glad to hear about how concerned people are with how Eyeless Jack is typing. Maybe i will ask him to tell you guys tomorrow. I will be seeing you all very soon..

  41. ‘I have not seen the Rake since he ruined my life, but I know that he has been in my room while I slept. I know and fear that one night I’ll wake up to see him staring at me.’

    Yeah, um….. Just don’t wake up then. XD Go to sleep then. Or play a game…..or.. Okay, I seriously have nothing on this one.

    Wait, wait……..okay no, I’m out of jokes for this one. T_T

    Oh well, I’ll favourite anyway! X)

  42. Well I still t-t-t-think Jeff’s is b-b-b-better but hehehehheAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH…..what am I-I-I to know…

  43. Its really cute seeing these 12 year old girls fangirling over killer, if you really want a man like that go to a prison or a mental institution u little prickys … do u really think if you met a serial killer he would spare your petty life? Fall in love with you? :) thats real sweet

  44. Loved it! But seriously people, you don’t have to comment things like “we all on it’s not real” I mean you can decide that for you’re self you don’t have to judge what other people think!

  45. I hate people who act like they’re creepy pastas. IF THEY WERE REAL… Creepy pastas wouldn’t own computers, or people would’ve tracked them down by now

  46. Anonymous:
    i hate it when people try to be a pasta. its not scary its just annoying

    Yeah it’s not like they would be sitting at a computer, people would track them

  47. Hello i have had experiences with the thing such called as “The Rake” and some of my friends are telling me that they have experienced it and one time when i was at my friends house i was in his room with him, went to the bathroom, cam back and their he was with a knife jabbed in his stomach and his last words before he died in the hospital was “Be Careful Around The Rake”

  48. Nny92:

    Mary Hatchet:
    Amazing pasta. I loved how a just enough information was given to lure you in, but you’re never really satisfied as you continue reading. I.E. The Rake said something, but you’re never told what.

    Man I’m reading this in December 10 2013 this may go unnoticed but I spent 24 minutes reading these comments :)

  49. BeansExplodingAgainstThem

    Anonymous murderur:
    i did nawt lern 2 spel
    i wil kil yu in yor slep.wen yu slep toniyt or wenver,yu wil DI

    This….This is atrocious. I think your spelling has already killed several English and language arts teachers.

  50. I read these stories , that don’t creep me out at first, but when im layn bed in teh dark ready to sleep I get creepd the fuck out. xP

  51. The Rainbow Killer

    You may not know me yet but I have a colorful scarf a silver mask not like a clown but almost like a lifeless figure I will go into your dreams I will go into your house on june 17th my birthday during exactly 12 I will sit on your couch and wait for you. I might even sneek in your room and sit next to you. If you ever see me I will come after you the next year. Remember don’t go to sleep on june 17 or I will be watching O.O

    1. The Rainbow Killer

      And you silly fools I am a real person wanting to show the world I am here and you are next Laalala..lalala … lalalalaa…..

  52. All of you are stupid, why would any killer get on here and give away their identity? and why the hell would they give the time of day to talk to you? yea they are real but they are not on here talking to you! im sure slenderman is laughing his ass off at you right now becuase you think he’s on here! your all ignorant! (He’s Always Watching) (x)

  53. All of you are stupid, why would any killer get on here and give away their identity? and why the hell would they give the time of day to talk to you? yea they are real but they are not on here talking to you! im sure slenderman is laughing his ass off at you right now becuase you think he’s on here! your all ignorant! (He’s Always Watching) (x)

  54. 126378lhErObRinE99

    wtf niiice pasta pass the scary sause but guess what dislikers monsters of all kind get FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED BITCHES

  55. I LOVE JEFF THE KILLER

    Jeff can we go on a killing spree some time and then run away from my house and make me look like you and I can be your kid (I’m a girl BTW) and yea so when u did like the burning off your eyelids, did it hurt?

  56. But The Rake wouldn’t comment on his own story.. Would he?, but if he did then this must be a dream because he isn’t real. By the time you get this far into the comment you are sure you are dreaming and this could never happen in the real world.. But just then you feel something staring at you from behind and breath down your neck.

  57. ok this is cool but not as cool as the slender man story it was a sad and mostly a scary story i would die with my friend to get away from slender man

  58. The realisation that...

    U don’t know he doesn’t watch u sleep,
    U cant guaranty me that he isn’t real,
    U cant say that he isn’t just because U dont believe,
    Just because u have not heard of him doesn’t mean he is mot there,
    Just because somethings different doesn’t mean its made up,
    Just because u don’t understand it doesn’t mean it cant hurt u,
    Just because u haven’t discovered it doesn’t mean it hasn’t discovered u,
    Now just sit tight and think about that,
    Real hard,
    U will realise that u truly know nothing…

  59. I’m 12 years old, an i just wanna know, is this real? I have nightmares about the rake now! PLEASE SAY THIS ISNT REAL I AM SCARED OUT OF MY SKIN! D:

  60. The rake is really creepy…..but this pasta wasn’t really telling the true reason people fear the rake………its not that creepy……..the pasta is ok……it just doesn’t tell a story o the rake…..it’s just notes…

  61. The Truth Within

    I’m so sorry to say, I have heard him before and I live in a rather foggy forest I should say, I havent actually seen him but at night and early mornings I always her him

    1. He’s just as real as you and me, but with saying that the chances of him actually hunting you down and staking you are 1/1billion. So sleep easy and dont think of nightmares :)

  62. THE THING IN THE WINDOW

    you all think its fun pretending to be a creepypasta story…….. and now ive got all your IP addresses good luck trying to stop me but i will stare into your soul (exept for you slender man and the rake ill just fucking kill you) and rip it out with my OWN HANDS, and as i said before…………..GOOD LUCK ha ha hahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………I…………..AM…………………..GOD!………………………………….
    Read more at http://s22568.p321.sites.pressdns.com/the-rake/comment-page-19/#DsgHYRwrA07TSM27.99

  63. None Of Your Buisiness

    Everyone who’s replying to Eyeless Jack just so you know he can’t see your replies.

  64. IF ONLY YOU KNEW. AND TO THE ONES WHO CLAIM THAT THEY ARE THE BIG GUY, OR SNOOPY, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT LYING IS A FILTHY HABIT.

  65. jeff the killers girlfriend

    Ahhhh yes the rake,a classic….Very scary indeed … But i do not belive as scary as my jeff .

  66. read the story called “the scratching” its about the rake and makes it seem the rake has a past life as a killer and almost died and thats why he looks deformed.2 brothers live in the same room but then each get there own rooms but because of that they create a language of tapping and scratching to talk to eachother at night but one night one kid heres scratching and tapping but cant recognise the words and the sratching sound angry/vicious and the noise gets closer to door until the rake is in his room so the story goes on about the kids lives and there friends life and how the rake drives them crazy then killes them all

    1. THE BIG GUY ISN’T ONE FOR TALKING. IRONY WOULD ONLY TELL YOU THAT HE HAS WHAT YOU CALL “FACETIME”, WHATEVER THE FUCK THAT IS.

    1. The husband. I had to read that twice, too. But the husband drove into a lake when he was rushing his daughter (already dead) to the hospital. He died when he drove into that lake.

  67. I like how everyone keeps bitching at all these other people pretending to be Eyeless Jack and the Rake and Slendy… But for those of you that are like, “if you were really Eyeless Jack/Slendy, then how could you type/get on this site/can I be your Proxy?” -______- It’s ironic how people are asking questions that wouldn’t get answered ESPECIALLY if Eyeless Jack or Slendy were the one’s replying cause… THEY DON’T HAVE EYES! THEREFORE THEY CANNOT SEE YOUR COMMENT! THEREFORE THEY CANNOT REPLY! :O –Derps–

  68. greeting i am damora i have persest a kid name joel and i am typeing this throw him i wish to become one of these creepy
    pastas because i think joel will tell u what he wants to say about this and what i do

  69. the rake:
    do not think i am just a pasta

    Creepy pasta has ruined my patience someone in my school believes in everything here and won’t shut up about it it’s driving me insane.

  70. Creepypasta reader

    My phone kept randomly freezing while reading this and I live in rural New York, and my phone is still freezing up and acting odd.

  71. hey everyone, im 50% sure that i had a visit from the rake, this morning around 6am and 6:10 am, may 30th, 2013. i was laying down on my bed when all of the sudden i could not move a limb as i wanted to, and i felt something coming to my ear and make this screacking sound, like a voice trying to say something, as i felt it left i sprinted to my sister’s room to see how she was, thankfully nothing happened. ive been thinking about trying to kill it with my knife if it shows up again, does anyone know what i should do? thanks.

  72. Hey you guys can i go on the killing trip, cus i get loads of killing sprees,hanging them from their intestines and putting their heads on spikes, does that sound good anough for killing?

  73. he watches over you for a reason. to determine if you are friendly or hostile. if he considers you a friend, you can call a person you hat and say “i’ll send The Rake after you.” that person will then die within the next 20 seconds. my friend had an encounter with him. shot him with a BB gun point-blank range in the temple. The Rake considers him a fiend. The Rake killed a person for him just because of those 6 words.

  74. THE THING IN THE WINDOW

    you all think its fun pretending to be a creepypasta story…….. and now ive got all your IP addresses good luck trying to stop me but i will stare into your soul (exept for you slender man and the rake ill just fucking kill you) and rip it out with my OWN HANDS, and as i said before…………..GOOD LUCK ha ha hahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………I…………..AM…………………..GOD!………………………………….

  75. It would have been better if it had been rearranged. The attack should have come at the end while the story built up to it. We could have gotten a little more attached to the dead people and had an all around more awesome pasta.

  76. Louisianamonster

    Well I am from Louisiana tracking this strange monster and this is a similar account to what I have seen anyone who can help let me know

  77. hany the killer

    why dont we get together and kill rake i would love that
    ps i have blond hair red eyes and a broken heart carved in my back and my skin is black and leathery from burning myself multible time

  78. the last time i saw him was when i was aleep on my bed i was getting ready to sleep when i felt my bed sink in and i felt its presence and then it came to me it didnt hurt me or nothing all i know it is there waiting and looking at me while i am asleep or if im sleep walking :( i feel like its my fault to have known his presence and to what he has made of what being he is ?

  79. rather him take the life of my un dead body then let him take a child who is merely a baby or just a toddler let him take the un dead soul of me :)

  80. I’ve seen the rake before me and my friend we snuck out an went to a park and looked at the stars talking and such and then I started to look around this was maybe at about 2 in the morning and I thought I saw a guy pacing up at the top of the street corner so I told my friend and we moved closer to watch like the bored creeps we r haha and we noticed it was a man it was human it looked like a disturbing fucked up looking man dog thing with huge shoulders and we watched it for a while wondering wtf it was and then we saw its head move towards us so we ducked down but when we looked back up it was gone.. We ran home that ugly after sitting there for a while in shock of what we saw

  81. Last summer my friend and I were at a park drinking, it was just us two. We kept hearing this weird rustling weird noise I don’t know how to describe it. We thought it was just wind rustling through the trees. My friend saw it first it was this weird hunched grey thing up at the corner quite aways from us it was walking on all 4s and looked human. I didn’t really get a good look because it was too far away. The way its shoulder blades move reminded me of a tiger. but I was so terrified by the sight of it. It just walked away. Reading this makes me think it was the rake. My friend wouldn’t stop crying for hours after seeing it. Shes attempted suicide twice and is under suicide watch. This story has me beyond scared. Our location seems right too, Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I am absolutely freaked.

  82. After reading only “part” of it, I can’t bare to look behind me in this dark, chilling room of mine. I am afraid! It really gave me anxiety; in other words.. Great pasta! D;

  83. you cant see me i see you

    so what im the new guy a little girl made me up in her head so ya here i am, well fuck all and i see you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  84. Very funny.....

    Slender here, accompanied by Rake. We have had a couple drinks and after much debate, couldn’t refrain from replying.

    First off, neither of us appreciate you slendering our names. you make us sound like a couple of creepy monsters. sure, Rake is seen a lot without clothes, but thats just a small personal problem. Give us a bRAKE. For the most part, we try to live wholesome and responsible lives. We don’t need people like you making us look bad.

    Second, the daughter mentioned in the story above attacked Rake first. He was just defending himself. He tends to drink a little too much and sometimes tries to find my house while intoxicated. Needless to say, he doesn’t always end up at the right place….

    Lastly, all of the accusations towards me are, simply put, false. I do not abduct children. I just like to kick it with my peeps on the playground. Just because they go missing doesn’t mean i took them. Give a Slindda a break.

    Gotta go, Rake is getting undressed again…..nasty habit.
    Goodnight everybody, see you in your dreams ;)

  85. He-help m-m-me.. he is standing in the doorway.. he is walking towards me.. i think he is preparing to know me out on the keyboard.. he is right behind me.. he has grabbed my head.. he iio sz ugrizr.a, nsgzf

    Another soul, another day. I have marked the ip adresses of all these comments. I know which houses they are in. I am coming for you, imposters of my work-mates. I am coming for you.

    ~The Rake

  86. At beginning I tought this was another story off slender, but I was wrong it was about the rake (was reading on another website first) I loved it! I got a freze down my back good writen story and a good idea! ;)

    5/5

  87. Soooooooooo, The Rake. Its okay I still like killing ponies and baking special cupcakes better than reading this.

  88. Random Derpity Herp

    Funny thing is… I moved my bed between two walls to sleep after this… Cursed rural New York pastas.

  89. hey im watching you! WHILE YOU SLEEP!
    >:) expecaly you! Mrs.I KEEP A CAMERA NEXT TO MY BED!

    MHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

    Ps. Slendy is my best bud, and ill send him to do MY dirty work if im buisy … and he … is… GRUSOME!

  90. HA HA HA HA WHY DONT U JUST KILL OTHER PEOPLE JEFF THE KILLER WILL GET A SUPRISE WHEN I COME *eye twich* HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! I WILL KILL MY FAMILY! (ps ima f***ing girl)

  91. Most of this is true.Good job,writer…btw,ur next,Grace…me heh heh…U 2 all who’s comments read Anonymous.

  92. so you guys do know this is a real story right not like the fake ones on creepypasta this “rake” thing was on the news and caught on a hunting camera in Tennessee that later became a news story so yea this thing is real realer than ever

  93. we all like monsters including the undead ones

    Ive got an idea for Creepypasta to make, its called `The Freak`

    A monster that has 3 eyes, no nose, a very small mouth and when seen (like smile dog) will attack using a small piece of snake venom to make the victim scared and paraniod the creature then attacks using it’s teeth to rip of and skin the vicim alive then grows to a giant monster destroys any part of the victim it feels like destroying then shrinking back to normal size it rips off the victims muscle and eats the victim.

  94. I just LOVE (sarcasm) all these half brained retards out here who are putting there name like “Jeff the Killer”, “The Rake” and “Slender Man”. Face it, you are not the actual CreepyPasta. You are just a nobody sitting at your computer taking everyone out of the zone for reading scary stories. If you reply something stupid to this like “Slender-I will stalk you now” it is just proving you are a nobody and have nothing better to do then act like morons on this website. Case closed.

  95. Imagine me, sitting at your computer, 10:00 PM, brightness set to dim, starting flame wars on my own “story” You think I am a hideous creature, have you seen yourselves? Ask yourselves this

  96. Really the users who claim to be the monsters in creepypastas are just fans of the original storys. I know logic enough to know that.

  97. I actually encountered such a being two nights back. I have the wounds to prove. And sadly I have the hospital documents to prove as well. Just watch out everyone it takes what it wants, when it wants.

  98. i really need help

    I saw the rake run across my yard in indiana i picked up the phone and about called 911 i have never been so scared in my life

  99. My friend and his brother saw the rake behind a pond in their back yard then that night at about 4 am the same time the girl saw it he woke up to he thought screeching he looked up to find the rake in his walk in closet he was frozen with fear he didnt sleep gor 3 nights he wad so frightened his brother thinks he is crazy he has been at a friends house for a month now

  100. I have seen the Rake. If anyone else is out there who has any information on the rake, I need to know how long I have.
    Please

  101. Hmm personally i dinnt find it scary more or less disturbing the one that still scares me is the Familiar Slender Man,and of course many of my childhood cartoons ruined because of a sad truth or suicide thing and what not ->-

  102. graveyard girl your 8 you shouldn’t be on here.
    Rake,slendy/slenderman,eyeless jack,smile dog,moth man,exc….
    will get you……

  103. Story mentions the creature been spotted in upstate new York…..can’t say I’ve seen it here but what I can say I’ve seen is “the man in the white shirt” something I was haunted by as a child.I’ve come to find out others in my area have seen this to.

  104. I am what they call fear; I am sickness. I always watch you yet, you never notice me. I will terrorize you until you drive ,what mortals call, insane. You’ll go paranoid; You’ll commit suicide. For I do not kill, but drive my prey into killing. All I can say now is to prepra yourself.
    Love,
    Your greatest fear.

  105. This story is so scary
    If i would actually shit bricks , i would have a house right now ;-;
    Especially cause i keep hearing noises from outside my house

    Meep

  106. This story, for the simple reason of how scary the monster is described to be, coupled with the fact that he was so close to her as she slept, stimulated a brick-like bowel movement.

  107. Haha, I know the girl who first drew the famous image of “The Rake” years ago. She’s a tattoo artist who does some original horror art on the side. It’s interesting how her picture (which was just some random creepiness she drew; I think she titled it “stitch”) got a whole backstory and urban legend. I hope she gets credited when it becomes a movie!

  108. Ever realize that the top comments are of people trying to scare others!~ Didn’t you know.

    Humans are the real monsters in this world tsk

  109. This made me start watching that dancing shadow in the corner of my eye, Listening to the sounds of the heater thumping and groaning as it kicks on and turns off, focus on the sounds of the fans and clocks humming and ticking in the house and being thankful that the light is on above my head. Though it’s of little comfort as the storm is making the lights flicker. Thus I wonder; is it the story giving me chills or is it my turn to face what lies waiting in the dark.

  110. Captian Equestria

    This is certainly a great pasta. Though It’s not that scary. It may be because I live with a ghost. Hmmmm.

  111. hahaha i was reading this last night before going to bed. I was waking up during the night looking around hoping he wasn’t watching me

    1. T-T Oh my GOD Ikr? I was just like: <–> OH SLEEP? I don’t need it anyway!
      o-e I’d much rather be see- wait.. never mind :3

  112. My friend has been telling me to read this for ages, but I couldn’t find it… The story was great and well worth the search :D

  113. wow. this is not scary.
    whats scary is the fact i keep taking quizzes with which creepypasta will take me, and i keep getting slenderman (i also took a quiz that said which creepypasta would i date, and i got slendy again… awkward…)

  114. it’s all real i’ve seen it at niagra falls when i was with sel and at the back round i seen a creature at the back of me it’s all real even slender man i seen it at a kids play ground at the back of someone so scary if you think it’s

  115. i’ve seen **** like this before fake they just making everyone think it’s real but it’s all fake but slender man is real i seen him just a month ago at a kid’s park i’ve seen him playing with kids kids love slender man so much but uh he WAS BEHIND ME ALL THAT TIME AND I DID’NT NO HE WAS BEHIND ME Holy ****!!!!

  116. so many great themes expressed here…continuation is desired, however, that would defeat the purpose of the microstory then, yeah?

  117. The rake was based off the stray dog that had wanderd new york in 2003. It says,the dog was found dead in the park….what makes this even more odd is they say the dog looked like a monster. So that’s the back storey behind this c.p. I wish icould list links but there thirty or more links…..so all I can say is seartch *THE New York Beast 200

  118. i think the rake is interesting but honestly smile dog and jeff are way cooler… but im not scared of any of them, if i saw one id probably hug it lol

  119. I KNOW WHAT THE RAKE IS! THE RAKE IS ONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIE! It always says “My precious!” forgot the name.

  120. Noy as good as slenerman OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

  121. Excellent. There were some parts that needed a bit more explanation but otherwise a brilliant pasta. I’d eat it twice!
    :)

  122. I’m going to be ticked if this is real. Last time i found out something I saw 2 years ago is apparently slenderman. Happy i’ve never had anything like this happen.

  123. Z̸̨͎͇̺̰̞̲͉̪͐̐̔́̍͝àͣ̽ͩ̑̍̾̇̔ͧͣͬ͗͑͑͛ͣͧ͠҉̥̯̤̳̲̹̱͔͉̭l̵̡̪͚͍̟͈̘̽̈̉ͣ͋̂̑͋̊̎̽̄́͞ͅg̏͑̉͊̂̆̏̾̓̀̀̚͏͓̞̮̺̤̥͙̺͚̱̭̤̩͇̲̖͜͟͜ơ̴̵̡̦̹͔̮͙̟̖͍͉͛͌̾ͬ̓̊̅ͮ̇ͬ̄̊

    m̢̺͇̺͎͚̰͒͑͛̓̎̿́̾̃ͤ͋̌̌ͨ͐ͣ͛͆͗͠͝ͅe̵͍̗͔͖͓̬̞̺̱̪̯̺̠̥̖̗̬͌̐̄̇̈͐́͞ͅh͑̑̈ͪ̎ͯ͏̷̧̰̫̺̣̞͖̯̖̱͍͕̭̞̠͢ͅ.̵̂ͧ̍͂ͬ̍̽̽͞͠҉̟̹͔̘͍̜̘̣.̵̡̧̛̝̰̤̱̳̭̺͔͕̳͙̖̯͙̱̳̼̺͆̏͗̋̔͌͆̍͞ͅ.̴̫̼̼̱̣̠̠̣̋̋ͫ́̚͟͞͡.̴̼̩̺̙̯͕̖̹̦̻̹̹̤̙̎̈́͌ͪͫͩ̿̀̚͟͞.̷̡̤̺̝͎̭͍͙͕̏̃ͫͣ̉ͭ͆̃ͦͧ͊ͫ̃̋ͥ̍̾ͫ̕͢ͅi̒̉ͩ̆͊ͣ͑̒ͫ̒̋ͩ̌̉̈ͫͥ͑̆͞҉҉͠҉͓͓̼̞͕͖̣̝̰ ̸̰̳̗̹̩͇̘̞͈͓̙̺͍̫̤̰̱̳̃ͯͮ̇̂ͣ͂̆̾̄̆͡͡ͅr̷̷ͦ̑̾ͤ̐̃͂̔̈ͧͣ̑ͤͫ͑ͣ̾҉̤͍̙͕̬̘͓̗̜͚̥̘͍̯͔̦̪̲͈e̴̬̫͚̬̳̝̟̤͛̊ͯͣ̅̊͞a̵̴̡̪̖͉̲̤̟̗̝͚͖͙͎͆͂͊̅ͦͩ͒̄̄͘͠d̸̵̟͙͈͙̮̖̮̜͈̜͕̍́͆ͬͣ̏͗̌̆̅ͩͣ͊ͮ̓̌̊͗̕͠ͅ ̵̷̺̜͓͓͓͇̲͙̲̰̹͔͚̲̤͉̠̲ͩͮ̔ͩͭ̌̂ͫ͆̏͊͒ͦͨ̏ͅi̡̨̮͕̲̜̗̭̜ͣͭ͒͋̄͂̇̋̿ͨ̾̐ͯ̿͌́͡͡t̷̢̠̝̹̹͓̩̰̗̓̅͑ͣ̂̓͒̆ͦ̽ͯͅ ̸̶̘̺̺͉̪̰̝͕̼͔̇̔ͫ̎ͩ͒ͤͥͧͧͤͩͪ̎̀ͣͭ̚͘͞į̫̼̙̻̤̺̺͉̜̟͔̰̭̲ͪͤ̈́ͤ͛ͪ͐̌̒ͩ̽̀̄͡n̡̦̠̠̰͎͙̖͈̟̗̗̭̥͎͉̟͍̣̦ͭ͑ͬ͗̐̂̆̍ͮͫ̿ͨ̿͆̕͡ ̡̙̤͉͎̹̲̣̣̬̳̯ͤͤ̀́͐͊͠t̶̡͕̺̜̟͈͇̑ͨ̔͛͊̅̒͛̇͡ͅͅh̡̛̯̜͖͕͇̼̲̬̘͔̪̪͕̺̫̳ͯ̇̇̆̍̂͑ͮ̒́͝͝͝ͅeͮ̐ͫͯ͏̡̞̩̥̞̺̙͕̳͍͓͠ ̟̦̙̞̣̣̹̯̞͓̫͆̓̎̒͐͑ͦͯͯ́͘̕d̸̢ͩ́͒̐̅̚͢͏̠̘̩̜̪̟͔̻̫͎̻̫̬͠ͅa̸̗̫͉̥̘͚͓͕̗͙ͯ͋̿́̔̀̋ͪͦ̽̽͜͞r͉̝̞̝̳̪̯̬̳̝̪̙̮̯̻̼̳͇̒͑ͥ̓̀̈͞k̴̡̳͈̘̬̟̳͈̝̲͓͛ͪ͗͌ͬ̔́̿̇̂ͭͣ̒ͫ̓̍̂̚͡ͅͅ ̵ͣͨͨ͐͏̖͖̞̫͇̺̪̠͇̻̲͔a̢͙͉̞̗̻̪͊̋ͮͦͮ̈̽̈ͣͬ͐̋̽̂̈́ͅͅt͍̝̹͖̫͖̩͚̬̯̫̜̰̖̠̳͚̙͙̅̑̍̐̂̊̑̑̀̐͊̐̊̒ͥ͡ ̈͌ͧ̑ͮ́̾̂̈́ͮͫ͂̚҉̴̮̩̟͖̀͢͝ň̷͚͉͇͈̟̘̤̝͚̬̼̅ͪ͛ͣͅį̴͇̺̻̠̝͎̙̗̞̖̩͊ͦ͗̄̔ͥͥ̊͌̉̀͊ͨ̆ͤ̒̚͢͞g̛̏̈ͩ̑́ͤ̓ͥͪ̔͏͍̰̰͎̼̠̰͈͉͎̬̳̮͕̤͚́͝h̢̧͍̻̣̫̳̰̎ͭͣ̐̄͑ͥ̀͊ͩͧ̈́̽́̚̚̕͠t͎̱̭̻̫̗̣͍͉͙̳͎͍͖̦̘̩̪̼̅̉̎̆ͨ͆̾ͯ̋̐ͪ́̕ ̡̣͖͖͎̟̖̯̱̝̆̃̀̅̑͛ͤ͗ͬ̀́̚̚͘n̨͍͇̖̜͚͍͚̤͎̯̭̮̟̼͑͑ͣ̅̈́̔ͪ͗̅̋ͧơ̧̲͙̹͔̳͖̹̰̹͈̱̻͍̇ͩͩ͒͑̏̋͗ ͦ̓͋͂̀ͩ̇̅̀͟҉̷̞̥̩̖̪̞̯̼͙͍͕͇͍l͇̣͓̫͍͎̰̭̫͇͍̳̪͚̪̞ͩ̊ͮ̋̈̂̉̀́͒͆ͦͨͧ̂̈͢͠͞í̡̗̰̥̱͈̤͎̼͈̠̈́̂̒͌́́ͅğ̵̴̞̬͎̰̤̩͕̥̭̫͛ͬ͆͛ͮͤ̋̏̃͐̆ͨͩ̓̔ͯͯͅhͣ͗ͥ͂ͮ̀̋͒ͫͦ̑҉̵̢̀҉̼͚̭̟̤̝͕̼͈̜̗̤ͅṯ̸̡̻͍̹̠̤̼͔̥̺͕̖͕ͣ̄̔̇̓͋ͮ̽ͥš̜̬͎͚̼̬͓̠̖̯̮͓̣͓͍̜̠̤͌ͮͨ͌ͮ͗͒̀͗̃ͫ̂̂̂͐͗͑̋͟͞ ̷̛̻̯͙̠̻̤̤̪̥͉͖̜͕ͫ͆̏̆̔̉̑̅ͦ̿͂͟͟a̸̡͎͙̜̙̜̜̪͕̠͂̏̊͛̀n̸̨̢͓͎̙̫̤͇̦̓̄̃̽̿̀d̢̛̮̱̞̼̠̪͇̺̙͈̝̞͍̮̑ͤ̉̆̆ͨ̾̓ͤ͆̑̀ͣͅ ̴̸̭̞̹̦͔̳̭͔̹̥̞͓͖̰̜͐ͬ̄̓͠͝ͅş̛͍̼͕̦̞̤̻͇̳͎̩͇̜̣͋͊̉̃̍͑̇ͦ̇̀u̾̎͑ͪ͑͆ͩ̈̿ͭ̎ͫ̓̑͊̊͛̃͏̵҉͍͖͖̱̦̻̩̫̣̗͕̯̻̞́c̈ͭͦ͆̎̒̈̒͏͠҉͈̦̫͇̣͕͖̩̳̫̹̼̝̣̟̠̻̼h̴̛̾̽̃̀͆͑ͬ͜͟͏̬̹̱̺͚͇̮͇̝͕͇ ̄ͤ́ͣͮ͊̉͋͐̿̇͋ͯ̒͗̒ͫ͏̧͟͢҉̫͉̘̪̠͚̥̺̳̩̰̤̮̲̘̳̜̠aͣ̈͊ͥͣ̔ͧͫͩͪͩ̀͏̩̤̪̞̜̙͚̗̲̯̰̥͓͈͡ͅͅn͍̺͓ͣͧ̓̎ͯ̒͛́̕̕͞͞ͅď̶̡̲̻̜̻̺͇̲̯̭̙̰̻̞͉̩̱͙̮̯͗̓̉ͣ̽̅̈̓̏͂̍͝ ̧̲̙͕̠̩̹̲͖̘̰͚͔̘̪͚ͤͩͩ͂ͯ̌̀ͅs̸̢͇̥͇̝̭̹̬̠͔͖̰̬͕̪̠̗̈ͬͮͮ̉͐ͪͫͤ̉̅ͮ͑͆̏͋͠t̢̡̡͙̰͖̘̓ͬͤ͗ͧ̌ͥ̅̽͌ͨ̌ͫͧ̿̇͝ï̴̡̭̙͇͕͙̺̖̟̙͕̗̲̪̲̟͙͎̲̜̆̔͑̄͒̒͑̀ͦ̒ͨ̅̉̈́̉̓̚͢͜͡l̢̢̛͍̥͉͙̬̼̊̍̿͜l̨̦͈̫̞̿̔ͧͥ͊̅ ̵̢͙̙̖͍̤̝͓͊ͤ̍ͨͩ͆̋ͮ͆͗͠͝ẘ̶̱̣̦̱̤̊̈͘͝a̷̴̗̦̥͚̥̰̗̺̣ͭ̔̂̉̆̀͟s̿̿̎̄ͩͤ̈̑̏͞͏̷̫̰̬̮͇͙͕̫̩̼͕̬̖̳̲͔̩̕͞n̶͕͙̯̹̭̹̭͖̹͇̮̩̯͔̫̗͑̾͂ͤ͆̑͌͌ͧ̐̚͟͜’̶̳̥̳̰̮̰͈̠̥̯̦͒ͭ̎̓̿̿́ţͩͧ̑ͫ҉͉̘͈͎̝̬̫͓͓̩̜̬͝

  124. I saw the Rake years before I ever heard of it. I was walking outside my property at about 3 Am I spotted a strange creature on all fours looking at me from about 100 feet away. It looked tan-brown. Suddenly, it stood on its hind legs dangling its long skinny arms. To me it looked like a naked, skinny, bald human. The eyes glowed at me and then it sprinted away across my lawn. Scared shitless, I went inside and locked my door. Me and my friend called it spine for a couple years, until we discovered that it was actually called “the rake”. I’m scared shitless.

    1. I swear if you are the real skydoesminecraft then I will die! U are AWESOME. And in some mod show cases you have read a few creepy pastas! So it could be you!
      :) :) :) :D

  125. Read this pasta months ago, i liked it but forgot it in a few hours. lately, however, i dream about the rake every time i close my eyes, and its in my mind every time Im alone. Im tempted to start recording my sleep like the narrator.

  126. □□□□□G□□□□□E□□□□□T
    □□□□□□□□A□□□□□□□□W□□□□□□□□A□□□□□□□□Y
    □□□□F□□□□R□□□□□O□□□□□□M
    □□□□□M□□□□□□E
    □□□□□R□□□□□A□□□□□□K□□□□□□E

  127. Im not sure. I think tath it was the Rake tath i faced one nigth. Im not sure if it was the Rake or my sleep walking brother. Fifty Fifty. It/He took my blanket
    sooner a i fell a sleep. I will never forget it……….
    —————————-Mr. Unknown————————–
    But i belive in ur story if u and 3 more peapole hawe sean it well why not me? Is it posible for it to live in Finland?

  128. That freaks me out. It was really entertaining though. This is my first time on the site and my first comment. Really cool.

  129. ok.. I’ve red the and I dont find it creepy :/ sorry
    but I think it is because the story isn’t develloped(?) enough… I mean.. it could have been a good story if it had more details but now the only description of the creature is a humanoid form and I cant imagine the rake clearly with just that little information :/

  130. has anyone else seen that picture of a VERY pale guy that is on the ground like a gorrila,has white glowing eyes, and it looks like it’s roaring? It was supposed to be on the news because it had that breaking news on the top and bottom. Eh? EH?

  131. I didn’t find it that scary. Better than anything I could write, and interesting, but I agree with everyone that it could’ve used a little more…pizazz. But it gave me something to read.

  132. FFFF-
    I’ve always hated stories of The Rake not hate as in despise it but hate as in it creeps the fuck outta me especially with the descriptions of how it looks. Save me ; _ ;

  133. Only…..one….thing…..to……….say…….HOLY CRAP ! THAT IS SOME FUCKIN’ SCARY PASTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D8

    I doubt even I will sleep tonight!!!! * grabs gun for pro techtion * if he comes he’s ganna be swis cheese!!!

    1. Hi! STOP FOLLOWING ME!!! One more step………..oh crap! Bullets don’t work! I have many other weapons to use…….

  134. i’ve seen him before too at first i thought it was slenderman on all fours cause it was blurry now i heard of the rake i realized it was him

  135. when i read this the first time i was creeped out, which is rare for me. that was a rough night of staying completely huddled under my blanket.
    but now that i read it again its pretty much made up…right? Cause it better be XD

  136. DAMMIT!!!!!
    Whoever wrote this was really good at descriptions… I have this clear image in my head of the “Rake” And it won’t go away…. and its 2 am…. and the lights on the other side of the room….
    anyway! this was a good story. it’s so mysterious which makes me want to find out more but creepy enough i just don’t Know what i should do.

  137. Me: -reads this- Oh don’t worry I wasn’t planing on sleeping any time soon. Really good story very creepy c:

  138. Whaaaa… I wont sleep tonight… I’ll just sit beside Liu, so we’ll wait and slice The Rake to the death >8D

  139. I had never heard of ‘The Rake’ before this morning.
    I had the weirdest dreams this morning. They sprawled on for some time, different scenarios,different places, but all of them had a very psychological weight to them. I awoke feeling almost like I’d been drugged, the dreams left me feeling puzzled but also groggy and upset.
    Most of the dream scenarios had the element of familiarity – that I knew the locations very well, I knew every detail.
    I’m trying in vein to describe the grotesque feelings within the dream and once I’d woken-perhaps it’s impossible to convey such things?
    The important thing, that has made me spend the time writing this, is as follows, bear in mind that I’d never heard of such things before today.
    In one of my dream scenarios a man was hanging a huge carpet material wall decoration depicting a serpent, he clearly said to me, “they call it ‘the rake'” . He said it as if it was of importance and should be remembered. Initially I thought he’d said’ the snake’ for obvious reasons! But he was clear… I only wish I could explain the feeling when I awoke. Once I had composed myself a bit I Googled ‘the rake’ and here I am. Of course this makes more sense to me, the nature of the dreams scenarios was a mental torment, I can’t explain them all, but I KNEW places I’ve never been intimately, I began living memories I was recalling inside my dream, again, intimately – and all the while a sickening torment….

  140. Guys, alon long time ago I couldn’t sleep, but guess who the rake actually is. Its link. I saw the rake before it was cool, but you probably never heard of it. And the reason is because link got all ugly and decided to scare people. But you just don’t understand it.

  141. This made me shit myself it was so bad from all of the other stories I read about on the internet. You all need to put on more about it

  142. I live in western Pennsylvania, and I had an encounter with the Rake once. I was walking home alone from an abandoned barn pretty deep in the woods (me and a few friends were doing a bit of underage drinking there), and I noticed something moving through the trees about 30 feet away from me. I could also hear some kind of weird sound, the best way I can describe it would be like somebody talking gibberish. I was really scared at this point, and I started walking faster. Walking fast eventually turned into running. Running turned into sprinting. Sprinting in the dark turned into tripping and face planting into the ground. I was dazed from the impact, so I couldn’t move very well. I looked down the trail and seen that fucked up looking thing coming right at me. I knew that I was finished at that point, so I just closed my eyes and waited. After about a full minute of laying there with my eyes closed, I finally opened them. The Rake was getting mauled by a sasquatch.

  143. Y̹͍̪̘ͩ̉ͬo͈̤͖͋̔u̸͊̈̋̂ ̹̤̲̣̲̐͊̒͐̓͆̈͠m̧͍̗͕̗͖͉̞͆u͚̙̰̲͔͌̽̍̈́ͣs̬̼͕̮̱͈ͨ̎͑t̬̖̼̖̻̐ͩ̆̌ͅ ̘̳̰̇̔̀̚͢l̡͊͒̈̌ͬ̐̒e̵ͬͤ̀ͧa̦̘͙̦̻̪͑̒̌̊͑̀̽ͅv̢̱͖͍̺̗͇͈͊ͨĕ̂͐̑̌ͦ̀ ̵̳̣̰͒̓̇̇̄͆̔n̖̣ͭ̔ͪ̌͛̾̉ö̹̠̟̻͉̲̝͑ͭͥ͗͆w̪̖̞͎͑̆̌͟.̛̗̬̥̤̮̙͍͛ͪ̉

    1. uhhh…..NO IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!! FORGET IT!!!!!!!!! YOU LEAVE!!!!! IM PRETTY SURE NOBODY WANTS TO WAKE UP AND PEE THEIR PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

  144. you have already done great harm by lonely speaking names. I simply urge a contact. heed shrill words as well as mine, no apex will exist

  145. when i read all these i got shivera up n down my spine
    its crazzy how things like this could acctually
    happen some dont believe but i do
    things unexspected happen to lots of people
    that seem unreal to othera but to the people it happened
    to was all to real. i think THE RAKE is real and i keep
    having a vision of of the thing as how she described
    the way it looked…. im so scared just thinking about it
    scares me ….

  146. when the rake was described the first thing that popped in my mind was that dog/little girl homunculus from full metal alchemist

  147. Sounds like the Dogman, which apparently exists. I know someone who got away from one. But y’know, cryptids….Anyone can make a story about them. But I’m pretty sure they can’t actually talk.
    I have to ask though…Why a rake?

  148. This is written quite nicely. I do wish that it had been a bit more eventful though, maybe a little more suspenseful. I love the ending line though just saying that and nothing else. ^-^

  149. Something that people have started to theorize is that the Rake kills people to spare others. It has a hunger that can never be satisfied, but it will choose to kill someone in favor of another.

  150. In my bed shitting Brix, ment to go for a cigarette after reading this shit, now too scared to even move.

  151. Love the whole story but I especially love the way it starts. With like an expert like prosecutor or sumthin givin you the facts.

  152. Ok, so… This could’ve been alot creepier. The details were a little fuzzy, and I could imagine this ten times creepier than it was actually described. It was interesting, I’ll admit, but I think more details shoul’ve been added.

  153. ROFL at all the idiots saying stupid things like “OHHH HERP DERP ITS NOT SCARY BECAUZZZ ITS NAMD AFTUR GARDEN TOOLS HERPY DERPY!!!!”

    It’s called the rake to make you think of its claws, its long rake like claws tearing through your flesh, which you deserve if you think it isn’t scary because “it’s named after a garden tool!”

  154. im not scared right now because its ten in the morning and im not home alone but im sure once im in bed at night this story will probably pop up in my mind

  155. whilst reading this i heard thumping coming from the attic i went to tell my mum but i saw her sleeping so i went back up stairs to go to sleep but i heard it again i went down stairs and saw my mum she must have
    gotten up and got some red wine but there was no glass and i saw the shadow of some sort of creature i saw the gashing blood wounds from my mums chest. i then heard glass breaking and i knew it was the rake or my crazy half assed dad .
    im just fucking with you guys im 12 and i live in wales and barely any exciting fuck all shit happens here but i love creepy pasta stories oh shit did ijest hear a thump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nah.

  156. wait…i don’t think this is the original! or at least not the whole thing. i remember when i first read this story, there was a little more to the ending. i think a few sentences or a paragraph are missing. it makes all the difference. because it was in those few sentences that i freaked out the most.

    anywhoo….this is definitely some CREEPY pasta. great read.

  157. I have heard this one before. I was reading it last night. I got scared and decided to play Xbox. I got tired and right before I turned off my Xbox I saw something sprint across the window. I locked my door and closed my blinds on the window. I then turned off the light chills covering me. I was paralyzed with fear for the first time. I tried to think of happy things but I could not shake it. I felt something wet on my forehead and I shut my eyes and held them there. I also felt my bed moving even though I was still. I forced my self to keep my eyes closed. While I had my eyes closed I saw something. It seemed stupid to me, I shut my eyes but saw something (I know it sounds stupid). I saw hollow black eyes with blood flowing out. I was still paralyzed with fear. I stayed awake all night with that vision. Today every 10 seconds I look behind me almost instinctively. I have a fear I am suffering Paranoia and Mental Insanity. I can even here a voice in my head now saying “You are going to die in a pool of fear. Tic, Tock, Tic, Tock…” Should I be prepared to die?

  158. the hash slinging slasher

    haha i couldnt be creeped out by this (i was watching south park while reading it XD) but i did like it. Also, to those of you complaining that it was fake, dammit people! its not supposed to be real!!! its just a story! Stop taking everything so freaking serious!!!!!!!!!!

  159. ok….I’m kinda lost on what the rake is exactly…is it a spirit? a entity? or a creatre? I’m sorry its just the stories when its nothing but letters and other ppl accounts leaves me with no answers…just more questions….its kinda like smiledog.jpg i didnt really get it till i went into more reasearch and actualy fund the picture…

  160. T,b,h I don’t no if it is real but if it is I think it could be some sort of extraterrestrial think about it they don’t no its origins it just seems to sort of vanish and h,t,f could it get in your house if you door is locked

  161. Well, I gotta say, we have a thing here called senior sign, and some questionable activities go on during the party. It takes place in the backwoods of Kentucky. Well me an my friends were in a tent calming down, and we heard the most awful sound repeatedly. We look out of the tent and some black dog thing is staring at us. But it stood up and ran bare ass naked into the hay. Scared us silly. We almost slept in the truck instead.

  162. so, i read about half of this late last night(11:30ish) and ended up calling a friend because i was freaking out and shaking (does not help that im schizophrenic and hear things)

    lovely scary story, im so glad i read this.

  163. This is so insanely fake, I live in that area of new York and never heard any sort of stupid story like this, I also have friends in other parts of the state who haven’t heard of any mysterious “Rake” killing people or anything close to this mumbo jumbo. Honestly the scariest thing concerning mysterious creature here is when a stray dog with mange showed up in Buffalo and people thought it was a demon.

  164. He who is bound not by flesh, but by words

    The Rake is Cain, doomed to walk the earth for eternity at the killing of his brother, Able. He serves God as an all knowing being that kills those who will do harm to the earth. He exists, for I have seen him. He killed my father. He was going to kill someone while robbing a bank.

  165. I love the rake! I personally think he\\\’s much scarier than slenderman (probably because waking up with the rake next to you sounds terrifying!)

    10/10 pasta

  166. “amp;quot;He is the rake”? Not “ow”? Not “I’m scared”? Not “help me”? Seems weird that the kid knows who the main focus of the story is enough to make sure to keep the spotlight on him even in her death throes.

  167. \"He is the rake\"? Not \"ow\"? Not \"I\’m scared\"? Not \"help me\"? Seems weird that the kid knows who the main focus of the story is enough to make sure to keep the spotlight on him even in her death throes.

  168. Hmmm,
    expected it to be really scary with all that hype,
    but all it did is to make me go LOL few times, especially here:
    She said “he is the Rake”.
    My husband drove his car into a lake that night, while rushing our daughter to the hospital. He did not survive.

    Well kids, I\’m off to bed, shitty Monday and a crapload of work await tomorrow :/
    Now that\’s scary…

  169. Hmmm,
    expected it to be really scary with all that hype,
    but all it did is to make me go LOL few times, especially here:
    She said “he is the Rake”.
    My husband drove his car into a lake that night, while rushing our daughter to the hospital. He did not survive.

    Well kids, I’m off to bed, shitty Monday and a crapload of work await tomorrow :/
    Now that’s scary…

  170. apparently i am either a heartless person or have been on this site to much
    this one didnt actually scare me that much :/ still creepy tho

  171. First off, rake is a term for an immoral man, as someone already said I believe. Second off, whoever said Slender Man is scarier, they’re intertwined. Watch Everyman HYBRID on YouTube. He’s also involved with the mysterious HABIT. Don’t F with the Rake.

    -K

  172. The Rake is not chupacabra, it\’s to big, the rake does (Almost) perfectly fit H.P Lovecraft\’s description of ghouls though, with the animalistic intelligence and a tendency to stalk certain individuals (usually with a reason)
    Check for meeping sounds

  173. i have recorded some of this infomation to paper because when i tried to record it to my file ready to publish to my page, my computer opened “the blue screen of death” (the major error screen) not saving the file. when i go to my room to slumber i will arm myself, ready for an encounter and i will record the data. i will try to find a weakness and post what i find.
    signed
    L.Dracul

  174. During the day I read it, got mildly creeped out and forgot about it, then I heard what was OBVIOUSLY paper rolling around but I freaked out and my mind flashed back to this story, I turned on my MP3 player closed my eyes and buried myself under covers, I listened to all my songs, so I wouldn’t have to open my eyes and see something, and sure enough :) it worked. The rake isn\’t real but the story is very creepy, and even now when I go into my bedroom I get a chill… Nice Pasta

  175. ^ Was good little storeh.

    Also, I ruined this story for myself as well!

    When I read this, even though there is a description of the creature, all I could think about was the fact that I was supposed to be afraid of a rake. A RAKE. You know, a garden rake. Wouldn’t it be scary to see a stick with spikes staring at you from the end of your bed. Pick better names for creatures K?

    … Wait, staring?

  176. The Rake = Trancy Mick\’s Sergals. There. Made them even more scary AND gave them a better name at the same time.
    Al Dente pasta, btw. My boyfriend sent this to me after I watched Paranormal Activity last night. Wanted to kill him. :/
    But anywhore. That\’s why my puppy came home covered in human blood the other night. Goddamn thing keeps getting out. Sorry guys.

  177. I think the “Rake” kinda reminds me of Lupin from Harry Potter when he’s a werewolf. I mean the grayish naked body, and being huge, the deformed body. When I was reading the story that’s what I was pictureing.

  178. I think I saw the Rake in new jersey, in this old abandonded train factory. The factory used to build trains in there a long time ago. Basically what happened was after we heard a loud banging I looked back to see something running at the four of us and we high tailed it out of there. Looking back at picture though, it closely resembles the rake.

  179. <3 emily & sierra <3 :D scary story junkies

    WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS SOOOOOOO FUCKIING FAKE I THINK ITS BULL-SHIT AND IM ONLY 14!!!!!!!!!! lame asS MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!! if u want something really scary that will make u shit bricks!! and not sleep give me a call dumb ass !! =D <3 emily …… I THINK YALL R THE LAMESETS PPL EVR….. U HAV NVR HEARD OF THE STORY CALLED0\" THE GHOST SAID: FUCK U U STUPID LITTLE BITCH STOP WATCHING ME GET UNDRESSED!\" NOW LISTEN TO THT STORY!!!! LOL !!!! GOOD-BYE! -Sierra! :D ;)

  180. WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS SOOOOOOO FUCKIING FAKE I THINK ITS BULL-SHIT AND IM ONLY 14!!!!!!!!!! lame asS MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!! if u want something really scary that will make u shit bricks!! and not sleep give me a call dumb ass !! =D <3 emily …… I THINK YALL R THE LAMESETS PPL EVR….. U HAV NVR HEARD OF THE STORY CALLED0″ THE GHOST SAID: FUCK U U STUPID LITTLE BITCH STOP WATCHING ME GET UNDRESSED!” NOW LISTEN TO THT STORY!!!! LOL !!!! GOOD-BYE! -Sierra! :D ;)

  181. Okay i\\\’m just going to go into a corner of my room and cry now…
    lol I won\\\’t be getting any sleep now sucks because I have finals this week…
    Great Pasta though, stories don\\\’t usually scare me and i\\\’ve been dying for something to scare me really bad. This site is really giving me what I want..
    :)

  182. There\’s a Rake Rd in New Jersey. Named after a rake factory that used to be there. Not creepy itself.

    The factory is long gone, just one abandoned shed left of it out in the woods. It closed when one of the owner\’s daughters died there. They say she was playing too close to the machinery…

    I used to live on that road, in fact. There are several houses there, but a lot of the area is wooded. It gets rather creepy at night.

    On two occasions, though, I\’ve heard a horrible scream from somewhere down the road. Even though it was daytime, it gave me chills.

  183. Entities like this, where their intentions are a complete mystery throughout are perfect fodder for ghost stories. Yeah, it threatens an anticlimax, since there’s no way to reveal anything if the creatures motivations must remain an unsolved mystery on principle. But it maxes out one element of good horror completely: fear of the unknown.

    Stories like this have that element in spades.

    Now the trick is to actually proceed to reveal information without losing that.

  184. Shiver Down Your Spine

    The worst part about this is that thing is real. It does watch from the foot of the bed. I\’ve seen it many times.

    It\’s not only in New York. It\’s everywhere.

  185. Why did I read this at 11 at night? Why why why why why why WELL LOOKS LIKE I’M NOT GETTING ANY SLEEP TONIGHT, GANG.
    It’s horrifying. I have this vague mental image, but perhaps it is the vagueness that gives it the horror. Up-beat music isn’t helping. Reading isn’t helping. Fuck, I was afraid to flush the toilet just a few minutes ago. I don’t want to go to sleep tonight. I need to find something to take my mind off of this, or else I will be an absolute fucking mess this night and the next and the next.

  186. Good story gives you subtle chills, makes you linger and think about it more then a few minutes. Just enough to get you a little on edge but not over the top sleepless nights and stuff.

  187. Eric: Damnit I hate how I share the same name with you

    Saraah: Oh, fuck you. Now I won\’t be able to sleep for even longer >.<

    Hollystorm: Actually, the pictures aren\’t scary at all. It looks almost sad

  188. Thanks a bunch. I couldn’t sleep for 2 weeks the first time I read this and now here comes another 2 weeks of little to no sleep. *Shudders* I am never going to look at those pictures unless I’m with a friend who can be scared and unable to sleep with me. Night night.

  189. Hey, hey! I just wanted to borrow a cup of sugar… at night… and also I wanted to rape you…. but that’s beside the point!

  190. Hey Double L, you should read Lovecraft’s Call Of Cthulhu if you haven’t already. Similar deals with the references and stuff.

  191. Little Mariah is coming

    Geez, with all the fuss about it on /x/ I thought it was scarier
    Kind of dissapointing, oh well, still something I shouldn’t read before I go to bed lol.

  192. Why do I think of the Rake as a ReDead from the legend of Zelda. And I mean the ocarina of time ReDeads, with the black eyes and brown figures.

  193. This is one of those stories where the horror is subtle but powerful. It may not be all-out frightening, but it really sticks on you.

    I believe in The Rake.

  194. yea my friend ryan was telling me about this today and scarying the shit out of me with it. he was saying now that i no about the rake it will come while im sleeping and kill me. it was so fuking scary.

  195. So, as someone who lives in a VERY rural area on the border of PA & NY, I hate whoever wrote this. I’m not going to be sleeping for a while.

  196. About thirty minutes ago I saw the damn thing. ok so I heard a woman screaming every 13 seconds. the screams were coming from the park by my house. (it sounded like the screams you would make if you were being clawed to death.) the screaming went on for 5 minutes then it stopped. 3 minutes after that I heard something jump the fence into my driveway I looked out the window and saw him. A Jackal headed huminoid figure ran through my driveway over to my patio and back into the woods I ran and grabbed my gun and gave chase. when i got a bead on it, it charged at me and knocked me over then ran off down the gully. I ran inside my house and locked the door. wtf man. and no i’m not joking. by the way I’m in Rochester NY. God have mercy on us all.

  197. I Have Encountered the Rake 3 nights ago i live in northeastern maine an im really terrified an idk wat 2 do except die…

  198. Princess Demento

    Why would he call himself the rake? that’s not much different from me deciding to go by the broom.
    Mind you, that was creepy. REALLY creepy. Now (in addition to my usual nightmares consisting of Beyonce winning an oscar) I’m going to dream about the rake.

    Probably.

  199. I read this, and it led my to thinking about how l would kill myself.
    And that led to my wondering how to kill myself if I had nothing with which to do it. I have decided: the easiest way would be to claw my throat out with my fingers.

    Fear the Darkness

    -Nex

  200. I read this, and it led my to thinking about how I would kill myself.
    And that led to my wondering how to kill myself if I had nothing with which to do it. I have decided: the easiest way would be to claw my throat out with my fingers.

    Fear the Darkness

    -Nex

  201. Sonofabitch, this was one nicely written creepypasta, nomnom indeed. I enjoyed it, because it gave me shivers all up and down my spine! feels good man.

  202. This is good pasta but it isn’t as good as that one thread on /x/ where two trolls actually used one of their phone numbers to convince everyone else that the Rake was real. It was fucking nice

  203. Nice try with attempt to add truth to a myth should of
    had some more seemingly factual info however that sai still something i will tell others at the campfire this summer

  204. @Olivia, me too! You put into words exactly what I was thinking. The Rake makes me anxious when I go to bed. I’m afraid I will wake up to him staring at me. I am also strangely obsessed with this story, I can’t even explain why. Mouthwatering pasta, indeed.

  205. Jesus Christ. I can understand some complaints of this being anticlimactic, but I’m afraid (no pun intended) that I do not find it so. I was on edge through most of this and it spoke very vividly to my sense of horror.
    I am /madly/ in love with this story.
    I also can’t sleep well, possibly because of this. I still get these horrible shivers when I get to thinking about this story. Chills and tremors like nothing else.
    EXCELLENT delicious, mouthwatering pasta.

  206. The only consolation I need is my gun and my mace. (I mean the big metal kind of Mace, not that pussy spray.)

  207. I think I’ve seen the Rake. One night I had a terrifying nightmare of unclear beings. I suddenly woke to a high pitched, but soothing voice telling me it was alright. And I wasn’t scared of it. It said “You are safe, I am here. I am here for you, always.” I fell back asleep and was fine the rest of the night. I think we all have a Rake that protects us through the night. My Rake wakes me after I have bad dreams as if to say “it’s okay”.

  208. The Rake exists, but not in the sense you know. The Rake is who you see in your dreams you just can’t see clearly. The Rake is who wakes you up in the night after having a bad dream, telling you that it’s alright, and to go back to sleep. The Rake is your father, Your mother, and every person you know’s bad side.

  209. I found it to be a generic monster story, really. I got bored from reading it. It was well written, but there was nothing spectacular about it in my opinion.

  210. OH GOD!! last night i coundnt sleep and this made me probally fail my PSAT!!!! >.< Thanks a lot!!! And it is super creepy that the lary’s son has my name!! T_T

  211. Am I the only one who saw right through it when she mentioned her husband dying in the lake? Think about it, people: in the year 2006, there’s no way the police wouldn’t have followed up with an autopsy on the girl to determine the nature of death.

  212. The name is a problem. I don’t think of gardening tools, I think of the Decemberists song. So did he enter into a marriage in the summer of his twenty-first year?

    (Admittedly “The Rake’s Song” is about a guy who murders his three children, so it’s pretty damn creepy in itself. Nevertheless, not quite appropriate.)

  213. This was really good, I liked it.
    It reminded me of this video i saw before, recorded somewhere in spain I believe. It was these group of men, i think four of them, speaking some sort of spanish and walking in a forested/jungle area. It was night time and they heard something in the bushes, turning the camera, it looked like a person was laying on the ground, but as they got closer, i guess it heard them because you saw it turn to look and the camera and run off really fast. The people on the video sounded freaked out, and i forget if they ran away or not, I’m pretty sure they did. To me, it looked like a person though, but it was really pale and naked. I’m not even lying, but if you don’t believe me it’s fine. It’s on Youtube, but I don’t remember the name of the video. I think it was titled with Fallen Angel or something, but I highly doubt it’s an angel. Looked more like a monster to me. =/ if I do find the video, I’ll send it to anyone who wants it.

  214. I saw a screenshot of this phenomenon but no explanation as to why. I have these annoying dog/human creatures showing up on my house. The only interaction they have is pranking people. If I don’t keep a close eye on my family they end up getting water balloons thrown at them. I can’t get them off my property. They never seem to leave. Eventually they leave, only to return some time later. They also mess with me. If someone is in the vicinity of one and has interacted, they just stand there and I can’t get them to snap out of it until sometime later. I took out all my occult stuff and it’s still happening. Any ideas as to why?

  215. Phew. The little bits of info you get about the Rake’s appearance gave me some pretty chilling mental images, which made the thought of being stuck in a room with it quite creepy. The lack of information may be a letdown, but it does heighten the mystery rather nicely. It obviously is operating on some kind of motivation, but it’s unclear what, or why? The sudden darting up onto the bed just freaked the heck out of me though. Creepy abomination plus sudden personal space violation? Gah

  216. Very scary. The only thing I didn’t like was the creature’s name: The Rake. OMG GARDENING TOOL MONSTAR

  217. The Rake, what a dumb ass name, I sooo happy you posted this shit, now i got to deal with my scared girl friend all night, thanks…

  218. FUUUUUUUUU-
    Delicious pasta. Enough brix were shat to build a replica of the Great Wall of China.
    I won’t be sleeping tonight, that’s for sure.

  219. wait but- I live near there.
    O.O

    Really good. If it had been night, I would’ve been so scared, As supid as it sounds, I know I wouldn’t have been able to sleep.

    Very good.

  220. There were a few things lacking, and I disliked how her husband just sort of died out of nowhere.
    But I swear I shat enough brix to build a house while reading the description of the Rake running up and getting so close to her husband’s face. The image I got from that was just…. fffffffuuuu

  221. Scared the shit out of me the first time I read it. Then I realized the Rake was just an over-compensating dick. Guy’s obviously got some self-esteem issues that he tries to compensate for by acting all evil and macho. He’d probably bawl like a little girl if someone stood up to him.

    Good pasta though.

  222. Dib (Anonymous)

    As a paranormal investigator wannabe, this piqued my curiosity.

    But as a 14 year old girl this scared the shit outta me.

  223. hmmm. possibly the best pasta so far. with a few exceptions. entertaining. thanks for the chills. and the nightmares(:

  224. I have 4 dogs and 2 cats, and they are very noisy creatures. Now whenever I hear them sneeze or make non-barking noises, I will think of The Rake. CURSE YOU AUTHOR!

  225. This is the first pasta I’ve read (mind you, I only started a few days ago, but I’ve read something like 15 already), and the first one that I think will freak me out tonight. I don’t know why, but what got me was the way the story described the Rake’s position to be similar to a dog… No, I’m not afraid of dogs. xD
    Makes me think of the old man in The Unborn who ran on all fours…
    Very creepy and well written.

  226. I thought this story was going to be lame. After all, it’s called the Rake. Ooo… gardening tools.
    But that creeped me out. A lot. Especially when she described what it did when it visited them. It just sounded so creepy. *chills*

  227. VERY creepy. Like I said in a recent comment (Ya-Te-Veo) I tell these stories to my cousins all the time. This one truly scared the living hell out of them.

  228. holy christ.
    i’m fucking terrified. this is the first story on this website to truly scare the shit out of me. maybe it was just that i had a sudden imagination boost and had a very clear, terrifying mental image of the creature. maybe it was the strange thing lurking in the corHOLYSHITTHERAKE.
    no but seriously. it’s 11:30 here, and every small sound is officially terrifying me.

  229. The story has a major inconsistency that can’t be avoided: we are reading this on the internet, yet in the story it says all posts and journals seemingly disappeared involving any mention of the Rake. Yet here is a story, bold and true. I think this pasta is best served by word of mouth.
    The mental images the story sets are quite creepy when you really think about them.

  230. This has creeped me out for weks now since I first read it on /x/. I wake up almost every night and I someimes lie there, awake but eyes closed, afraid of opning them and find something staring back… I’m such a coward

  231. ‘She said “he is the Rake”.
    My husband drove his car into a lake that night, while rushing our daughter to the hospital. He did not survive.’

    – I honestly thought this was an intentional Engrish joke.

  232. Paranoid Lurker

    Hearing an odd whispering around me near the end of the story, FTW. Hoping that was just the song I was listening to…

  233. Wow, this is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.
    Has no suspense, just a horribly delivered plot and retarded way of unveiling details, like: MY HUSBAND WAS TOUCHED ON THE KNEE, HE DIDN’T SURVIVE.

  234. I still have difficulty sleeping at night when I think of this story, theres not even any other information about it anywhere else other than whats already posted here.

  235. How the hell is this anticlimactic or boring? This is one of the top ten greatest pastas ever written on the internet, it sets the PERFECT mood and just the right amount of mystery.

    I like how the same users who dislike this (and other great pastas) usually have only glowing reviews of the very shittiest and most generic stories :p

  236. oh my god…this is so freakinn creepy. At fist the story reminded me of the movie Donnie Darko…

  237. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    I would rather have Candlejack come get me than sleep after reading this delicious pa

  238. Ahhh, I’m gonna have trouble sleeping now.

    But I guess that’s the entire point of Creepy Pasta.

    Nice work.

  239. This pasta was, frightening.

    I could really picture what those people saw but, I’m not sure about how it would sound like.

    Other than that, this pasta is good.

  240. Amazing pasta. I loved how a just enough information was given to lure you in, but you’re never really satisfied as you continue reading. I.E. The Rake said something, but you’re never told what.

  241. wooooooooooooooow that was greatt
    Its actually something you can beliieve o.O
    Im scared now! The last sentence! D:<

    Very good job to whoever wrote this!

  242. so lemme get this straight….there’s a hairless dog named rake that will eat my family or something? Since when am I afraid of Paris Hilton’s chihuahua?

  243. needs a little spice at the end whoever originally wrote the story. :)
    I’m attempting to put one of my own stories on here, but i doubt it’ll make it.

  244. I read through this and although it wasn’t near as bad as I was told, it was bland, unsurprising, and most definitely NOT creepy. With something this pathetic, I’m going to be dreaming of bunny rabbits and rainbows unless I get something around The Rake*10^99 in quality. Also, naming the (possibly blind, streaking mental patient) Being the Rake completely made me fearless. Anything named after a farm tool that’s only danger is stepping on the metal end and getting hit in the face with the wooden handle, isn’t worth fearing.

    1. Interesting pasta! I sincerely enjoyed the narration in the dialogue, it made the story better. May want to lock my door at night now, and the windows.

      1. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I READ THIS IN BED. HOLY SHIT WAS I SCARED. FUCK. NOW MY LIFE IS FUCKED. WAIT, I KNOW! I SHOULD JUST SING A HAPPY SONG! LA LA LALALA LA LAAAAAAAAAAA-HOLY SHI-

  245. The way the creature was described…I thought about it…and it freaked me out. I liked it. very good story.

  246. I really enjoyed this pasta, it surely satisfied my needs until another dish comes along. I REALLY enjoyed how it presented it with facts and even evidence. Cool story bro!

    1. How do u know it isnt watching U when u sleep?
      How do u KNOW it is just a story
      How can u tell IT is not talking to u wilst u sleep
      Do u record urself at night? If not how can u say its not there?
      Just because u havent seen something doesnt mean it doesnt exsist.
      Just because u dont understand it doesnt mean its not there.
      Just because u havent discovered it doesnt mean it hasnt dicovered u…

      1. *you *isn’t *YOU *you *you *? *you *you *you *? *you *yourself *, *you *it’s *you *haven’t *doesn’t *doesn’t *you *don’t *doesn’t *it’s *you *haven’t *doesn’t *hasn’t *you

        1. Herobrine you do know you are not in he game now right?now think about that and then come find me in the void above the nether ^_^

    1. i have seen him he said a name of a friend but a few days later she was gone i still search for her to this day

      1. Seriously we all know he isn’t real. If your really childish enough to believe he is real get off the Internet. Because I don’t think your mature enough to handle it. -_-

        1. You’re also not mature enough to be on the internet if you can’t spell correctly or use proper English.

  247. D:

    I heard a story similar to this on the radio a few years ago in middle school. A girl called in and said she had been walking in the woods one night when she came across a black dog, which stood up on its hind legs and chased her back to the cabin she was staying in. She locked all the doors and windows, and spent half the night curled up in her bed, crying. She woke up during the night, and the dog was sitting at the side of her bed directly across from her face, breathing on her. She closed her eyes but she could still hear it breathing, and when the breathing stopped, she ran to her sister’s room (eyes still closed) and climbed into bed with her sister, but the dog didn’t show up again.

  248. Pretty good story, yes. Redundant anticlimaticness aside, it kinda reminded me of the Willow Men. The strange shape, the blood, the dark eyes. And they didn’t really seem to have any motivation or reason for attacking this people… but the factual format was pretty good. A good pasta.

    Oh no, the Willow Men are invading other creepy pastas!

  249. holy crap man! many brix were shat. I thought it was pretty darn good. The ending was not as satisfying as I normally like though. Also, it was kind of depressing, since the rake killed the narrator’s family. But I enjoyed it nonetheless.

    1. don’t troll, dick. just say something nice, post some CONSTRUCTIVE critisism (I.E. something people WANT to read) or shut up.

      1. Guy, that’s not what trolling is. A troll is one who posts inflammatory messages in an attempt to provoke other commenters into becoming angry and, idealy, to cause a fight to break out among them, which they can then sit back and watch unfold. Reaper could certainly have been nicer about it, but they are just as entitled to their opinion as you are to yours. Disliking a piece of fiction does not make someone a troll.

        I never understood this idea of treating everyone online as if they were precious, fragile little flowers who should be wrapped in cotton wool and handled with the greatest of care. If you’re really so vulnerable that a miniscule amount of negative comments written in response to your story (a story, by the way, that is one of the best-loved and highly-praised in it’s genre) could have you balling your little eyes out, then you really shouldn’t be online in the first place – You should be in the process of shutting yourself securely inside your glass bubble.

  250. That is pretty awesome. I really like the factual nature of it. The old ‘references’ at the start are a nice touch, Kudos to the original author.

    It reminds me of the legends of the Mothman.

    1. you thinks thats scary read jeff the killer that is a story that ill never forget and his face was to horribal to look at!! (0.0)

        1. ☓☦✡✕♡☥

          Sigh why do you have to talk about my friend like that… I’ll find you

          ~☓☦✡✕♡☥~

        2. i was kinda creeped out from the story at first then i looked at the picture and i dont think i will be ever be able to sleep again

        3. i agree Jeff is way scarier and i actually think his face suits him so leave in distress because soon he is coming just to tell you GO TO SLEEP

        4. Teh Moosen is NEAR

          No, Jeff the killer is not coming to tell us to sleep and we will not go away. Right?

        5. so, Jeff exactly why did you decide to burn Jane, and why if you did know what she would do if she lived burn her? was it a twisted form of love??? (dont kill me im just wondering…alot <:| )

        6. We really need to kill people together…less blood less reason for family members to think there actually dead

        1. I like to kill people to I am lizard man but some people put me in a cage but I got out and killed them I live in the woods

        2. Teh Moosen is NEAR

          Alright then come and kill me. The cops will find you and finally put you in the loony bin where you belong or they’ll just uthanize you.

      1. jeff the killer was completely unrealistic kids don’t talk like that ever and the cops would have alredy had a record on the other kids it made no sense what so ever and the pic was obviously cg distorted if you couldn’t tell useing the simplest logic you are an idiot

        1. You can think Jeff or the rake isn’t real he killed my cousin and i saw him man that was some crap

      2. Heh heh your all scared?!good! Go To sleeep im talking to you yes wendy,kane,zach,cleverbot,abby, yes did you suspect me your friend on wolfhome as firefox to be jeff!? i may be smiling but in my mind you have a new bestie!? Bad mistake go to sleep tonight and ill slice open your neck in seconds mauahahhaahahahaha i’m also eyeless jack mawahahahahhahahahahahaahah were the same hear me now don’t sleep en less you want to die!

    2. nightmares are nothing new to me they can kill a man drive him insane but i know how not to let them drive me crazy

      1. Now if you go to the right of this post you will see Jeff The Killer and if you go to the left you will see the Rake and if you go to the top you will see over 9000 fan girls.

        1. Hey, has anybody ever thought that maybe slenderman is trying to take back his sons pictures because he calnt put them on a fridge so he puts them on: the tanker, the tanks of fuel, the inside of the tunnel, the rocks, the scary tree, near his scary chair, the sawn trees and the twin vehicles.

        2. Hannah The Killer

          How can Slenderman stalk people without any eyes? Hmm? You wanna answer that?

        3. Slender man was a dective but 1989 slender his house burned down and his kid got buried after that he committed suicide

        4. Aisha Russell-Henry

          Is that true? That sounds like a better story than the one about Slenderman now! Not. Impressed.

        5. jeff the killerer

          Yes he can they make a special computer for the blind that speaks the words derp

        6. Shay Colley the Killer

          and how the fuck would you know that if your not Eyeless Jack? >_>

        7. Why are we going on about eyeless jack being able to type when this story is about the rake.(eyeless jack sees with like his mind I think. That’s what I read anyway.)

        8. Jeff the Killer

          Are you ok with killing people with knives? And you can have the victims kidneys :)

          ~Jeff

        9. Anonymous murderur

          i did nawt lern 2 spel
          i wil kil yu in yor slep.wen yu slep toniyt or wenver,yu wil DI

        10. creepypastas aren’t supposed to have computers…..if they did….i would track down the signal follow them home….and read them their own stories till they start seeing the grudge that follows me!!!! :D !

        11. I like to kill people to I am lizard man but some people put me in a cage but I got out and killed them I live in the woods

        12. I like to kill people to I am lizard man but some people put me in a cage but I got out and killed them I live in the woods

        13. Idril_Celebrindal

          If you are really Slenderman then what are you looking for? If you are really Slenderman can I be your proxy?

        14. alright then genius, you could be blind or just playing some sort of joke, but if you didn’t have any eyes, then how did you know there was a story here if you cant see it??

        15. The Monster Under The Bed

          I could get you some eyes Jack <3 The girl who is sleeping ontop of my bed has bright blue ones…. Would you like them?

        16. You killed the rake O_O ~slowly claps~ Wow i nearly thought the rake was gonna win well i guess i was wrong well. Cheer’s i’m off~

        1. I know you. All of you. Where and when. Who and how. I stare all of you to nightmares every night. I will kill again. I love blood of innocent. You will perish.

        2. Aaah if only you knew my terribly twisted mind. For I know how to defend myself, I know how to kill, and how to make you wish I did kill you. With love, The Nightmare

        3. You think that your world is mysterious… But you know nothing… The creatures I’ve seen… The friends I’ve lost… There are many more creatures than these. I have seen them.. I looked. I found nothing about them. I have fought creatures that make Jeff or Chucky look like Ronald Mcdonald.

        4. apparantly maturity isnt a quality handed down through generations. did you know that its a federal offence to type threats like that via internet? anonymous or not, its childish, even in a joking manner.

        5. The rake is real… I have seen him but that was 2 years ago… Many many minutes did I see it then… Poof gone… Jack is also real, in the mind… Don’t think of him…

        6. HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol im not ever that happy.

      1. Yeah I agree the rake is something scarier than Jeff yet not scarier it’s weird because Jeff had relentlessly murdered his family

        1. The real Jeff the killer

          I will make you beautiful just like me if you want;or I can help you just ….
          Go To Sleep.

        2. i love to smile when i see death ill beleve your jeff if i see tonight and if i do ill make my face just like yours

        3. My Friend Has A MAJOR Crush on you mr.Jeff! She gave Me 5 Bucks to draw you, and make you say go to sleep. she hung it on the ceiling obove her bed. she also tryed to cut her face like yours. :S its sort of creepy, but i dont mind. do you??

      2. Teh Moosen is NEAR

        You are certainly not a fictional character from possibly one of the most childish scenarios I have ever seen because the rake is not real. No one make a reply to this because we all know it is true. This is probably one of the most pathetic scary sites I have ever seen, and I have a question. How, exactly can someone, or something, like you read your own story and learn how to type and respond to it? The real rake, if he even WERE real, would simply go out, find the author, kill them, and be done with it. He would not respond because he does not want to be known as real anyway. Why else would he have destroyed all of the media of him? The rake is not real, so stop being childish and considering yourself him. Case closed.

        1. Now, everyone can believe what they want. Who’s to say the pastas are real or not? And people who pretend to be pasta JUST LIKE TE PASTA. Imagine that. Im pretty sure that they don’t seriously think the rake is sitting at a computer typing, if he is real. Just dont ruin others fun, k?

      3. Oh please Rake, your least of everyone’s worries, you are just a pasta, just like Jeff, I am the only mythological creature alive, and put clothes on Rake, you simply disgust me,now if you don’t mind, I’m off to scare the living mind out of children

      4. awwww your not edible? but im hungry so so hungry havent eaten in so long….hm…..i need to play *starts to mumble incoherent things*

        1. We all know “rake”is not the real rake so why are you trying? If you were the real rake you could not type.

        2. Rachel The Rake's Sister

          So rake me and you have not talked for a while so let’s get some friends like jeff and smile dog and a couple other creatures and go on a killing trip

        3. we need to meet up at slender’s place…my family needs a fresh person to suck…again

    1. I’ve seen this creature before me and my friend did we were at a park at maybe 2 in the morning watching the stars and I was looking around and I saw something pacing i thought it was a man at first but then I saw it closer and told my friend we watched it for a little while it looked like a dog with huge shoulders and it was just pacing on the street corner then we saw its head move toward us so we ducked down an when we looked up again it was gone it was so disturbing to see it looked so deformed and we just didn’t know what to think of it we ran home later that night after just sitting there in shock for a while

      1. My mom meet the rake when she was 14, she was in her house with a friend and two white eyes were looking at her, so she and her friend climbed out the window and ran off to her other friend’s house, and she saw the white eyes following her everywhere, even at her friends house, she saw the rake looking up at her outsideon the lawn of her friend’s house.

      1. Omg i love jeff i love slenderman i scare my parents and parents friends with pics backgrounds of computer of smile dog jeff and i pray to see jeff and my death best way to die is to kiss jeff and die quickly with him <3 or like with slendy any romance with them best ever death!<3

      2. Dude i have seen the rake it touched my knee i was like 11 and it touched my knee and i’m just like OMG MUST POST THIS ON CREEPYPASTA i love the rake he’s an awesome creature of the night i jave seen:smile dog,Slenderman,Jeff the killer,jane the killer,the rake,and amny more things that will make you freak out!better go i see slenderman outside my window >:D

    2. Heh heh heh heh. Ahahahah, Need help just GO TO SLEEP and slenderman I survived that fire and I will finish you off one way or another.

    3. What is the name of what I think is called the seed eater what’s his pasta called he looks like a black creature with a bird skull on his face

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top