Advertisement
Please wait...

The Operation



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

On the farthest point of Long Island, the last scrap of land that still counts as New York, there sits a tremendous, abandoned building. Protected by its own isolated location, there is also at any given time two to three Security Guards there. However, if one approaches the cast iron gates on the night of December 4th, you will see that on this night, even those few security guards refuse to work.

The gates are left unlocked, and the wind will be utterly still, a nearly opaque fog filling the peninsula. Go directly to the main doors and step within, there will be a single long hallway, the end occluded by that fog. If you look to either side upon entering, you will see a modern operating room through a glass door. The further in that you walk, the older the equipment will get and the more old fashioned the doctors will be dressed.

When you can finally come upon the end of the hallway, the screams of the patients will be nearly deafening. The hall will terminate in an open door leading to a single wooden table where a man in woolen medical clothing, stained brown from blood, will be bent over a corpse. The body’s face will be covered, and the man will turn silently, screwing the top onto a cloudy jar of liquid, filled to the brim. He will hand this abnormally heavy object to you, before turning back to his work.

Advertisements
Advertisements

Instantly, you will be outside of those cast iron gates. From that point on, disease and injury will never affect you, but if you ever open that cloudy jar and pull out the contents… you will find a heart, pulsing and beating loudly in your palm. A sudden feeling of horror and revulsion will pass through you as realization strikes, that you have just pulled your own living heart from your chest.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

64 thoughts on “The Operation”

  1. The heart in the jar reminds me of both Pirates of the Caribbean and Voldemort’s Horcruxes. Just keep it safe and never tell ANYONE about it and you’re golden. I’d totally do this.

  2. Why do they run?

    But who was doctor!? (Sorry been wanting to say that sense I started reading these things.)

    1. RoseByAnyOtherName

      You mean Doctor Who? Fantastic! Allons-y! Geronimo! Don’t Be Lasagne! (Nope Capaldi still needs a catchphrase.)
      Anyway, I think this is a good outline for a really satisfying pasta, could even be a movie, but it needs fleshing out (pun intended).

  3. Well done. Perfectly cooked and well seasoned. I see the only draw back to doing this is our own human curiosity getting the best of us and we open the jar. However, personally I’d seal that sucker up with something and hide that thing. Once I was on my death bed. Then I’d open it up lol

  4. I’ve lived on the island since i was born never heard of this but if you’re looking for something similar go to Camp Hero

  5. One of the best ritual pastas I have seen in a while
    I would totally try it!
    And, because I am a sick, sick person, I would enjoy it……hospitals scare me yet fascinate me at the same time.
    Thanks for posting this!

  6. the price being maybe that you can’t let that jar come to ruin or you die, even if its not your time?

    or maybe you have to give up all reproduction or aging?

    sounds legit…

  7. This tale is quite amusing; the way it conceals the true price from those foolish enough to attempt it. The idea that it could possibly be without a price is ridiculous, as nothing’s free. I know the real price, but I’m not telling you, it’s more fun to let you find out the hard way.

  8. LOL NEX!!!!
    NO! its my jar of dirt :D

    but really finally a creepy pasta without a catch? wow i mean really you could just buy a safe a lock the jar in it and then go be a daredevil or whatever

  9. No real or interesting concept I could see. And sorry, but the mood was kind of ruined in the first paragraph by capitalized Security Guards and me being referred to as ‘one’ and ‘you’ in the same sentence. :( OK I guess.

  10. @BUT WHO WAS X?
    You don’t instantly die when your heart is removed, fyi. If that were so, there would be no transplants.

  11. what if it wasnt ur heart. it says realization. but you would have no time to realize if you had no heart. also, WHO WAS HEART?

  12. Oh wow, I’m surprised this is still around. I guess there’s no way to prove it, but I wrote this back in the hay-day of /b/ Creepy Pasta threads.

  13. if its an abandoned building, how come doctors are doing all kinds a fun stuff in there? other than that “typo” pretty nice read.

  14. keep the jar in a safe, become invincible and kick some ass. sounds like a good idea to me – you can kill shit, drink as much as you want, have unprotected sex, etc and be fucking invincible. epic win.

  15. ive read this before and i always wondered what would happen if you accidentally dropped the jar? =\
    btw if it tells me that even security won’t work there that night, then i’m not going in…simple.

  16. …you know…this is a pretty good ritual pasta! Not insanely hard, no stupid back firing (as long as you don’t open the jar), no punishment, hell I’d do this one!

  17. ……….i would hate to live for ever (not that it said that)
    but i would’nt know where to keep the heart,plus anything that demonic cant be good ……awesome pasta though

  18. That’s a pretty freaky thought. I wonder if one stays forever youthful, in addition to living for as long as that jar is kept safe.

    1. Endoplasmic Reticulum

      Well old age is a result of injury to our DNA over time so I think it would be quite possible that you live forever. Also, would you be able to feel your pulse?

  19. Oh Wow, This Is Awesome. It’d Be Pretty Easy To Keep That Jar Shut Now That I Know NOT To Open It. :] I Like This Pasta, Well Done.

  20. This is my new favourite ritual pasta.
    It isn’t to complicated and it’s actually worth doing… what a suprise!
    Plus, we get to know what’s in the jar.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top