Advertisement
Please wait...

The Frozen Lady on my Bed



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

This really did happen to me, and although I’m not haunted by the memory, it still freaks me out and I’m pretty much out of rational explanations. I don’t know if this is going to be freaky to any of you, but I can tell you that my irrational paranoia of the dark worsened after this.

So, as a kid, I was always afraid of the dark and I still am, however it was a pretty insane fear when I was younger. I didn’t really believe in ghosts or whatever they’re correctly called, and I still am sceptical now, but this one prominent incident has made my perspective change from on the fence to experienced.

I was eight years old, and every night was a struggle for me to go to sleep. I would get scared of every little noise, and if I was fast asleep I would wake up from every little noise, too. I used to have a single bed that was placed directly in front of my door, which I always leave open when I sleep.

Advertisements

I remember waking up in the middle of the night and just sitting upright (with my legs still stretched out, though) and rubbing my eyes. Obviously, my room was pitch black and I couldn’t see anything, however, this time I did see something. After rubbing my eyes I was surprised to find what I automatically assumed was my mother sitting at the end of my bed. The reason why I assumed it was my mother, was because ‘it’ had the same curly hair, wore the same type of pyjamas that my mother would wear, and wore glasses…like my mother always did–however, she looked extremely pale, and more like the colour of a dead corpse that you’d find in an ocean. She was not facing me, but I could see her side-portrait as she was sitting extremely still and silent and facing another wall. Obviously, I had no clue why she was just sitting at the end of my bed in the first place.

Being the considerate child I was, I asked her what was wrong. She did not blink once, and she did not move at all…she was still facing the other wall and I immediately got a bit heated as I thought my own mother was ignoring me. So I asked her the same thing, and got the same response. I reached out to her thigh and tapped it, trying to get her to face me, and at the same time I touched my ‘mother’ I asked her again what was wrong…but I received a response I did not expect.

Advertisements

As soon as I touched her, she whipped her head around me extremely fast and faced me with wide eyes and stared at me with her mouth gaping…then she started screaming while jumping off the bed and pulled my arms off of her. I obviously screamed from instinct, and tried to bring the covers over my body to ‘protect’ myself. I then heard footsteps from the hallway and faced the door in my room, and the lights turned on and it was my mother with a scared face and she asked me worriedly why I was screaming and what was wrong. I just sat there…shocked. I looked around my entire room and that thing that I thought was my own mother wasn’t there. I told my actual mother that it was nothing and tried to get back to sleep, but I obviously couldn’t.

Many years later, my mother and her sister were looking through old photos of their lives and I decided to sit with them. The house that I lived in when that incident happened has been there long before I was born, and my mother had in fact growing up lived next door to it while it was being built; and she wasn’t the first owner. My mother was telling me about the times when this house was being built, and who the first people who lived in it were. They were a mother and daughter, and they both died too early. The mother died of cancer, and the daughter died in her young-adult years from a drug overdose.

Advertisements

My mother then showed me a photo of the daughter, her name was Rachel. And I remember a terrible feeling forming in my stomach. I took the photo from my mother’s hands and looked at the photo more closely. Curly hair, glasses…but this time she wasn’t in pyjamas, but in casual clothes. It was her, the woman that was on my bed, it looked exactly like her, and that incident that happened when I was eight will make me always remember her face.

I don’t know how Rachel, if it even was her, got into my room that night or if I even fully believe that it was a spirit or anything…but someone was there, whether human or not. I saw her, felt her, and heard her, and I will not believe that it was my imagination.

Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

23 thoughts on “The Frozen Lady on my Bed”

  1. This happened to me but with my grandmother I never got a chance to know her but was going through old family photo s the same way I told my mom I knew the women in the photo she said thats not possiblenever said anything after that

  2. I like this one, is it ok if it’s my first creepypasta video? i’m starting a new channel where I make pictures that go with the stories, and some sounds too. I’ll post it here after i finish.

  3. Vicentepasillas453

    Thats creepy, I kinda had an experience like that but except it was worse than what u saw, oh and I’m also afraid of the dark, even though I’m 16, so I can relate to u man

  4. “She was not facing me, but I could see her side-portrait as she was sitting extremely still and silent and facing another wall.”

    The word you were looking for with that awkward phrasing was “profile”. Actually, this whole story is awkwardly written, I’m assuming English isn’t the author’s first language?

  5. people really shouldnt criticize supposedly true stories the same way they criticize fictional stories. true stories can be boring sometimes, because sometimes thats just the way the truth is. the storyteller isnt going to embellish a true story, that wouldnt make it true. true stories dont follow your standard beginning, middle and end. the stories are as they are, they are peoples experiences, not peoples imagination.

    i experienced something similar when i was a small child. one night i thought i saw my father standing in the doorway looking at me. i didnt say anything and just stared at him staring back at me. a few minutes had passed and i realized there was no way that my dad would just stand at the doorway to my bedroom in the middle of the night and just stare at me for so long. i then decided to ignore the figure standing in my doorway and shut my eyes as tight as i could and fall asleep. it could have been nothing standing in my bedroom doorway, just my imagination and the darkness playing tricks on me. it could have been my father checking in on me. or it could have been something else.

    1. A boring story is still a boring story, whether it’s true or not. I found this one to be mediocre at best, not particularly interesting, no real build up, no suspense, no character development. It read more like a news article than a creepypasta. If a true story is boring, why would you want to tell it, surely no one wants to hear it. Unless they are having trouble falling asleep. 5/10

      1. I would rather read a boring true ghost story than a terrifying well written fake story. I am not about creeping myself out, I am about learning peoples experiences with the paranormal. Don’t get me wrong, I am a huge horror movie buff (my favourite is Friday the 13th, I have an action figure from part 2, it has the sack Jason wore because he didn’t get his hockey mask until part 3). But the reason I come to creepypasta is the same reason I watch things like paranormal witness, to learn of peoples experiences with the paranormal. I don’t bother to read any of the other pastas besides the ones based on true stories. I don’t necessarily believe in the paranormal (I kind of believe in aliens, the universe is so big its impossible for there not to be other live somewhere and all that), but I’m willing to believe. And if if ghosts and goblins do exist, if there really was a figure standing in my doorway when i was child looking in at me, well you know the old saying, “Knowledge is power!” Maybe one night you will wake up to find someone sitting in at the end of your bed or standing in your doorway, but when you turn on the light no one is there. You won’t think much of it just your imagination playing tricks on you, but you won’t be able to forget the feel of someone at the end of your bed or staring at you in the dark. Maybe if that happens to you, “boring” stories like these might seem a little more interesting.

      2. i would rather read a boring true ghost story than a terrifying well written fictional story. i dont read creepypastas based on true events to get creeped out, i read creepypastas based on true events to learn about peoples experiences with the paranormal. it probably read like a news article because most news articles are true. and remember, nothing is scarier than the truth.

    2. you actually have a point i personally think that if someone ASKED you to criticize something its obviously to adjust to something better. But you are right people should not criticize , because if it was really that boring … then why continue reading??

  6. Well I don’t know if this happened to the writer or not but it was a very boring story. The backstory about the drug overdosed Rachel seems forced and I don’t buy it. Writing style doesn’t build up any suspense. 3/10

  7. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE USERNAME!

    First off, I quite enjoyed this. The writing was direct, and you didn’t linger on stuff you didn’t need to. It starts off with that classic Creepypasta opening, yet I think it worked. This is almost like a retro-pasta.

    You slipped into the present tense with ‘I always keep the door open’ although you don’t sleep there anymore. And ‘dead corpse’ is abit of an oxymoron, there’s no such thing as a living corpse is there? Just the odd awkward sentence, but on the while there’s not much wrong in the writing, but maybe a tiny bit more description of the lady, especially whilst screaming is in order.

    As for the rest of it, right now it’s rated 5.4%, and I think that’s because it doesn’t have anything new going for it. There’s a line between classic and ‘been there, done that’ and unfortunatley I have to say it kinda lingers on the latter, but not by much. It could be a classic chilling story, but what it needs is some twist. We’ve seen the layout countless times 1. Strange Happening in the night. (Woman on the bed.) 2. The inspection. (Poking) 3. The crowning moment of scary (The scream) 4. And finally the revelation (Rachel.) I feel that if the scream moment was described abit more, maybe with abit more peril and danger, and a more original explanation of Rachel than her merely being a ghost would help this pasta significantly.

    Sorry if I seemed too harsh, I did enjoy it and was a quick entertaining read. :)

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top