MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Psychosis ★ 9.15 Rating (19312 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.14 Rating (7478 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.14 Rating (427 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.13 Rating (11087 votes)
- Revelations (Sequel to The Fort and Survival) ★ 9.13 Rating (15 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.12 Rating (8752 votes)
- The Art Of Jacob Emory ★ 9.11 Rating (2072 votes)
- Ickbarr Bigelsteine ★ 9.11 Rating (2170 votes)
- Lightning ★ 9.11 Rating (2218 votes)
- Dear Abby ★ 9.11 Rating (2053 votes)
There’s a dark forest deep in the heart of the Rockies, surrounded on all sides by mountains. In the center of the forest is a lake on the shores of which you will find a large black stone. If you swim out into the center of the lake, the stone will drag you down into the darkness.
You will emerge from shadows in the alley of a frightening dark city of heavily arched roofs and buildings built on stilts. You must not talk to a single citizen of this city, or you shall be trapped there forever. The citizenry is horrid and mutated, and they will leer and curse at you, and their hideous and deformed women shall offer you unknown and horrible lewdnesses.
At the edge of this city is a highway. Walk down the left side of the road (yes, against traffic) with your thumb out and a man in a dark truck shall pick you up and drive you back the way you came. The city will be gone, and he will take you to any place on Earth as long as you can name it and there’s a road there.