MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Psychosis ★ 9.17 Rating (19248 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.15 Rating (7451 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.15 Rating (393 votes)
- Playpen ★ 9.15 Rating (137 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.14 Rating (8716 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11060 votes)
- The Fairies ★ 9.14 Rating (2183 votes)
- “Sasaeng” ★ 9.14 Rating (51 votes)
- Dear Abby ★ 9.13 Rating (2043 votes)
- The Art Of Jacob Emory ★ 9.12 Rating (2065 votes)
An odd occurrence has been rumored to happen in a certain pub at night in southwest Germany. If you sit in the stool farthest from the door while one beside it is empty, order a round for yourself and offer to “buy one for the Baron”. The bartender will without question or expression will pour 2 beers from tap. He’ll place one beside you and the moment the other one hits the table the room will go dark and silent, save for the sound of footsteps as a man in uniform sits beside you.
It is believed that it is indeed Captain Manfred von Richthofen, although no one is sure because they can barely see their own glass, much less the person’s face. No one who’s told this story has had the nerve you touch him or risk insult, and the figure does not say a word. But apparently if you were to ask him “So sir, what’s the condition at the front?” he would tell you startling details about the region’s future and sometimes how they connect to the world as a whole. Those who lived long enough after the fact claim that these events took place the exact about of years from the date they asked as from the date Baron von Richthofen died in battle. Yet this cannot be confirmed, because every time the figure has been asked the question after 1964 he’s only replied with a cold laugh.