MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Psychosis ★ 9.16 Rating (19283 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.15 Rating (420 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11081 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.14 Rating (7473 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.13 Rating (8742 votes)
- The Fairies ★ 9.13 Rating (2199 votes)
- Dear Abby ★ 9.12 Rating (2051 votes)
- In the Walls ★ 9.12 Rating (1745 votes)
- Ubloo, Part One ★ 9.12 Rating (1165 votes)
- The Perfectly Behaved Boy – A Dark Christmas Tale ★ 9.12 Rating (1051 votes)
There is a chance that while on a railway journey across country you will pass a
darkened station, the platform will look as if it has been deserted for years. The
train will have to slow down due to the condition of the tracks but it will not
stop. There are some conductors who will go much faster than they should just to
get past the station causing the train to feel as if it will shake apart.
If you ask one of the personnel on the train about the station they will tell you
not to worry about it and to go back to your seat. If you ask a second time you and
all your things will be unceremoniously dumped at the next station whether it is
your destination or not. There you can wait for as much as a day for another train
to come by.
There have been a few curious folks who have made the five mile long walk down along
side the tracks to see this abandoned station for themselves. No one knows what
happens what happens when they get there. Some are never seen or heard from again
and others jump onto the tracks in the path of the next oncoming train.
The only thing of any interest ever to happen along those tracks was back in the
early 1900’s when a train headed west derailed near that abandoned station killing
sixty one people on board and injuring others. The incident was blamed on Conductor
error and on the fact the rails were misaligned due to shifting of the ground after
a heavy rain storm.
There is no known connection between the derailment over one hundred years ago and
the events that surround the area today.