MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.5 Rating (136 votes)
- My Fear Of Water ★ 9.19 Rating (36 votes)
- Something Was Off About My Freshman Roommate – Part Three & Epilogue ★ 9.18 Rating (17 votes)
- Quiet ★ 9.16 Rating (38 votes)
- The Well ★ 9.14 Rating (50 votes)
- Maisie Went Missing Last Year ★ 9.12 Rating (164 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.12 Rating (367 votes)
- West ★ 9.09 Rating (11 votes)
- Lullaby Rock: A Candle Cove Memoir ★ 9.09 Rating (11 votes)
- Those Eyes ★ 9.09 Rating (11 votes)
- Skinwalker ★ 9.09 Rating (33 votes)
…until January 15th, 2013. Then the form will be closed again (I am not sure how long the closed period will be next time, as it will depend on how many submissions have come through and how far in advance we’re scheduled at the time of closure).
The new submission form is up and running, and after a small hiccup where I discovered it was actively removing formatting from submissions (so everything was looking wall’o’texty – I mentioned it on twitter, but if you were one of the few who submitted in the first 30 minutes after midnight EST, please resubmit as the form totally broke your submissions and made them ugly), it seems to be functioning properly now.
If you did not receive a response to your prior submission at this point, you either checked ‘no’ for crappypasta and were rejected, or your submission did not make it through properly.
This new form SHOULD be sending confirmation emails – though do make sure to check your spam folder, I know that Gmail at least already shunts our emails to spam – so we should be able to avoid lost submissions more easily. Due to the amount of people who seemingly refused to pay attention during the submission process, confirmation emails have been turned off. People were repeatedly clogging up the submission queue with pointless replies to the confirmation emails even after I added BIG RED LETTERS to the confirmation message telling people NOT to reply to the confirmation email. Congratulations, your refusal to read a couple sentences ruined it for everyone else.
- There are now tooltips. If you’re confused about what to enter for a certain field, hovering over the tiny “?” boxes will pop up a little explanation about that particular part of the form.
- You can now (optionally) choose tags! This means that if your pasta is about a common topic, like Slenderman, or is a parodypasta, you can now tag it as such. This will allow your pasta – if accepted – to appear when somebody clicks the relevant topic in the tag cloud. Tags currently only exist for popular and recurring Creepypasta topics, so if none of them apply to your submission, simply ignore that option entirely.
The shiny new submission form is up and active here!
IMPORTANT UPDATE: THE RICH TEXT EDITOR DECIDED TO DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF ITS INTENDED PURPOSE AND INSTEAD BROKE ANY SUBMISSION THAT USED IT. IF YOU USED THE RICH TEXT EDITOR [ONLY POSSIBLE IF YOU SUBMITTED ON THE 15TH], PLEASE RESUBMIT. THE RICH TEXT EDITOR HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE FORM. HOPEFULLY THIS TIME, THINGS ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO WORK CORRECTLY!
(Also: 160 submissions so far in less than a day, I really hope this slows down because I don’t think I can handle it if I end up with almost 5k submissions in one month, holy crap you guys)