Advertisement
Please wait...

Still Here



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

When I was seven years old, I awoke in the middle of the night. I ordinarily wouldn’t have thought anything of it; it happened rather often. I would wake from nightmares and stay upright in bed for a short while before coaxing myself back to sleep. My parents had quite the tendency not to be caring or comforting, so I’d taken it upon myself to get myself back to sleep. However, tonight was different. When I woke, I immediately sat bolt upright in bed, scanning the room with my eyes widely, but unable to make out anything in the pitch black. I couldn’t bring myself back to sleep, however exhausted I was. I got the haunting feeling that I was being watched. Slowly, my eyes began to adjust to the darkness that was blanketing my room. That was the first time I saw her.

A young girl, probably about the same age as I at the time, was standing at the foot of my bed. She was pale and in a white nightgown, with long brown hair that flowed to the small of her back, and eyes quite literally the size of dinner plates. She stared at me. That’s all she did. Not once did she move, blink, or speak a word; all she did was sit and stare at me. I opened my mouth to scream for my mom, but no noise came out, and I found myself completely paralyzed with fear, unable to run away. I wasn’t certain how long she stood there at the foot of my bed, but eventually, she faded away, and I cried out loudly in fear. My mom rushed to my room quickly, but she was too late to see the apparition, who had disappeared.

For a month or so, I would only wake up to see her occasionally, just staring at me with her large eyes. Then, it became a routine thing. I would awaken every night to her small form staring at me and I would be frozen in fear until she decided to fade away. The experience never became any less frightening, even over the course of a year. Even after two years, she still haunted me every night. Never did her large eyes cease to terrify me out of my wits. By the time I was ten, it was driving me out of my wits. My parents didn’t believe me when I told them about it, insisting that I was only having night terrors. The specter was pushing me to the breaking point, then, all at once, she stopped coming in the night. I wouldn’t wake up and see here anymore. Still, the experience had taken it’s toll. Every time I woke up, I was afraid I would open my eyes and see her again, but I never did. I was relieved that it was finally over. For four years, she left me alone.

When I was fourteen, we left town and moved into a new home. It was much larger, much nicer, and more importantly, it didn’t hold the terrible memory of the haunting I had experienced in our previous home. This new house was comfortable and I didn’t feel afraid. I had all but forgotten the little girl in her nightgown. The first night in the house, I went to bed, and woke with an unsettling feeling. My eyes caught something glinting dully at the foot of the bed and my heart skipped a beat. She was standing there, at the foot of my bed, staring. As suddenly as she had appeared, she vanished again. And I never saw her again.

Advertisements

The thing that still disturbs me is the fact that she appeared even in her new home. It was almost as if to say, “I’m still here. You can’t escape me.”

Advertisements

Credit To: My Mother

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

27 thoughts on “Still Here”

  1. *sigh* Another “I was paralyzed with fear in bed, so I couldn’t scream” creepypasta. And if her eyes were LITERALLY the size of dinner plates, her head would have to be the size of one of those exercise balls you do crunches on.

  2. “And I never saw her again.”

    “It was almost as if to say, “I’m still here. You can’t escape me.””

    Well, clearly you did escape her, if you never saw her again. XD

  3. I agree with Aroso. I had a similar situation like that happen to me (it still happens for god’s sake), and it still scares the crap out of me. After going to a sleep doctor (guess I should’ve just googled further than what I already did. Oops lol), turns out it’s a problem called ‘sleep paralysis’. Just google that itself. I guess it’s supposed to disappear in time, fyi.

    1. Hasn’t disappeared for me. I get it every single night. Normally I just sleep with the covers over my head because that way its impossible for me to see anything thing. Either that or drink massive amounts of booze. Those are pretty much the only cures in my particular case xD

  4. This definitely sounds like sleep paralysis. Learning more about it will most likely make it stop, and you’ll be less afraid, which will help you handle it better next time.
    x

  5. Something similar used to happen to me, with a tall rotting man. I have never been so scared, I wanted to scream but couldn’t and woke up terrified. However, as much as I do think I saw a ghost, it can be explained away as sleep paralysis which a few people that don’t sleep well develop. Look it up and maybe you’ll feel better about it.

  6. That fucking girl must have been the one that I saw on freaking Youtube crap…but anyway,good job writer,I love your story.

  7. are you serious abt the eyes..? I mean, i can’t imagine it without having her eyes overlapping her face..it fucked my mind a bit. I’ll just go with ‘figuratively’

  8. "When i was seven years old, i awoke in the middle of the night." I’m sorry, but this is one of the worst opening sentances i have ever read.

  9. Mildly unsettling. Not particularly scary, but definitely creepy. Still, a pasta doesn’t have to shock you out of your socks to be enjoyable.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top