Advertisement
Please wait...

Stair Steps



Estimated reading time — 4 minutes

I’m truly sorry that you had to end up here, but I do suppose that I am sort of glad you did… in my own strange way. I normally don’t like being around people, but recently I’ve been wishing to chat with someone to the point that it’s almost been suffocating. Would you like a drink? Here I have a Sweedish vodka, some very nice dry white wine, spiked lemonade if you’d like something sweeter, and look! Australian red wine… one of my favorites! Though you may think me morbid for saying so, red wine reminds me of blood. I know what you’re thinking, red wine is not really blood-red so much as it is garnet. But for some reason the subject of blood slips into my head every time I pop the cork off of a sleek bottle of delicious red wine.

What is it about blood anyway? It is used in every horror story, gushing oozing splashing pouring and drenching. Monstrous tales always have an annoyingly exaggerated surplus of blood. Blood makes people uneasy… it makes the weak of heart faint and squeal, but for what reason? What is blood but a liquid concoction, an oxygen transporting juice that is pumped through our system to sustain our brain, and yet it causes so much terror. Why? I just don’t get human beings, I don’t understand them at all. It’s a good thing I am beyond a human being. I’m nothing close to a god of course… but I’m certainly no human being. Granted I was one at a point in time, but I suppose intelligence has brought me upward a stair step or two. Though you may think of me to be conceited, I sense that you aren’t too far away from climbing a step yourself. It’s truly a shame, there just aren’t enough people like you in the world, and of all the places you could be you just had to end up here. It is a true shame, if I was more patient with the universe or if you had confronted me a few years before now I just might have shown you how to move upon the stair steps. It really is a pity. Well, on a somewhat related note to the subject of blood we were previously discussing, isn’t red a pretty color? I mean, blood turns brownish and crusty eventually, but the crimson is so lovely while it lasts! Scarlet is my second favorite color, right above a warm grey, and right below iris blue.

Speaking of blue… (please excuse me, but the florescent color has boarded me upon another train of thought I wish to discuss) What are eyes?: gorgeously complex organs that transform particles of energy into attainable images. But I have to admit to the awesome nature of eyes, I even have an established theory that It’s not the universe in and of itself, but instead it’s the eyes we own that contain all beauty. If your interested I have recently published a book called “Clouds or Ceilings,” that briefly discusses this theory. Have you read it before? no? Oh, what a shame, It would have been a nice read for someone like you. I would even go so far as to say it would have helped you climb a stair step.

Where was I?… eyes, now I remember, as beautiful as they may be they are only organs! And somehow organs, those simple pieces of wonderfully functional flesh, are another overused prod in a cliche attempt to expel horror. Intestines strewn, guts hanging out of corpses, but mostly it’s the eyeballs hanging out of the sockets. Why? What’s the big deal about eyes? They aren’t horrific, they’re beautiful, even when displaced. They’re like the gemstones within the dull hunk of granite we call a skull. So don’t worry, I assure you that I am not so cruel as to deprive someone of their eyes while they still breath, I’m a gentleman… at least I try to be a gentleman. Some people still insist that I am only odd… and many of the people that have stumbled into your exact same position have insisted that I’m insane, but I have no worries. Odd people always think of the normal as odd while the idiotic make out the intelligent to be idiots and the insane see the rational in the same manner that the rational see the insane. Only God can distinguish us, and until then we can only attempt to figure each other out on our own… a very risky measure indeed with plenty of variables that lend themselves to mistakes. In fact, my supposition about your high intelligence that I laid on the table a short while ago might have been totally false, you just might be the same imbecilic human being that continues to turn every nook of the world into a putrid and unlivable mess. That’s why I contain myself here. Do you see now? This is why I live here in solitude, I must keep myself above humanity. To keep my mind preserved have to keep this place clean of any insanity or idiocy, I must keep it clean. I’m sorry, but I can’t take any chances, I must escort you out.

Advertisements

But first, one more question: why is it that most humans don’t like to be removed while they call the ones that remove themselves unstable or even insane. Stupid creatures, I’m sure that any other plane of reality would be better than this one, please don’t tell me you are so dull as to be afraid of what’s over and beyond the dingy wall of reality! Then again, you may only be afraid of the process of being escorted out, in which case I shall make the path to infinity as smooth as possible… out of courtesy. Good day, and good luck my dearest friend. I’d join you, but I can’t… I must stay here and keep my household clean for as long as possible as I climb these stairs.

Step…
by step…
by step…
by sweet, solitary step.

Advertisements

Credit To – MollyKittyKat

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

44 thoughts on “Stair Steps”

  1. Nathaniel Doggett

    BRILLIANT!!!!!! Excellent! I usually am unbearably hard on creppypastas, fancying it a hobby to pick them apart. Winning me over is quite an accomplishment. This is the best I have ever read. Well done! 20/10

  2. Guys really? This was really great. It was well written and not too straightforward. It brought you into the mind of a serial killer. He’s cleansing his home,the world, of people who don’t think like him. No, it wasn’t scary, but it was a great way to write a murder. It really drew me in.

  3. I truly enjoyed this story and was not confused by it in the slightest (This your cue trolls, to start saying that I am just saying that to look intelligent), in fact it was obvious to me from the second paragraph what this story was about. I won’t go and ruin the entire story for you, but you need to look at in this post is what he( the narrator) focuses on and how he describes himself. Also consider that this is a Creepypasta and does get some cues from other popular stories.
    A failed writer,
    Jace

    A short note to the author, if you should ever read this comment that is. I think you have tremendous talent, and that while you have gotten some negative feedback do not be discouraged. Is this a masterpiece? Far from it, but it has amazing potential. And judging from your writing style I can tell that short stories are not going to be your forte, I would suggest you attempt to write either anthologies revolving around a single entity, so that you can slowly build a backstory and flesh out the character while retaining the short story style. Or attempt to write a novella(A very short novel typically around a hundred to a hundred and fifty pages), and create a very nice plot and build up tension. But if you are to take at least one piece of advice from this, take this. Do not, I repeat, do not get discouraged by the comments here or if your next past gets rejected, or else you’ll end up like me. Unhappy with life, and feel like a worthless piece of filth.

  4. NotInYourCloset

    Was this supposed to scare me? Although it has a fair point about horror, I don’t really think it belongs here. It never said he killed the man he was talking to either, he just escorted him out. Unless that is supposed to mean something deeper, I’m not exactly sure what the point was at all.

  5. I didn’t understand what was going on or who/what the narrator was supposed to be, but I appreciate that it was something original. Plus some of the descriptions and wording itself were really good! Just… confusing really.
    Also, how does one misspell “Swedish”? >_<

  6. Pseudo-intellectual slash schizophrenic kills you because he thinks he’s not human and has to cleanse everything in his residence of dirty humans. Oh, and he goes on long tangents about nothing in particular.

    It’s just a maniac kills you while babbling story dressed up in pretty pose. Nothing special really, although the wording makes it a bit difficult for some to understand.

  7. alejandro zepeda

    Those do not understand should not really judge the story, it takes a maniac to understand on an di sir am a maniac

  8. Derpbutt, don’t accept stories if they’re not even remotely creepy.

    As beautiful as this story is, I don’t think it belongs to creepypasta.

    P.S mabye you found it creepy somehow, I don’t know…

    1. Okay, I actually thought the guy was just throwing me out. Sorry. BUT it still doesn’t make this story creepy (to me, atleast). It won’t keep me up at night or make me uneasy while alone. It didn’t even creep me out while reading it.

      But the writing was nice so the author could write a really good story if he can make it creepier.

    1. THEN WHO WAS.......nevermind...

      Yes vote me down all ya want. The story sucks and you could vote me to -40…the story will still forever and always suck.

  9. No, I wasn’t thinking that crap about your wine, it can be any colour you feckin’ want!
    Also you spelt sweedush like you say it with a mocking accent, (racist), and overall I thought it was disapointing.

    P.S, I refute my claim that the writer is racist it wasn’t meant to offend, sorry

  10. I guess this story is too figurative for the average pasta reader to really get a grasp of. What a shame.

    8/10

  11. To be honest, derpbutt, I can not even begin to fathom why you would think this is good enough to land on creepypasta. Hell, I don’t even think it’s good enough for crappypasta! This is total and utter shit. Perhaps your standards are too low for submissions?

  12. Plain and simple…This sucked. Almost like a bad run-on poem, which shouldnt be here as Poems arent scary in anyway.

  13. Finally! It may have been crap, but after three stories in a row from the most generic categories (after death phone call, hitchhiker, and mirrors) anything is awesome. No really anything.

  14. Since you believe that there are alternate planes of existence, I discredit all claims of being further along in your steps of intelligence.

  15. MrsPatrickBateman

    Do you like Huey Lewis and the news? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in ’83,I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consimante professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top