Advertisement
Please wait...

Squidward’s Suicide



Estimated reading time — 7 minutes

I just want to start off by saying if you want an answer at the end, prepare to be disappointed. There just isn’t one.

I was an intern at Nickelodeon Studios for a year in 2005 for my degree in animation. It wasn’t paid of course, most internships aren’t, but it did have some perks beyond education. To adults it might not seem like a big one, but most kids at the time would go crazy over it.

Now, since I worked directly with the editors and animators, I got to view the new episodes days before they aired. I’ll get right to it without giving too many unnecessary details. They had very recently made the SpongeBob movie and the entire staff was somewhat sapped of creativity so it took them longer to start up the season. But the delay lasted longer for more upsetting reasons. There was a problem with the series 4 premiere that set everyone and everything back for several months.

Advertisements

Me and two other interns were in the editing room along with the lead animators and sound editors for the final cut. We received the copy that was supposed to be “Fear of a Krabby Patty” and gathered around the screen to watch. Now, given that it isn’t final yet animators often put up a mock title card, sort of an inside joke for us, with phony, often times lewd titles, such as “How sex doesn’t work” instead of “Rock-a-bye-Bivalve” when SpongeBob and Patrick adopt a sea scallop. Nothing particularly funny but work related chuckles. So when we saw the title card “Squidward’s Suicide” we didn’t think it more than a morbid joke.

One of the interns did a small throat laugh at it. The happy-go-lucky music plays as is normal. The story began with Squidward practicing his clarinet, hitting a few sour notes like normal. We hear SpongeBob laughing outside and Squidward stops, yelling at him to keep it down as he has a concert that night and needs to practice. SpongeBob says okay and goes to see Sandy with Patrick. The bubbles splash screen comes up and we see the ending of Squidward’s concert. This is when things began to seem off.

While playing, a few frames repeat themselves, but the sound doesn’t (at this point sound is synced up with animation, so, yes, that’s not common) but when he stops playing, the sound finishes as if the skip never happened. There is slight murmuring in the crowd before they begin to boo him. Not normal cartoon booing that is common in the show, but you could very clearly hear malice in it. Squidward’s in full frame and looks visibly afraid. The shot goes to the crowd, with SpongeBob in center frame, and he too is booing, very much unlike him. That isn’t the oddest thing, though. What is odd is everyone had hyper realistic eyes. Very detailed. Clearly not shots of real people’s eyes, but something a bit more real than CGI. The pupils were red. Some of us looked at each other, obviously confused, but since we weren’t the writers, we didn’t question its appeal to children yet.

The shot goes to Squidward sitting on the edge of his bed, looking very forlorn. The view out of his porthole window is of a night sky so it isn’t very long after the concert. The unsettling part is at this point there is no sound. Literally no sound. Not even the feedback from the speakers in the room. It’s as if the speakers were turned off, though their status showed them working perfectly. He just sat there, blinking, in this silence for about 30 seconds, then he started to sob softly. He put his hands (tentacles) over his eyes and cried quietly for a full minute more, all the while a sound in the background very slowly growing from nothing to barely audible. It sounded like a slight breeze through a forest.

The screen slowly begins to zoom in on his face. By slow I mean it’s only noticeable if you look at shots 10 seconds apart side by side. His sobbing gets louder, more full of hurt and anger. The screen then twitches a bit, as if it twists in on itself, for a split second then back to normal. The wind-through-the-trees sound gets slowly louder and more severe, as if a storm is brewing somewhere. The eerie part is this sound, and Squidward’s sobbing, sounded real, as if the sound wasn’t coming from the speakers but as if the speakers were holes the sound was coming through from the other side. As good as sound as the studio likes to have, they don’t purchase the equipment to be that good to produce sound of that quality.

Below the sound of the wind and sobbing, very faint, something sounded like laughing. It came at odd intervals and never lasted more than a second so you had a hard time pinning it (we watched this show twice, so pardon me if things sound too specific but I’ve had time to think about them). After 30 seconds of this, the screen blurred and twitched violently and something flashed over the screen, as if a single frame was replaced.

Advertisements

The lead animation editor paused and rewound frame by frame. What we saw was horrible. It was a still photo of a dead child. He couldn’t have been more than 6. The face was mangled and bloodied, one eye dangling over his upturned face, popped. He was naked down to his underwear, his stomach crudely cut open and his entrails laying beside him. He was laying on some pavement that was probably a road.

The most upsetting part was that there was a shadow of the photographer. There was no crime tape, no evidence tags or markers, and the angle was completely off for a shot designed to be evidence. It would seem the photographer was the person responsible for the child’s death. We were of course mortified, but pressed on, hoping that it was just a sick joke.

The screen flipped back to Squidward, still sobbing, louder than before, and half body in frame. There was now what appeard to be blood running down his face from his eyes. The blood was also done in a hyper realistic style, looking as if you touched it you’d get blood on your fingers. The wind sounded now as if it were that of a gale blowing through the forest; there were even snapping sounds of branches. The laughing, a deep baritone, lasting at longer intervals and coming more frequently. After about 20 seconds, the screen again twisted and showed a single frame photo.

The editor was reluctant to go back, we all were, but he knew he had to. This time the photo was that of what appeared to be a little girl, no older than the first child. She was laying on her stomach, her barrettes in a pool of blood next to her. Her left eye was too popped out and popped, naked except for underpants. Her entrails were piled on top of her above another crude cut along her back. Again the body was on the street and the photographer’s shadow was visible, very similar in size and shape to the first. I had to choke back vomit and one intern, the only female in the room, ran out. The show resumed.

Advertisements

About 5 seconds after this second photo played, Squidward went silent, as did all sound, like it was when this scene started. He put his tentacles down and his eyes were now done in hyper realism like the others were in the beginning of this episode. They were bleeding, bloodshot, and pulsating. He just stared at the screen, as if watching the viewer. After about 10 seconds, he started sobbing, this time not covering his eyes. The sound was piercing and loud, and most fear inducing of all is his sobbing was mixed with screams.

Tears and blood were dripping down his face at a heavy rate. The wind sound came back, and so did the deep voiced laughing, and this time the still photo lasted for a good 5 frames.

The animator was able to stop it on the 4th and backed up. This time the photo was of a boy, about the same age, but this time the scene was different. The entrails were just being pulled out from a stomach wound by a large hand, the right eye popped and dangling, blood trickling down it. The animator proceeded. It was hard to believe, but the next one was different but we couldn’t tell what. He went on to the next, same thing. He want back to the first and played them quicker and I lost it. I vomited on the floor, the animating and sound editors gasping at the screen. The 5 frames were not as if they were 5 different photos, they were played out as if they were frames from a video. We saw the hand slowly lift out the guts, we saw the kid’s eyes focus on it, we even saw two frames of the kid beginning to blink.

The lead sound editor told us to stop, he had to call in the creator to see this. Mr. Hillenburg arrived within about 15 minutes. He was confused as to why he was called down there, so the editor just continued the episode. Once the few frames were shown, all screaming, all sound again stopped. Squidward was just staring at the viewer, full frame of the face, for about 3 seconds. The shot quickly panned out and that deep voice said “DO IT” and we see in Squidward’s hands a shotgun. He immediately puts the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger. Realistic blood and brain matter splatters the wall behind him, and his bed, and he flies back with the force. The last 5 seconds of this episode show his body on the bed, on his side, one eye dangling on what’s left of his head above the floor, staring blankly at it. Then the episode ends.

Mr. Hillenburg is obviously angry at this. He demanded to know what the heck was going on. Most people left the room at this point, so it was just a handful of us to watch it again. Viewing the episode twice only served to imprint the entirety of it in my mind and cause me horrible nightmares. I’m sorry I stayed.

Advertisements

The only theory we could think of was the file was edited by someone in the chain from the drawing studio to here. The CTO was called in to analyze when it happened. The analysis of the file did show it was edited over by new material. However, the timestamp of it was a mere 24 seconds before we began viewing it. All equipment involved was examined for foreign software and hardware as well as glitches, as if the time stamp may have glitched and showed the wrong time, but everything checked out fine. We don’t know what happened and to this day nobody does.

There was an investigation due to the nature of the photos, but nothing came of it. No child seen was identified and no clues were gathered from the data involved nor physical clues in the photos. I never believed in unexplainable phenomena before, but now that I have something happen and can’t prove anything about it beyond anecdotal evidence, I think twice about things.

CREDIT: Anonymous

 

More classic Creepypasta stories can be found here:
Ticci Toby
Sonic.exe
Laughing Jack

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

860 thoughts on “Squidward’s Suicide”

  1. minecraftsteveefficial

    Wowee dis little doosie had me shaking in ma boots, im ter scered toi even tern on my tTVG anymore just in case the spangebub haunts me and my famuioiy;ly
    ; _ ;

  2. I’m just sitting here in my room while it’s dark and i don’t know why but reading this kinda freaked me out…. I’m not really scared of anything but this got to me and i don’t know why.

  3. Well I puked my guts out because I look the title up on youtube and watched the video before coming back and reading this. This story will forever be in my mind and I will not be happy about it….

  4. some sick sick person in nick must of done this and that “person” if you can Evan call him/her that probily killed them childern.and that pic killed my eyes

  5. Watched the video. Not as creepy as the story. It said there was a Scottish man with the name of an animated. This man was in fact arrested of 9 counts of attempted murder but still doesn’t conclude 100% that this soundcard suicide really happened. The video was very odd and nothing like a regular episode would ever. Be like. Still though, story was way creepier and was well written!

  6. Good story but a little too morbid I felt. The fact somebody could think of such detail toward children is demented and not cool. I guess that’s supposed to add to the scare value but…no thanks. You don’t need to be sick in the head to be effective in scaring others. Seek help.

  7. I screamed when I saw the picture. WHT THE HECK DID I JUST READ!? Omg omg omg im so scared. I don’t know whether to rate this 1 starts or 10

  8. Such a cool creepypasta!
    The detailed description of the pictures and the sounds, just contribute to make us understand better what is happening and thus get more scared. Perfect choice of words! Awesome story, keep up with pastas like this!

  9. This is one of the stories that mostly avoids cliché and doesn’t seem entirely fictional. Good job! :)

  10. CreepyKaitey29

    I stared at the photo put it up in a new tab and zoomed in on his eyes and I didn’t even shiver lol

  11. I wan to see the episode on TV but i tried to watch the episode on youtube, but there was a bunch of random people talking about the story and a bunch of ppl made a remake of the video i know they were just fake. I looked up pics of Squidwards suicide, and u dont want to do that!!!

  12. Man, fuck this story. Giving me the creeps and shit. I already have a hard time sleeping. Imma have to drink so much to get any sleep. Thanks lmao

  13. This was AWESOME!!! Great job, man! I am 11 years old, and i wanna write scary stories like this! wow! mind blown (like squidward’s LOL)

  14. Omfg.. All these images in my mind will end up scaring the crap out of me for life….. Oml.. I’m going to get horrible nightmares…

  15. The story was well-composed but bringing that silly Squidward voice and his face to mind, I just couldn’t bring myself to stop laughing at this.

  16. This needs to be moved to at least crappypasta. Tense swaps in the same paragraph, WHY WOULD INTERNS WATCH NEW EPISODES? DEAD CHILDREN are used for nothing more than to ‘spook’ the reader, and the ending was pretty terrible. URMAGUURHD SQEEDWARD WUZ SAD! WAWAWA. Remember kids, wind is SPOOPY DOOPY!

  17. squidward is coming

    damn that was scary when i say the photo im not joking i dropped my phone and it broke and now i cant fix it and it ha8rd to tyepe,

  18. Chocolate Bunny (Choco)

    Very creepy so realistic! And the photo!!! Great details amazing fantastic!!…..but jeff the killer was better

  19. What the hell. This story is awesome and totally creepy.I watched the movie and shivered so hard at the end my mom thought our house was haunted

  20. I would actually like to see this episode of ”Squidwards Suicide” it seems fascinating and made my heart pump with adrenaline as I read the story. I believe that’s all part of my psychotic and morbid thinking and love for gore and stuff like this, or am I just crazy?

  21. I was reading this last night before I slept. While reading the part “It sounded like a slight breeze through a forest.” I heard the crickets since before that It was toooooo quiet. It creeped me out

  22. lia paula geduspan

    O.O I do seriously not recommend staring into his eyes for more than 10 seconds, I did and his face was everywhere I blinked. DON’T DO IT JUST DON’T.

  23. Andrew Pettitt

    That was done creepy shit but I agree with you guys just the picture alone gave me chills not the story just the picture

  24. A pasta related to SpongeBob. How scary could it be, right? Well. Not very scary, but disturbing none the less. The thought of young children being torn apart while still alive is a gruesome idea, very disturbing to a parent such as myself.

  25. Have any of you people actually read this? This story is poorly written, it has so many spelling errors and no buildup. How do you people like this at all

  26. Oh God, pretty cool, but I felt a little sorry for Squidward, lol. I was kinda shocked actually, a character from a children’s show blows up his brains, plus those kids…

  27. I read the whole pasta and after about 5 days a got the mental strength to look at the pictures of the pasta, and thank god there was only one! Dam this one was creepy, shouldn’t have been reading this at night.

  28. Wow…. this was freaking scary as all hell. I wonder if the tape was haunted by some murderer’s spirit after he killed himself. He might have killed children after watching spongebob…… yeah, the show is THAT BAD.

  29. This as the first creepypasta I read and it used t scare me, but if its real the video would be cool to see.

  30. This story would have been so much better without the insert of disturbing images and video of mutilation and stuff. Everything else was creepy, and I was really digging it up until they brought up the clips slipped in there. It immediately made it unrealistic to me, and ruined the story.

  31. I have to say, I really enjoyed this one, but to me it didn’t have the fear factor for me. I really wished that you could have added more expression. It seemed like you weren’t bothered, because you didn’t word it enough, but other than that, it was good. 9.5/10

  32. The picture at the end is pretty good, but the fact that Squidward still has that gigantic nose hanging down from his face kinda just whittles out the pastas thunder….

  33. The story itself was mildly disturbing, but not a shiver ran through me until the image at the bottom. That goddamn haunting image.

  34. Don’t see what all the fuss is about this story or how it became a ‘classic’. Really quite pedestrian and not much to it.

  35. Very creepy and disturbing. Decent pasta. However, one thing I didn’t understand was… WHY THE HELL WOULD THE EDITOR ALLOW THE INTERNS TO CONTINUE VIEWING THE OBVIOUSLY NSFL FOOTAGE? Any editor in real life would have stopped the footage immediately after the first image; there is no way he/she would allow interns to stay in the room to view the rest of the footage. This REALLY threw off any sense of realism this pasta was going for. Most people on this site will probably argue that the editor was “possessed” or something, but without any explanation provided as to why the editor continued to show the interns the footage I couldn’t get fully immersed in this pasta. Someone finds a “secret” videotape with Squidward’s Suicide on it and views it on their TV? Okay, I can see that. Squidward’s Suicide shown in it’s FULL GLORY in front of interns and multiple other employees, and no one thinks to at least stop the footage and investigate the film in private? Nope, can’t see that EVER happening. Really wanted to like this pasta more, but not having anyone stop the footage without any sort of explanation whatsoever is too huge of a plot hole to ignore.

  36. I feel like this was one of those stories that are unnecesarily disturbing and gory. Tbh I didn’t even finish it because the descriptions of gruesomely murdered children was too much. Maybe it’s just me but I can’t handle anything like that. I found it to be too much. Anything could’ve worked but children really.. Those parts disturbed me too much to continue.

  37. Definitely a Creepypasta classic, and one of the scariest stories I’ve ever read (I still refuse to watch the YouTube video). The “Lost Episode” stories always did give me the creeps, but I think this one definitely takes the cake.

  38. I feel as if the photos of the dead children were probably the KILLERS CHILDREN. It would explain why they were never identified and if the father/mother had snapped in a horrible way and subconsciously decided to kill their children, post it on the photo, and completely forget about ever having children. I’m sorry if my conclusion upsets a few people, but the human mind IS fragile and for some, more fragile than most… again, I’m sorry if this conclusion upsets someone…

  39. Wow… I just watched the original red mist video on Youtube and searched frame by frame to find the pictures of the dead children and all of a sudden the game in my CD-RW drive started!!…. the hell man…

  40. I only clicked on this story, because with a title that stupid it had to be hilarious. Boy was I wrong! Reminds me of the creepy Simpsons episode story. Makes you wonder. . . .

  41. That wasn’t exactly scary…BUT EXTREMELY DISTURBING AND DISTGUSTING. I’m scarred for life after reading that. SO ruined my childhood!

  42. Random Person You Don't Know

    Poor Squidward!!! He is actually my favourite character in the show. I wish I hadn’t read this, it ruined my view on him.

  43. Thx for really scary nightmares and permanent scary images in my head and don’t watch the youtube video it is scary af like fr tho so like I’m like childhood ruined on spongebob

  44. I just read this story over again for like 3 months and i forgot how creepy it was. The creepiest part was with the kids and the photographer. It is a great story. Does anybody know if this story is real or not. It would be nice to know. Also do you know who wrote this story? If you do please write back.

  45. When I saw that picture I almost shit myself. The first time I saw Jeff the Killer’s face, I had a similar reaction, but this is different.

  46. Night Wanderer

    Wow. I don’t get scared easily but this is amazing. Many complements to the owner of this story… Thank you. My childhood has disappeared. XD

  47. And just as I finished the story, a giant bruise on my stomach started forming.
    And then the Sponge Bob theme song started playing from my brother’s room.

  48. My last comment won’t be published but the point is most true fans know that Hillenburg quit after the movie and season 3 and would not have been involved with the creative direction after that. Wiki him.

    Well written pasta. But fake.

  49. So this is pure BS.
    I’m a true SB fan. I stopped really liking the show after season 3. Why? Because Stephen Hillenburg quit and the show’s creative direction went to sh*t. So why would he have been called to arrive at the studio, after the movie and for a season 4 premiere, when-as Wiki tells us and true fans can confirm-
    “Once the film was completed, he resigned from the television show as the showrunner, appointing staff writer Paul Tibbitt to the position. He is currently working on the sequel film as the executive producer and story writer.”
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hillenburg

  50. I would have to agree with some people but I loved the story kinda scared me a bit but I’m gonna try to find the video and wacth the begging to the concert and I wasn’t really scared of it especially when I pictured the whole thing in my head and the picture haunted and scared me shitless and I’m hiding under my blanket cause I’m scared and someone else said they have a baby sister there not alone I have one my mom had a problem with the show though she said it was too violent and I watched it since I was a baby so I hope Dora’s okay cause I have a blanket of her since a baby and watched her too so I can’t stand the especially the fact my dad support the fact of the show and I hate the fact those innocent children and I threw up so wish me luck about the video I hope I don’t shit myself cause it’s 10:02

  51. They could have cut out a bit on the descriptions of the pictures. Well I wasn’t planning on sleeping tonight anyway!

  52. i want to see the actual movie to this … and i just read a coment that you see the eyes in and out of the movie yes you occasionally do but i wonna see the original one the movie that the crew had seen !

  53. Poor squidward do any of yall feel sorry for him I feel like crying and vomiting for him it’s just sad…. he cocky annoying but this is just to much I think we all new this will happen he said in episodes that he is miserable and lives in a dead end job and annoying nieboors. I just feeling sorry for him

  54. Ella:
    I agree with you, but, for some odd reason, I can’t quite get this out of my head. Strange.

    I have the same problem..

  55. i read it and its not that scary if you really want to be scared look up The Rusted Rabbit and after reading the story look at the picture…….

  56. It creeps me out even more when i remembered one of the series when spongebob was haunted by the flying dutchman.

  57. This is an actual thing. However, this is a crap reconstruction on it. The episode is called he red mist, a Scottish man who submitted the episode was prosecuted and convicted for the death of the two children, suicide of an intern who viewed this, and the hospitalization of several other people. It WAS explained, a man WAS caught, and for anyone who wants to know, search up “the red mist” or go on listverse (a research website).

  58. Well, I honestly don’t understand what makes this story so scary.

    Perhaps it’s the tasteless descriptions of the mutilated children or the “hyper realistic eyes” (Even if Hyperrealism is NEVER used in animation), but this story just feels like another Lost Episode that uses every cliché in the book. The grammar isn’t it’s best, especially since the story keeps switching tenses (Has/Had, Does/Did etc.). In fact, I’ve noticed that some other popular Pastas do that, like Jeff the Killer and Sonic.exe, and people say those have the best grammar. Why?

    Also, I kinda doubt that this guy would’ve been allowed to have even see any of the episodes if he’s doing an unpaid internship. This all seems like something he WISHED happened, as he was doing coffee runs or something for the editors. Then again, I’m not entirely sure, since I haven’t been in this kind of internship. If anyone has had work experience in an Animation studio of any kind, let me know..

    However, I will give the author credit on one thing here: He actually gave an explanation to how he’s memorised it all. Read Sonic.exe, and the author overanalysed the entirety of that “Cursed game”, from the time certain scenes and events took, the music from different games and even certain sprites, as if that guy went through the game several times to notice those details even though he played that game once.
    In this, however, he did mention that he watched it a few times, and so he was able to pick out details throughout this episode.

    But still, does that pinch of something nice improve this pasta? No. Is this story as bad as Sonic.exe? ..Kinda. I have a feeling that there could’ve been more to improve this if such a fete is possible, to somewhat improve it and make it a bit more scare worthy. The author did have it at certain stages, but it’s when the author began to use clichés and the tasteless gory stuff when the story failed. If this guy was, like, the newbie animator or something, then perhaps that would explain how he managed to see this screwed up episode.

    But still, Squidward’s Suicide doesn’t really get to me as a story that’ll keep me up at night. If anything, this story just makes me a bit grossed out by the author’s description of the mutilated kids (And didn’t he say he “won’t give away too many unnecessary details”?).
    Have to give this pasta a 3/10: It’s bad, but not Sonic.exe bad.
    Anything that goes past Sonic.exe just falls into the void.

  59. Cool, creepy, and awesome. Me and a few friends are willing to make this episode someday. I admit, I shivered a bit, but the image is the least scary part.

  60. Omg who would do that to a little kids show? some people out there have some disgusting imagination. And Then The Picture?! How Does That Not Scare U If U Say It Doesn’t Stop trying To Act All Cool And Stuff I Mean What The Fuck Happend To Squidward Holy Shit That Picture Though I Cant Even Stare At It For Half A Minut! Thumbs Up If That Picture Scares The Shit Out Of U

  61. U know I can just see a stupid like 5 year old coming on here and reading this. And then they go and watch sponge Bob and like have night mares til they r like 20 haha

  62. This is my 1st time rating a pasta. I’m new here and know I may have a different opinion later on after reading more stories, and then may come back and update some of these 1st reviews. This pasta has 2 parts IMO, the story and the video, I’ll rate each. The story I’d rate 8/10, I can imagine scarier things, but it is very creepy! The “hyper-realistic” bit annoyed me slightly because 1. the word was overused and 2. It’s inaccurate, if the video above is any indication. Those definitely are NOT real-looking eyes! If you took away the rest of the pic and saw the “eyes” without context, they’d likely resemble a pair of suns more than anything. As to the “dead children” thing, it does seem a bit random and tacked-on, as if the writer tried to mash 2 unrelated creepy stories into 1. It does make the story scarier though (I’d give it 7/10 without that element). But I’m not sure if the backdrop of Squidward’s Suicide (a scary 1 all by itself) helped the “semi-subliminal evidence of child-murder accidentally caught on tape of real children’s cartoon” story, or if it would’ve been better to let that pasta have it’s own spotlight to shine in, against the (all the more contrasting) backdrop of a normal, happy episode (I have some ideas for that, if we are allowed to write “derivative works”). The gore factor didn’t really bother me, I did actually feel a little nauseated at 1 point, but suspect that had more to do with the fact I’d gone too long without eating. I like fictional gore though, realize not all do. Overall this was both scary and sad, more the former than the latter. As opposed to Dead Bart, which I find more sad than scary, and don’t like as much.

    Now with the video, context is everything. I rate it 4/10, but without the story behind it I’d prolly just go 2/10. Maybe the video has been changed since some of you all commented, but I saw no dead people. No dead kids, or even dead Squidward. Literally all I saw was that 1st image of sad Squidward staring sadly at me, with the lighting/colors changing for 1 second a couple of times, which I’ll admit gave me a jump scare on 1st viewing. And those are OK, give 1 a nice jolt of adrenaline and all, but not really interesting, no thought-food there. Which is exactly why screamers are banned here, right? Speaking of “screamers”, the sound on this vid wasn’t scary at all to me. Maybe a bit disturbing in context, but that’s it. The “RARRRARRRARR” sounds like a guy trying to mimic a barking dog. It actually made me laugh a little! The rest was so staticky and garbled it reminded me of Olden Times when enterprising (read: horny) youngsters could kinda-sorta see free “mature audience themed” movies on HBO and company, provided they had sufficiently active (read: dirty) imaginations.

    1. For a first time commenter that is rather good. I would suggest a trip over to the sister site “Crappypasta.com” because, the commenters there do some full breakdowns, Specifically AFD, and Katherine C. The others there can also help to see what kind of breakdown may be best for you.

      Welcome to CP and Good Luck!

      )o(Blessed Be)o(
      Ahriannah

  63. This was so creepy. I can’t believe this isn’t real.I love creepypasta!!!!!best place to get scary paranormal stories!thanks Aaron!!

  64. Aside from a few grammatical errors, it was well written. It just bored me to no ends. The picture was pretty cool, but meh. This story, to me, is just like Ocarina of Time. Overrated.

  65. Never watching SpongeBob anymore Im 11 and i am GOING to cry CHILDHOOD RUINED but Jeff, Jane, and others arent creepy :(

  66. MsScorpiosama.14

    Well… that was a pretty scary story, because SpongeBob is my favorite cartoon! I’m still glad that somehow it did not ruin my childhood. hahaha

  67. This story wasn’t scary at first but after they said that Spongebob was also booing felt weird case he never dose that I covered the screen when I scrolled past the photo im so scared i cant even walk through my own house I was tempted to watch the video but i rather not ruin my life and my brain

  68. this story tho>>>>>>> totally make a script for this and give it to nickelodeon and have this shit created irl frfr

  69. this is a very good horror story but because of the detailed explanation it didnt really leak into ur subcouncuse the horror storys were u leave less out tend to be scarier. although this story didnt really seek into my subcouncious the thought of something like this actually happening may be pretty scary to some people.

  70. Tyler: This was a nice story exspecially since i like spongebob,it frightened me that those couple frames were dead children so i wanted to say that i wonder if they knew of anyone else that could have been there thatwasnt supposed to be but my Rate:9.4/10

    Adam: I really have no words except for “revolting” and “well written”. Rate: 10.5/6

  71. Anonymous:
    the pic creeped me out the most. stare into his eyes for 10 seconds and tell me you don’t at least shiver a little

    I did scroll down reading the rest of it and it was a bit of a jump scare for me just as i looked at it XD

  72. Procrastinator Silver

    I had to read this damn thing TWICE to make sure i read it right. god lord, this is fuckin intense. squidward shotgunning himself, graphic dead kids with intrails, ugh *shudders*

  73. This scared me more than the spongebob episode where a zombie was flickering the lights when I was a small child is this a real story though? I mean when you saw the episode

  74. I have a question isn’t creppypasta pretty much all fake but just to scare people?cause aloa lot people. Say pretty much its all fake

  75. My Name Isn't Necessary

    Why In The Hell Would Anyone Want To See The Brutally Murdered Children??? I Seen A Comment Somewhere Where Someone Wanted To See Them. That’s Too Much…But I’ll Never Look At Squidward The Same Again.

  76. Kiara:
    yes, I know it’s no kid show.One time i was watching it and some dirty joke came up and i just looked at my mum and she didn’t quite understand the joke but I did

    lol yeah one time Squidward buried spongebob and his nose was sticking out and it was outside the Krusty Krab and so what happened was Mr. Krabs walked out and was like “I sure hope that’s your nose.”

  77. Is it just me, or does anyone else see the face of what seems like a child (I’m guessing girl) peering from behind the door (bottom right)? It looks like a strand of hair is over her face and you can see part of her mouth. Looks like she’s grinning… Maybe it’s just because I’ve been reading cp stories for the past several hours and watching creepy videos and such… Also it looks like there is a shadow of a man behind the right side of the door as well. Looks like I’m going to be awake for the night.

  78. Jeff the Killer

    Omg. I’m scarier than that. I have bleached skin and carved out sides of my mouth. Anyone agree. Anyone who thinks that’s scary…..I’m coming for you.

    -Jeff

  79. omfg I cannot believe I read this. I read this the other day and last night I almost couldn’t sleep. My gawd the writer of this must really hate SpongeBob and children.

  80. i am 11 is my name, and i am not scared of any creepy pasta. the whole guts, and eye popping stuff….. i saw worse.

  81. this was really creepy especially since i watch spongebob, but for some reason im kinda curios what the episode will be like, i think they have squidwards suicide on youtube so one day if i feel brave enough i will watch it

  82. This really freaked me out. I heard someone say this is on YouTube. I’m contemplating watching it. I mean I really want to. But I don’t wish to be scarred for life.

  83. nightmare dreams

    OMG!Talk about freaky,yet awesome.I am the Person in my family that loves seeing blood any grotesque stuff. To me this is awesome and I love
    it…

  84. I’m the kind of person who feels like someone is watching me. I don’t feel like that right now, but the story made me want to puke.

  85. I am now officially creeped out! I saw a video explaining something like this on YouTube (Top Creepypasta’s or something like that) and they only showed and spoke about a little bit of what went on in the episode. Coming to read this was really…..i don’t know….i’m just severely creeped out is all. Cheers folks, going to go cry this one out lmbo

  86. If this is real, it’s probaly on the deepweb, the full video, pictures and all. Wouldn’t be even close to the worst thing on it though.

  87. Ooooo I nearly lost my lunch after hearing the gut pulling I imaged it in my head then looked on the floor I HEY MY LUNCH I hate that pic Jeff the killer is still in the lead though ^o^

  88. this just ugh. that picture freaked me out. i know one thing for sure. I am not going to sleep well tonight. great now Jeff is going to get me. I love/hate these stories.

  89. Me: oooooh aaaaah squidwards suicide:
    YOUR SOPOST TO BE DIEING OF HEART ATTACK. ME:to bad I hate squids. Sky: I couldn’t agree more

  90. I think this was a good story, I to some degree believe its true but everyone once in a while might lie a little to make the story greater…… I indeed think my spongebob child is gone :(…… I personally love scary stories and they do not scare me really but i do like a good chill and i personally believe it gives me a chill and others…… A lot of story’s you here these days are fake but this seems more real than others……….. I am sorry for who ever saw that disturbing video even if you wanted to I am guessing you wish you didn’t……… this story i think need more….not necessarily more fibs but definitely more detail on what you thought i think how you wrote was very nice:) keep doing creative and lovely stories!

  91. this might sound weird but when i read this i was even scared
    to eat vegetables. don’t even ask. p.s what is so scary about
    the picture? alright maybe a little scary.

  92. Read about Red mist and have read this several times. I just want to know….is it all real? I’ve heard that the creator of the video is in jail in Scotland and stuff, but was Red Mist/ Squidward’s suicide actually made?

  93. Poor squidy, i wonder what drove him to it, probably patrick, i am gonna be on him like pickles in a barrel roll, wait, what.

  94. Mbuuqw eats pasta

    Scared the me out of me. Morbid. Suicide. Nightmarish vocabulary.. Squidward’s bleeding eyes just no.. Red mist… THIS STUFF IS SCARY
    Well. I saw the pic for a split second and coveredit with my hand. It’s scary PERIOD.

  95. Its okay and creepy but even if this story was true, its just a cartoon. People are making a big deal out of it. The picture of Squidwards red eyes and the background, when I first saw it I was a little scared but now I got used to it.

  96. I scrolled down to the bottom of the story after reading it and didn’t see the picture until it got to Squidward’s eyes. I closed mine and scrolled to the comments. I might try looking at the whole picture but right now I’m too scared.

  97. I want to thank the author. My eyes hurt, im tired as hell, feel like crap, head throbbing. I got no sleep last night. At all.

    THANKS

  98. I don’t know whether I should find this scary as fuck, or farfetched and funny. Either way a really disturbing laugh just forced it way out of my throat, and now my mom is staring at me.

  99. 126378lhErObRinE99

    im fucking scaed as shit I basicly froze when I saw dat fuknut iwas like fucking hell an I was screaming like pewdiepie

  100. I’m not entirely sure the whole story is true – especially about the Scottish animator being imprisoned. This would NOT go unnoticed by the public. However, I think it’s plausible that an episode could’ve been tampered with in this manner, purely for a sick, sick joke. It has happened before with ‘The Rescuers’ and (debatably) ‘The Little Mermaid’.

    Either way, it’s a fabulously creepy story and I couldn’t sleep for weeks after this – especially after looking at that Squid picture. I wonder who made that image of him.

  101. For the subject matter and being based off a children’s cartoon, this story is incredibly well done. The mystery factor of how the hell did that get there Is what makes it truly suspenseful, and it’s only a video being watched, nothing actually happened, which makes it even better.

  102. D’X nononononononononononononononono im crying right now that scared the crap out of me this is better than jeff the killer

  103. I watched the video the sobbing freaked me out the most. It was so real…I was feeling weird after that…like I didn’t want to watch spongebob anymore with squidward in it.

  104. i can set the date on my laptop to any time I want. past or future, it doesn’t matter. so when I take an existing video and cut/paste the data into a new video file in my editing software, save this file, and place the file back onto the network storage or wherever, the time stamp will reflect the time it thinks it was created.

    go ahead, try it. will work with just about anything. create a text document when your clock is set to january 13th 2035. how is your computer going to know it’s really not that date? it wont know that, and when you create a new file, the creation timestamp will reflect the time that the computer thought it was when it created it.

    just sayin.

  105. Wasn’t really that scary.. I mean seriously jus- (looks at picture) OH MY FUCKING SHIT, THAT SCARY!!! 10/10!

  106. See the Story didn’t freak me out, it was the picture that really creep me out. I listen to an audio of it on youtube. The way the guy spoke, background music and Details of the Story Creep me out.

  107. Jane the Killer

    Wow! I could see why you would want to puke! This is one of the scariest things Iv’e ever read… :)

  108. I stared at squidwards eyes for a long time then after a while it kind of looks like spongebob forms in the window.

  109. i must have no emotions because i was never creeped out by the story, instead i was interested. and the picture also was not creepy, instead it made me want to punch squidward. as if i was angry that he ever existed. so yea, intersting story just not creepy to me.

  110. Ehh… this one was a little too much for me. Not creepy, just absurd. I see a few people saying it’s real, but everything reeks of, “what scary things can we put in here, OOOH, bleeding eyes, that’s scary!”

  111. I saw the video on youtube. It’s still there. Has anyone watched the ring? The girl made it, but it’s not cursed. Just so disturbing, I have to watch an old show called big wolf on campus to calm me down. And I don’t get that scared often. Do not watch it, it will screw up your life. Report it to the youtube people. Not big wolf on campus. That show is awesome, and calming. I mean squidward’s suicide. DO NOT WATCH SQUIDWARD’s SUICIDE

  112. creepy 10 year old

    I watched the video and (sorry all you fellow ten year olds) it scared the fucking craps out of me plus I watched it till 12:38 then posted this.

  113. As soon as the eyes appeared I immediately scrolled up then I felt braced and squealed awkwardly… You sir just scared me for life…

    Good grief!!!

  114. That was an incredibly eerie pasta i don’t think any pasta i’ve read thus far has creeped me out as much as this one has. It kills both my innocence and my childhood. the most horrifying is when i’m reading the last little bit and i scroll down to see just squidward’s eyes staring at me i almost cried, scrolling back up and finishing it the picture intrigued me so i stared at it, and for some reason i couldn’t stop it just kept staring and i stared back my heart is racing so badly absolutely loved it 12 out of 10 for sure.

  115. Omg that picture is scaring the shiz out of me! I went to YouTube and watched the “original” squid wards suicide. It’s f- ing creepy,

  116. Much like many of the other “animation” related creepypastas, whether it is on Pokemon or on The Simpsons or anything else; the only real question that I have in mind is this…

    “How come nobody has made many of these pastas into an actual movie or animation yet?”

    Like, I do understand most (if not all) of the pokepastas have been created into their own software game; but how come the cartoon based pastas haven’t been done yet… or the mario pasta, that one would be worth trying (or have they and I just can’t seem to find them?).

    But yeah, love the story; keep up the good work!

    -10/10

  117. RowerScaredSh*tless

    I can say that the only reason I found this scary was that Spongebob was my favorite show as a kid. Now I won’t be able to watch it without thinking of this. I also have to to the ACT tomorrow morning and know that I will not be sleeping tonight. What the actual flying fuck on a pancake?

  118. BubblePop:
    It creeps me out so much. Is it real? Does this story really took place? If so, where is the actual footage? the actual video? I barely want to watch it so I may distinguish it. So anyone knows where the video is, please be free to tell me.
    Go on Youtube and search up Spongebob Scarepants, Squidwards Suicide, or Red Mist.

  119. O god -_- that moment when this creeped me out, sooo i watched adventure time to take my mind off of it.
    It was an episode,
    About a murder mystery on a train,
    Where the lights would go out and random people were “murdered” and they were skeletons when they came back on :S

  120. Honestly, it didn’t creep me out. Not even a little. I don’t know what the fuss is all about. ‘the other watcher’ is 10 times more creepier than this one…

  121. Whoever came up with this is sick and twisted in an amazingly creative way, it’s hard to write something like this, two tentacles up!

  122. Masky and Hoodie

    Masky : O-o
    Hoodie: okay this scared me kinda badly-and I’m a Proxy! Almost nothing scares me! (Apart from Slendy on a rampage)

  123. that’s what spongebob is doing in the begining of each episode, playing nose clarinet to make fun of squidward, well, we all knew SOMEONE would kill them self. WHO WOULD like to be in a world with a spong who goes IM READY HEHEHEHHEHEHEHHE!

  124. I don’t know… There’s just something about this that just… really disturbs me. Like I can watch stuff like Silence of the Lambs and Sinister and not even be remotely affected by it, but this really gave me the chills.

    As for the writing -it was excellent. Which only makes it worse. I’m never going to watch Spongebob with the same mind-set again..

  125. the story was kinda creepy and the video was even creepier. I think that just ruined my childhood of spongebob

  126. I just shook this off, thinking it was a joke created by the somewhat imaginative author, but when I saw the picture, I got the chills up and down my neck, spine arms and face, and I’m wearing my coat! (The house is slightly chilly in the mornings) My younger sisters are watching Spongebob right now, and I can’t even look at Squidward….I always feel sorry for him. He just wants to be left alone and his music appreciated;Spongebob is annoying, but Squidward can be kind and gentle when he wants to be. <3

  127. What. The. Fucking. Fuck.

    I’m practically scarred now. -.-
    You’ve kinda ruined Spongebob for me.

    XD

  128. Most people are saying this is the scariest thing they have seen so far….. Then you probably haven’t seen very many scary things cuz to me this was nothing at all not scary at all a little gross but not scary. Sry to all the people who think this is the scariest thing ever but I do not find this scary in any way nor does it seem realistic.

  129. Why am I doing this?

    Why in the world did I think it was a good idea to read all these stories at 12:00 in the morning?!?

    1. Why Are You Even Reading These Why Am I Reading This Why Did Someone Create This Site I Actually Feel Like Being One Of Those Guys Like Ticcy Toby Or Jeff The Killer Sorry For The Caps On Every Word Just Nervous

  130. D e s t i n y D.

    It’s just.. Creepy. Even if Spongebob is a perverted show, I’ve watched it so much as a child. Now, it’s odd and has multiple sexual jokes. But this story I guess explains Squid’s true feelings? It’s just odd. Sorta expected,however.

  131. Really didn’t expect much from this Pasta… Actually it was really good. Not in any way do I believe this happened – but it’s no so off reality that I thought “pffft!”
    Glad I read it!
    (side note; My dog who rarely barks/growls/makes any sound for no reason… Jumped up next to me on the sofa whilst I was reading this, he began to whimper loudly and nudge his head on me. Now I am commenting and not on the actually story he had laid down…. Creepier than the pasta much!)

  132. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!X.X -dies of fright- x.x

  133. This honestly scared the hell out of me. Well written. The picture at the end made me jump, I wasn’t expecting it.

  134. THERE ARE ALOT OF SQUIDWARDS SUICIDE VIDEOS.SOME ARE FAN MADE BUT YOU NEVER KNOW….BUT ONLY ONE VIDEO I SAW STANDS TO THE CREEPYPASTA I JUST READ

  135. Ahh, my first creepy pasta. I lived for SO LONG believing that Jeff le Killer, Smile.jpg, squidward’s suicide, were entirely real (I know it’s extremely stupid, don’t remind me.)

  136. Ahh, my first creepy pasta. I lived for SO LONG believing that Jeff le Killer, Smile.jpg, squidward’s suicide, were entirely real (I know it’s extremely stupid, don’t remind me.

  137. I hate this. This is just … beyond screwy. I thought it was gonna be like funny cause you know… its spongebob! ugh. I wish I’d never seen this.

  138. Wasn’t that scary, nothing has scared me on this site so far except for jeff the killers photo AFTER I read the story, before I read and saw the photo I was “all like” (durpdurpdurp)boo, come up with something better.

  139. I love Spongebob and I find this to be completely horrifying. I also have an overactive imagination so I pictured the whole thing in my head. I can never watch it the same again.

    And as I was finishing, I felt like the picture was peering into my soul. Creeped me the fuck out. O.o

  140. I read this right after I read the rake pasta and something called pshcodic or something on this website and its just weird. I’ve seen that picture of squidward on the Internet and laughed at it along with seeing pictures that have people pointing that say: DO IT! I thought it was sex related and am freaked out now.

    Ps:
    I always hated squidward. BUT THIS IS TERRIFYING

  141. I’m confused. Is the implication that the “Child Killer” somehow made the entire fake show, just to insert a few pictures of his victims? If so, then I think it does make a better ending. As long as one doesn’t try to explain it.
    For instance: Why would the killer go thru so much trouble to make a fake episode where Squidward commits suicide, when the pictures didn’t have anything to do with SpongeBob SquarePants. IDK, maybe the killer was wearing a Squirdward costume, but because he took the pictures, we never see it.
    Still, I give it 6 out of 10.

  142. I was over all freaked out towards the end, I have an over active immagination and as the story unfolded my mind began to create the episode frame by frame and when he said he watched it a second time… my mind seemed to play it all back at hyper speed slowing down to show me the corpses… Also, stare at the eyes and move around, I know its a stupid trick that works with any picture but none the less adds to the terror… 9/10

  143. im 10 and it doesnt scare me. i dont realy get though, was it made by nikeloden, were the pics of the children real, y did he kill his self and y did it show dead kids was it squidward

  144. Ok, so, im reading this, its dark in my room, i have headphones in, and i cant see anything past the glare of my phone.
    I fully expected a bloodied one eyed boy to jump out at me while i was readin this…

  145. lollipop_gestapo

    Why is this story so scary??! I too, thought it was going to be a stupid,”who was phone” type of story. I even read it to take away my scary feelings so I could go to bed. But now I’m more frightened than before. I physically jumped when I saw the photo. This story came way out of left field man. I did not see this shit coming.

  146. Well now I am officially scared shitless, so far I have read Jeff the Killer, The Rake, and this, and it’s barely even midnight. Needless to say I’m happy I sleep with my gun literally right next to me. The thing that scared me the most about this pasta is the picture.

  147. Woah…..this really freaked me out…although I did watch red mist and it wasn’t nowhere near as scary as the story was, you know, with the dead kids and stuff.

  148. my friend and assistant drum major said not to read this because it “too scary” for me. Not scary but really creepy.

  149. This creepypasta was good, and the picture didn’t scare me, until I stared at it too long. Yep, sleep is for the weak.

  150. this is so creepy, espeicaily the dead kid pictures. But that doesnt mean I believe it. you couldve just drawn the squidward picture your self cuz the picture isnt that convincing. You probraly made up all the rest.

  151. So I watched Red Mist. No dead babies, but probably because it was YouTube. I have a theory that some sicko murdered those kids and thought it’d be funny to put them in a children’s cartoon along with a sick storyline. Like, even squidward and his house weren’t drawn like they always are. So maybe the murderer made the whole thing up and put it in nickelodeon somehow. Idk…it’s horrible that someone would do that to babies :'(

  152. yikes..
    this one had me going.
    i cant even pin exactly what made this so damn creepy.
    and i was afraid to even scroll down to look at the pic,
    even though the image is not really scary in itself, if i saw that shit come onto my screen im pretty damn sure i’d shit bricks, lol.

    one of my favorites:)
    for some reason, (dont know why) its the whole concept of the lost episode/haunted games that freak me out the most, probably because i spend a lot of time in front of a screen both working and in my free time… something like that just seems downright terrifying.

    turning on my nightlight tonight.. XD

  153. After reading this I went to the bathroom and when I left, there were 15 bricks in the toilet….*currently working on plumbing the toilet*

  154. I will never ever ever ever EVER be able to watch Spongebob without seeing Squidward with those eyes and the blood… That’s horrible…

  155. This scared the absolute sh!t outta me,and I don’t get freaked out easily.I’m like freaking terrified to watch Red Mist.

  156. Whats ..behind..me..

    I like it. Not creepy, but terribly unsettling. Saw the top of Squidwards head and said NOPE! To the ones who looked, you are braver then I am.

  157. I read the title,and thought “this belongs in crappypasta”.I scrolled down to the comments to see if it was any good,and saw the picture.Then I read the pasta.Its great,but I looked behind me at least 10 times to make sure the squidward wasn’t there!

  158. Wow such a good story even though I’m to scared to see the video you can very much imaginate the episode in your head and when you said there were frams of kids I for some reason laughed when you said sponge bob was booing because it was very unlike him.Good story though made me want to puke

  159. When I first heard about this on Youtube, I thought is wouldn’t be worth it, but then when I watched the video, my god, I’ve never been so creeped out in my life. The fact that there were shots of the dead children is very sickening and disturbing. Makes me wonder who the nut job is so that way I can kick his ass for such a disturbing lost episode.

    1. You know Its fake,Someone animated a fake episode and posted a thread on creepypasta about a fake strange moment on a spogebob episode,I bet he wasn’t even an intern at Nickelodeon Productions!

  160. when i first read the title I thought it seemed funny, but this is just scary and sick!

    fingers crossed no nightmares…

  161. thatguywiththebeanie

    There’s something about the unknown or lost that intreges me. Something that i’ll never be able to see with my eyes is fascinating and scary. I wish i could say the same for Dead Bart. But that’s a story for another day. Anyway, the story was very well written as it went into a lot of detail, but maybe this wasn’t a right choice. After watching that, if I was watching that then I wouldn’t want to stay and watch it again just to explain why it’s so detailed. But I did like how you were talking about the dead children, not that I liked the thought of dead children, I just thought how you went into detail, because that was what made me want to skip to the next bit. But then again it seemed a bit unrealistic that something like this ever happened. I mean there had to of been someone watching over the animators, and if one of the animators made this, then how come nobody knew about this. Also, if it was the animator who killed those children, then how come nobody noticed the pictures of dead children imported onto the computer. But this story isn’t meant to be taken seriously, its just a plate of pasta meant to scare someone and make their childhood ruined. Scary, creepy, mysterious but unrealistic. 8 out of 10 stars!

  162. God damn you, author of the pasta. At first I thought the pasta wouldn’t really be anything scary. It’s describing an episode from a kids cartoon, and no one has heard of the episode before. I thought, well, Squidward will kill himself and blah blah, and it will be over. I think it was the picture at the end that scared me the most.
    Well, I guess that’s goodbye to tonight’s sleep.

  163. My skin cralled while readin it and when i got to the pic i looked at it once and then covered it. DAMN thats what freaked me out…Awsome Story

  164. Possibly my favourite creepypasta
    I don’t have the talent to make one myself, however I have noticed something in spongebob. We hear about squidwards mother alot and even see her on occasion, but his father is only mentioned once “my father lovED me very much.” if anybody could expand on this i would like to read it

  165. That is seriously creepy, twisted, demented, and disturbing. BEST creepypasta I’ve read. I need to google this…

  166. This actually scared me. When I realized their was a picture at the bottom of the paragraph I had to cover it with my hand. I’m a sensitive pussy.

  167. This is one of the only truly jarring and horrifying creepypastas i have read. It’s one of the only pastas that instills true horror and disgust in me. Another one is the “Dawn Is Your Enemy” Pasta. Every time i read Squidward’s suicide though, i literally get shivers down my spine, goosebumps, and a bit of nausea. 10 out of 10.

        1. sweet deadlyshadow

          it is kinda funny. all tho I would have made squidward’s death more fucked up lik jumping off a building and landing in spikes or going in a thing tht would crush and rip him alive. I don’t really get y there are dead children. =/

        2. Oh, your grammar, it hurts my sooouuul.
          Anyway, the idea behind the dead children is simply that (I think) one of the creators was some sort of murderer/murderess (perhaps?) and put the photos in along with a very disturbing episode. I could be wrong.

  168. I believe in the Bell Witch

    Excellent job. Quite disturbing, but that was the scary part! I’ve been reading a lot of pastas, but few of them were at this level.

  169. Not gonna lie, I’m never going to look at squidward the same ever again. I loved him. Now I’m afraid to watch spongebob cause something like this will happen :/
    Good story

    1. go to youtube
      type in Red Mist
      look for the video where the thumbnail is squidward with his brains blown out

      the comments are banned on it

      its legit

      don’t watch it

      that’s how i became who i am

      -Slender man

  170. After I read this I scrolled down onto squidwards face and the image hurt my eyes, and then my head started to hurt… im terrified to watch the video….

      1. sweet deadlyshadow

        he doesn’t look like slendy. he looks like some one jst took out all the color and made his eyes red

  171. i remember as a child, being 18, anyways, my childhood, or what i had of it. i remember waching some missing ep’s such as the sonic one, and the ed edd n eddy one. i kinda thought my childhood that i had wasnt a good one, but now being older, and knowing this, i think back and it kinda scares me thinking my childhood was so demented.

  172. Possibly one of my favorite stories so far it had me getting closer and closer to my screen then I got to the picture and as soon as I saw squids eyes I lost it a little Lls

  173. Kat the Derserter

    It may just be my somewhat psychotic need to always have more unusual appearances of disturbing images but I really really do love this one it’s so beautifully scripted with grotesqueties that it is scary beautiful.

    1. i agree although it was in fact grotesque and creeped the shit out of me, it was a good read and a horrifically inspirational story. i also think it is a good reminder of life.

    1. Alexendra Olafson

      How old are you? You left three comments in a row. Two of them saying the same thing. You must be 12 or something.

  174. Wow. Quiet amazing and disturbing. I could see the entire episode playing out in my head. Just the descriptions of him sobbing got me the most. Excellent work.

  175. 1. I love spongebob, so this creeped me out heaps!
    2. When you said that they had ‘CSG’ eyes, I wasnt sure what they were. But when you said they were human like, I imagined their eyes like Patrick’s that one episode where he and Spongebob are waiting for the mail, and he uses his ‘binoculars’ (which are actually just glasses of water) and he had human eyes through the cup that were pretty big. So I was imagining everyone with those, except red, and it creeped me out even more…
    3. After reading it all, I saw the top part of squiddy’s head in the picture, though I feared that the eyes would be creepier than I thought, and put a hand over the screen to block it so I wouldnt get to find out…
    God damnit im a pussy…

    1. Same, I prefer actaully imagining it was human eyes, I dont see anything realistic or cgi about those in the image at bottom.. but still, one of my favourites. creeped me out hardcore. i wanted to watch those videos, but they don’t have the twisting in, which is why i was scared in the first place! thankful ahahha

  176. skin crawling, very disturbed. meaning you did an awesome job with this story. and previous commentors, i looked up red mist. and well that video or at least the only one related to spongebob that i could find kinda sucked.

  177. Girl In The Mirror

    Love this pasta! It creeps me out. Ive tried finding the video on youtube…and i think i found it. Except part of it is from a different episode of spongebob. Look up “The Red Mist” and click on the first video.

  178. Wasn’t really scary. A little gruesome maybe, but not scary. The whole baritone laugh part was meh. It honestly just sounds like a prank someone pulled on the interns.

    1. It was later found out to be made my a Scottish killer(which explains the dead children) named Andrew Skinner.

      1. epiccreepmaster

        wow……terifying i am now scared for life and will have the subject stuck in my head for the rest of time.

  179. Beautiful work! I love the idea of conspiracy/phenomena occurring in popular media, especially one aimed at the epitome of innocence, children.
    110% wonderful :)

  180. At first I thought this would be a funny, parody pasta (stupid I know) but reading through it truly scared the living daylights out of me it’s the type of story that although gives no murderer leaves an imprint on you so you are forever turning around just waiting for squidward with his dead realistic eyes to come get you

    1. yeah I can’t even walk around my house without being armed or with someone without losing my sanity but good news is I live hundreds of miles from the ocean

  181. Far back a couple months ago, I saw this story do I decided to search up the video. I watched the video. Sometime around 3:20 or something my computer froze on the exact frame on a photo of the dead kids. That image is now forever planted in my brain. I hope you take your time and try to find it too (:

  182. When I first heard the name, I saw it in an audio version on YouTube…..I thought it was a YouTube Poop……
    The fan-made video for the pasta is pretty good, but it really didn’t live up to the story…..

  183. I thought this was very interesting. Well written, I could imagine everything in my mind perfectly as I read. The thought of someone possibly doing something this horrible just makes me sick to my stomach. Altogether, well written and fun to read.

  184. What disturbs me is the fact that children were involved. I love kids and this just… Ugh. Rage and fear is an interesting combination…
    Fantastic pasta, though I’d think twice about eating again…

  185. i just can’t stare at the picture … it leaves my mind an afterimage … i think that’s the creepy part

    1. When I look at creepy pictures and memorises them, my head just make me think that the picture isnt bad at all, just to give me an schock everytime I see an creepy picture!

  186. Beyond Birthday

    Bungebob? NOES!!!!!
    I new Squidward was stupid, sadistic, and suicidal but come on…that’s just fucked up

  187. Creepy! Great story and well written. I was totally able to envision the entire episode you described and I will never be able to see Squidward in quite the same way again!

      1. I scrolled down too. When saw Squidward I just kinda got shocked and as quickly as I saw it I shut my eyes and hit the down arrow to scroll down to comments. Guess who won’t be sleeping tonight!

        1. dude…i think i died inside when i saw that, if you want horrible, read all hope is lost.

        2. dude if you had seen the freakin pics of jeff the killer i have you would be too afraid to close your eyes

        1. Same with me i saw the very top of the picture and just zoomed in all the way so i could scroll around it

    1. u will never no

      I want to. but i dont want to either. its gave me the heby-jebys just reading about the blood cry!!!

  188. cheshire kitty

    wow ok i have read tons of stories on this site but this one managed to scare the shit out of me.I was so scared that when i came to the last paragraph of the story and i saw there was a picture at the bottom i was terrified to even get a glance of it.

    1. I’m not going to lie, but i’ve only read 2 of these and the other one is about kangome. I read this whole thing to my mum and she was like “You are not allowed to watch Spongbob anymore! what if those people never saw it and it got put on TV!!!”

      1. Your mom really doesn’t get how tv works, no offense. She also doesn’t get how creepy pasta works, no offense.
        Wait…..maybe a little offense. Just explain to her that it’s just as likely to happen on literally any other tv show.

    1. I’m not going to lie,but I didn’t get scared of this one even though it’s very well written.I guess I’m just use to horror stories that they’re not so scary anymore.still well written and creepy.

      1. didn’t scare me too. I don’t know whats so scary in it. a horror story is supposed to be paranormal or creepy but this one seems as an attempt to make you feel disgusting. sorry but I”m not scared.
        the writer is good at writing but sucks at plots.

        1. yes. I do agree 100%. this story didn’t even have a good ending. and nothing even matched up at the end. If the writer wanted people to pee there pants he/she should have actually thought of a plot before writing..

  189. Creepiest one I’ve read so far. Something about the whole story scares me, possibly because spongebob is such an innocent childhood show. Hm.

    1. Innocent Children’s show?
      Please tell me you’re joking?
      I mean it has nothing like this creepy stuff – but it is full of innuendo and subtle jokes you’d only get if you were an adult!
      Please re-watch it with what I’ve said in mind, you’ll notice more.

      1. yes, I know it’s no kid show. One time i was watching it and some dirty joke came up and i just looked at my mum and she didn’t quite understand the joke but I did

      1. Staring at walls = Fun

        Please tell me people remember the ‘up-wire bra’ joke….And the ‘don’t drop the soap’….

  190. Alright so as I read this, I’m not incredibly creeped out, but I am to a certain extent. Neither is the picture too creepy… or at least I thought..
    I accidentally stared into the eyes of this Squidward for a bit too long and now the image won’t leave my head and now the story seems more creepy… Odd

    1. the pic creeped me out the most. stare into his eyes for 10 seconds and tell me you don’t at least shiver a little

        1. You have seen a lot of things and heard a lot of things. Like a fat guy in the mall says after buying 10 hotdogs for you family “Mission Accomplished! Welcome new Fat guy.”

        2. Ikr, I almost freaked out and flip my chair over. Later on I thought about that PICTURE and I felt sick. I shivered the second after Squidward stared into my soul. I found the Youtube video of Squidward’s Suicide randomly on my video spree. I clicked it but I didn’t even last a minute, I didn’t have the courage to watch it.

        3. What youtuber is it, I couldn’t find the video, or at least the real one. I want to watch it. Could you tell me?

        1. It is real… I’m not kidding the guy was arrested. The video is on Youtube (Of course without the children)

      1. I tried, I was eating a sandwich looking at it and my hand was LITTERALY trembling and I dropped my sandwitch…..then i lost the rest of my lunch

        1. reading this in the morning but still kinda freaked…that picture ruined spongebob for me >.>

        1. I read the CreepyPasta and felt mildly creeped out but not too scared, but then I went to bed and had a long, deep thing about it and….yeah

        2. Ouch. Maybe some of us HAVE the creativity to visualize it, but are simply not scared. I apologize, I have an easily hurt ego.

        1. Yeah I love things to do with ghosts, demons and all. If theres goodness in this world, there must be evil as well.

      2. You all make me proud. Because I actually do not feel a single bit affected by the picture. Maybe I’ve seen enough horrors to consider myself fearless. I don’t know, but you guys help with that notion. Thanks a lot.

        1. I just tried to think of a name

          The pasta itself isn’t scary, nor the picture. The picture is just interesting.

      3. I felt neither tingle nor shiver. I will admit, however, that the pic is indeed creepy. But the story… it has some kind of… I don’t know… “overused” chain of events…

      4. Stared into his eyes for 10 seconds, I wasn’t the least bit scared, creeped out or terrified. Sorry I don’t get scared that easily, but it is a neat Creepypasta.

      5. I saw little black dots on the very edge and it looked like he was looking this way:
        /
        /
        V LOL THAT MESSED UP. IT SUCKED! LOLOLOLOLOL :D

    2. It creeps me out so much. Is it real? Does this story really took place? If so, where is the actual footage? the actual video? I barely want to watch it so I may distinguish it. So anyone knows where the video is, please be free to tell me.

      1. It actually is real. The guy who made it was Scottish and was arrested for the murder of the two kids and apparentley some employees committed suicide as well. It was released to the internet but was taken down very quickly.

        1. you cant take something off the internet that easily. chances are is that you can still find it.
          (And that IS sort of offensive, my family being scottish).

    3. Lol i overshot the scroll on my mouse at like 12:43 am and just hit that picture xD scared the shit outa me

      1. that happened to me sorta exept it was like 1 in the morning and i just got up and went to turn off my computer cause i saw it was on and i moved my mouse and suddenly the picture apears i looked at then blinked and blinked again and screamed once my tired brain regestered what the hell this was (cousin took over my computer that night and forgot to turn it off)

      2. Well, when I was reading, just when I got to the picture, I heard a pop by my window. I cant stop playing upbeat music now.

    4. I will agree with you that this story was pretty well written and that I enjoyed it. But it was really creepy. I know it’s a Creepy Pasta but it was still a lot to handle. Congratulations to the person who made this! I will have nightmares for the next three days! :)

      1. im 12 and this doesnt seem creepy/scary at all. i find ghost,demons,anything paranormal very interesting however maybe that is because i have never been in a scary situation.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top