MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.45 Rating (64 votes)
- The Man on Easter Island ★ 9.29 Rating (17 votes)
- Zero ★ 9.28 Rating (18 votes)
- Breach ★ 9.25 Rating (20 votes)
- “Don’t ever let them in.” ★ 9.17 Rating (23 votes)
- Crying Numbers ★ 9.17 Rating (23 votes)
- The Story of Her Holding an Orange: Part Five ★ 9.14 Rating (14 votes)
- The Sealed Building ★ 9.14 Rating (21 votes)
- A Sailor Without Two Coins ★ 9.14 Rating (28 votes)
- A Slight Misunderstanding ★ 9.14 Rating (28 votes)
- Maisie Went Missing Last Year ★ 9.14 Rating (154 votes)
Of all the discussion posts we’ve had across the years, November 2012’s “Which Creepypasta Would You Like to See as a Movie?” is one of our most popular: it still receives comments and has breached the 1000 comment milestone (a feat only shared by March 2013’s “What Do You Most Fear?”).
Given that enthusiasm the community clearly has for imagining their favorite stories as movies or television shows, let’s indulge ourselves a little bit further: how would you fan cast your favorite Creepypastas?
For those of you not familiar with the concept of fan casting, it’s something particularly common in book, video game and comic fandoms – basically, a fan comes up with a list (usually accompanied by snappy graphics/gifs and/or some thoughtful reasoning for their decision) as to which celebrities they’d want to see portray their favorite characters from the series in question. You can see some examples here and here.
A few of you did venture into this territory on the movie post, but let’s jump in fully to the topic here. Let us know who you would personally cast as the characters in various creepypasta, and please tell us why as well! If you want to include pictures as well, that’s fine, just make sure that they are work-safe.
Please don’t limit yourself to the ‘big name’ pastas – if there are any lesser-known stories that have resonated with you enough that you can imagine them fully played out on film, please share your thoughts! I’d like for this post to be more than 5000 Jeff fan-casts, so let’s expand our discussion beyond the predictable, cookie-cutter Creepypasta character roster, please.
As always, have fun and keep things civil!