Advertisement
Please wait...

Scream of the End



Estimated reading time — 7 minutes

The usual stories about MineCraft will always go to Herobrine, about how he lives and he’s a lot more than code. But have you ever wondered about the Endermen, and whether there are any secrets about them? Everyone who has played MineCraft is well familiar with them by now, and while they can be hard to find in the overworld, many have visited their home in the End. Of course, they aren’t hostile unless you look at them or attack them. For this reason, quite a few people consider them friendly and like them. Personally, I’ve always found them creepy and killed them whenever i could. They are based off of Slender Man, after all. Well, being as strong as they are, regular players know that if you run into one right after you spawn, you run for water. For some reason, Notch decided to code them with a fear of water, and whoever thought anything bad could happen with water, right?

Well, water is the whole reason this mess started. I haven’t even attempted to start up my game since then. I was playing on my regular world, a server that my friends and I had started. We had plenty of houses built, a seemingly unlimited supply of diamond and gold, and the Ender Dragon was defeated. There really wasn’t much to do in the world anymore, so you had to get very creative. My friends and I, we were creative enough, and we understood the game very well. Aaron was our redstone guy. If you needed anything powered, he found a way to build it and make it better than any tutorial could ever tell you. Myself, I made a majority of the buildings, and even started working on a city. We had a few guys who would work on supplies, planting, and harvesting anything that was needed. Lastly, we had Graham. He did all the magical stuff. Potions, enchanting, and he had us build him a mob trap so he could get an outrageous amount of experience whenever he wanted to. Of course we had the randoms who would join, the occasional troll, and sometimes we would have someone new join our group as a regular. We had all fought the Ender Dragon before, and we could do it fairly quick. Aaron, I, and majority of the group would take out the crystals and fight the dragon. Graham, however, would stay underground working up potions for the battle and have the rest do deliveries. He wasn’t too fond of Endermen either. That’s why he made us bring water buckets to the End. He stayed in the middle of the water, where the Endermen couldn’t get him. That’s where I got my whole idea from.

One day when I was had nothing else to do, I decided to get on the server. It had been about two weeks since the Ender Dragon was beaten, and we hadn’t really gone to the End since then. We had a little trap that was set up with torches and sand that would send anyone who walked onto it into the End, but it was mostly just to make them panic. Well I had the great idea of using the End to farm Ender Pearls. I was planning on using Graham’s idea with the buckets in order to do it, but on a massive scale. I had every intention on flooding the End. With the help of an inventory editor and the /fly command, I started. Of course this was the only time I was using such things, as I made sure our whole server was legit. However, I was the only person on, and I figured everyone would have a good laugh out of the fact that I flooded the home of the Endermen. As I started going, a good portion of the floating island they called home was filling up quickly. You would hear them panic and teleport away every time they would get splashed, and the occasional scream from when they decided to go swimming for too long. It’s amusing how much determination to live a simple computer AI can give a being. As the rest of the island started to fill up, they became very crafty on their spawns. Many were going under the island on little ledges, but as soon as I saw them, they would be swept away from the water and fall into the Void. I kept going until there was a little square in the center, and the obsidian platform I spawned in on. They were pushing each other for what little, precious space they had left, and one would fall off the platform or into the water every few seconds. I made a few more trips around the island, filling up any spots I missed and finishing off any stragglers that found a comfy spot to sit in. One had even found a spot buried in the ground, in a four tall tunnel, until I flooded him out. This all took till about 1 o’clock in the morning, and I was happy I was able to finish by the night’s end. After I was sure I had filled every dry spot up, I filled up the square in the center. Many of the Endermen just swam until you heard the death scream and they fell, while a few of them managed to teleport to the platform. I decided to have a little fun, at first flooding the edges and watching them push each other into the water and off of the level. This left only four. This just compelled me to get it over with and flood the center, which I did, causing three of the four to fall off the platform. The one remaining Enderman stayed jumping in the center, and slowly his health was being chipped away. Finally, he fell to the floor and screamed. But it wasn’t the normal death scream I had grown accustomed to during my trip. It was glitching. Slowed down. Then it would start over, skip, and drag out even more. Eventually the rest of the game took suit, and I was unable to move. The sound repeated itself, as did his body falling to the floor, that is, until, “MineCraft has run out of memory.” MineCraft then crashes, as does Java.

As many people do when something like that happens, I started up both the server and MineCraft again. I figured it was just a glitch due to the massive amount of water running and the loot that was on the ground from the Endermen dying. I put in my IP address in the multiplayer and click connect. “Error: World not found”. Shit, I thought, as I knew that the crash had corrupted the files. Luckily I backed up the world right before we fought the dragon. I grabbed my external, copied over the files, and loaded it right up. Even though I couldn’t fix all that was lost, I figured I’d go back and fight the dragon again before bed. Thanks to Graham, I had armor and weapons with any enchantment possible, as well as potions that would last me years of battle. I get over to the portal, jump down the hole, and the End loads right up. However, something is wrong. As I look for the Ender Dragon, I see nothing in the air. The crystals are on the tower, but no dragon to feed off of them. I notice next that the Endermen are gone as well. I get on the island, walk around a bit, until eventually I’m hit. I look up and see that the crystals are chaining to what I would presume to be the dragon. He was invisible. So the world just didn’t load properly. I save, exit both programs, restart my computer, and get right back into it. The dragon is there, but the Endermen are still absent. Easier fight, as I don’t have to worry about looking in the wrong direction and having to ward off a pissed off Enderman. 20 minutes later, I shoot the last arrow into the dragon and he floats in the air, and the egg drops onto the fountain. I run over there so I can get out of the End, but another strange occurrence. The End portal that usually fills the fountain is now just the same texture as water. A bucket wouldn’t pick it up like normal water though. This just led me to think my .jar file was corrupted, and I hop in. Eventually it functions just as the normal End portal would, except I hear the death scream to the Enderman again. Not just once, but over, and over, and over. The portal finally works, but it isn’t what I expected. Black. Then, “MineCraft has run out of memory.”

Advertisements

I reinstall all the files, including the world for another time, and the game starts up without a hitch. I get back to the portal and hop in. This time, it is not the End that awaits me. Instead, it seems like an endless room. I can still see, but it’s just a faint glow around me. I walk forward, thinking it could be the End and something like a potion of blindness is stopping me from seeing it. The faint globe of light is all I can see, and the only source of light in my room as well. The platform doesn’t end in a few blocks though, and the obsidian continues, shattering my hopes of being in the End. The obsidian floor keeps going in all directions, so I follow a straight line. I walk, and the sound start. My footsteps first, but then the sound of blocks being placed. As I go forward the faint sound of Enderman begins, and increases. First, just the normal grunts. Then, they sound as if they are agitated. The sounds become much more frequent. It gets louder as if there is a whole hoard chasing me but they refuse to catch me. I start to see the purple pixels as if they are teleporting themselves and me. Then it stops. A few seconds and steps later, one comes flying at the screen, and the death scream goes at full volume. This makes me literally jump and let go of the keyboard and mouse. Silence. It doesn’t start up again until I move the mouse. One more sound, a light grunt, as if they are letting me know they are in the darkness, just out of my sight. I go forward again, clicking my mouse, hoping to hit one of them, or a wall, or anything. The pattern starts over, the sounds, the pixels, and the scare. I didn’t stop moving though, and neither did they. It continues. Escape, alt+f4, they don’t have any function. Unplugging the computer is out of the question, as I refuse to risk my equipment. I keep going, hoping it ends. After about three minutes of the cycle, it does. I’m teleported one last time, unable to move. The Enderman on the screen stares straight into my eyes. Water surrounds my character, and after the 20 seconds, he begins to drown. “You are dead.” In the background, the Enderman still looks with his stoic appearance, not even flinching as much as an inch. Five seconds later, the computer powers down without warning, and I’m left in the dark.

The next day, I send my friend the files for the world. They play the game without any flaws, gone to the End and even got a few pearls. I refuse to. I don’t even have the files on my computer anymore. Did a complete wipe of the hard drive. MineCraft became more than a game that night. It’s a lot more than a simple AI controlling a few entities. Definitely more than a glitch. These games and entities that form on our fears, they do that and much more. It’s a lot more than just simple coding now. The Endermen, they do hold a grudge. They have a fear, and it is not something to taunt them with. They are aware, and they will make sure you become well aware of them and their presence.

Advertisements

Credit To – The Magic Merker

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

133 thoughts on “Scream of the End”

  1. I freaking hate minecraft, that mo-fo addictive game stole my brother and a friend of mine… But still, this story was compelling. I had to Google what the endermen look like, but still… Creepy.

    But, i found the ending lacking. It’s probably because I don’t play, but still…

    As best I can tell, this is a fantastic story, with an epic ending, but since I don’t play minecraft it didn’t scare me. But the narrative alone prompted me to allocate 8 stars :)

  2. Believe this creepypasta. I covered some of the End in water and I started to hear that warped and messed up enderman noise, repeating itself… for a few seconds until I exited cause it scared the S*** out of me because I was actually testing this creepypasta to see if it was true. Believe this, and most other creepypasta’s. My life just got A LOT harder, and that scream still rings in my mind, because I just got back from experiencing that.

  3. Anonymous:
    i did it nothing happened but enderman killing me even when i dont look at them or hit them

    thats because endermen attack when they are damged by anything they will attakc the nearest player or mob.
    They will also attack during a rainstorm if you are standing in a desert next to the biome where its raining and an enderman was hit by the rain and teleports next to you they will attack you.

  4. You should not have flooded my comrades. They were the only friends I had, how dare you kill them for your amusement! I, Herobrine, brother of Notch, swear to find you and make your game hell!!

  5. Whenever I get the long enderman scream and they are still screaching after they die it sounds like one is going to run me over on a motorbike. *vvvvvvrrrrrrrooooooooooossssscccccc*

  6. iive tried this misconception multiple time on xbox and pc (3 times each no cheats) but nothing happened id say fake or a troll

  7. This story definitely deserves some acknowledgement because it was a spur of the moment idea and turned out kinda creepy. I hacked my little brother’s Minecraft and flooded the End, and I had an extremely similar experience. Endermen are, in a way, scarier than a Slenderman burrito with Candle Jack peppers and Jeff the Killer Sauce.

  8. “Minecraft has run out of memory” I recommend next time you assign more than a single Gigabyte of memory. That could have been your problem. Good story though.

  9. I flooded end on Xbox it pissed of endermen but before i did this i destroyed the portal (accident) and suddenly i couldn’t get out i tried falling countless times sadly it was my best creative map and I had to delete it :-(

  10. Its true o~o my friend tried it but got a different experience, they are more than just code… i dont even wanna try it now

  11. Ok first i want to say that guys NetherMiner101 is going to join youtube might not be for a good long while but when i do finally get everything i need im going to definitely be playing minecraft doing mod reveiws alot of survivle with the DayZ mod and especially some other fun things as well im even going to try to get the most ultimate bro ever thats right im going to attempt a dual commentary with pewdiepie so guys definitely watch for me because when i get everything set up your going to be seeing alot of me im also going to be making some mods as well if and when i get modbuilder for minecraft because i have some amazing mod ideas ever i will review them and be using them a whole lot in minecraft so guys until next time NetherMiner101 says lets get to digging minecraft style PIECE

  12. Mr. Narwhal does not like to be a sad face but, this pasta made mr. Narwhal very sad.
    “This pasta isn’t as good as others because well, I made a list
    1, this shows obsession. ( I’m ok with that but it’s a bit ridiculous)
    2, this only seems to me as a computer problem not strange
    3, enderman are ok : D but, they are based off of slender man witch is kinda steeling idea? (No it’s not)
    MR. NARWHAL THINKS THIS PASTA IS GREAT AND THE GUY WHO MADE THIS SHOULD KEEPAKING PASTAS

  13. This is a great creepypasta, instead of showing the endermen as just slenderman spinoffs this story pretty much gives them their own personality other then just Slenderman’s traits you know? Makes them seem alot different than him. Im glad its not about “oh man i saw herobrine and fought heem and he diyed but hez moyore then just coooode hez hiz 0wn man.”

  14. Hey everyone, Magic here. So glad to be seeing this story rating as high as it is after 1,000 reviews. Thanks to everyone for the critiques, good and bad. It’ll help me with my next few. I should be submitting a few more stories in the upcoming days, and here’s to hoping they’ll make the cut. Keep an eye out for those. Again, thank you all for the support and criticisms, and iI’ll catch you the next time around.

  15. Obviously, some ideas in this work are taken from Orson Scott Card’s Ender’s Game. The idea the game was made from fears, “the End,” and the server all give this impression. I wondered if anyone would take note of this.

  16. Endermen are my all time favorite mob in Minecraft. Best. Mob. Ever. I feel bad for Endermen when it rains so I turn the rain off. <3 Endermen.

  17. WhatDoesTheFoxSay:
    I’m sorry, but… NOBODY. CARES. Your comment is not about this amazing pasta… So. Should it even be a comment? NU! Anyways, what teacher would allow minecraft? Like… I am amazed by educational providers these days. Now, your OTHER comment is better. :)

    surprisingly alot of teachers allow mine craft. just the other day my sister told me of this thing called minecraft club. teachers host it as students play it over lunch and in class when work is finished.

    on topic: I love this creepypasta. better than herobrine in my opinion

  18. creative, neat, and really nice to see a new kind of Minecraft creepypasta that doesnt revolve around Herobrine. A little bit too suddle, making the phenomenon odd, but not creepy/scary.

  19. Love this story, it put a whole new twist on the enderman from Minecraft, even though they were creepy enough. My personal favourite mob is the enderman, so I found this story to be evem more intriging. I will definately be reccommending this story to all of my pasta-loving friends.
    I think that this story is now my personal favourite.
    10/10 :)

  20. This is the weirdest freakin’ crap ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  21. Seems strange I did the exact same before I read the story and nothing happened :| But I liked it a lot. Great job! 9/10 from me because I don’t think minecraft can be scary, but you brought it to light in this pasta.

  22. Wow for once there is a minecraft creepypasta that does not belong in creepypasta and also another win you didn’t use hyperrealistic :D

  23. I hate herobrine

    I want to talk to you. I had the same experience. but not when they wee in the water too long. I simply LOOKED at them, and they started attacking me, which when that scream you heard. IT happened. it was not raining that time. but even stranger, My minecraft never ran out of memory. And it will be repetitive every time I look at them. You aren’t alone with this ghost/glitch man.

  24. Ok so I think that the ‘Minecraft ran out of memory’ is cliche, and well i feel it can use some editing but i know for a fact the wouldn’t spawn anyway just for all the water, but really its a good creepypasta anyway just think it needs a bit more work thats all, but all’n’all its a good creepypasta

  25. Socially Awkward Ghost

    You know how to make it up to them? play the “cat” disk on the jukebox and throw a huge Enderman party

  26. I flooded the end about 2 months before reading this. The endermen were pissed, but they didnt do anything extreme like in this story.

  27. Random Dude Of Luck

    now this is the second reason i don’t play on survival all the time. I usually play on creative because of…
    I’m immune to Herobrine on creative mode.
    Mobs could make a revolution and use me for food sources? xD

  28. Normally I hate ‘haunted game’ pastas, the concept is all the same and minecraft ones are normally the worst, but although the concept is extremely generic, the writing style made me absolutely love it, showing your reaction about how you ‘jumped’ made me imagine what it would be like and the sentence about how it was ‘more than a glitch’ gave me chills…
    8/10, that’s one tasty pasta you got there

  29. Jokermecreeper

    This is great, I’m going to try it and film it, if it works I’ll send you the link.
    (I WILL be on creative, and yes, I know, I will be putting my minecraft in jepordy. KK Bye.)
    Rated: 10/10

  30. This is excellent!!! I loved how you don’t go on a ton of clichés and you just go on something completely original! I also like how you made it so you treated like the ai was actually a creature that can hold grudges! over 9000 out of 10.

  31. OMG I actually dont ever get the ‘normal’ enderman death scream! I ALWAYS get the glitched out drawn out one! O.o

    1. I got the usual death scream when accidentally pushed a enderman in the water… I do not get what you mean by *drawn out* death scream(also my favorite mobs are Mr. Endy , Wolfie , cheetah ,and moo moos)
      And I for one actually treat the endermen as a player and I have never spilled water on them unless it was on my worlds that I made surrounded by water…

  32. Somthing similar happend to me… I was playing call of duty, except I realized the bots (AI bots to replace actual people) were… Adapting. They start camping and quick scoping out of no where… It was almost as if they were human…

    1. I like Blazes they majestic budder creature. The mob i hate the most are SQUIDS. SKY I HOPE UR PROUD OF ME!!!!!!! lol i just jizzed my pants.

  33. Yes this is an amazing pasta and my first Minecraft pasta as well, like others have said 10/10 but I still love Herobrine for the fact that he is Herobrine

  34. My specialty is building as well. Last year my teacher gave us these things he called minecraft challenges and all of my friends would just go like they were working with me. We had minecraft on our iPads. That’s how we worked.

    1. WhatDoesTheFoxSay

      I’m sorry, but… NOBODY. CARES. Your comment is not about this amazing pasta… So. Should it even be a comment? NU! Anyways, what teacher would allow minecraft? Like… I am amazed by educational providers these days. Now, your OTHER comment is better. :)

    2. I thought that was actually pretty cool. MInecraft in school. Wish my school even used the ipads they have. Anyway, that’s pretty awesome

  35. Diego Parada-Lopez

    When I played Minecraft PC for the first time, well I saw an Enderman and flipped out. But sometimes I stare at them from far, and mystified at their origins.

  36. IMO, there are two questions that serve as benchmarks for gamingpastas: a) can an outsider, with little knowledge of the game, understand the main thrust of creepiness? b) does the creepiness matter? I thought this pasta answered both questions with a tentative ‘yes’.

    The plot is rather simple (game glitch -> weirdness), but the particulars were interesting: I thought the bits about Enderman genocide and how their AI adapted to the situation were especially interesting; we expect them to stand and die but they squirm and run – eventually, they fight back, like any sentient being would.

    This pasta matters by appealing to our fear of uncontrollable creations: it is in the code, how a simple routine to preserve life can lead to grudges and revenge; they’re in control, and they’re out to punish us. This adds a layer of implied creepiness: how many more entities will rebel against us? Can a simple line of code lead to that?

    I could understand the broad strokes of the plot, but the details lost me. They were rather insider: the Ender Dragon and crystals, traps and redstones; I felt that the author could’ve spared a few sentences to explain. The pasta is also innocently, completely bereft of characterization, as the people involved are barely mentioned, reducing them to another small detail – certainly not enough to matter. A more substantial cast would’ve driven the creepy further.

    Overall, an interesting if rather tentative gamingpasta. 6.5/10

    1. well there are selected audiences one of the key things of a product are the target audience. no one will barge in and say “this is so boring i don’t know any of this” the story is just for a selected community or individual who can relate any contents found in the product, the key terms are there the settings the flaw is there, everything connects which makes the small details a key to the plot. as a critique, the story and it’s structure is constructed bits by bits making a tension to the story itself. the flaw is well delivered and concise, the terms used for the story is understandable to the target audience, the falling action was well delivered with descriptions of the actions making its connection to the characters and the plot more stronger and it was short but concise. emotions in the story were delivered well starting with light then medium and heavy then end with medium emotions again making it intense even after you read it. so far i have no concern but you were right about the details it will make people lost and other than that i had no concerns and what so ever he made a pretty good story

  37. DUDE! GREAT TO HEAR A MINECRAFT STORY OTHER THAN HEROBRINE! But ender men are my personal favorite mob… lol

  38. So, after reading this for the very first time; I am indeed “intrigued” by this and I almost had the urge to do the exact same thing… flood the end.

    But sadly, because I do not own Minecraft for my PC (since my PC is too slow anyways); I couldn’t do that. Although I could not take part in this amazing creepypasta, I do believe this is one of the creepiest Minecraft pastas I have ever read… it makes Herobrine seem like nothing more than a faint memory.

    -10/10 voted

        1. Huh, Coundt find the comment here thing, so I replye to anonymous . This is pretty good, I could beleive it.

    1. This creepypasta lets us know that endermen are not just a slenderman ripoff. They can be a nightmare, if they are in a creepypasta that is.

    2. ..how..? just how is this even creepy? Yeah I get that “Enderman” come back for “revenge”
      but still…if this is the “creepiest Minecraft pasta” then im sure the rest are all just CRAP.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top