Advertisement
Please wait...

Residual



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

Concealed by rock and magma, there is a place which harbors an unimaginable secret. It is completely invisible from the empty sky, the cluttered earth and the chaotic seas. No matter how hard you look, how far you search, or how deep you venture, you will never find it. At a time, there may have been a passage leading there, an entrance through which one could enter; but I guarantee you that it does not exist anymore. There is no use exploring in an attempt to discover this place and neither is there any use in waiting for it to be revealed naturally over time, for the earth itself shall crumble before the rock encasing it corrodes.

There have only ever been a select few people there in all eternity, and after they left, they ensured that no other would ever be able to return. Or rather, they ensured that nothing would escape. For you see, this place was not chosen to be a fortress (though it could be defined as such), it was selected and then designed to be a prison; to contain. The secrecy and impenetrability of this place was a measure not meant to withhold secrets (though it does), it was a seal meant to protect the entirety of life.

Incarcerated in this archaic place of ancient stone and forgotten secrets is something far worse than anything mankind has dared to imagine. It is more dangerous than a supernova, more frightening than the most primordial legends and more powerful than any god.

Advertisements

Its motives are beyond the understanding of human minds and its appearance is enough to make any blind man go mad. To try and understand it would be like attempting to imagine a color you have never seen.

It is the inspiration behind demons and devils, the puppeteer of war and the seed of corruption, the absolute void of madness. For even from within its prison, it still reaches out; calling to us, bringing us ever closer to its malevolent grasp.

How it came to be is entirely unknown, a secret that it alone with holds from mortal knowledge. It can be said, however, that it is not of our creation and we are not of its.

It is neither alive or dead, only everlasting and infinite in its existence and boundless in its putrid influence.

Advertisements

Whether or not it will be our doom cannot be seen, though I suspect it will be. For no matter how far we venture from it, the footprint of its power will forever be embedded into our unconscious.

And eons after humanity has become extinct and the earth has become nothing more than asteroids blindly wandering the universe, there it shall remain; in its prison, residual for all eternity. It will forever be the sole survivor, yet never a victim; only a lone destroyer with a purpose that shall be perpetually unknown and indiscernible to mere mortal minds.

Advertisements
Advertisements

Credit: Zyon J. (a.k.a. Zyon Johnson) (EmailCreepypasta WikiFacebook • Wattpad)

This story was submitted to Creepypasta.com by a fellow reader. To submit your own creepypasta tale for consideration and publication to this site, visit our submissions page today.

 

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

14 thoughts on “Residual”

  1. S.T.S.L.B.T.H.A.S.

    HH HA HA HA HA HA! You all are so blind. Do you not see? It is already free! It’s power is so great, that while It still is imprisoned It can still reach out to us and influence our every action. No prison could truly hold It!

  2. stilbourne:
    I couldn’t even finish reading this… Its not that its bad, a little wordy, but I like my descriptors. How can something so dangerous be seen by a “chosen few?” How can something more powerful than a super nova, be contained anywhere on earth. Those things create black holes. Well written, needs different descriptors.

    I think you’re missing the point. These descriptors are so contradictory because this thing and it’s prison are incomprehensible by the mortal mind. All these descriptors are just the closest thing we can comprehend to what is is actually like.

  3. HelloThisIsDog456

    Not at all creepy and a bit pointless, it reminds me of Lovecraft kind of with Cthulu and all the other Ancient Ones. But not scary and a lot shorter

  4. The Pasta Wizard

    I found this to be a tad bit confusing. A being with infinite power being contained? Seems a bit contradicting to me. You had a good story here, add a little more backstory to it and elaborate on the creature a bit more and it could be a fine pasta.

  5. This pasta left me wondering a few things. If this being is so powerful, how can it be contained by rock? Some kind of containment spell? The author states that the being is never a victim, but it’s encased in rock that it cannot escape. If the earth becomes nothing more than asteroids it will still remain in it’s prison. It’s the most powerful and powerless being. I’m not afraid of it, because there is no chance that I can get to it and it cannot escape.

  6. ThisIsANameForAComment

    Is what is inside this “prison” Chuck Norris on vacation while he’s deciding who or what to roundhouse next?

    1. Chuck Norris was born May 6, 1945; Nazi Germany surrendered May 7, 1945: coincidence; I think not.

      Chuck Norris kills two stones with one bird.

      Chuck Norris doesn’t need cyber enhancements to beat me.

      Chuck Norris simply walks into Mordor.

      and the best one ever: Chuck Norris can win an argument with a woman.

  7. I couldn’t even finish reading this… Its not that its bad, a little wordy, but I like my descriptors. How can something so dangerous be seen by a “chosen few?” How can something more powerful than a super nova, be contained anywhere on earth. Those things create black holes. Well written, needs different descriptors.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top