Advertisement
Please wait...

Power Cut



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

James arrived home late at night. He unlocked his front door and stepped into the darkness of his apartment. “Hey honey, I got that early flight home! I’m in the bedroom, there’s been a power cut.” James was surprised but happy to hear his girlfriend’s voice. She had been away for a few days on a business trip. “Ok, I’ll be right there.” He stumbled through the darkness and into the bedroom. He carefully made his way over to the bed before sitting down. “Hey sweetheart.” he said as he felt his girlfriend’s arms wrap around him. “Jesus Abigail, you’re freezing.” He shuddered as he felt her cold skin against him. “I know, the heating has been off for hours. Come on baby, get in bed and help me warm up.” She said, attempting to put on a cute voice. James got undressed and placed his phone on the bedside table before climbing into bed. He removed his glasses and moved close to Abigail. He was startled for a moment when his phone began to ring. He picked it up and looked at it but didn’t recognise the number. He brought it to his ear and answered. “Hello?”

“Hey honey it’s me, I’m still at the airport. I couldn’t get that flight but I’ll be able to get one soon. I’ll probably be home by morning… Hello? James?”

He felt an icy hand grip his shoulder.

Advertisements
Advertisements

Credit To – Jonthulhu

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

28 thoughts on “Power Cut”

  1. Well, since my name is Abigail, and my SO is James, and we live together I think I’ve decided to not ever go anywhere again

  2. Im surprised no else mentioned the fact that he would know his girlfriends voice. But then again i guess we are supposed to suspend our disbelief to enjoy.

  3. I liked it, I love the short ones that end like this, where its obvious what happened, but still leaves much to the imagination. While it does remind me of one I’ve read in the past, it does have hold its own compared to the other. I liked it very much.

  4. These are my favorite. Especially the one where the guy cuddles up to his wife’s murderer and finds the note the next morning that says to turn on the light next time and his dead wife. I always double check that my daughter is the one in her bed and my husband in mine.

  5. It was a decent story. Not too bad but not that great. Sounds somehwat like a story wrote a while ago called Paramour. You can find it on my youtube channel if you care a all.

    1. Could you direct me to some of these stories? I’ve never heard of anything like this, but I’m starting to get worried because I wrote a story that is kind of similar in concept a while back.

  6. I don’t know, this story has been done to death – in all it’s variations. Nothing about this story makes it stand out among the others.

  7. I’d grip his shoulder with my icy hand too if he got a call and it was another woman! Just kidding… I know what the author is trying to say. Another case of deadly mistaken identity.

  8. I actually found this one very intriguing. There was no blood and gore (yet I suppose), but it was still the right amount of creepy.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top