In Portland, Oregon in 1981, an unheard-of new arcade game appeared in several suburbs, something of a rarity at the time. This game was called “Polybius”. The game proved to be incredibly popular, to the point of addiction, and queues formed around the machines, quickly followed by clusters of visits from men in black. Rather than the usual marketing data collected by company visitors to arcade machines, they collected some unknown data, allegedly testing responses to the psychoactive machines. The players themselves suffered from a series of unpleasant side-effects — amnesia, insomnia, nightmares, night terrors, and suicide appearing as having been caused by the game in various versions of the legend. Some players stopped playing video games, while it is reported that one became an anti-gaming activist.
Search The Sites
Browse By Category
- Announcements (41) (hide)
- Artifacts & Objects (138) (hide)
- Beings & Entities (638) (hide)
- Creepypasta Book Club (2) (hide)
- Creepypasta Contests (8) (hide)
- Discussion Posts (29) (hide)
- Dreams & Madness (249) (hide)
- Locations & Sites (192) (hide)
- Murders & Deaths (311) (hide)
- Rites & Rituals (135) (hide)
- Strange & Unknown (484) (hide)
- Uncategorized (1) (hide)
This Week's Active Posts
• Comments: 11 • Twitter: 5
• Comments: 12 • Twitter: 4
13The Monster in the Walls
• Comments: 8 • Twitter: 5
9Who is Mary Weatherworth and What is She Doing in Your Mirror?
• Comments: 5 • Twitter: 4
4Elegy for Devil’s Lake
• Comments: 1 • Twitter: 3
- November 2014 Discussion Post: Creepy Comic Books + Related Giveaway!
November 1, 2014
- October 2014 Discussion Post: Halloween! Halloween!
October 1, 2014
- September 2014 Discussion Post: Which Non-Horror Stories Have Creeped You Out & Why?
September 1, 2014
- August 2014 Discussion Post: Cryptozoology Chat
August 1, 2014
- July 2014 Discussion Post: Creepy Anime & Horror Manga
July 1, 2014