Advertisement
Please wait...

Party Crashing



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

Halloween is by far my favorite time of the year, the one wonderful day where walking around with a mask on is socially acceptable. Masks hold quite a unique place in society. A mask can transform anyone into something else, turn an actor into a character, hide the ‘secret identity’ of a superhero, or even allow monsters to walk among men. You never know what’s behind a mask until it’s taken off, but that’s the best part of Halloween; no one is going to take off anyone’s mask. There is no gang of teenagers with their talking dog there to strip away my disguise and reveal the truth underneath. No, this is reality, and on Halloween I’m perfectly able to hide in plain sight.

Of course, wearing a mask has its own special meaning for me; I am not an actor, super hero, or even a monster- not in the fictional terms at least- no, I simply use a mask as a means of entry. Any mask works really, so long as it covers my face; I manage to use a different one every year. All I need to do is walk the streets of my suburban neighborhood, weave my way through various decorations, and dodge packs of trick-or-treaters, until I hear the familiar blaring of loud music. Like a sailor to a siren at sea, I’m drawn to the music, to the party that it emanates from; yes, this is why Halloween is wonderful.

No one seems to ever ask questions at the door to a Halloween party, all I really need to do is knock and wave when the door opens- the mask makes people just assume I’m there for the party. Hell, sometimes people just leave their front doors wide open- allowing even easier access to their home. On Halloween no one gives a second glance towards a masked man making his way through their midst, which is what makes my hobby oh so fun.

Advertisements
Advertisements

They are completely oblivious as I approach their food. They continue to chatter and gossip as I add my own special ingredient to their bowl of punch. They continue to dance and play as I stab small, sharp, needles into their chocolates and sweets. It is not until their first friend drops to the floor, either choking on my poison or coughing up bloody needles, that people start to panic. It is the same every year; as soon as I leave the party and hear the chaos rising behind me, an unstoppable grin forms under my mask. Screams of terror are such a pleasant noise for such a pleasant holiday.

Advertisements

Credit: Teddy

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

23 thoughts on “Party Crashing”

  1. I liked this story a lot. It’s short and “sweet!” No reason for a lot of fluff or background information. Give me the meat and potatoes and I’ll be satisfied!

  2. Joseph Edward IV

    The writing craft here is fun and certainly good, but the content is a little hollow. I’m not a huge fan of the “Inside the Mind of a Psychopath” sub-genre, but other are. That said, I don’t feel it would be fair to rate it lower than a 7 because I don’t like the genre. Instead, I’ll give you a 7 out of 10 for some fun writing! Happy Halloween! Well, 5 days from now, at least.

  3. “There is no gang of teenagers with their talking dog there to strip away my disguise and reveal the truth underneath.”

    This was a reference to Scooby-Doo. GG, man. How did nobody else get this, though?

    Anyways, interesting pasta. Certainly could happen on Halloween, and it’s quite likely for it to happen yearly in America.

    1. You aren’t the only person to catch it. I caught it as well, I just didn’t mention it. It did make me smile, granted, seeing it written there.

    2. hay der bubbascal,

      who are GG i herd of scooby dooby but no GG exept gg allin now he creepy!!! whoa caracters!!

  4. I disagree with Sam. I can see some sick bastard trying something like this. I only hope I’m not there. Ugh. *shiver* 10/10 for the short, yet painful mind f*ck.

  5. Certainly, certainly! I was exaggerating there, but the point I was making was more it doesn’t really mean anything. Sure he does it for enjoyment, but what does it amount to? It doesn’t have any affect on me – be it tension, intrigue, disgust – since we have such little context.

  6. Honestly it’s not scary nor in any way a pasta. This happens yearly in cities. It just falls flat unless there is more behind it.

    1. This does not happen anually. There are not any actual reported events of things like razor blades in candy apples, it’s all just old wives tales.

  7. It’s difficult to rate this one. I mean on one hand the language used is alright, but on the other hand it’s rather short and it really isn’t scary at all, not to mention we don’t really know why this person/creature is poisoning people other than “I murder people because murder is scary”. Somebody did apparently like it, though, because even after being up for only 3 minutes it’s already gotten a 10/10 rating!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top