Advertisement
Please wait...

Of Dreams and Shadows



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

“The suspect of the Pied Piper murders was last seen in the woodland area south of Bircham. They are known to lure young children out into the area, before removing their eyes in what police have described as a ritualistic act. If you have any information please do not hesitate to contact us on.”

A soft click and the radio went silent. The night felt heavy all around the stolen police cruiser, but she had been given little choice. They wouldn’t listen, they accused her of the death of her child, but it had been him… it… The Piper.

It had come and stolen her little girl in the night but they wouldn’t listen. So she escaped their lies and took matters into her own hands. The officer had been easy to deceive, thinking her a damsel in distress she managed to disarm him of his tazer and turn it on him.

Now sitting with a knife and his firearm on the seat beside her, a .357 Magnum revolver, she watched the trees of the Bircham woods sway with each gust of wind.

Waited.
Silently.
Patiently.

Before long she saw what she had been so patiently waiting for. A shadow moved through the woods, it carried a small lantern and behind it a pair of smaller shadows followed it. She smirked to herself, sliding the gun into its holster on her thigh and the knife into its sheath on the other thigh, she walked into the woodland.

In the distance the lantern flickered as it swung to the momentum of each step. Darting behind trees for a moment before playfully reappearing, she walked along behind it, always closing the distance between them.

Tonight she got her little girl back, whatever the cost.

Advertisements

Her bare feet made almost no noise in the lush grass beneath her feet. The wind blew in her direction, keeping her scent away from the Piper. Everything was playing to her favour.

Advertisements

She reached the little camp where a small fire burned, deep in the woods. A short, thin creature stood watching the two children who seemed very calm and where chattering away excitedly. Its grey skin glistened in the firelight as the flames danced, its empty eye sockets seemed to absorb the very night itself.

She gently thumbed back the hammer of the gun as a high wind blew; using it to cover the soft click that told her it was cocked. Placing the weapon to the back of its head she fired, shattering its skull into fragments that sprayed over the camp, dampening the fire for a moment.

Advertisements

The children, now terrified, looked up at her. The gun still smoking, their father lay dead in a pool of his own blood. “Why are you in our back yard?” The older child asked through tears and horror. A light inside the house came on.

“Sshh. It’s ok.” She crooned to them, “I just need your eyes,” she told them pulling the blade free.

Credit To: Saintstorm

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

18 thoughts on “Of Dreams and Shadows”

  1. The Pied Piper has always terrified me, amazing twisted addition to the classic tale. 10/10 for bringing that fear back to light

    1. the Pied Piper is among us today… it’s drugs… BTW
      Crowley was a big user of both cocaine and herion…

  2. I liked this, I saw the twist as her blaming "The Piper" as the killer of her child, which was really her. And now she seeks revenge, seeing any father with little girls as the original killer. As for her claiming the eyes from children, this goes back to her original tendencies described by the police bulletin in the beginning, citing maybe some schizophrenia or split-personality type problem going on.

    But anyways, tasty pasta is tasty. Could’ve used a little more seasoning, but sometimes simpler is better.

  3. I liked the story but it was sort of strange twist. She already said that the piper took her girl. The fact that she was the one stealing the eyes means that half the story was a lie, or half of the story is still unanswered.

    1. Willard H Wright

      insanity schizophrenia multiple personality disorder you name it the young lady in question might very well have never existed the only thing we are assured of is the madness of the killer as for the story being a lie or not written to ends completion allow the empty spaces to be filled instead by the insanity of the narrator

  4. I really liked it, I thought that was a really good twist. What she really was was just a deleted woman in an altered state or not it wouldn’t matter

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top