Advertisement
Please wait...

November 2016 Discussion Post: Internet Mysteries



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

First of all, you can totally credit Thinking Sideways for this month’s topic. I was first introduced to their podcast by a friend sending me their Lake City Quiet Pills episode. If you haven’t heard of it yet, the Lake City Quiet Pills website is a reddit-centric “internet mystery” and it’s pretty fascinating – the linked podcast does a great job of breaking it down.

Last week, they featured another “creepy internet thing” when they discussed Oct282011.com – click the link to check out the episode in question about this infamously strange and mysterious website.

All of this got me wondering – what other internet mysteries are out there?

I found a few things:

Advertisements

…and I’m sure there’s more out there!

So, let’s talk about this – what’s your favorite creepy internet mystery? Do you have any theories about any of these unsolved cases? Do you know of any other podcasts or YouTube channels or websites that document and discuss this sort of content? Let us know all of your thoughts, and feel free to link anything relevant – just make sure to mark things as NSFW if it applies.

Advertisements

Have fun!

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

8 thoughts on “November 2016 Discussion Post: Internet Mysteries”

  1. Does anyone know of any websites with blog entries such as 1999, with continual updates as someone is attempting to solve a mystery?

  2. My favorite internet mystery is how Mark Zuckerberg dominated Myspace with Facebook. To this day, it still amazes me how a 20 yo college student can become a millionaire and leave old Tom (Everybody’s first Myspace friend) Hanging out to let the ravens feast on his corpse.

    That, and egg noodles. That one never really made sense to me because it’s both part egg and part noodle, yet claims to be completely both. It’s not even shaped like an egg, it’s a squiggly line.
    At the same time, you can’t fry an egg yolk and claim it’s a noodle; But if you take away the egg in “egg noodle” it’s just ‘noodle’, and if you take away the noodle part, it’s just ‘egg’.
    It’s like one cannot thrive without the other, and is actually a truly beautiful romance if you think about it.

    Still troubles me though; but definitely quite the mystery.

  3. Honestly one of my favorite internet mysteries is the Cicada 3301 post from like two three years ago. While i was at school and on the computer, i wouldn’t do my work because I was trying to figure out ways to crack the first clue without acting too suspicious while doing it. Lets just say I didn’t get anywhere but i did get my teacher interested it and she tried to help a bit but it didn’t work. I remember that it died off for a while because they stopped giving clues but they’re back at it again in 2015 and hopefully, we will find out who was making all these clues. Was it a cult? The Government? Some random highschooler? We may never know unless

    You are smart enough to figure it out

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top