Advertisement
Please wait...

November 2014 Discussion Post: Creepy Comic Books + Related Giveaway!



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

Over the past couple year and a half, we’ve slowly been accumulating lists of community recommendations for the best in creepy movies, games, books, and more – here’s the round up of all the related discussion posts thus far:

It’s probably obvious from the post title, but this month we’ll be adding to this series by discussing our favorite creepy comic books!

Please weigh in with your personal top picks for any comics that you can conceivably call ‘creepy’ – this includes topics like horror, zombies (even zombie superheroes!), paranormal and ghosts, esoteric magic and the supernatural, aliens, cryptozoology, etc. If you think that it’s a solid quality book and has themes that you could imagine showing up in a good Creepypasta, feel free to suggest away.

Obviously, please refrain from suggesting horror manga in this post, as that already has its own discussion topic here.

Webcomics are fine to suggest, and if possible, please remember to link to the webcomic’s URL in your comment.

I’ll periodically update this post to make a masterlist of the comic books suggested, as I’ve done with past posts.

As the entry deadline for the comic giveaway has passed, I’m putting the rest of this post under a cut.

CREEPY COMICS GIVEAWAY!

As this month’s giveaway was chosen with the discussion post’s theme in mind, I’m including in this post.

The winner will receive the following:

Advertisements

ONE Paperback copy of John Constantine, Hellblazer, Vol. 1: Original Sins
The very first Hellblazer collection ORIGINAL SINS is available in a new edition that includes John Constantine’s appearances in SWAMP THING. This is the first of a series of new HELLBLAZER editions starring Vertigo’s longest running antihero, John Constantine, England’s chain-smoking, low-rent magus. This first collection is a loosely connected series of tales of John’s early years where Constantine was at his best and at his worst, all at the same time.

Advertisements

ONE Paperback copy of Hellboy, Vol. 10: The Crooked Man and Others
The Eisner Award-winning miniseries The Crooked Man, by Mignola and Richard Corben, teams Hellboy with a wandering hillman in a devilish tale of Appalachian witchcraft. This volume also includes the rare “They Who Go Down to the Sea in Ships” by Mignola, Josh Dysart (B.P.R.D.: 1947), and Jason Shawn Alexander (Abe Sapien: The Drowning), never before available for purchase; Mignola and Duncan Fegredo’s “The Mole,” from Free Comic Book Day 2008; and Mignola’s most recent solo outing, “In the Chapel of Moloch.”

ONE Paperback copy of The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes & Nocturnes
New York Times best-selling author Neil Gaiman’s transcendent series SANDMAN is often hailed as the definitive Vertigo title and one of the finest achievements in graphic storytelling. Gaiman created an unforgettable tale of the forces that exist beyond life and death by weaving ancient mythology, folklore and fairy tales with his own distinct narrative vision. In PRELUDES & NOCTURNES, an occultist attempting to capture Death to bargain for eternal life traps her younger brother Dream instead. After his 70 year imprisonment and eventual escape, Dream, also known as Morpheus, goes on a quest for his lost objects of power. On his arduous journey Morpheus encounters Lucifer, John Constantine, and an all-powerful madman. This book also includes the story “The Sound of Her Wings,” which introduces us to the pragmatic and perky goth girl Death.
Includes issues 1-8 of the original series with completely new coloring, approved by the author.

HOW TO ENTER

Please use the widget at the bottom of this post. Note that the raffle widget may not display properly on mobile – if that is the case, you may enter at this link.

This contest is only open to people 18 years of age or older, and I will only ship to a mailing address in the USA or Canada. This is non-negotiable.

Advertisements

All entries WILL be checked over. This means that if you enter and say that you tweeted but didn’t send the required tweet, that entry will be void. If you enter and say you commented and I can’t confirm it (via email address/IP), that entry will be void. DON’T BOTHER CHEATING BECAUSE THE WINNING ENTRY WILL BE CHECKED AND CONFIRMED MANUALLY. If you fake an entry or don’t follow the instructions, all you’ve done is waste your time.

I will choose a winner and contact them within 48 hours of the raffle’s end. If I don’t receive a response within 48 hours of my email, that person will have forfeited their prize and I will select a new winner. So if you enter, please make sure you use a valid email address and remember to whitelist “Creepypasta” in your email settings – otherwise your winning email might end up in your spam filter!

Good luck!

*There are referral links present in this post. If you purchase anything through our referral links, thanks – the small kickbacks I get from referrals add up eventually and allow me to cover the expenses of things like this giveaway, so everyone who uses such links to buy things has my appreciation!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

21 thoughts on “November 2014 Discussion Post: Creepy Comic Books + Related Giveaway!”

  1. Hey! I have a problem reading creepypasta entries on Bloglovin’. All I get is that stupid red loading bar which is a bit annoying since I like reading the entries in bed before going to sleep. Please look it up.

  2. Dark Gods is a comic that just started last month I believe and the only the first issue is released but its got a creepy feel to it

  3. There is a REALLY good comic called DOUBT. It is a manga.
    It is, kind of, Saw-esque.
    These kids are trapped in a serial killer’s den of horrors and they have to figure out who the killer is out of the kids there.

    1. ‘Please weigh in with your personal top picks for any comics that you can conceivably call ‘creepy’ ‘

      ‘top picks for any comics’

      ‘any comics’

      ‘comics’

      I’m pretty sure Amnesia ain’t a comic.

  4. I am going to say the Green Lantern Blackest Night event from DC Comics. Quick run down:

    Green Lanterns wear green rings that let them focus their willpower into anything they can imagine, be it a boxing glove or a ten story tall skyscraper. They are one of seven corps that can wield the “light of the emotional spectrum” (rage, greed, fear, willpower, hope, compassion, and love following the roygbiv model) though the green is considered the most stable. Take these seven corps, currently spending most of their time at each others throats, and then create a huge enemy mine situation by throwing endless zombies at them.

    Normally, I am not a big fan of zombie stories, but the zombies in here just don’t shamble around looking for braaaaaaiiins. They are raised by an entity that is the literal personification of non-life who views life in the universe as an invader and is going to make sure that everything goes back to the blackness there was before life. They go about this by eating hearts powered by strong emotions to fuel themselves. Do you feel fear? That’ll work. Defiance? That’s fine too. Courage? Just a nice little meal to them. Emotion, any emotion, makes you stand out like a beacon to them and they are almost impossible to kill without one of the Green Lanterns and one of the other emotion lights. The dead are rising, and if they were superpowered in life they stay superpowered in death. And y’know how comic books characters are constantly dying and coming back to life? Turns out to be a bit of a liability in this story.

    This is the only comic book event where I have bothered to collect all the different tie-ins. It was well-written, fun, and, best of all, scary. All the tie-ins are not necessary, but for the fullest story, I would recommend picking up the trades for the main event, Blackest Night along with Green Lantern: Blackest Night and Green Lantern Corps: Blackest Night.

  5. I’m not sure if this really counts, but it’s an interesting fact:

    Anyone here watch/watched/thinking of watching The X Files? If yes, good! If no, then you’re missing out on one of the most crucial pieces of speculative cryptozoological etc. media of all and you should totally go fix that!

    Anyway, the original 9 seasons ended quite some time ago. Bad news? Wrong!

    Because it’s actually being continued as a comic book! The comic book adaptation started last year, and I believe it’s still going? The only problem is that it picks up where the TV show left off, and with 9 seasons each containing twenty 40 minutes long episodes, that’s about… let’s see here…

    …120 hours of content. Not including the two movies.

    Yeah, have fun with that.

  6. Hey! I’d just like to put in my 2cents: the current layout is really pretty, but having to click /read more/ for each pasta is kinda irritating and time consuming, since I’m reading pastas on my device on the go (I usually load a couple pages at once to read smoothly). Please keep creepypasta alive for a long time to come. Love you loads :) X

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top