MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Revelations (Sequel to The Fort and Survival) ★ 9.19 Rating (16 votes)
- Oppression ★ 9.18 Rating (28 votes)
- Psychosis ★ 9.16 Rating (19297 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.15 Rating (429 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11086 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.14 Rating (7475 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.13 Rating (8744 votes)
- In the Walls ★ 9.13 Rating (1745 votes)
- The Melancholy of Herbert Solomon ★ 9.12 Rating (3356 votes)
- Artificial ★ 9.12 Rating (1883 votes)
It’s early in the morning. The sun won’t be up for another couple of hours. You’re fast asleep in bed, lost in a dream, when the phone rings. Rather than waking up, you roll over and cover your head with a pillow. Hours pass. The sun rises. The phone is ringing.
When you wake up, your alarm clock is blaring and the phone is ringing. By the time you will yourself to turn the alarm off, the phone has stopped ringing. You realize that it’s been ringing all morning. You slide out of bed and press the blinking red button on your phone as you stumble into the bathroom. The phone beeps, followed by the friendly, electronic voice. Hello. You have six hundred and sixty-six new messages. Message one. The phone beeps again, and you’re not prepared for what comes next.
You spin around, thinking that she’s standing right behind you. There’s pure terror in her screams, accompanied by other disturbing noises. You stand there, horrified, for about ten seconds. Screaming gives way to hysterical, garbled crying before dying out with the sounds of spilling meat and tearing flesh.
The phone beeps again. You’re shaking.