Advertisement
Please wait...

March 2013 Discussion Post: What Do You Most Fear?



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

This month’s discussion post was suggested by YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE USERNAME!

What do you most fear? It’s a question that, I hope, should spark some interesting comments as well as serve to inspire some of the writing community.

Advertisements

As with last month’s discussion post, anecdotes and slightly longer comments will be allowed as I understand that this question may prompt some detailed and involved responses. However, if your comment appears more like an attempt at a stealth-submission and less of an honest response to the question, prepare for it to be hit with the spam button.

Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

1,094 thoughts on “March 2013 Discussion Post: What Do You Most Fear?”

  1. I would have to say I most fear death. I just don’t know what comes after this life, and I’m scared if it’s nothing. I mean, I don’t want to die yet, or ever, for that matter. I just feel like one life isn’t enough to do everything I want to do. I don’t know if it’s weird, but I hope it’s not.

  2. Ignite The Soul

    Mine would probably have to be the thought of my shadow being a separate being from myself, being fully aware and just observing my day to day life. This also goes along with starring at my reflection in the mirror. If you got a night alone to yourself and want to get a little scare, light a candle, go into your bathroom and turn off all the lights, and just stare.

  3. I have the fear of something taking over my body and have had sleep paralysis with figures and the constant though i had during these were that they were going to get me and take me even though they were still.

    But, a very kinda unrelated thing is that one of my sister’s night terrors were of a fat woman screaming.

  4. What do I fear most? That would have to be the unknown. I scared of things that no one knows about, I’m scared of things that are strange. if something doesn’t have some official name I’m scared

  5. My fears are lizards. When I was 3 a lizard was literally sitting on my neck. It scared the hell out of me.

  6. I am not afraid of much i concerd my fear os spiders and falling. But there are extremely messed up things in lore, video games ext…

  7. I’ve always had really bad anxiety, and these are the things I’m scared of:

    •Roller coasters
    •Public speaking
    •Heights
    •Spiders

    (These are not listed in any specific order)

  8. Fucking moths man, have you seen those scary motherfuckers, with their strange furry bodies and the fact that when you squish them you only get weird dusty stuff

  9. ☾christopher☽

    My greatest fear is probably life. Let me explain because that probably sounds confusing. You see I’m an atheist, but I’m just as weary about what happens after death as the next guy. People tend to think it’s just a void of black and nothingness, but you see when you die that can’t be true. There won’t be any black because you won’t exist to perceive color and see black. I believe that we all get one life and then that’s it. One tiny terribly short life and then you’re dead forever. What scares me is the fact that I only get one short life to live and do all the things I want to in life. I want to do so much, but I’m not sure if I have enough time to do those things and that is what scares me.

    Then you see there are minuscule fears like things that sting, clowns, some kidnapping me in my sleep, along with various other things

  10. I think it over and over, death is like none existence to me… That is lonely…think closely that the voice in your head reading this comment is you, when you died this voice ended and you can no longer think or see or …the universe is still spinning but you are not part of it… I don’t know how to describe it… But death is definitely 1st fear … It’s too lonely for me to think of it…

  11. spiders terrify me. clowns scare me bc of the movie It. and im not afraid of the dark im afraid of the things that could be in the dark… so basically my imagination. and yes I know I sound stupid.

  12. Mine is probably that thing that touches you with cold fingers or breathes on your neck at night. Or inanimate objects that stare. Or anything unnatural and water. Like spiders in water. Or something smooth and pale and hairless in your bathtub. Or anything to do with unnatural behavior, like the Dancing Plague. Look that up if you don’t know what it is.

  13. My fears are darkness, poisonous snakes, spiders, and heights.

    -Darkness: you never know what might be lurking inside it… You could be walking in the dark barely seeing anything and BAM! Raccoons or coyotes leap on you and blood everywhere… Just ohhhh.

    -Poisonous snakes : I actually fear snakes in general because if you’re bit, you might not recongnize the snake, then you panic, next thing you know you can’t see and you’re paralyzed, then you feel your leg explode…….

    Spiders: everyone hates spiders from their creepy looks to their possible venom you just HATE THEM.

    Heights: it’s ironic that I totally will barf because of heights… I love roller coasters the most in my family so… If any of you live in the Pittsburgh area, you know what the phantom’s revenge is, the most infamous roller coaster in Kennywood. I rode it for the first time, and had my eyes closed for most of the time…. Until we got to the second hill. It felt calm, so I opened my eyes. I screamed and screamed as I noticed we were TILTED and I stared as we went down… I almost barfed.. Good thing I didn’t get ice cream yet!

  14. I’m afraid of creepy dolls, the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who and of what is hiding in the dark. And I also hate horror movies, they aren’t scary when I watch them, but after, when I go to sleep I start thinking about them and I just scares the shit out of me.

  15. Ever since i watched the Banshee Chapters, ill go on a rant if i hear a creepy radio station recording especially the swedish rhapsody

  16. What do I most fear? I’m not sure.all of creepypastas I have read made me smle call me insain if you want . These ar the ones I read, slenderman, bedtime, psychosis( I don’t know how to spell it), jeff the killer, one word story, the Rake, he who should REALLY not be named, and some others I forget. I will continue to read more mabey even write one wen I have the time of course

    Homemade

  17. The dark and whats in it…..but since I been though so much paranormal crap im slowly getting used to it but its stil FUCKING TERRIFYING

  18. Needles i just dont know why. I guess its because i had a bad childhood experience with them and now i just cant stand when one is in my sight which is exceptionally bad when i have to get a shot or i.v in my arm. When that happens i will pll it out and throw it at the docter… Lets just say my docter does not like me……

  19. I love falling or skydiving (never tried it B4) but i hate drowning or falling backwards in my dreams just imagin or try to hold your breath 4 one minutte.
    When you outta breath keep on going cause when your drowning…… Yeah what, you cant breathe thats what im scared of.

    And the boogey man or whatever hes called. in Denmark its the devil.
    Its not the boogeyman who are under your bed or wardrobe.
    But the one who follows you when its Dark outside, imagine: your siting with your pc XBOX or PS4 (I dont Care what youre doing) but Then you need to go to the toilet. i Got something with my eyes so when im in the Dark if i just stare or just geting a glimse of a Wall or bicirkle i see something scary like a boogeyman whos just about to scare and kill the sh*t out of you

  20. I am honestly saying that with the deepest regard in my mind for whatever reason ever since i was young i had been terrified of being alone. And no its not coming from when i was younger i was neglected cause maybe my parents where to busy that is not the case. I was over whelmed with people i have a lot of close family. But i can’t stand being alone i feel as if being alnoe im not really alone. Its wired i just.. every time i’m alone in my house for more that 30 minutes i freak out and start hyperventilating and stuff it bothers me so much. I fear being alone in the dark.

  21. I used to be afraid of the dark then heights now I don’t know what I am afraid of sometimes I had dreams about zombies or dinosaurs mostly dinosaurs I think it’s because when I was little I watched all the Jurassic parks over and over and over again and through I wasn’t scared when I watched the movie yet I had nightmares for weeks it was mostly the t rex but every once in a while it was raptors and diloposaurus you know the one that spits poison and ate nedry the fat guy I had a dream I was swallowed whole by a diloppsaurus I know it’s weird and not possible but that’s what happened but recently it has been spinosaurus from JP3 for example I was been chased then I got in a metal shipping container and it tossed it around like a toy but sorry fot the long post I just wanted to share my experience thanks for reading

  22. lenett szczurek

    Death him fucking self …never mind I just created a new fear,Jeff and death mixing to be one person.fuck

  23. I’m terrified of the thought of stabbing the immense amount of pain you would feel would be too much for me to think of

  24. MaxzpyroP (William)

    *One thing that has always creeped me the fuck out is ants, they are so small you can barely see them, and they inflict a huge sting when they bite.

    *Static, or repetetive sound that gets louder and louder, sounds that dont change and and goes from complete silent to extremly high slowly scares me shitless.

  25. im not afraid of anything. im still a little disturbed by things belonging in the uncanny valley but im working through that aswell. Does a concern of deadly things like poisonous snakes or spiders count, or is that rational that anyone doesn’t want to be bitten by them…?

  26. Spacial distortion, endless hallways, escape-less mazes, being controlled (i.e.) mind controlled while being conscious yet unable to do anything, and being forgotten.

    There you go, there are my main fears. Actually, maybe “only” fears is a better term.

  27. I really fear… the person I would love till’ the end in my life dying right in front of me, in my hands… I wouldn’t know what to do with myself…

  28. Being fully paralyzed (maybe a broken neck?) and buried alive just to be found and brought to a hospital where I’ll live inside a shattered mind and useless shell.

  29. I’m afraid of highs its just if i were to jump off a sky scraper it would make me feel even more alone and so left out of the world even I know that I have family and friends that love me there something always telling me they don’t and when u fall it would make u feel like a fallen angle falling into a pit of sadness,lost hopes, and broken dreams like there’s no one there for me

  30. Mine is to be ready for bed and then, hear ticking, and see green glows.
    That would not be fun, considering how slow clockwork seems to kill people.

  31. Cicadas. I am deathly afraid of Cicadas with their freaky looking bodies and they’re giant eyes and creepy legs and oversized wings. Then there’s that buzz…ugh, I will run in fear if that buzzing sound from them gets too close to me.

  32. Baby Dolls (blinking eyes) Hate them with a passion ever since I was 6 years old. My mom had gotten me a baby doll with blinking eyes and skin made of silicone, one night had a dream of the doll. She was sitting on top of my desk while I was cleaning and she falls so I pick her up and put her on the desk again the doll falls again so I look at it and set it on the bed. I stare at it for so long and then suddenly her face starts to rot and maggots, worms, nasty bus start coming off her face and she gets off the bed and starts coming towards me. It was awful, now I cant even go past an aisle where tons of baby dolls are at because I will freak out . I swear if some one tried to scare me with one I will start to cry.

  33. I fear death truly the thought that you die is just unbearable for me what will happen after I die? will I see my friends again my family it’s just hard for me to accept can you contact other ppl who passed away?i Also fear darkness dunno why but I hate the dark

  34. I have 4 fears, please don’t laugh.
    1.Growing up
    2.Dying
    3.Spiders
    4.Heights
    My mom is afraid of spiders, clowns and snakes.

  35. “The Midnight Seeker is a wretched thing,
    Whose ominous stalking often brings,
    The whisper of fear and the promise of doom.
    The shadows his bride,
    And he the groom.
    Light is the safest place to hide,
    From this spawn of darkness,
    And the Reaper,
    Agent of wickedness,
    The Midnight Seeker.”

    As quoted from the diary of an anonymous citizen of DeWitt’s Corner,–1786

  36. Zombies scare the shit out of me. Just imagine that you’re in your house at night and you think everything is fine, and then one of your family members comes stumbling in, rotting skin and lifeless, hungry and you try to escape but they eat you alive. Imagine driving on the highway and all the sudden the cars stop, and people try to turn around and drive off as a horde of walkers runs and begins tearing people apart and carl wont get in the house

  37. I have a few fears.
    Lakes. They’re green and murky, ew. The fish are brown and terrifying, like Sturgeons. There’s algae everywhere, and there’s possible chances of getting flesh eating diseases in lakes.
    Loud noises. I hate firing of guns, fireworks, (Not ALL Fireworks) and balloons popping. Just any loud noise.
    The depth of the ocean. The midnight zone absolutely HORRORS ME. Angler fish are pretty freaky, and so are squid. The water is pitch black. You’re MILES away from the surface. *Shivers*

  38. an inconveniently large dragon

    literally the scariest fucking thing i have ever dealt with is being condemned to running the five mile distance between my house and a gas station at three in the morning because i live in a very rural area and there was a hanging tree on my property and it was terrible

  39. Not the dark, but what my mind projects into it. The first thing I do when I go somewhere I’ll be staying somewhere for a long time is stay the night with no lights on at all to get over my fear. Unfortunately, the creepiest houses (the ones in San Antonio) are the ones I never stay at for a long enough time to justify that…life sucks sometimes.

    Also, fear. I am seriously afraid of being afraid, mainly because of what I just said above. So I just think of my favorite memes and avoid anything that can lead back to creepypasta. ;)

  40. The most scary thing to me is when ur the only one awake in the house and u start hearing moving or sounds that are unexplained.or when ur window is not covered and its too dark out to see and u get the feeling like ur bing watched. Then there’s the fear of heights that taking will happen even though u know ur safe.

  41. I fear oblivion (no Im bot quoting Augustus Waters) seriously I fear the day when I cease to exist when no one is left to remember me.

    Also the dark and clowns.

  42. I’m afraid of like weird friggin noises in my house, like the houses are attached so footsteps from next door literally sound like they’re coming from upstairs. This is evil when I’m home alone.

    I’m kind of afraid of having my back turned AWAY from the door, because what if I open my eyes and this shittyass creepy motherfucker face is like staring at me, sometimes (when i used to be really scared, not anymore), I’d just wrap myself in a blanket and pray for sleep…:D

  43. My creepy friend + Slenderman = Pink creepy friend who sends skeletons at me.(In dreams)Also sharks, i just can’t stand their face and their circling around.

  44. PuppetPrincess

    Dark corners, something magically appearing to your side without you knowing, giants, and aliens.
    .3.

  45. This is really weird but… Smurfs. Think about it. You see the cartoon and oh it’s a cute little smurf who lives in a mushroom, but if you read about them they are three apples tall, about a foot tall. So no, I am not scared of the cute cartoon, but if a foot-tall blue creature who looked almost human is running towards me singing, how do I know that isn’t a demon? I’m more scared of spiders but I wanted to talk about something different to be scared of.

  46. I think that facing fears can only hide them. But they will be there, and stay. You’ll remember them, when you think, that nothing can happen.
    – Nameless

  47. I fear public humiliation. I can’t stand being wrong in front of another person and having to face the consequences of it.

  48. Not to sound like a total cliche, but it’s probably fear of the unknown. In a story or just personal experience, what scares me the most is having things happening, but not knowing what the cause of it is. It leaves you with a feel of suspense and allows you to truly think of what could be lurking.

  49. I know that iam late but I have 3 fears one
    dolls,dosent matter what kind I watched chucky when I was 5.
    another its weird but my family selling me to my ex girlfriend,and being torchered ummm sexualy.
    another is losing the love of my girlfriend and her leaving me for my bestfriend. but the second one is my biggest one always has been

  50. Well, I’m late. By one year, and one month, lol. Anyways, one thing I’m scared of is the clock. It just goes tick tock, tick tock, waiting for the Universe to stop. IT’S A DOOMSDAY COUNTDOWN! :O

  51. The things that I fear the most is:
    Mirrors-I just don’t know why but I’m just afraid that when I look at a mirror, there is someone or something staring right at me, and just the mere idea that I’m really need to look in a mirror in the dark or when I’m alone just gives me shivers down my spine.
    Being alone inside a dark room-Lets just say that when it is dark, it is when my imagination continuously running and I have a phobia of the dark and small spaces a little bit
    And lastly, dolls-any kind of doll just gives me the creeps, by just looking at them and sleeping in a room with them is enough to give me nightmares.
    That’s all

  52. A Zerg Hydralisk (Wearing a TopHat)

    my fear? hm… well, charging a base with other zerg, and only to realize that half of the terran army we just charged is ready… with… Hellbringers… oh god… poor jim…
    i would rather not go on the details of last week… with the terran vs zerg hellbringer rush… so much fire… so much fire…

    *curls up in corner and hugs tail <:(*

  53. MrFreakinReaper

    Well then, that’s a good question. Um… My truest fear is eternal solitude in a pitch black world.

  54. Definitely the Rake. Nothing else compares except a slendyman-rake hybrid.
    That would make me crap my pants off. :D

  55. Ugh.. I hate Mirrors. once I looked in a reflection and it looked like it had one eye closed… it was soooooo freeaky

  56. Stefan Rasmussen

    The idea of life without love. I imagine that’s why a lot of the pastas I write have some element of harm coming to a character’s loved ones, or these loved ones leaving for some reason, because that, to me, is truly frightening. To not be loved or to have no one to love is more frightening to me than any kind of hell or monster or violent death that could be thrown my way.

  57. I have to say the thing that would scare me most would be waking up to see Masky in my room. I love him and all, but boundaries need to be kept.

  58. One fear that I have that is somewhat comical is the idea that any one religion is the true one, as this would cause a majority of the earths population to be damned regardless of how good they are as people. My legitimate fear is that I will grow old enough to witness everyone I know and grew up with die. Sure I may have kids, but that will be just depressing.

  59. Wow, this is late. 2014. Oops. Anyway, I am deathly scared of Alex. Alex was not alive, no. She was a ghost, she told me when I was younger. I used to see her. Standing in the hallway, just staring into absolutely nothing. My sister, mom, and dad thought that she was just an imaginary friend. She wasn’t. A few years ago my family and I came to my house to just check it out after we came back from a trip. I was in my parent’s room looking into the mirror when I heard her. “Mary……” she said. I turned to my closet and I kid you not there was a freaking floating transparent head looking at me. I can no longer see her, but I feel her watching me type this, watching me sleep, watching me tell you about her. I hope she doesn’t mind. So yeah, that’s what I’m scared of.

  60. I am scared of a few things, like spiders, clowns, the unknown, bugs, dying, my little brother dying, my older sister dying, my older sister and birds. I will explain the main ones.

    Spiders:
    They have so many legs and the way they eat the flies the catch is horrible! They can grow to be almost a foot long if they are the right kind of spider.

    Clowns:
    They are so creepy because you have no idea what they look like under their painted mask of false emotions. They never have any real feelings when you see them, so you have no idea what mood they are really in.

    Bugs:
    Just think cockroaches. That is my reasoning.

    My older sister:
    She is so weird and is never clear with anything she says. She says some pretty terrifying things, like “You may not have ears and toes in the morning”.

    Birds:
    They have no bone mass and poop where they please. I am a germaphobic person as well, so that is pretty terrifying to me.

    1. A Zerg Hydralisk (Wearing a TopHat)

      *casually tosses a zergling into your arms and says*
      have fun, i hope you don’t mind insect-aliens.

  61. Fear is nothing but a figment of one’s imagination. It has no form, unless you give it one. Why be afraid of monsters when you are one? The greatest monster lies within. That’s what scares me most.

  62. The thing I fear most is not really a thing at all. It is more of a feeling. I fear not knowing. I can handle blood and gore and death and murder, but I can’t handle what I can’t understand. The strange noises in the middle of the night no one can explain. The murders never solved. Or the kidnappings that never had a body found. What I can’t see in the dark, hidden away in the shadows. what is behind me when I am not looking.

  63. The one thing that I fear above all others is being hunted and eaten by an animal. There are studies that suggest that there is a part of the brain that still fears being hunted.

  64. after a lot of playing with dolls and pupets wen i was a child, i started to fear them because it creeps me out and gave me nightmares.

  65. I have to say I have a couple fears, but mostly I am afraid of dolls, any kind of doll, when I was younger, my mom had always giving me dolls for my birthday (she had no idea of my fear) and I’ve always had nightmares of them coming to life. brrrrr
    strangely enough I’m not really as afraid of the dark as I should be, maybe because of all those cirque du freak books I’ve read.

  66. I have two fears
    1:falling from high places
    2:that the human race is just a tiny piece of existance and life itself has absolutely no meaning what so ever

  67. I’m scared most of spiders and heights. I can’t stand them. Whenever I’m near a high place, I take a peak down then run back like “NOPE NOPE NOPE”. I don’t really know how to describe this one either, because it’s not really a fear, but in a way it is. I always think the worst is going to happen. For example, say my dog goes outside without someone with him near the road, I get really scared.

  68. I COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY TERRIFIED OF HELL.. THE THOUGHT OF IT IMAGERY ALL OF IT.. BUT I AM SO FASCINATED BY IT I CONSTANTLY SEARCH FOR STORIES PICTURES AND BOOK BOUT IT. GUESS IM STRANGE

  69. My worst fears include;
    -Spiders
    Eight legs? Why? It’s not natural. And they literally just crawl. Stare at you and stick on your wall like they’re paying rent. They’re everywhere, and deadly.
    -Clowns
    No. Why did they even.. no.

  70. Ok, don’t laugh, but I’m afraid of the dark… Kind of… When I’m sleeping, it feels comfortable to face the wall when I go to sleep, but I always feel like something is about to grab me. I get that feeling you get when someone is near you but you don’t know it. You know? Anyway, I also hear noises at night because someone lives with me and she stays up ALL night and goes to the kitchen a lot. So I feel like someone is breaking in. I’m also really afraid of that. I feel like Jeff The Killer is right there, right next to me when I am facing the wall. So I can’t go to sleep.

    I’m afraid of someone breaking in and I’m kind of afraid of the dark… There. I feel much better getting that out of my system.

    xD

  71. Spiders, jeff the kiler, staring out the window when it’s dark (because of smile.dog) clowns ghosts the dark aliens(my brother used to dress up as one to terrify me it stuck with me) and this website :( but i love freaking myself out on car rides thats why im on this website :(

  72. My worst fear, is being so scared that i cannot scream. Being so mortified, that when I open my mouth, and my vocal chords tighten, not even a stream of noise comes out.

  73. The thing that just gets me on edge is the unknown, if a pasta is left with a sort of sketchy ending or an unresolved ending I will be creeped out majorly. I’m not sure what it is that scares me about it, but it gives me shivers even if i think about something like that.

  74. Xenronin, the Latin concept that there is a creature that’s whole existence is based off of human fear. It will quite literally take the form of your worst fear and kill you with it. Perhaps the most disturbing thing about this is that it is completely possible. People die all the time, who’s to say that it is Xenronin?

  75. I guess my biggest normal fear would be making a mistake that has horrible consequences. If I had to pick a fictional fear it would be being trapped in an inanimate object. Think about it, you’d be completely dependent on others’ reactions.

  76. My fears may be kind of silly but they are Cannabilism and Inanimate objects moving on there own without the help of anything. There is something that makes my stomach turn, but i would call it a fear its when someones bottom jaw gets ripped off. these fears may be silly, but they are downright freaky to me.

  77. Has Noone mentioned at all premature burials? its my worst fear over everything else. Being Claustrophobic and afraid of being trapped, that pretty much sums it up for me. I am getting cremated when I go no doubt, and for all you folks out there looking for a good read, Check out Edgar Allan Poe’s story “Premature Burial” and you’ll see what I mean.

  78. I flip out at mirrors, and I have a four foot by three foot mirror to the left of my bed…… do I need to elaborate? Also I hate them most at night……. And I’m chicken of the dark, yet I love it, so it’s a love/hate relationship…I have issues…..and arachnophobia…

  79. Losing Jeffy to Jane. It’s a horrible thought. Last time Jeffy visited Jane…..*tears up and says in a crying, broken voice* He barely made it back…..

  80. My biggest fear is those theatre masks that have mustaches and they’re smiling (If you have any idea what I mean). The reason behind this being since I was little, I’ve had this reoccurring dream that a “man” wearing one of those masks and a tux was standing outside my window while I was asleep, and when I saw him he took off the mask and there was nothing… Like his head was invisible or something. Then he morphed through my window, grabbed me, and made me watch while he slit my best friend’s throat. It’s fucked up, I know.

  81. My greatest fear is my own imagination. For example, on multiple accounts I’ve woken up to ants and spiders covering me. I swat at them but no matter how hard I hit they keep on moving their black bodies distorting. It has happened multiple times always when I first wake up I used to think it was just me being in a tired state. But during a few times I noticed I was completely awake new what I did the day before where I was. Their are other instances as were the darkness likes to play with my mind. Dark smiling some sad and calculating peaking behind hey bails or just staring at me. Or the man that used to stalk my old room and taunt my sister by watching her sleep along with his little girl and an old woman. I know this is just me seeing things. Though my sister is the one who saw the old lady and the little girl. She also confirmed the nightly stalker. If these arn’t illusions I hope the visitor in our downstair’s living room of our new house is friendly.

  82. What scares me most is seeing faces in the dark when I pull back the curtains of windows. This is most likely because of when I was about eight, I heard knocking on my door, so I opened my window, but then, I saw the creepiest face staring back at me like Jeff. All those creepypastas I read back then told me that that face was a murderer. It turned out to only be my brother, but I’m still scared of it.

  83. Okay, Okay, I know this sounds crazy, but I’ve always had this phobia of stickers. It developed when I was older, and I have some idea why. I try to avoid touching them, and they make me feel a bit sick every time I see one. They’re all just so dirty! I don’t like germs either. I will wash my hands over and over again because I think about horrible sickness and death every time. I don’t want to die!

  84. This sounds SO stupid but my main fear is not being able to see. I hate any situation where I’m not fully aware of my surroundings. If someone covers my ears when I’m in the dark, plays music or anything, I flip, because I’d be totally oblivious to anything or anyone around me.

    I’m such a freak..

  85. What I fear the most is being tracked down by a murderer. Not just the fact that there is a murderer around, but the fact that he will stop at nothing to kill you. I have nightmares all the time where this happens, and I’m just bound to be caught one day.

  86. I’m mostly afraid of being alone in an enclosed area, like a house, church and stuff like that. Being alone in the dark too creeps me out, I always have some vibe that something’s behind me and when I turn araund I get scared too because when I turn around again to face forward, I think it’s going to be right there, in front of me. Gives me the shivers man.

  87. xD I have weird fears.Im afraid of not dying also im afraid to look away from a mirror and turn away because i don’t know if my reflection still watches me.(sorry for my english mistakes :P)

  88. Don’t laugh, but my worst fear is the sound of a dog choking. Last night my dog starting choking and the sound that came from that dog.. It sounded light a demon- no, SATAN was roaring. Needless to say, I slept all night with my fingers plugging my ears. ._.

  89. Another one of my fears is Hellboy. (You know, the movie!) Because I had this nightmare that I was running down the hallway of my school, turned around and saw Hellboy! (But for some reason, he was blue.) And then I tripped and fell. Hellboy was running to me like he was chasing me. I took and knife and just.. put it in his mouth. Then my nightmare showed his mouse with a knife resting on the tounge, then i head him say “I was afraid I would die like this.” And then blood/vomit came up all over himself and I guess it was acid, because his skin was burnt and then he chased me again O_O

  90. Fear is the root of all evil in this world as maddening as it seems, when all fear is let go of, all that remains is enlightenment.

  91. Im scared of my best friend. Once, he had told me, as a child he used to set rats that he trap in a cage on fire and feel satisfied watching it burn. It suddenly hit me that, as a child he shown a tendency of becoming a psychopaths. As an adult, he sure lacks empathy and insensitive at times.

  92. My greatest fear is crawling through a narrow closed space and reaching a dead end. but as i start crawling backwards something blocks my path and i cant turn around to see what it is and i panic and i die of dehydration scared and alone.
    im that guy who never freaks out but this thought is just awefull.

  93. Many things freak me out, but there are three things that really scare me.
    1) Spiders. My older brother dropped a jar of baby spiders on my head when I was about five, and I’ve always had a case of arachnophobia since.
    2) Death. I don’t remember anyone close to me dying until my great-grandmother passed away during my sophomore year of high school, about seven years ago, but there’s just something about death that really gets to me…don’t ask me why I read so many creepypastas if I’m scared of death.
    2.5) Losing someone close to me. This really ties in with number two.
    3) Serial killers. I don’t care that the chances of becoming a victim are next to nothing, reading creepypastas has affected my mind.
    4)Okay, I lied about there being three things, but I have this minor terror of a serial rapist breaking into my apartment and waiting for me when I come home…I don’t know why.

  94. I fear mirrors. I’ve had this fear for as long as I can remember, even as a very small child my parents say I would have a melt down if someone put one (either an attachment to a toy, jewelry box, or a hand mirror) in my room. Even now, at 19 years old, I still cover the mirror on my dresser with a sheet and get cold chills when I come across one.

  95. S.A.M said:
    Dolls/Puppets that come to life (like Chucky and Slappy, the puppet from Goosebumps)talk, and murder people.
    And dolls/puppets that teleport. I.HATE.THAT. You leave them in one room facing the wall and then , within a few hours, you see them in another room in a completely different pose. *shivers*

    I know how that feels. When I was little, I got this doll for Christmas from my aunt or uncle that I really didn’t like (it was an Elmo doll, and I was never a fan of Sesame Street). I kept it on top of my chest of drawers. A few weeks later, I had this nightmare in which the doll climbed down onto my bed with a malevolent expression on his face (rather than the usual cheesy smile) and tried to attack me. Upon waking up, I saw the same doll RIGHT on my lap, wielding one of those toy knives meant for cutting up Play-Doh and wearing the same malevolent expression on his face. I tried telling my older brother about it, but he said that it was just a bad dream and that the doll with the knife had no connection to it (“It must have fallen or something,” he said). I wasn’t convinced. I put the doll back, and while doing so, I saw his expression fade back to the cheesy smile. However, I still couldn’t go back to sleep for the rest of the night.

  96. There’s this one corner in my house at the end of the hallway where, late at night, the light falls in such a way that when you walk around the corner, your shadow makes it look like someone is coming at you from the other way and that scares the shit out of me every time.

  97. What I fear most is my own imagination. It tends to create the most disturbing things in my head. It is weird how I don’t call it my own, and have a war with my brain. Sometimes it feels like someone or something is placing these disturbing images in my head. You can call me crazy, but be lucky I’m not sketching these horrifying things.

  98. Someone..........

    I’m not that scared of that many thing. I’ve liked to read horror stories since I was 8. In general I don’t like to watch horror movies, which is weird because I still like horror stories. But to be more specific, I find zombie movies the creepiest.

  99. I guess mirrors scare me. I always have to keep my eyes on them so I will be able to see it when something would appear behind me, though that would already be scary it would scare me less than looking up and suddenly seeing something standing behind you.

    I am also afraid of escalators ever sice I was little. I don’t know why though.

    Also of deep water when I can see the bottom. I nearly drowned more than once and that just scared me.

    I also feel uncomfortable in the bathroom because it is a small space, forcing me to stand very close to the shower curtain which is always closed. I guess I fear the thought of some creepy weirdo standing behind it. I had several nightmares about it since I watched the movie “god sent” when I was still pretty much a kid. That movie also scared the living shit out of me. My fear for the bathroom only grew stronger when I was drinking some water there some days ago, and when I was done drinking I heard a voice say “tastes good, doesn’t it?” it could be my mind playing tricks on me, but I swear no one was there. My house is just creepy as fuck anyway with the feeling of always being watched.

  100. It’s hard to isolate just one. For starters, things related to the sky. I used to always get a strong fear response when I stared straight up into space at night. The infinite vastness of it would freak me out. I would still get freaked if I saw that something is wrong with the sky.

    If you want to freak me out very quickly with a story, do something to the eyes, alter them in some way, make them larger, take away the pupils, get rid of them altogether, etc.
    On second thought don’t do that, that crap is terrifying.

    I am EXTREMELY paranoid about being attacked in my house at night. The worst thing is hearing a sound and not being able to identify where it’s coming from.

    On a deeper scale, I’ve always been afraid of being that one person in the stories that can’t tell whether they’re going crazy or if there’s something very very wrong going on. So I guess uncertainty is the main factor here.

    In a general sense, some of my favorite stories fall into the uncanny valley realm. When something is ALMOST normal, but there’s just a couple of things that don’t add up. The definition of creepiness is when something’s wrong but you can’t immediately identify what the danger is.

  101. My fear is windows at nite because I can t see any thing but my reflection and any thing could just be watching me so I close my blinds

  102. I fear that gummy bears are going to eat me, I had a dream that they came to life and tried to eat me ever since that I cant be anywhere near gummy bears without freaking out

  103. my greatest fear is god because on Armageddon when the world ends it is him who chooses whether you go to heaven or hell whether you party for all of eternity or if you burn in a fire so horribly painful that it could turn you to ashes in seconds.

  104. My worst fear is this nightmare where I am running down a street with these houses that are all exactly the same. Its dark and there is a flickering streetlight. In the dream I am running but I don’t understand why, At one point I will open a door on one of the houses but behind the door is the same road with the same light. Every time before I wake up I run into this mirror and I get this horrible pain in my chest and this horrible grief then I suffocate and die. Before I die though I look in the mirror and its not me. I have no idea who it is at first but right before I wake up I realize who it is yet when I am awake I forget. It haunts me that I cant figure it out. I feel like whoever it is I need to help them before it is too late.

  105. I hate sonic,but then I saw pewdiepie play sonic.exe it gave me a lot of chills though I know he isn’t real, it gives me nightmares, I don’t care for blood on creepypastas, but sonic.exe, it just scares me

  106. Believe it or not, none of these scare me. I am not afraid of spiders, dolls (but I do find them creepy as hell) clowns, vampires, etc. I am actually afraid of…mirrors… Yes, I am afraid of mirrors. I have always feared what was past that mysterious wall of glass, or if it wasn’t just a wall of glass at all. I used to ponder what was so mysterious and scary about these inanimate objects, but now I know. It is the fact that you are staring at a window, seeing yourself staring back into your eyes. It is the fact that you always have a feeling that is not you staring back, that it is another being from another dimension, or if there is some creature ready to jump out and murder you senseless. I have always feared if there was someone watching me behind the mirror. somebody’s trapped soul, desperately wanting to reach out for me to help them. I have always feared there was someone enjoying the fact I know nothing of which lays beyond that obstacle. The story Bloody Mary in fact traumatized me, made me think about such things. She is why I now have a phobia of such a stupid thing.

    ~Hearing is better than not hearing, observing is better than hearing, knowing is better than observing, and doing is better than knowing.

  107. Call it overrated, stupid, whatever you want, but I’m terrified by the thought of fucking zombies. Nothing in horror scares me more than zombies. When you think about it, a lot of scary things are only scary because you don’t know what they want. Then let’s say you find out what they want: they want to kill you or some crap. Great, so they kill you. I think the thought of death is more frightening than actually dying. Once they get you, you’re done. Your fear is over. Whatever. But not Zombies. Nope. They want to fucking eat you. And the reason that’s so Goddamn terrifying to me is because that’s all they have instinct to do. You can’t reason with them. You can’t beg them for your life. You can’t even /hope/ that they might understand you, because all they are is a rotting animated corpse that won’t bite you to kill. They’ll bite into you just to eat you. So you lay there screaming while five of them start stripping the flesh off your arms, your legs…maybe even your face. And you won’t die for quite a while. And the last thing you’ll experience will be the scent of rotting flesh and decaying teeth burrowing into your once healthy muscle. And unless they eat your brain, your mutilated body will reanimate too, snapping hopelessly at whatever living thing happens to meander by : )

  108. For some weird reason, I developed a fear of cracks.
    …Not butt cracks, idiots. I meant like between furniture and such. I can’t even look between the wall and the water heater without visibly shaking.

  109. My worst fear is opening a door and finding something in my room being moved because I have photogenic memory I don’t forget things easily especially night mares some of mine are pretty scary like the one I had a few weeks ago it had people with bullet holes for eyes and I have to go to sleep every night hoping I won’t see my dead friend during the night she died of a heart attack a few years ago :( I miss her so badly

  110. i fear the ghost in my room he doesnt hurt me or some think he only scares me sometimes he only push stuf from my desk and turns the light on at midnight and more sometimes when i fel i sleep i feel somethink cold holding my hand but he doesnt hurt me if he is gonna hurt me my life will be over and this started when i was 8 and now i am 14 still in the same room

  111. This sounds really stupid, but silence. I can handle the dark, so long as there’s a fan or a tv or a radio in the background, but really thick silence is just unnatural and freaks me out so badly. I usually end up talking to myself just for some kind of sound.

  112. The Weeping Angels. All the way. I know it’s irrational, but there are angel statues in my neighborhood. The owner always moves them as a joke, or maybe he just likes redecorating. Watching the Doctor Who episodes at night with a door locked from the outside didn’t help either. So now my eyes are always sore at home from not blinking. And hands scarred from constantly getting shocked while checking my light’s wiring.

  113. I know there aren’t too good stories for this, but I fear Herobrine the most. I’d love to read a story about him, his wrath, how scary he can be. If Herobrine was real, I’d just hide in a bunker for the rest of my life, although he would find me.

  114. being buried alive.. watched Kill Bill 2 when i was seven yrs old. never recovered. plus then reading the cask of amontillado by poe at the age of 8 never helped either. eek.

  115. im scared of stalkers or like anyone that might be watching what i do throughout my day. One time when i was eight, it was kinda dark and i looked out the window cuz i heard sirens and i saw what looked like a man standing across the road looking at me it scared me shitless. it was actually just a fire hydrant

  116. i fear only two thing one hights i have achrophobia two the eternal being with no name that never talks but is always heard it’s never seen but is known by all and that can destroy all but chooses not to it has no form but always walks it can fly but never does it is gigantic but tiny it does not have eyes but is always watching if you see it it will see you it has no ears but can hear all it lives in the mind of it’s friends and rips out the souls of its enemies and its friends are few but its enemies are many. i wonder if you can solve the riddle.

  117. SLENDERWOMAN'S COUSIN

    I freakin LOVE Slenderman so he’s out of the question :)

    Jeff the killer…..he just creeps me out but I’m not scared of him.

    Spiders….OH LORD!!! they scare the crap outta me, dead or alive!
    someone should make a story about a psychotic guy who is obsessed with them and kills people with them. id read that.

  118. Pneamonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

    A fear of drowning. Also being buried alive, both of those things absolutely terrify me.

  119. I don’t really truly fear anything…but I’d have to say being immortal. Seriously. Everyone I love, know, or just plain strangers dying while I live…forever…that scares me. I also believe that the average human’s mind can only hold oh so many memories and facts. What happens when you find out-woah. I’m just an average guy. What’s going on? Until you can use more of your average brain, I wouldn’t want to be immortal.

    I also have those little common fears like claustrophobia, (fear of enclosed spaces), and needles. That fear is so intense that I seriously scream out loud and run at the sight of them. But…immortality just strikes me as the worst out of all my fears.

  120. Hmm… Probably anything that can’t be explained. Something you don’t know much about, and you can’t get away from. I think stories like ‘Misfortune.gb’ and ‘SuicideMouse’ were also quite effective as no one can explain them, find them, or even get confirmation on their existence. As well as this, the fact that Disney dis-own the suicidal sketch, while Nintendo dis-acknoledge Misfortune’s very fabrication adds to the distress felt as you feel as though the only chance at finally concluding the theories and finding the truth is gone.

  121. Honestly, as sad as this seems, my biggest fear is balloons. I don’t know how this developed but I’ve had it ever since I was a baby. I see them and run in the other direction, tail between my legs. Clowns are also a huge fear of mine.

  122. What I fear the most has got to be being stuck somewhere to die, the only way is by starvation, a long, painful death. Much like Adam at the end of SAW, or Merle in The Walking Dead.

  123. I have to say, this is a toughy. I think what scares me the most is manicans. I will never turn my back on those fucking manicans at JCpenny, not after watching Doctor Who and hearing about Trenderman. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of Slenderman’s gay brother, Trenderman, but I would freak out and run like hell if I ever saw him in a clothing department.

    I also get creeped out by fish bigger than my fist in pet stores. I’m not kidding, those things are fucking scary as hell with their big, fishy eyes, staring at you.

  124. My greatest fear would definitely have to be dolls. Dolls of any kind; baby dolls, cabbage patch, porcelain, etc., etc. I don’t truly have a solid reason as to why I am. At first I thought it was because their obvious perfection creeped me out, but then I realized that even the ones that are made up to look like horror themed beings scare me. And, when I say scare, I mean my entire body freezes, unable to move and I have to hold back tears. If I go to someone’s house, I have to have them move any dolls out of sight or I can’t walk into the room the doll is in. I can’t look at dolls in a store even.

  125. I think that there are two things that scare me the most: drowning and darkness. Strangely they both have something to do with each other. well thats because I almost drowned when I was a kid. My older brother and I stayed over at my grandmas this one summer when I was seven. she has this really big pool, the deepest end is 7 ft deep, and it’s pretty fun to swim during the hot summer days. Well one night I saw out playing in the pool, it was about eight or so, and they hadn’t called me in to eat supper yet. I didn’t know how to swim well but in my childish stupidity I decided to jump in the deep end. When I jumped it was fun but then I panicked because I couldn’t feel the bottom. I opened my eyes (I was wearing goggles), all I could see was darkness surrounding me, my lungs burned because of lack of oxygen, and I felt as if someone was running their cold fingers down my arms and back. Naturally, I screamed and swallowed a lot of water after that, I started to thrash around and started to faint, later on my older brother went in the pool and got me out. They did CPR on me, called the ambulance, blah blsh blah, and all that stuff. After that I have never been able to sleep with the lights off, and I’m afraid of deep water.

  126. My only fear is the dark… I know I’m 15 and I’m way too old to be scared of the dark but I can’t even turn out the light without freaking out… I feel like something is near me and every time I go to my friends house to sleep over they turn the lights out and I try to sleep then my stomach starts to hurt and I imagine deep breathing in my ear and I start to cry… Last time I slept over at my friends we stayed in the basement (WHICH IS HUGE!!!) and everything is stuck together no doors or anything (except for the guest room and bathroom) and my friend turned all the lights off including the lights that light up the mantle (sorry about my bad grammar:/) and I forced my self to sleep so I won’t embarrass my self and then I woke up in the middle of the night and I swear there was something there and the breathing I usually imagine felt so real because I could feel it spreading my hair apart… I yelled my friends name and the breathing stopped when she woke up. e.o

  127. Im scared of drowning. every time my friends or someone asks me to go swimming, i have to ask how deep the water is. or else ill just make an excuse on why i cant go. i’ve had dreams about me drowning, and i wake up terrified. i’ve also had three near-death experiences in the water, where i almost did drown. from what you couldnt already tell, i cant swim at all. i dont plan on learning how to either.

  128. –Astronomically huge things. If you’ve ever seen those pretty wallpapers where the skies are populated with enormous heavenly bodies… I find them horrifying. I feel like they’d slam into the earth and crush me or something.

    –Clusters. Honey combs. Blisters. Even the word “cluster” is just horrible.

  129. This may be a bit random to all the others but.. I fear windows. I hate having windows in my room if I do.. I put a blanket up to my window… I use to look through the window at night and one night when I was a kid, and a guy was looking through that night. I nearly shit myself.

  130. This may be a bit random to all the others but.. I fear windows. I hate having windows in my room if I do.. I put a blanket up to my window… I use to look through the window at night and one night a guy was looking through. I nearly shit myself.

  131. i dont like to think about getting buried alive or drowning, i gues everybody does. but something i really fear, is being alone in the dark, i was out in my barn last night to get something, i got fucking chills and was about to cry and things like that, i always happend when im alone in the dark, i always feel like someone is watching me, something evil

  132. creepypasta fan

    My fears are spiders,clowns, and you might think this is crazy but mirrors cuz when I was young I had a mirror for a closet door. So one night I woke up cuz I heard a bump and it was 12:00pm and I screamed cuz in the mirror I saw a young girl wearing rags and chains with blood all over her coming towards me and she actually jumped out of the mirror.I screamed and she disappeared but even till this day I swear I hear a girl screaming,laughing,and crying. *shivers*

  133. GO TO SLEEP!!!

    My best friend is slendy and I’ve got no eyelids my lips are bright red and I’ll STAB YOU MULTIPLE TIMES JUST TO HEAR YOU FUCKING SCREAM!!!!!

    Can anyone guess who I am?!?

    This is a different anonymous than you think

  134. My greatest fear is waking up, half asleep, in the middle of the night to find that some THING with either empty sockets or no eyes at all but with a maw for a mouth is standing over my bed. I only say this because when I am half asleep I ALWAYS, feel a presence in the room with me if it’s pitch black.

  135. Actually… truth is, my biggest fear is this scenario.

    You’re in your house, its dark and you’re alone.
    You conciously know your alone, and will be for awhile.
    You’re watching TV, and the power goes out.
    Then you hear the frontdoor open, and slam shut.
    Someone is in your house with you.
    And you don’t know who they are, or what they want.
    But you’re scared shitless because of it.

  136. ive always been afraid of something creepy or scary happening and not being able to do anything about it EX. wake up with some creature standing in the only exit to your room

  137. Personally, I am unbelievably afraid of evil, including demons and the devil. I don’t believe in the devil per se, but I do believe that there are a lot of evil things/beings that we don’t understand. Every time I read or watch something about demons or black magic, I feel terrified. I definitely think that that is something you shouldn’t get involved in if you are not prepared for the consequences.

  138. I think a trailer is pretty much the worst place you can be when you are being targeted for assassination xD. Rearranging is usually impossible there, also, its a trailer, the walls are probably cut open pretty easily.
    Bullets will probably go right through the walls as well. Running from something is I imagine impossible as well, due to its size.
    You, my good sir, have chosen a horrible hiding spot! Though that’s probably not its purpose.

  139. my fear is not being my own kind i want to be seen as diffrent i cant stand being the same as everyone else i want to be that one person that you say hey he’s diffrent and not mentaly i mean phisicaly

  140. I’d say my biggest fear is drowning.Last year in 7th grade my P.E. class got to take swimming lessons and we had to go to the deep end (which is 10ft) and they made me jump in.The good thing is that I floated to the top but then started to sink;I really thought I was gonna die :(

  141. it has to be spiders the most and this is because I once saw a spider as big as my head and I swear it was angry because it hissed and I had never heard a spider his. My other worst fear is snakes and I live in Florida so snakes are a little bigger here and I came face to face with a cottonmouth and I wasn’t scared of snakes before but it lashed out at me and if it wasn’t for my friend I wouldn’t be saying this because he pulled me away.

    1. My friend’s friend once fell into some tall grass full of huge orb-weaver spiders. They were all over him. Now, he’s utterly and completely terrified of spiders.

      Although, I found this funny as hell.

  142. Guy From Down The Street

    Well you see, my greatest fears tend to be ones that have nothing to do with myself. Yes, my emotions are affected by the unknown, such a looking down a dark hallway. Yes, if good ol’ Jeff was walking toward me, that fucking smile on his face, I would shit my pants. But I don’t think about those things until they happen. No, my greatest fears usually tend to revolve around the people that I love and care about. While I may not be old enough to have children (or I am, I don’t know, in some countries they start young), my baby siblings are the world to me. If anything were to happen to them, I would lose it.

  143. The dark.
    I’m seventeen years old, and I still need to sleep with a little night light. Call me childish, I don’t care. When it’s dark and you can’t see anything, you’re vulnerable to anything out there. Sure, your other senses heighten, but when you’re in a dark, echo-y room, there’s nothing that can stop the sounds from bouncing off the walls, throwing off your sense of direction.
    And I’m not talking about the type of dark that your eyes can adjust to. I’m talking about the kind of dark that swallows your screams and pleas to be released. The kind of dark that knows no mercy and will devour every sliver of light that comes your way.

    Funny, because I have blackout curtains in my window xD

  144. I hate confined spaces! I can’t breathe and I freak out. I also hate the idea of a psychopathic killer in your house. Just wandering about planing on who to kill and how. When I’m in the middle of the night and scared I hear noises lie someone is walking into my house and I can hear where they are. It’s creepy. But mostly confined spaces.

  145. Wife of Jeff the Killer

    I guess the thing that I most fear is elevators. I can’t stand them. I mean, what if you’re in them, and then they just decide to fall down to your death? Like Tower of Terror, except real. I can’t stand them, and I get panicky every time I have to ride in one.

  146. I can honestly say i have no idea what scares me i came to this site hoping to find something that would with no luck so far if anyone wants to help me find something suggest things in a reply

    1. Guy From Down The Street

      I don’t know, fears are different for each person. For example, I read the pasta “Mr. Widemouth”. I found it rather disturbing because of the 1) the antagonist Mr. Widemouth; there is no detailed explanation, so imagination can take its toll. And 2) the idea of that kind of situation, because children can be a bit naïve. If you haven’t read the story, I won’t spoil it, but having two baby siblings, I wouldn’t want them to meet something like that.
      But if your looking for something that could cause you to jump at a bump in the night, this sight is a definite place to be. You just have to think about what scares you, the unknown? Death? Unnatural beings that you can’t hurt or see? Unnatural beings that you can see, but can’t hurt?

  147. What terrifies me the most is my own mind, there have been moments in my life where I seriously doubted my own sanity. Sometimes it was like beside my own thoughts, there was a whisperer inside my head, who kept influencing me by whispering bad/foul/evil/negativ/depressing things onto me. It’s very tough to keep those “thoughts” at bay. There have been several moments where I was about to give in to this dark fiendish side of my own self? I even wonder, is that me? Is that my dark side? Is my good half struggling to keep something locked away? I also am fascinated by mind-altering substances, the mere folk calls those substances “drugs” I refer to them as keys, specific keys that open specific doors in your brain, using them can cause salvation, or cause harm, or cause utter doom, but in either case it’s. I remember having a psychosis once that went on for 2 weeks, induced from heavy “drug” usage + extreme lack of sleep + malnutrition. That whisper i told you about, when the psychosis started that whisper had turned into voices, loud voices, thousands of thousands of voices within my brain, my mind, my ears. And they were mocking me, making fun of me, insulting me, laughing at me, telling me lies, telling me my friends are not my friends, telling me my life is not my life, telling me my entire existence is a lie and I neither am myself nor have a right to live. My friends were freaked out about me, because i was scaring them shitless acting all weird and strange, and they were pretty drugged themselves, so they were totally freaked out about my behaviour, hitting my head with my fists, screaming at myself, hitting my head to the wall, they tried to calm me down, but from my point of view they were strangers, who were acting friendly but as soon as i turned away, i would hear them gossip on me right in front of my face, so i yelled at them, called them bad names, they tried to calm me down, they gave me so much weed to smoke, but it got me more and more paranoid, until i thought they wanted to kill me. well thats how the psychosis started, after that i was a slave of those voices for 2 weeks, i had given up and believed that all my surroundings were surreal, a dream, i believed im trapped in a dream, so i had weird thoughts like: if i rape a woman it wont be a crime, if i kill people it wont be a crime, if i go and rob somebody it wont be a crime, because im dreaming all this, it was insanity… pure insanity, i was insane, totally out of my mind… i eventually got a grip on my sanity, and kind of managed to lock my inner demons away again. but since then, the presence of this dark, uncalculable part of my mind is stronger than before, i quit using “drugs”, no matter how fascinating they are, they caused me more harm than clarity, and i am afraid that i will totally lose it if i try new substances out. As for now I am in a mindstate where those whispers in my head would randomly occur, but i would ignore them and just keep doing what i do. i dont want to ever fall back into insanity again

      1. Guy From Down The Street

        I feared clowns since my father told me of the clown serial killer/rapist. I forget his name, and I refuse to look it up (You can dive into it if you want to), but apparently it was a true tale. It was just creepy because he explained that he got pleasure our of killing (for example, after his first murder, he ejaculated). Sorry if I ruined your day, but I kept seeing clown posts, and I just had to tell this.

  148. Honestly, I’m afraid of the unexpected or the unknown. I have to know everything we are doing that day. It’s worse that I live in a house that’s paranormal. Once I heard someone call me and I rummaged through every single door and closet. Then I let my imagination get the best of me because I was home alone.
    If I were ever in a house with a killer I’d probably find them before they find me xD

  149. Drowning and being locked in a small room without enough fresh air. And being watched by someone you can’t see or be sure that he’s really there. Sorry if I used the wrong words.

  150. The writing on Crappypasta mate, that stuff’s just wrong.

    Seriously though? Uh, extreme deformity of the face and overall body shape.

    God, that almost sounds as bad as “the missionary position for the sole purpose of reproduction.” Guess I’ve just jaded myself via too much pasta.

  151. To be honest the paranormal pastas don’t really scare me. They are interesting and most of them very well written but the pastas that really send shivers down my spine and make me look around the next corner are the ones that actually could happen. I just read Fuzzy and by the end I was shaking. Maybe it is just the kid being involved but the ones that don’t have strange beings or entities or foriegn paranormal planes are the ones that keep me up at night. All in all. Keep them coming

  152. Nonexistence. Simple really. No matter your religious beliefs there is a great deal of us that believe in an afterlife. Even those of you that don’t have strong beliefs accept some sort of life after death. But just imagine not existing in general. Not in this plane of existence or the next or an alternate one. Just plain nonexistence. Its kinda hard to understand for some, but this is just me.

    1. i have thought so much about this topic. What is it? Just blackness? Can’t think, or see, or feel? Oh, well. I tend to ramble.

  153. Man Jeff The Killer and the Slenderman scare the balls outta me. Lying awake at night too scared to sleep.

  154. i am not scared of spiders, i usually like to mess with them or kill them in exotic ways, like with my forehead or something. I am also not scared of pain, in eighth grade some buddies and i used to show how tough we were by letting the others hurt you in some way and the object of the game was to not show pain. i earned the nick name the terminator. lolz. I am not scared of death either, because i know exactly where im going. not to sound like a christian or anything (because im agnostic) but because i saw a glimpse of my heaven, or at least where i would like to go when i die, in a dream once and if i do ever feel scared i just think of that place and then im ready for what ever would happen to me. the one thing that i am scared of is regret, i regret so many things i have done in the past that i am scared to mess up anything else.

  155. I actually have a really bad fear of needles. I’m so glad I’m not diabetic ._. But yeah, everytime I go to the doctor’s, I end up crying, haha. I also had to get some crap that knocks you out when I went to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I started crying when they put it in. Then I woke up with a panic attack xD

  156. Inside me i feel something is unsetteling,some part of my minds tell to do wrong thing like killin everyone around u,killing urself & sometimes i even feel like i am gonna loose my mind which i fear the most

    the fuk is happenin….cmnt needs to be written in WEBSITE box & LEAVE A REPLY gets posted as name…wtf

  157. See…one time i swear i saw Slenderman. I know he may or may not be real, but i swear to God i saw him. it was about midnight, and i got out of bed and looked out my window. he was on the sidewalk, looking up at me. i ran back in bed, and hid under the covers. Slenderman people.

  158. My greatest fear would have to be silence.
    the walls speak of your deep[est darkest secrets and know exactly how to push your mind to its edge.

  159. jeff the killerreally scares the fuck out of me even tho people and websites say he is dead but think abut it u wake up with a white skind werdo saying go to sleep that just scares the fuck out of me if i had to i would fucking grab my shot or hand gun and shoot him directly in the eyes so he would di!unless he is undead?!

  160. I am scared of any kind of dolls or creepy masks, basicly anything that just stares at you and judges creeps me right the fuck out

  161. Inside me i feel something is unsetteling,some part of my minds tell to do wrong thing like killin everyone around u,killing urself & sometimes i even feel like i am gonna loose my mind which i fear the most

    Inside me i feel something is unsetteling,some part of my minds tell to do wrong thing like killin everyone around u,killing urself & sometimes i even feel like i am gonna loose my mind which i fear the most

  162. Fights going badly!
    I’m a pretty tough guy usually, but im terrified that if someone attacks me and I fail miserably to defend myself, they might really muller me some.
    That’s really a frightening thing to try and imagine.

  163. Tommeh the mortal

    I fear mirrors. Not my reflection but mirrors are featured in so many scary stories and films. It may even be a phobia. One thing i do not fear is death. I look forward to it even. I want to see what the afterlife is. And if there isnt one im gonna be pissed :)

  164. When I sleep, I always have my covers covering my left ear (I sleep on my right side). I’ve been doing that since i was really young and its cause when my covers aren’t covering that ear, I just get a really strange feeling that somethings going to eat it or grab it or something. Every time i don’t have it covering my ears, I see strange apparitions standing outside my bedroom door and as long as I keep staring at the apparition, it slowly gets closer to me and when I blink it it moves slower. Once the figure get almost just a few feet from me, my body suddenly goes into a panic mode and i’m rushing the covers over my entire body and I just lay there for a few minutes not moving. The nights that doesn’t have that happen I will sleep normally but and random times in the night, a loud noise would rush over my ear and instantly wakes me up. When I wake up my ear is ringing from how loud it was and my heart is beating like I ran a marathon or something. I’m not sure why this stuff happens but that’s why I sleep with my covers covering that ear, because if I don’t, one of those things is guaranteed to happen…

  165. My biggest fears are being blind, deaf and paralyzed, even partially.
    Blind because I love to look around and if I can’t see, I panic because I don’t know where anything/one is or if danger is nearby.
    Deaf because I want to be able to hear my family/friends/children’s voices and I can’t live without them or music.
    Paralyzed because I want to be able to do things and draw and write and hold my future children etc. Not being able to move makes me feel like I’m being held hostage and is seriously disorientating. D:

  166. my greatest fear is death. It is because death is the only thing in life that we know for sure that lasts forever, and I am afraid what might be on the other side( if there is one).

  167. What terrifies me most is, getting up every day and opening the door of my bedroom to go out into the foyer. I usually expect it to just be my foyer, but sometimes I hear noises of my cat or the air conditioning turning on, but those creep me out as I wonder if my family has been murdered or whenever I go down the stairs when it’s dark I expect Freddie Krueger there, waiting to kill me.

  168. I’d have to say the dark, for sure. Now, before you say “Oh ur such a pussy lol”, understand that I’ve always had the worst experiences with darkness. Things that aren’t (or are) there suddenly appear, stuff makes more noise, it seems like anything and everything is out to get me. I have a legitimate fear of sleeping without a T.V. on. When I’m surrounded by dark, my mind has a bad way of making its host feel horrible: imagining every single thing that frightens me and surrounding me with them. One minute, in my bed, the next, surrounded by clowns, serial killers, zombies (that’s right), and whatever else my mind conjures. I sometimes think I’m insane, because I not only see them, but I also hear them, their taunting, their cursing, their ragged breathing. My nights are made of nightmare.

  169. My greatest fear is more or less cliche, but it is what it is. And I also had a dream about it too. Um, it’s basically being alone. And I had a nightmare where I had woken up in my apartment with my family gone. And even when i went back to my room everything that WAS there was gone. So I ended up just sitting in the room crying, staring at more or less blank walls. The only color really there being the green rug, pretty vivid nightmare XD woke me up in cold sweats man. Don’t know why. So yup, my fear is being alone.

    1. I’m afraid of being alone in my home cause then it’s so quiet and I find it disturbing for some reason. We’ve got two cats and a dog, but since they can’t talk… And even with the radio or TV on, it’s no use. ):

  170. I’m afraid of fire; anything larger than a flame from a lighter terrifies me, and I honestly have no idea why.

  171. People who grin all the time frightens me…not the friendly type grins…but grin nonstop. When they talk..when they’re angry…when they’re unhappy, they keep grinning. It’s very unnerving..

    Also dolls with eyes that open/close…*shivers*

  172. Intrepid Commenter

    I am only afraid of something if I cannot fight back, I don;t need a rational chance of success, only a chance to fight. Animals, werewolves, zombies, and other tangible, mortal things don’t unnerve me. Spirits, shades, “demons”, immortals, shadows, etc etc., terrify me. The thought of being completely at their mercy is cripplingly frightful. I suppose the thought that by some chance I can use strength, skills, and will to overcome my enemy or die trying really comforts me. *Disclaimer* I mention “unnerve”, I’m not saying a “tangible, mortal thing” couldn’t scare me but I would react knowing I can effect my own survival…

  173. I am scared of it, if and only if, I can’t fight it. That being said a rational chance of winning is not required. A werewolf, for example, is made of meat and though it will most likely kill me, I can still fight back. A spirit, a “demon”, shade, immortal, vision, etc., terrify me purely because I am at their mercy with no way to combat them through strength of arms.

  174. The one thing I fear most is spiders they are just…Weird, I don’t like them….Stalkers are also quite disturbing to me but I don’t fully FEAR them

  175. I’m also afraid of being in either water so deep I cant see the bottom, or really murky water.

    This probably stems from a childhood experience where I fell out of a canoe and into an eels nest. All I could do was try to get onto a big rock and curl my toes under my feet so the eels didn’t chew them off. It was so scary, just feeling all these slithering bodies ramming into my legs and tearing off little chunks of flesh. I ended up swimming like mad to the shore, but it took me a bit to muster up the courage to do so because I was afraid they would bite into my stomach and start tearing my guts out.

  176. I’m scared of just about everything. The worst one is demons and the things that hide in the dark. When i was little i convinced myself that the portal to hell was under my bed and it stuck. Mirrors are scary too.

  177. The thing I am most afraid of is people who are twisty. And what I mean by that is anyone who is unnaturally bendy, it freaks me the f*ck out.

  178. I’ve got narcolepsy so I experience vivid dreams normally, one of them involving a deep-voiced shadowy figure (not cartoony at all haha) – my biggest fear is being consumed or having my soul consumed by an entity during a narcolepsy episode that’s mixed with sleep paralysis. I’ve seen figures with elongated faces and frowns walk up to me in my sleep and nearly piss myself awake out of fear. Once I slept with my girlfriend and she woke up scared next to me, “feeling something in the room” for some reason. After that incident, no thanks bro. Sleeping has easily became my #1 fear, scarier than mutilation, necrosis or gangrene.

  179. Spiders. Really fucking large spiders.

    And nonexistence. Every night when I’m having a hard time sleeping at night, I would think about the whole universe ending and death and the afterlife and whatnot. It’s creepy.

  180. I honestly don’t have fear per se. When I was little though, I was scared of a lot of things, monsters, the darkness etc…

    But I have grown out of it I guess, the only thing I can remotely think of is great heights.

  181. It’s a bit hard to explain?

    My fear is of… An infinite blackness… A total loss of consciousness… Nothingness… The abyss… All pretty much the same. It’s so bad that if I action replay my Pokemon game and run in the dark for too long I have a panic attack. I can’t even seriously think about it or I totally lose it. It’s really bad.

    Oh, and worms. When I see them I feel them all over my skin and in my mouth and throat. It sucks.

    1. Oh, oh!

      And I freaking HATE mirrors! I can never look away because I’m afraid it will still be looking at me and my face won’t be my own! Really, I hate reflective surfaces. Period.

      And when you look away, how do you know it’s NOT still looking?

  182. im scared of having dreams, nightmares or whatever because most of the dreams I have in the rear end it would always be hard to breath, like something choking on me it mostly lasts at least 42 seconds when im almost out of breath and then I would wake up, im scared that I might die while having a dream either good or a bad one

  183. For me, I’d have to say my fears would be falling, being locked in a small space with no way to escape, or being entirely alone. (To where no one likes me)
    Falling: just looking over a ledge make me uneasy. I can’t have anything over it to, fearing that ill drop it.
    Locked in a small space: I’m subjectively clustrophobic (in my own meaning:I like being in small spaces just some make me nervous and I’ll freak out) but I can’t be in a place where I can’t escape, I’ll feel like I’m suffocating.
    Loneliness: I’m used to being surrounded by people, and I tend to be emotionally unstable. So if I’m alone I feel as though I’d probably take my life. (But luckily I haven’t felt like that)

  184. I am absolutely scared shitless if I’m around spinning blades. It could be a cieling fan, a blender, helicopter… I just can’t stand to be around them. I’m always afraid of them flying at me and stabbing me in my throat. I cant even have a fan on.

  185. The Kid In Black

    What I fear most is backwards played songs. I haven’t the slightest idea why, but they always make me feel like I am going to be gutted by a guy who randomly bursts into my room. Call me crazy, but it’s true.

  186. What scares me the most is the though that I might hurt someone really badly. I have had a rough past and it has left me with a much more…. unforgiving and violent side (and by side I mean other personality). I can keep it under control but if someone threatens those I care about or purposely starts getting on my nerves it starts to work it way out and I have trouble keeping it under. If I ever hurt someone for any reason though it would kill me inside.

  187. I hate mirrors , that would have to be my biggest fear ……also windows or actually any type of reflection. I guess because one time when i was 12 i did bloody mary with a candle when my cat was in my bathroom with me and i had the candle next to the mirror and i notice my candle had a small fire tip and the one in the mirror was taller i guess and when the cat saw i noticed it he jumped and gave me a scratch down my left cheek ……..so now i try to avoid mirrors

  188. My greatest fear is things that mess with the mind, like growing insanity, Intense paranoia, things like that, but still being sane enough to know you’re crazy.
    Also, darkness. Darkness scary

    1. I’m goin down that road. It really sucks, but there are worse things I think. I have stress induced psychosis and severe anxiety (so yes I’m quite paranoid) but it’s not as bad as you might think. And yes I know I’m nuts. But still sane enough to know what’s what. (but still crazy enough to have to touch people’s faces in dark rooms to make sure they still have a face)

  189. Being alone and the unknown. I can’t stand because you never know what will happen, if someone will die or if something is hunting you. Being alone means whatever is happening, you have no one to help you in any way or form. It just absolutely terrifies me.

  190. My most biggest fear is having no fear. Sounds weird but its true. Without fear I would probably be dead by now. Fear has saved my life many times before!

  191. Im scared of 3 things. One is jeff. That freaking smile.Another is slenderman. Scared of him, he’s just too creepy without a face and all those stories and sighting. The last thing is corridors and turning corners at night, corridors, you can’t see anything but darkness mainly, and corners, I think someones going to be around it to kill me or something.

  192. I’m afraid of windows. I mean, in the day time they’re fine but at night, I’m usually the last one to go upstairs, so I have to turn everything off before I go to bed and when I go through the short hallway to go upstairs, there is my front door right in front of it and three small windows going horizontally about half way down the door and I’m always afraid that someone is going to peek into them.

  193. I like masks, you can be somebody else when you put it on. Hate your life? Put on a mask and you will have a new identity. Feeling scared? Put on a mask with no eyes. I would like to put a mask on because dolls. Dolls are scary. Scarier then Slender men. Scarier then the rake. Scarier then jeff the killer. Only because dolls are inanimate. Well slendermen is also scary but not as much as teleporting dolls.

  194. When your in the forest, y’know playing around at dawn. Just walking down a pathway and you see something more horrible then anything on the earth in the corner of your eye and you decide to ignore it and go on some more. I had that happen to me when I was 10, I was on a easter hunt.

  195. I’m most afraid knowing something is coming for me and knowing I’m going to have to face it. For example, if I’m alone and here something like the Rake screeching getting closer to me. The suspension terrifies me.

  196. I mostly fear death. I’m scared of it because I don’t know what’s going to happen when I die. Death also scares me because I feel as if the people I love will be gone too fast. My mom, my dad, before I know it my fear will take them. It has already stolen my grandpa’s from my life. I just hope death is nice to me and won’t take the people I love out of my life.

  197. Ever since My sisters furby woke me up at 2 am, when i was 6, ive been terrified of them. although i kinda want one of those new ones….

  198. My greatest fear is when I’m asleep worms will crawl into my ears and crawl to my brain and then eat me from the inside out!

  199. I’m also terrified of padded cells. Just thinking of being locked in one of those dimly-lit Hell-holes makes me shudder. Wouldn’t you think so? Or drugged up on so much medication that you couldn’t even think, let alone able to act normally? And don’t even get me started on those horrid straitjackets!!! What if you had a really bad itch on the top of your head but you couldn’t scratch it because you were wrapped up in a straitjacket? I think it all adds up to a fear of Mental Hospitals for me….CREEPY places, I tell yee. You’ll never find me voluntarily walk into one of those f**king places. They’d have to drag my a** into it. But even then, I’d go down kicking and screaming before getting anywhere near a Mental Hospital (or padded cell). Hell, they’d have to knock me out if they would even dream of putting me in one of them.

    Whoa. that rant just sorta happened out of nowhere….Well anyways, THAT’s truly something to fear!!!

  200. Since I turned 10 I have not found anything that has scared or saddened me. Within the last 2 months I have been forced to move houses and my dog died that same week. I’m 15. When these things happened I showed no emotion what so ever. And I can not think of anything that scares me either. I think of things that horrify my friends and craft stories that scare them as well. But nothing that scares me.

  201. I’d have to say I’m most afraid of people like in Lightning or Dear Abby, or the one where the person killed the child to sneak drugs across the border, since any of those are actually possible and could happen to you.

    1. would you find comfort if after everybody is gone you heard a voice that said: “i want to play a game…”

  202. The thing I’m most afraid of is – it depends. If someone asked me that in real life, I would tell them “Being kidnapped” or something like that. But it’s not really that…being anonymous on the internet makes me more honest. Okay, well, I always read stories, mostly fantasy, and people get kidnapped/captured by the enemy/whatever. And I always come up with at least 5 ways I would be able to escape in those situations. So I guess my real fear would be being kidnapped and not being able to do anything to escape it.

    In regards to scary creatures, I’m not really afraid of them because I don’t believe in anything paranormal, despite reading and writing fantasy. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, when I can’t sleep, the night after I’ve read Creepypastas (which I don’t do too often), I get paranoid about ghosts, even if they aren’t even bad in the story. But it’s pretty much the 1st one.

  203. My worst fear is not dying, I know that sounds a bit odd but I take great comfort in knowing that one day all the bullshit will end. One day I won’t have to think, care, fear, love, feel, nothing… and that day will be the day I die and that will be the ultimate release for me, this is not to say that I am suicidal, quite the opposite, I’m not brave enough to end my life and so I am stuck with it and because of that I will make the most of the short time I have here.But yes, the thought of living for eternity terrifies me, I embrace everything that life throws at me, the sorrow and the joy, you can’t have one without the other but I could not endure this forever.

  204. One Doesn't Simply Put His Name Here


    I think my fear (and my only one, I don’t remember another… at least not now) is something rather… unusual.
    I frequently have this dream where I am a predator of some kind. Sometimes I am a bird, sometimes I am a big lizard, sometimes I am a feline. But I am always chasing another human, and all the times this “predator thing” shape change to myself. I know that this thing is me, I know that I am hunting a fellow human, and I like it, even when I don’t want to.
    I often get up sweating, with my heart racing. And I often start thinking about how would it be to hunt someone, if I got too distracted… It feels like something is trying to take control of my mind.
    I fear that entity, or whatever it is. I fear that it is a hidden monster inside myself. I fear what I can become if I lose control…

    Sorry about any mistakes, english is not my main language.

  205. If you go to google and look up something like “Jigsaw Puppet”, That is a pretty good sum up of my greatest fear. Imagine if you are half asleep, laying down with your eyes closed. You hear something in your room, so you open your eyes, and what do you see? Someone you don’t know, wearing a fucked up puppets mask staring back down at you. That just gives me the shivers…

  206. I can honestly say that I don’t have any fears. At least not of the unknown, because to me the unknown is exactly that. We do not know what it is therefore we fear it, and in my expirience just because I do not know what something is does not mean that I am going to fear it. I have been around many things that people consider to be “creepy” and “scary” and none of it ever freaks me out or makes me scared in any form or fashion. I.e. clowns,snakes,spiders,bugs in general,going into the woods at night (or during the day),dark hallways, etc… the list goes on and on. I have never had a paranormal expirience although i have been to many so called “haunted houses” that lots of people swore up and down were haunted. Never expirienced anything bad while i was there in them, and yes i have slept and spent the night in many of them. Although one time I did hear a creaking noise in the basement of an abandoned house but it turned out to be a homeless man. lol. That was rather amusing. Anyways I digress. The reason i come to this website is to see if anything can possibly scare me..nothing ever does but i do see lots of excellent and awesome writing and stories. So heres to hoping that one day something does scare me…I highly doubt it though. My mind is one of rationality and logic.

    1. And in other cases such as realistic things. Like someone holding a gun to my head or some other sort of real life danger..those just don’t cut it for me. I mean yes the possibility of me getting my head blown off or dying in some other realistic fashion does suck when I think about it, it still does not scare me. I accept the fact that I could die at any moment (not in a paranoid sort of way but rather in a calm way like “well theres always the possibility but its unlikely”) I find that the more someone ruminates upon a subject, the more likely they are to fabricate false ideas and images and scenarios in there heads. As with the whole slenderman concept. He’s simply not real. And if he were then i would surely enjoy putting his abilities to the test. But his origins are from the internet and they are not in any way fabricated from back stories of german culture or any other thing. The same goes for many internet born deities of the such. But once again I digress. It is fun to be scared but ever since I have gotten older and lost my irrational thinking I find that I am no longer able to be scared no matter what sort of situation I am put under..this simply sucks for i wish to be scared again..i miss the adrenaline rush and the hightened state of alertness that my body is forced into when i am scared and for that I hate not having a fear… guys! Halp! D:

  207. I hate my paranoia, because im a night owl and without the hallyway light on, im already thinking about what is going to happen when i walk down the isle..

  208. I hate my paranoia, because im a night owl and without the hallyway light on, im already thinking about what is going to happen when i walk down the isle…

  209. You saw thi soming eventually guys, slender man and the rake. Its just the thought of waking up to the rake next to you, from been watched or chased by slenderman, i mean, if you know heaps of stuff about slender man like totheark and marble hornets, you know things get serious with him, and the rake, like tge story about the women, who saw him, and saw him hurt her daughter, she said he ruined her life, but slender is so different from his history, to his kinnapings and killings, i sometimes get paranoid during tge night but at day its fine. And as a kid, aliens, just imagine aliens coming through your room one night and and, god knows what,

    That is all :3

  210. Slendys gonna get u!

    Erm, well I am terrified of a lot of things, but my main fears are spiders, needles , and le dark. I hate being alone in the house as well, because with my vivid and intense imagination, well, anything with a .001% chance of happening, I’ll think of it.

  211. The possibility that every word I say, every thought I have, and every action I take are being observed by a group of people surrounding my pseudo-unconcious shell of a body.

    My life is a fabrication of my own, and everything within it is known to those people surrounding me. Society judges me based on what I think and do in this false reality… and I’m merely a delusional madman.

    One day I will awake in the real world; everything about who I am is not what I thought it was.

    Bleh.

  212. There are only a few things that scare me.

    First, the thought that I will now surely die. I’ve always avoided it (of course), but it always causes me to freeze, but stories don’t do that for me.

    Second, there is being pursued by the unknown. I was reading “It” by Stephen King, and I was much more terrified of “It” when I didn’t know what It was. Once I found out, it didn’t scare me as much. Known things have weaknesses, strengths, signs of approach. I don’t know what it wants, what it will do, how it does it, or anything else. All I know is that it wants to harm me. Not the dark… The dark doesn’t scare me. I’m not so paranoid as to believe everything in the dark wants my blood, but when I do believe it, it terrifies me.

    Third, I’m scared of becoming like the evil things. If you think about it, that’s a common theme in many stories: werewolves, zombies, vampires. If you’re bitten by them, you become like them (or else die). Or you could look at ghosts, deathly sick people, or tempters.

  213. I am afraid of creepy dolls and dark rooms with open doors. My mom would always get mad at me for closing my door when I was sleeping, because she didn’t think i needed privacy as a kid. She would want to leave all the doors open so she could “check on us” if she wanted to. I couldn’t explain to her what was wrong that she didn’t think was dumb.

    It wasn’t until she realized I actually slept through the night with the door closed.

  214. My greatest fear would probably be failure. It’s not anything creepy or scary, but a great dreading of letting myself or others down. Like if I don’t live up to my expectations for my future, I don’t I’d be able to live with myself.

  215. Madison Houston

    Well, I hate the water. Just the thought of getting a bath gets my heart racing. I’m honestly not sure why.
    Second, I fear old antique dolls because my friend owned a Chucky doll, and I unexpectedly ran into it and flipped out, so those are my fears pretty much.

  216. The dark… and it’s the fault of Doctor Who. I’d always had a fear of the dark ever since I was a child, and watching Silence in the Library just did it for me… and I also believe that as long as I’m under the covers, nothing can get me. I’m even afraid of stretching out while I’m asleep. I have to curl into a ball, otherwise I can’t sleep and get totally freaked out. But I have a lot of fears that I could list because when I was a child, I was a dreamer (which I still am) and loved stories to death, so I read as many as I could, which meant a lot of horror stories too. I know too much.

  217. I fear the silence most. not that ordinary silence that comes and goes at the gusting wind. I fear dead silence that the mind can’t handle and creates all sorts of noises in your head

  218. my biggest fear is mirrors, dont laugh im scared because you will be brushing your teeth and then put your head down to the faucet to rinse out your mouth and when you pull your head up somethings staring at you in the mirror.

  219. I recently started getting over my fear of the dark, but I also used to fear the girl from The Ring… what was her name? Samara? or something like that. It’s weird, because I’ve never even seen the full movie: only a parody, maybe a couple of trailers, and it was on once and I tried to watch it but just watched maybe one scene…
    The thing is, I heard a story about some guy finding a homeless woman living in his house for like a year, and he was old so when he realized small things were disappearing he thought it was just his memory or something… And then this woman just pops out of nowhere. Just, like “oh, I hope you don’t mind, I’ve been living in your closet for the past year”, like the girl from The Ring crawling out of your damn TV.
    And when I was a kid and went to throw out the trash, I’d always hum to myself and keep turning around to see if anyone was behind me. We lived in a building and the hallway to the garbage chute wasn’t even that dark, but the more I thought about what might pop out of the garbage chute, the more paranoid I’d become, and in the end I would run back to our apartment, ring the bell, and stand with my back to the door until someone opened it xD

  220. Nice to meet me

    What I most fear? Truth to be told, death. I have always hoped a fast death with no hurts, for example death in my sleep. I also fear anything that can harm me. I also have a fear that someone is actually better than me. Yes, I know I am not that good, but I feared that someone is much better than me in the league which I can be first.

  221. I don’t like standing alone in open spaces, like walking to my car in an empty parking lot freaks me out. I’m afraid of the dark and I hate being unarmed. When I’m home alone I carry my pocket knife around. I guess I have a fear of being helpless. Also, the song “Tiptoe Through the Tulips” from that movie Insidious freaks me the hell out to no end. I actually slapped my boyfriend at the time in the face because he wouldn’t stop singing it.

  222. Im afraid of the unknown. Seems cliche, but if I don’t know anything about something or a situation, I’m going to be very afraid.

  223. Adam Cinelioglu

    What scares me the most goes without saying.

    But I am terrified by the unknown, the unexplainable, the undefinable.

    It’s certainly the most eerie and most fear inducing way to instil mental paralysis into me, leaving a disturbed lasting impression that has me up most nights.

  224. The Great Llama Amalume Sama

    I have the fear of not being able to breath… When I was four I was eating a hard candy and I swallowed it. I could have died if it didnt melt any faster.
    Also I absolutely love heights and the feeling of falling, but I fear that I know if I fall off of a tall ledge I’ll probably die.

  225. I’m afraid of sleep paralysis. I feel defenseless when it occurs. The worst part is when I start seeing monster or demon even though I know it’s not real.

    1. Ive had a couple of those. And i know your pain.
      I looked into lucid dreaming to help me with that and it did not help. Its like the brain fights back when you try to get lucid. The dream changes or you wake up and all.

      I once just gave up and decided to close my eyes and let the demons get me and that seemed to wake me up. Ive never have been able to duplicate the result though. I havent had another sleep paralysis and if i do have one i dont think i will remember to do this. But just giving up seems to be a way out. Fighting it, yelling or trying to scream has always made it worse for me.

      1. Once trying to go lucid woke me justenough so that I was fully consice butnotenough to rid of theseep parlysis I was stuck there for sometime till my mom woke me fully… that wad themost terrorfying thing ever

    1. JEFF! hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi! u r dee best, duuuuuuuuuuuuuude! =3 i thought i saw u in mah window like alot of months ago… did u c my big smile? u r awsome. oh aaaaannnd… can u tell slendy 2 hav mii as his nxt victum plz? u probubly allredy know where i live sooooooooooooooooooo… plz? hes my hero and i luv him so much!!!!!!!!!!! i want 2 meet him in persun… =3

  226. I fear the unknown. Last night I was staying up late to around one, and I had little sleep. I was in a basement and it was dar, but just enough light so I could barely see the other side of the room. I was on my iPad until three when I decided to get some sleep. Until I heard a clanging sound coming from the room where we breed birds to sell. It didn’t sound like a bird, and I was hallucinating from exhaustion. I could see things moving in the corner of my eye, and it was a pain to get to sleep. I woke up before I even realized I passed out. I’m terrified of the darkness because I can’t see anything… I don’t know if something is with me. That’s when my natural instincts kick in, my hearing becomes more alert and my body just freezes. I hate that feeling.

  227. It may sound really childish, but I’m deathly afraid of the dark. Well, less of the dark and more what’s in it.

  228. I have no idea. im not scared of blood, not really scared of monsters, or the dark,not scared of demons. im not brave but these things dont scare me. Im not afraid of commitment.not afraid of clowns. i think i have some deep phsycological fears like going insane and stuff like that. i think i have a fear of seeing what others cant. sometimes i do see thing that others cant, and it scares me. i dont know. im not fearless though.

  229. Cannibalism really freaks me out. I can watch zombies eat brains, vampires suck blood, werewolves tear of heads, murderers stab and brutalize people (I am talking about film, TV and books here), ghosts do creepy crap and all that without blinking an eye. If someone even talks about cannibalism though I just feel sick, like there’s something at the bottom of my stomach trying to get out of my throat. I don’t know why, I just get like that. It’s not like I’ve ever met a cannibal. I watched that film The Road which wasn’t even a horror, yet I still can’t help but think about it often. The thought of humans eating humans, bleh! I think if there was a global nuclear war I would just kill myself rather than try and survive by eating others (or any other situation like the Donner Party). Anyway, just thought I’d share. x

  230. I fear myself. I am schizophrenic, so my mind likes to make me believe that there are people whispering behing my door, but I can’t hear what they’re saying. I lay in bed, when all the world is quiet, then I hear the shifting of the bodies in my wall. They’re not dead? They’re not even real; so I tell myself, but I can HEAR them! I can’t sleep, the little shadows keep zipping in and out of my peripheral vision, they hide before I can focus on them. There’s the man who roams the hallway in front of my room, making sure every single floor board shifts under his weight. I’ve seen him once, he just smiled and stood, while I ran to the bathroom. There’s blood on the mirror, but only for a second. My eyes are just huge, vacant holes in my head. But only for a moment. I’m being tortured in my own mind, and nothing I can do will help. I can talk to Steven, but what good can he do? He’s only here to comfort me. He hasn’t seen the things I have. He doesn’t know what it’s like. Neither do the doctors. They act like the shadows aren’t even there! How can someone help me when they don’t know how it feels to be trapped and tortured by your own mind, with nowhere to run, nowhere to hide…

    1. Perhaps you CAN see those things. I’m not a doctor, but perhaps schizophrenia makes you able to see the unseen or the creepy in general.

  231. My worst nighmares are the ones involving sleep paralysis. The ability to be unable to scream or move some how makes that dream exponentially terrifying.

    I cant imagine to be that helpless. To be stuck inside my own body. I guess all fear stems from uncertainity.

  232. Honestly, I’m afraid of the dark. Rather what’s in the dark.
    Ever since I was a child I hated it, I always thought I saw things running through it. And I heard noises. I now know it was just my creative imagination playing tricks on me, but I still hate it to the extreme.

    Also if I’m in the water and I cant tough the bottom or I don’t know what’s beneath me I go into immediate panic attack.

  233. Right, this might sound weird, but my greatest fear is any inanimate object in the form of, or portraying, something. It’s not specifically porcelain dolls, or clown dolls, or anything conventional. It could even be a stuffed dog or something.

    This is because when I was younger I had lots of… Well, ‘difficulties’ and I would barely leave the house except for school, so I barely had any friends whatsoever. It was the typical situation whereby the only friends I had were my toys. Be it a porcelain doll or a Barbie doll, my cat’s wind up mouse or even some small plastic thing from a cereal box, I’d treat every single one as though it had feelings, and a conscience. But the thing is, I never wanted to let them down. If I went out of my room for a few minutes, all I could ponder on was whether or not they’d be angry with me. If I didn’t give them food from my dinner plate, I’d be scared they would call me abusive names and threaten me. It was awful.

    Eventually I sought psychiatric help and things became a lot more bareable, but I simply cannot look at, let alone touch another object made in the image of something living. They scare me out of my wits!

  234. I would have to say that my worst fear is when things stare at me. However, i’m not really afraid when people stare at me, or even if a drawing stares at me; anything that just stares straight at me with a completely blank expression: China Dolls, certain dead creatures, certain characters on t.v. Shows. I used to have this sort of recirring day-dream that everyone around me would just stop, turn around, and stare straight at me. Terrifying.

  235. I have a fear of the obvious really, and mirrors oh gawd I hate mirrors, I don’t mind the dark it’s almost welcoming. And scary looking dolls, though little sisters from Bioshock are an exception as they’re misunderstood. And BEN…

  236. Probably not being able to fight back or overcome something scares me the most. As a logical person I like to think everything and anything can be overcome with the right method and tactics. However also believing in the supernatural the idea of something that cant be explained and therefore can’t be fought scares me more than anything

  237. I have a massive fear of being alone, while also having a large fear or messing up when around people.

    The fact that I crave attention to those I love, and yet I don’t wish to spend too much time before they notice my flaws.

    I suppose it is not very scary.

  238. Any animal that swims around underwater and touches me. The movie Anaconda scarred me for life. It doesn’t help living in rural kentucky where all the water is muddy and fish brush your legs all the time. Swimming pools all the way, bro.

  239. Fraid of everything. Ready to punch people coming from around the corner too suddenly. Maybe I should just learn to scream..

  240. Well let’s see there’s slenderman ,stalkers, banshee, kelpies, the mirror in the morning, closed doors, zombies, tiny spiders (ironically I’m not afraid of big spiders), creepy pastas, illness, cursed wine cabnets, bullies, psycotic people, smile.jpg, half afraid of death, nightmares, murcury. Stuff like that (this is the short list) bye

  241. I’m scared of dolls. Any sort of doll. Porcelain, rag, barbie. I used to have a bunch of them when I was little. I have older cousins and they gave me all their used toys so I had a whole room of dolls. I remember just laying awake at night, with all their eyes just staring at me. Like little soulless bodies. I can’t have them in the same house as me unless they are put up or, even better, locked away. I just think there’s something evil about them.

  242. I don’t really know how to say if this is a fear or not but all that magick and holy/unholy(or both) forces seem to circle around me all the time. when I was about ten years old. I noticed that I could somewhat control wind. I’m not fooling you. I just thought about stopping the wind and it did. later on this skill has reduced but still when I get angry, there may be a gust of wind. my emotions seem to affect the enviroment. I have been diagnosed with AD/HD and my emotions can shift quikly. It’s hard to explain how scary but somehow inspiring it is to have such “skills”. I’m afraid because I don’t really know what I am. Please tell me if one of you can do the same.

    1. something very similar happens to me. When I get extremely angry the lights around me brighten up. When I caught my girlfriend cheating on me I got so angry that some actually exploded I too have AD/HD

  243. I’m really afraid of the dark. More like, what could be in it. The unknown…. Never know if slendy is hiding in the shadows. :S

  244. I don’t really know that I’m afraid of anything.
    Sure, some things may startle me, like things jumping out of nowhere in movies. But I can’t think of anything that would actually frighten me.
    I used to be afraid of bees, but then I realized that I could squish them and their stings don’t hurt that much. I’m not afraid of spiders, I have a pet tarantula…
    I suppose that the only thing I’m REALLY afraid of is people.
    I am terrified of becoming like people, of being open to people.
    I am afraid of showing emotions and weaknesses.
    I am afraid of being afraid.

  245. Probably the dark. Not the monster that could be hiding under my bed or in the closet, but what can be in the dark. Things that could be real, but we will never know for sure.

  246. When I’m alone at night I draw down all the curtains, close all the unused rooms and turn on all the lights. Dark doorways in my peripheral vision scare the shit out of me.

  247. A lot of things. Mostly my own thoughts, as they contain horrific tings that send shiver through my whole body and my still-beating heart into my throat.

  248. Pastor J-Cole Slaw

    I am kind of afraid of death. I am afraid of being neglected and being on my own, but I have yet to overcome those fears. I do not like mirrors because due to extreme paranoia, I would expect my reflection to turn into something horrible and try to kill me.
    I don’t like porcelain dolls, or marionettes.
    Spiders are just scary. Anything crawly and can do harm is scary.
    Parasites scare me. The idea of being possess by one is terrifying to me.
    Hmmm. Let’s see. Scary, big men wandering at night scare me because I fear that they will rape me or something.
    I am afraid of a lot of things, but not as much as the things I hate.
    But fear is just an illusion.
    Isn’t it?
    Fear is the unknown. Like how you’ll never know when you will die or be infected by parasites. I am afraid of what the unknown brings.

  249. I’d say one of my worst fears is being in a horrible accident (no specific accident in particular), and instead of dying ending up terribly deformed or severely physically/mentally handicapped…or something like that happening to a loved one..

    1. Ooh, me too! It’s horrible, because I’m constantly getting teased anyway… and if it made me not able to do something that I love to do, like climb trees or read… that would be so bad…

  250. I fear something ruining my life, like something horribly traumatic happening that will effect the rest of my days …

  251. My biggest fear is losing all sense of myself. Not knowing who I am would drive me to darkest reaches of my mind and that scares me the most.

  252. Caitlin The Lone Wanderer

    Madness or some other major deviance from what I accept as reality. G.A.G. mentioned earlier something similar. “Psychosis” is one of my absolute favorite stories, creepy pasta or otherwise, because it hit on my deepest fear. Same with “String Theory”. As an individual afflicted with major depressive disorder, anxiety disorder, Asperger’s, OCD, and mild borderline personality disorder, and traumatic past events, I dread my chemical and neurological anomalies damaging my rational, logical, and “normal” self. I read about serial killers and other appalling criminals and see more often than not evidence of mental disease and traumatic events. I am repulsed by loss of life; I’m even vegetarian. Knowing that I and virtually anyone may be one trauma, one mental disease, away from losing reality and committing heinous acts without understanding what they are doing terrifies me more than I am able to express.
    Sociopaths have a neurological deviance that causes them to lack emotion. In effect their reality is not ours because they have no understanding or ethics. Sure they can be told what is right and wrong, but that does not mean they understand it. It is like me with Asperger’s; I find small talk incredibly stupid and useless because my mental ability to understand the importance of social mores is impaired. I am told it has a purpose but I simply cannot comprehend it. I still believe it serves no purpose. That is a relatively harmless thing but at its basic level means my reality is different from others. Of course everyone interprets things differently and that is okay because we all know certain things are true; gravity pulls things down. The Earth is round. The moon controls the tides. But the fact that mundane differences in our realities may imply that we are malleable to complete lies about truth. We can be drugged to see purple jellyfish singing Billy Joel with a platypus. Alcohol makes normally unappealing things seem fine. Etc. etc. I dread one day discovering my reality is a facade; something reminiscent of the Matrix, perhaps, or like in “Psychosis”, what we perceive as reality is incomprehensibly fabricated. Something that would make me suspect my sanity has vanished but is actually true. It reminds me of when my braces chipped one of my teeth and needed a filling. It was a minor procedure so laughing gas was not really necessary but the orthodontist said it would ease my anxiety (which like I mentioned is an issue for me. Conversely, the change in auditory, visual, and mental perception terrified me because logically I was aware enough to know my reality was not as it seemed. My brain was manipulated into perceiving things that were false. The ease of which the human brain can be manipulated is concerning to me. I had an endoscopy when I was 17 to detect acid reflux issues. The doctors simply gave me an IV shot with a sedative and withing seconds I was out. What if we are all victims of some sort of alteration performed by another being or beings? Our civilization an experiment, like we perform on chimps, or just entertainment like a zoo of aquarium? I apologize for the verbosity; I seem to hold lot more fear than I thought.

  253. I’ve got one. Imagine you’re behind a counter selling clothes at Kohl’s or someplace, and this pale blue face slowly rises up from behind the counter with no eyes. Their eyes are sunk in and their mouth is wide open and stretched. No teeth, just a black hole. Almost like they’re screaming but there’s no sound.

  254. 2 things…
    -Ants, (the feeeling of them crawling over your body biting you and eating your flesh alive feeling completly powerless against so many of them)

    -Having an overdose of weed or any other drug, and forever being trapped with that sensation of a bad trip, with no scape from your own mind, knowing that this isnt the real world, but not being able to control the twisting of perception…

  255. I have this fear that some type of bug is going to crawl in my ear..I watching a show where this lady had a junebug stuck in her ear and ever since I saw that I sleep with earmuffs or headphones on. I’m also terrified of clowns,spiders,bugs,and dolls.

  256. Clowns…I know it doesn’t sound original, but let me explain. When I was little I had really bad dreams and, in one of them, a clown came up to me with a really creepy smile. He had like, sharp teeth, and blood dripping down his face, and he tried to bite me, so I screamed really loud as he grabbed my arm. He was shocked and fed off my fear, so he bit off a chunk of my arm. I woke up screaming and I saw a clown in the corner of my room. (keep in mind I’m like 5…) I scream and run out of my room. Then I wake up again and I’m sweating and panting like I ran a mile. I’ve been afraid of clowns ever since.

    1. A friend of mine had a nightmare with a clown… killing her friends and family. she never witnessed a murder, but when she arrived home just saw a bunch of candys on the couch, the bed, or her friends basement. (as if the clown would trade the bodys for candy.)
      When she encountered him, was stabbed.. instead of blood, it was candy flowing out of her stomach…

  257. I am prone to pretty intense anxieties, which I fear more than anything else.

    I grew up with the notion that the “other shoe” was always waiting to drop, even in the best of situations. It’s really sabotaged my relationships in the best. Even now, with the girl I’m going to marry, the more I fall in love with her and the more solid and reliable our relationship has become, I start to fear EVEN MORE that she will betray me or break my heart somehow.

    I’ve started to largely succeed in countering this aspect of my personality, but my imagination is so vivid that sometimes I need to shut down and wait for it to go away – I hate the idea that an imagined conversation or slight could have real-world consequences for the things that matter most to me…

    1. Oh god. Yeah, that. You just phrased it perfectly, that thing that people keep yelling at me about, the thing that basically fucks with almost every single thing I do and think and feel and–
      Yeah. Ugh.
      And that part about the worry just getting worse the better things get, that’s so true. Because the better things are, the more you have to lose and the more it will hurt to lose it.

  258. well, i personaly have two sets of fears; rational and illogical. most people problably do, too, but mine are very defined.

    in the realm of rational, i only fear a complete lack of sensory organs. think about it; without anything but the mind to keep one company, the outside world ceases to exist, and insanity looms ever present, waiting to rend your conciousness in two.

    my irrational fear is eldrich abominations, and the such. things that not only cannot be explained, but cannot be understood, no matter how hard we try. those are the best creepypastas, the ones that have an entity or even that cannot be defined, or understood, yet have a sense of ultra-realism that sends a shudder in the most hardy of souls.

  259. All my life i have been afraid of being alone. Inside my house, in my room, outside. As long as somebody, anybody, it could even be a dog, was with me i would be fine. Actually, its being alone in open spaces that i do’t like. if my back is up against a wall, and i can see in front of me, i dont worry

  260. my biggest fear is going to areas where someone gets killed in a horror movie such as cellars long hallways etc. and porcelain dolls

  261. most people are afraid of the dark, of spiders, or maybe of being eaten alive or killed by a sociopath. My own personal fear is of dieing very, very slowly. wether it be from old age, sickness, or of some sociopath tortureing me to the point of near death, then leaveing me to recouperate to then begin again. if someone were to put a gun to my head and pull the trigger, i would accept my fate and hope that i gave my family the best of life i possibly could have offered them. However, should i die slowly, like being tortured, i would pray every day to finally die, to finally slip into the sweet, sweet embrace of death rather than waking every day, hopeing to one day escape, hoping to one day return to my family, only to find my tormenter standing there, eagerly awaiting my consciousness to begin another round of torture. or to wake every morning hoping to look at st. peter (yes, i am religious) and him opening the gates to the kingdom of heaven, only to wake up and see a doctor above me, telling me everything that is wrong with me, whats going to happen to try and help me, all the side effects that would follow, etc., etc. im sorry, its very morbid, but the post asked, and i told. i hope someone reads this and finds inspiration, not only for a story, but for life as well.

      1. Spiders?

        Ghosts?

        Bananas?

        Dirt? Are you scared of dirt???

        Trees?

        Crappypasta?

        Metal (the musical genre, not the element/compound/alloy)?

        Metal (the element/compound/alloy)?

        Hippies?

        The Dark?

        Pokemon?

        Mountains?

        Height?

        Earth?

        Wind?

        Fire?

        Water?

        Tornados?

        Hurricanes?

        Earthquakes?

        Trollpastas?

  262. I have a fear of falling..not heights,falling. I’m fine with being on airplanes or any height that has a railing, wall or barrier around it. But if I was on the ledge of a 2 story building I’d be terrified. I don’t even like watching other people on heights. I always imagine them falling or Imagine me falling. I also fear bats spiders and moths..their fuzzy ugly broken butterflies.

  263. I know this is a pretty common one, but heights absolutely terrify me. The odd thing is, I’m not necessarily concerned about falling when I’m in a really high place. It’s just the thought that I’m any distance above the safety of the ground that makes my heart race. Standing on a small stool makes me uncomfortable since I’m off the ground, and when I’m climbing ladders I imagine that they’re ten feet higher than they actually are.

    1. imagine bungee jumping.with the cord measured to pull you up only feet from the ground or worse inches that is what I am scared of more than just heights

  264. I fear that this web site will never open it’s submission form ever again for all eternity. :)

    i also fear that the admin is losing interest in it.

    i need my scary short stories. do u expect me to go to the library? never!

    1. I’ve got some stuff that is impacting when I decide to open the submission form again, but I don’t want to bore you guys (and they are very boring reasons, trust me).

      I actually enjoy running the site best when you guys allow me to fade into the background a bit. Don’t worry.

  265. As many others have posted at this point, my major fear might seem a bit cliche’. I’m literally afraid of fear itself. The feeling of it terrifies me. Which is interesting, since I am also mystified by psychological thrillers. The worst part of this fear is it means I can be afraid of nearly anything – if it is represented in a state that is suppose to inact fear it someone, I can become afraid of it.

  266. Im not really scared of anything but what i do fear is needles and doctor office, if i dont know the dcotor or the needle i freak out ask my nurse at my old school

  267. My absolute most powerful fear is being alone in the dark. Just the thought of things happening around you but not being able to see it happening is really freaky.

  268. 1. Having an unclear perception of my surroundings
    2. Losing a sense
    3. Being lost, and lost, and lost..
    4. Something slicing into skin.. Not through skin, not cutting through, but slicing and sitting there motionless.
    5. (A ridiculous fear, but I’m completely terrified of the idea of becoming pregnant. I’m a male, and don’t have the slightest idea as to what i would do. Probably fits with my fear of confusion)

  269. My greatest fear…the one that keeps me up at night…is the all-consuming terror that grips me when I realize I might not have a soul. H.P. Lovecraft once postulated that the human mind slips into madness when attempting to comprehend something too alien or great all at once. That is how I feel when I try to think about the complete and utter cessation of existence…of a great, yawning blackness that swallows a person up at the end of their life…of utter nothingness.

    People say it’s just like going to sleep, but that’s not true. Sleep is a comfort because we wake again, if there is truly nothing at the end then it’s just…nothing. Nothing forever and ever. It’s the most horrible, gut-wrenching thing I can possibly imagine.

    1. Or perhaps it death is luke a lucid dream and once you realize that you are dead you can steer along as you.choose.

  270. My biggest fears (besides losing those I love) are mind control and eternal loops. Mind control because the thought of losing your free-will and then waking up not knowing that someone just made you do something is a terrifying thought. And eternal loops because, well, you get up feeling on edge, do normal things, then, suddenly, you see something you never wanted to see and do something you never wanted to do. You’re terrified and hope it’ll go away. The rest of the day you think about what happened. You then nearly get hit by a bus/car/train/whatever. You wake up feeling on edge.
    Living a life like this is another thought that just terrifies me.

    1. You know the loop thing scares me as well. The worst part is if the loop is going then all of a sudden stops and something horrible happens and instead of you getting a chance to loop again and fix it the loop ceases leaving you to deal witgh what has happened

  271. I am absolutely terrified of beds with space under them. Ever since I was a little kid I would always have the same dream where I was watching a movie on a single bed, and I then got pulled under it and was tortured in the depths of hell. I’ve slept in a loft bed ever since.

  272. I am absolutely terrified of serial killers and sociopaths. I make sure that every door is locked at night. After reading about people like Richard Ramirez, John Wayne Gacey, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ed Gein, Ted Bundy, etc. I am scarred for life. My worst nightmares usually involve psychotic murderers. I’m also extra special about the strangers I come into contact with, whether it be on the streets or online. That’s probably why I’m so interested in becoming a psychologist…So I know what makes these guys tick.

  273. Sincerely-Tragedy

    Complete silence in the dark while being compressed to the point i cannot even make a sound to fill the empty silence.
    That is my biggest fear in the world.

  274. Hornets because they sting can kill me. I do get uncomfortable to sleep in a room with a mirror or if my bed is not next to the wall.
    By the thing that i fear the most is my own imagination… Sometimes it’s hard block the images that my own imagination can create…

  275. Narsissa Primrose

    Im Afraid of the ocean and what lives in it and the darkness under the waves. You’d never know if your swimming just above a giant group of jelly fish or some sharks or a pod of whales or an octopus or something that no ones seen before waiting down there to pull you under.

  276. My biggest fear? That no one actually believes I exist. It is really stupid because obviously I exist cause I’m typing this right now.

  277. I fear the number 37, weird I know, it’s just, whenever I hear the number 37 I get serious chills. Also Ouija boards, they terrify me, the whole concept of demon spirits staying with you really creeps me out. But yeah, my ultimate fear is the number 37. I am dreading when I turn 37…it’s just such a grey number…it reminds me of Finnick’s (from The Hunger Games) death with the lizard mutts…

  278. SilentWolfSpirit

    What I fear is something odd. I fear the unknown, I’ve grown to hate surprises. Night after night I lay in my bed staring into space thinking ‘what next?’. Oh, I also hate spiders they give me the creeps.

  279. TerminallyCapricous

    I fear the sensation of being chased, and knowing I can’t get away. The feeling of no matter howe much I try, I’m not going to win, Im not going to live. Besides that fear, I have a fear of waking up, and seeing something coming towards me.

  280. blindness. the human’s greatest fear is the unknown. u can’t see, u won’t be able to protect yourself. u are utterly vulnerable. thats my greatest fear.

  281. YourWorstNightmare

    I’m afraid of the quiet, dark and being alone, whenever I’m either one of those I just go all paralysed. I end up seeing stuff, particularly this dark, human but not human kinda dark crouched demon shape >.< no likey =(

  282. I’m afraid of the dark, well, what might be in the dark. Whenever I have to turn off the lights when I’m going to bed, I turn the last light off and run screaming to my matress where I plop on it and tuck myself under the blanket because I believe that my blanket is some kind of guardian…

  283. Things that I can’t see, but I can see things that they’re doing, for example the water stage of Amnesia: The Dark Descent when the thing that is chasing you cannot be seen but you can see it’s footprints in the water. This always makes me want to turn around and look but when I do the fear just gets even worse.

      1. Oh, and I was once so afraid of storms I couldn’t even watch any movie with a storm, even a small one, in it without hyperventilating.

  284. ventriloquist dummies, there horrible little things been scared as long as I can remember. Just waitng to sneak up on me haha :P

  285. i don’t know why but i am absolutly afraid of clowns…….i have watched all scary movies known to man and not even flinched but when i see a clown…….

  286. I fear my own mind, The slow slip from reality, I’ve achieved a state of mind that frightens me, but I’ve never felt more aware… and alone

  287. Probably the fear that keeps me up at night is my fear of disappointing people. I hate doing that, especially if it feels like I have no control over its occurrence. This usually works in my favor. I don’t mind going above and beyond the call even if there’s no tangible rewards for doing so…

    1. I’m sorry, I meant to click the thumbs up and hit thumbs down and I can’t unclick so…*thumbs up* :3
      (Sorry)

  288. My grandmother recently had surgery in one of her eyes, but the anaesthetist got her dosage wrong during the operation. She ended up feeling and seeing everything that was happening to her. Just the thought of it makes me feel sick *shudders*

  289. I’m afraid of the unknown; What lurks in the shadows, in the sea. I’m afraid of what may be behind me, even how people could react if I said or did something. I’m not scared of how possible the bad scenarios my mind conjure are, but the fact that they aren’t impossible.

  290. My biggest fear is being trapped inside my own body, but still aware of everything going on around me, only unable to do anything. It’s horrible because I have sleep paralysis at least twice a month. I couldn’t imagine what it would be like to have to live like that my entire life.

    Also huge things in the water. Like whales, or a picture of an iceberg under water. Nope.

  291. My greatest fears are crowds and silence.In a crowd, I can feel the ones around me crushing me, and I start to suffocate. I start to notice people watching me in my peripheral vision, and I start moving faster and faster to absolutely nowhere. It’s like being in an endless maze, with walls closing in ever faster until I can’t breathe…or think. I also tend to avoid absolute silence. My mind kicks into overdrive and begins to travel to darker places, and I start to fill the silence with the agonized screams of my imagined damned.

  292. Anything to do with insanity and madness. It’s just a little too real for me most of the time, because it really can happen to anyone. You really can’t go ‘it’s alright, that’s just some monster. It can’t really happen.’
    Also, for some reason, stinkbugs and the ice cream men- the ones who sell it out of the trucks.

  293. Guy in your basement

    I have a fear of psychotic murderers. For instance the story of Jeff the Killer freaks me out. Or as Jake the dog from Adventure Time would say. ” He scares the jelly out of my doughnut.”

  294. I am scared of Oceans. It may sound strange, but the fact that they are so large and cover the whole earth terrifies me. I am not as scared of what is in the ocean, but it makes me shutter to know of how deep and dark and how huge it is. I also have an irrational fear of things above me. I’m always thinking there is something on the ceiling just watching me and waiting for me to notice it’s there. Gives me the absolute creeps.

  295. Also…
    I understand fear isnt rational at all, most of us know it stems from traumtic events or even just the unkown. But can you all please stop with “ouija boards are real, how can you say they are fake?!” and “god this and that”. I know its scary but like ghost stories, none of it is real and can all be explained with logical reasoning. I know am scares of clowns and that can be seen as silly. But its understandable… Like fear of the dark, spiders, blood etc…
    I know i am blessed with being English, but has NONE OF YOU seen Derren Brown?! I mean seriously?! He has busted all the myths about ghost, mediums/ghost whispers, ouija boards, aliens, spirts, god and miracles… Even shown you how the tricks of the trade are done and how easy it is to trick the human mind and put people into transes and what not… Using yhe simple science of psychology. Seriously guys school yourselves… The real things in this world are far scarier than what might be there.

    1. King_Ninja_Daious

      I would have to disagree with you. Everyone has their own belief, I for one do believe the Ouija is much connected to the next world, but not with the souls of the lost or attached to a place, but to demons and such. That is my belief. Then again, I was born and raised as a roman catholic.

      Don’t follow it no as much as I was raised to, but it’s my belief. I’ve never had a Ouija board in my home, nor do I want it near me ever. Plus the whole ghost and such other things aren’t real and some guy debunked then is a little impossible. Seeing as all of those things are inexpiable to start with.

      I have to ghost, that I can hear call my name and I even go to ask my best friend is she called me, to have her tell me she hadn’t even uttered a sound. Also I can see them at times, but they watch over the children of my home like a father and a sibling. We even named them, “Little One” and “Mr. Big”.

  296. When reading creepypasta or watching anything related to malevolent spirits or demons, what scares me the most is not so much ghosts themselves but how they “move” from location to location. Ever notice how ghosts always show up right behind someone, how they are anywhere they want to be? Kind of like slenderman’s ‘slenderwalking’ they just blink around space/time. It makes me feel like a dead spirit is everywhere at once, as if the very air I’m breathing contains it. Or like the fabric of space is some kind of medium just choked with lingering dead things that have not moved on.

    Think about how if a murderer is in your house and you are hiding from him. Where might he be, lurking in this particular hallway because it’s dark, or hiding in this corner because there is something to obscure your vision of him. With dead things, we are completely helpless to avoid them. We could never hope to hide from an entity that can instantly be anywhere it chooses. The only reason we are not constantly tormented is because they have made it so.

  297. the thing i fear most is, well intelligence ad the possibility that it may exist elsewhere in the universe. why? needless to say that when i say this that’s the first question i get. and my answer is always this. look what intelligence has done to the human population. the people have become greedy and selfish killing one another to get what the want. looking out for only themselves… not helping those in need, not because the don’t have the means but because those that have not are simply nuanciances. if this has happened to us think what other, more advanced species are capable of

  298. My biggest fear is being kidnapped by Jigsaw and having to be in one of those death tests wear you have to break your ankles and wrists in like, 30 seconds or having to cut of chu foot V.v

  299. ConvenientUsername

    I have three main fears: porcelain dolls, loss, and the skull gorilla. Porcelain dolls just freak me out, especially after watching that one episode of the Twilight Zone as an impressionable kid.
    Loss horrifies me. When I say loss, I mean like losing a friend to death or them running away and disappearing, so of course my mind creates scenarios in which my friends who I haven’t seen in a while killed themselves, which usually leads to my reaction being “well, time to go kill myself.” …Yeah.
    The skull gorilla is a nightmare I once had where I wake up to a huge brown gorilla in my doorway with a gorilla skull over his head. He then throws a human skull at my face, and as I look into the skull’s eyeholes, I black out. I wake up with my head trapped in a skull, my voice muffled, and my parents in a daze. I rearranged my room that morning. Also, gorilla skulls continue to give me chills.

  300. when i’m in a dark room. Ok so basicly i was 8 and needed to go pee so i walked down from the attic witch is were me and my brother sleep and I heard someone/thing calling my name I turned on the light and instently felt something scratch my back after that I don’t go down into a dark room even when it’s day time i always have a light on…

  301. I’ve had a very strange fear for a while now. Then again, I have other little fears as well.
    I believe in the principles of reincarnation and having past lives. Sometimes when I dream, I feel like I’m connecting with the memories of the other people I was before. Some memories are cheerful while others are extremely painful. I worry sometimes that I’m not able to tell what memories are really “mine”. I sometimes think that they belong to my past selves. So if I was to ever explain my past to someone, I would fear that no one would believe me if I had no evidence, making them think I was delusional. I’m trying my best to explain this.
    My other fear is having surgery, I’m terrified of being put under.

  302. clowns..they scare me so much.. although im so young ive had this phobia for a few years and whenever i see or read something about a clown, i freak out, go into panick and cry. Im also really afraid of sleeping beside mirrors or windows at night.

  303. My biggest fear is preforming infront of many people. I just freeze up and feel like they all are going to kill me or something.

  304. Clowns!
    God i hate the motherfuckers. I went shopping with my other half once and there was a clown outside a store giving kids balloons. I screamed and bit my other halfs arm so hard he bled… I still have no idea why i bit him but i did… Then i violently puked everywhere (i am always sick if confronted with one) they are scarest shit ever. They dont even have to be the stereotypical “scary” clowns to make me cry! Even as a grown woman something inside me snaps, i’ve had this fear for as long as i can remember. My mum told me the other day i had all clown bedding and stuff when i was a baby and she then said she always found ot difficult to get me to go to sleep. Yeah wonder why(!)

  305. That thing in the corner of my eye, always in the corner.-shudder-
    Oh, and what Anon said except she’s just like me.

  306. King_Ninja_Daious

    Clowns, they scare me to the point of tears. They scare me not so much because of the movie IT, but it’s one of the reasons. What terrifies me about them is, that I don’t know what they look like under all the makeup or the nose piece. I can handle a clown that has almost no makeup, they are fine. But the ones with so much paint makes me freeze on the spot and start sobbing like a child. It might be a trust issue, but that’s what scares me the most.

  307. I’m terrified of porcelain dolls and the dark. My sister had a doll made of porcelain. I remember trying to get her attention in our room from my bed because this doll would be under hr bed instead of on the shelf. It would just stare at me. My sister would put it there before bed knowing I was scared of both it and the dark. To this day I can’t be in a house that has any dolls. when I walk by that section in a thrift store, I freeze up and have to close my eyes because it feels like they watch me.

  308. ok so im not really afraid of things but i get a horible feeling of fear everytime some one else is afraid of something around me; for example i really like bats, i think there cute but one time while i was babysitting with a friend a bat flew out of the parents bedroom. after seeing my friend freak out there was a split second where i thought the bat was going to rip off her face and then bite her and suck her blood like a vampire bat. I shook off the fear cought the bat and let it outside.

  309. Fearful_dreams

    I’m scared of unknown darkness. When I was little I used to look off my bed and think the was moving like thousands of bugs,and I’m also scared off the bogeyman I remember when my parents got sick of me coming into their room in the middle of the night and lock the door to their room. needless to say I flipped shit and blocked my door with everything in my room, and did go to sleep tell the sun came up

  310. Surprisingly, i’m not afraid of anything. Honestly Jeff, Jane, Slendy, Hoody, and Masky don’t scare me. The things you all fear is what fuels me to do what I do everyday. I need to be in the dark. I need to see the creatures of the night. I need to be inside of what you mort- I mean people see as the nighttime. Thanks have a nice fright.
    Oh, and Sweet Nightmares.

  311. The thing I most fear has to be damage of the eyes. The thought of someone getting their eye poked out, stabbed, popped, tortured etc. Is just gruesome.. I also have this thing with the tendon at the back of your ankle. I’m very paranoid so I jump out of bed because I fear there is someone under there who could cut that tendon. I don’t know why under the bed. Maybe cause one day a few years back I got out of bed to use the restroom, and I felt a hand grab my ankle.

  312. I’ve always felt a fear for the unknown. Not, say, a fear of death as I do not believe in a religious belief of afterlife, but more what else is in our world that we have not identified. I suppose it’s not an uncommon fear for humans to feel. It’s more what lurks in our world that is not and cannot be explained by any form of science we have discovered. What breathes down your neck when you’re no looking? What lurks in the shadows just beyond your gaze? What lives under your bed only when all lights go out? Stuff like that, I guess.

  313. It sounds a little wierd I think, cause I have read some other Comments and they are so different from my biggest fear. My biggest fear is Love..

  314. I’m scared to death of a face in a window. No matter what floor i’m on, no matter where i am, when it gets dark I don’t look out windows. It scares me to death to think someone is just sitting there staring in the window. *shivers*

  315. I’d have to say the unknown? Does that make any sense? I don’t know ,but just imagine being somewhere and knowing whether or not something is going to get you. You guys think that being afraid of the unknown a natural thing?

    1. I’m also afraid of the ocean. Kind of ironic knowing that my hobby is fishing. Maybe it relates to the unknown in a way.

  316. ZeldawonderLinklover

    I have a strange fear of bathtubs and closets. When I think of a bathtub I see a dead wrinkled green and yellow skinned woman in it just like off of the shinning when it was re done for tv. My fear for closest is simple people disappear in them. I was locked in a pantry one time when I was about 15 by some pretty shitty friends I screamed and cried and they wouldn’t open it until I got quiet. I got quiet cause something started touching me and I couldn’t breathe. I’m not sure when that fear started but I’m 28 now and I still close the closest and block it from being able to open while I sleep.

  317. My greatest fear is the dark.. Ever since I was a child, I have never been able to stand being in a dark room for more than a few minutes. Even walking around outside in the middle of the night causes me to feel afraid. I have never been sure as to why I’m afraid of the dark… I’m 21 years old, and it’s almost embarrassing.

  318. My fear? I’m afraid of being in a dark room. Not because of darkness itself, but what may be lurking. I always have that feeling of being watched. A feeling of insecurity. That the room is unsafe. I’ve had such weird feeling early childhood. When I was little my mother had a bunch of dolls in my room and they freaked the fuck out of me because they stared at me. Possibly that may have influenced my fear….Dolls also scare me. Y’know, those creepy-ass antique dolls and porcelain dolls? They stare right into my soul. I also cannot be in a dark room that contains a mirror. It always makes me feel insecure and unsafe…..

  319. Mine is the feeling of being watched when you know for a fact that you’re alone. I live in a house that’s close to 200 years old and I spend a lot of my time alone, but there’s always that sense of paranoia/being watched when I’m alone, I turn around, expecting something to be there, but there’s nothing. Sends chills down my back every time.

  320. psychodelicate

    I think I’m scared most by large, open bodies of water, especially if the bed/floor isn’t visible or the water is just murky. They make me feel extremely vulnerable for two main reasons: the first being that I can’t see anything in the water, and the second being that I feel exposed at all sides with no real way to defend myself.

    With regards to the first, I think I have some fear of the dark for the same reason. Sort of like being blind. Water creeps me out especially when I imagine monsters of the deep – there are many “real life” creatures living in the water which are akin to something in a horror movie. The thought of being underwater and seeing something emerging from the gloom horrifies me. There’s a Junji Ito manga called “The Thing That Drifted Ashore” which sums up how I feel.

    I also have a fear of falling and smashing my teeth, especially on metal stairways. I was a really clumsy child, always tripping over, and as an adult I can still imagine it happening.

  321. readernarratorwriter

    This may be an odd one but I the thing I’m afraid of most is losing things we know to be true.
    I’m incredibly open-minded in terms of what is and isn’t possible, especially in terms of the supernatural (Slenderman is still a very real possibility for me) but there are certain things that we know are definately true e.g. we breath oxygen, fish live in water etc. Really basic simple facts that we know without a doubt are completely true. The idea of losing that tiny bit of certainty really terrifies me, and I think it stems from one scene in M Night Shyamalan’s ‘The Village’… the first film to ever terrify me (yeah yeah, I’m a wimp but hey, there’s a point to this).
    Right at the end when the main character Ivy is in the forest after she has been told that the monsters plaguing her village were all an elaborate hoax and were completely and utterly fake. Then one of the monsters appears behind her.
    It’s revealed to be a guy in a costume later on but just for that instant, you have a moment when everything is question. We have been assured that the creatures were fake and yet one still manages to turn up. It’s that denial of a undeniable and certain truth that still creates real fear for me.
    Plus I have a deep-rooted fear of riding anything with less that three wheels… I can’t ride a bike because I’m that scared of them.
    Yep… I’m definately a wimp.

  322. J. Stan Shocker

    Wasps, dude, seriously. If I could wipe out just one creature from existence, I would choose wasps. I’m cool with bees, but the way a wasp looks and the way it moves after it lands on something has always made my skin crawl. I have a friend who once woke up in the middle of the night to find those things coming out of the ventilation system in his bedroom. Hearing that story freaked me out, and made me more weary of wasp nests. To make the fear even worse, I saw a movie which I believe was called “7 Days to Live” or something of that nature. In the movie, someone is eating yams, and doesn’t notice that a wasp has landed on his meal. So, he accidentally swallows the wasp, then chokes and dies. The rest of the movie is forgettable, but that scene stayed with me to this day. Well, Springtime will be here soon, and that means that THEY will return…

    1. I also have a deep-seeded fear of wasps and other stinging insects.. When I was four years old, I was at an auction with my parents, and a wasp stung me on my inner left arm. The auctioneer’s wife’s solution was to pour vinegar on it, supposedly to neutralize the poison and force the stinger out. People make fun of me whenever wasps come near me, because I literally will begin flailing and shrieking.

  323. Well, I have this crazy spaztic imagination that goes wayyy out of hand so many times. I’m not afraid of horror movies, but AFTER the movie, at night, when the light is out… I’m softly whispering to myself and whatever entirety I am afraid of that night ‘Just kill me now, don’t put me through the fear, the pain…’. I guess you could say that fear is my fear.
    Also, I am seriously afraid, but fatally curious (does that sound right?) of things like divination, and talking to the dead, and all those funky things that go under that category. And scary internet stories. The less info, the more room for imagination…
    But just a thing I want to say, if I get too scared, I just pretend that any dead relatives I have are watching over me, and that they are protecting me, or that a guardian angel is there, or something of the like. I sound like I’m dissing them, sorry. It does help. Thanks guys=)

  324. My biggest fear is shame.I can’t stand being embarrassed in front of anyone,and even if nobody saw,when something embarrassing happens to me,I still feel bad.I can’t even speak or sing calmly because of that fear.This also includes being misunderstood and therefore put in a situation where I look like a retarded jerk.I say stuff like that quite a lot and I appear insensitive,when in reality,I hadn’t even realized people would take it that way.I don’t get scared by reading about monsters or entities,but rather the real world,the one in which I am rarely present for long.

  325. HEY HEY HEY IT'S SLENDY!

    The fear that there is one sentient being is one of my fears. Just the thought that I might be the only living being that has a possibility to think and choose makes me feel utterly alone. What if people where “drones” and they where just there, living their “lives” just to be there, no other purpose, like decorations, making the world feel full. And another fear it that there is no afterlife, or reincarnation or something like that. What is the purpose of life if it just ends. Nothing just blackness. I’m not trying to offend beliefs though, just saying.

    1. HEY HEY HEY IT'S SLENDY!

      Also I’m afraid of the shadows you see lurking in the dark because, you never know if something is really there…

  326. do you think you can learn my life story im a real story i will haunt you wherever theres smoke im there you see my widening eyes and my teeth as sharp as a knife youll be scared of smoke forever and youll be traumatized for life…..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH IM NOT JOKING YOU DONT BELIEVE YOULL SEE ME….

  327. to be honest, I’m scared of pain. I can’t stand any type of pain, even just watching other people get hurt. for example on friday, we were all coming home from school on a city bus, and a kid i know ran in front and got hit, he was alive but he broke his leg. I was the first one off to see if he was ok, but I froze and was almost sick and i started shaking because the bone in his leg was showing through the skin. even typing this makes me feel sick.

    1. I didn’t think someone like that existed, i’m actually quite fond of pain, Not a pain you’d get from like a cut but like if someone were to headbutt you the pain you’d have on your forehead the next few days.

  328. my biggest fear is hearing a backwards song. It doesnt matter if there is a secret message or not. Creeps me tha f out

    1. Haha, I can relate to that. Tried it with stairway to heaven, couldn’t really make out what the internet says.
      Its actually the suggestion that make you hear words in random gibberish.
      It still sounds scary, though!

  329. My fear i would have to say is Restriction, like being buried alive or something. A nightmare i had was i was in this small hole that got covered up and only water was in there and i couldn’t spread my arms.. Awful.

  330. fu..fuqing clowns and s@%$ that crawls on walls and and being not able to save somebody when im RIGHT there. like i had this dream, where me and my best friend were playing on this playground, and i don’t remember what the thing looked like, but it was tall and it snatched him and he came back to haunt me, and asked me “why didn’t you tell me he was there, you could of saved me…..”

  331. I’m not usually scared easily. For me to be frightened, the fact
    must be related to ancient stuff or a grudge (as the one from the
    Original japanese movie ‘The Grudge’). But by some time I either
    forget why I am scared or build up a scenario where I confront
    my fear.
    There are some fears I haven’t got ridden of too. One of them is
    being attacked (either by a real or unreal being) from the back
    and not being able to defend myself, that’s why I keep looking
    over my shoulder.
    My other fear is being buried alive (just as my nick says so, I’m
    a big fan of writer Edgar Allan Poe, and I share that fear of one
    of his stories: Premature Burial). That anxiety of being alive (in a
    Full paralysis or comma state) and everyone think I’m already
    dead. That gives me the shivers!
    The last one of my fears I’ll confess is to die while I’m asleep, to
    not wake up anymore. I’ve dreamed several times about my own
    death: suddenly I feel an oppression over my chest, I stop
    breathing (either by the fear itself or that I’m so deeply asleep that
    my body forgets to breathe), I feel an anxiety about me dying so
    early in my life, Cold sweat, my arms and legs don’t move an inch,
    I am aware that I’m not breathing, that I’m dying, yet I can’t do
    anything about it. D:
    That’s all about me.

    1. For the sleep thing, I suggest going to a sleep doctor. If your body “forgets” to breathe it could be a sign of sleep apnea.

  332. I think my worse fear is the fear of not being able to help someone in some kind of fatal distress, like someone in a burning building for an example. In my mind, knowing that that person died because I was too slow… that’d be terrible.
    I also get pretty freaked out by psychological thrillers, but I love them for some reason.
    Then finally, this fear equals the first fear I wrote, is the fear of the final moment of normalcy and what happens after. Like an alien invasion, or just a normal one, that loss of what is normal (and then the obvious invasion part) would really freak me out.

  333. Not So Jolly Boy John

    I can’t stand the thought of being watched. By somebody I don’t know. It happens all the time, i’ll be walking home and suddenly just stop and look around. I can’t help but feel there is somebody looking at me, thinking about me. I don’t actually know if it’s the fact that they are looking at me, or the fact that because they are, somebody worse could be. I don’t even know what i’m saying anymore.

  334. I have a fear of small spaces, long stairwells like the ones in hospitals, garage doors, and rattle snakes.

  335. I’ve always feared Demons, not zombies or vampires or anything you know you can fight them, but demons terrify me. I’m not christian, nor do I believe in hell. But the idea has always petrified me.

    1. J. Stan Shocker

      You sound like me after seeing “Paranormal Activity”. Even though we don’t believe in demons, the thought of being completely helpless during a demon attack is frightening.

  336. I have schizoaffective disorder so I’m always afraid that one day I’ll just go completely insane and be trapped in some hellish reality never knowing it isn’t real. That’s some freaky anxiety to fall asleep to.

  337. My greatest fear. That’s hard to say, I have a list of things that terrify me though:

    1. Being stalked and being unable to escape, especially if the stalker is obsessed with you or will not explain what they want (they’re just there).

    2. Having something behind me breathe or touch my neck, spine, hair, or face. Add to that me turning to find nothing behind me, but still feeling like something’s behind me…

    3. The whole idea of being buried alive, either waking up buried or being paralyzed and aware I’m being buried.

    4. Finding out you’re trapped somewhere, with something or someone, and there being absolutely no escape – no doors, no windows, no paths, nothing. Just trapped, in a little mini-purgatory or Hell with this something or someone, who may or may not be taunting you or trying to harm you…

    5. Someone/something taking sadistic pleasure in tormenting your mind, especially if the torment involves using your friends and family against you.

    6. Failure, absolute utter and total failure to do something incredibly important.

    7. Having something invade my brain not to control me, but just to screw around with me and torture me.

    8. Wasps. I don’t know why but they freak me the ever-loving crap out. Maybe because they hover and like to sting you for not damn reason.

    1. My dad used to work at the local prison when I was growing up. I’ve had many stalkers that wouldn’t tell us what they wanted. I know that feeling of being stalked. It isn’t fun at all.

  338. Not to be cheesy, but things that go bump in the night FREAK…ME…OUT. I frickin’ sleep with a MagLite (Betty) and WWII Kabar (Katie) against my chest when something creaks, scratches, bumps, groans… I used to live in an OLD house and it wasn’t uncommon to hear this stuff. Kinda silly but I always check the hallway at night when I step outta the bathroom and jump on my bed from 3 ft away, afraid of the “toe monster'”
    And yet I still read these stories XD

  339. silverfang1157

    It may sound silly,but I have always been afraid that I will loose my imaginary friends. I am 16 years old. And they have always been there for me, being an only child gets really lonely. Having no one to talk to when I am alone is scary to me.

  340. Believe it or not, Its people. People are dangerous, they are destroying the planet, And guns aren’t really scary. They don’t kill people, People kill people.

  341. I have a fear of being alone; not alone as in no family, friends, people, or anyone around in my life. But I mean actually being alone. Left in a house, a store, anywhere. Just alone to my own thoughts. To make it worse, I’m afraid to be alone while its dark and I can’t see. I hate the thought of sitting there alone and listening and being terrified of the sounds that go bump in the night.
    I’m also afraid of things that might crawl out of the darkened corners that I can’t see in.

  342. RAINBOW DASH! GOD SHE SCARES ME WITH HER LITTLE RAINBOW FACTORY D;. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DOES DERPY CRY* SHE IS AT THE RAINBOW FACTORY RIGHT NOW *CRIES LOUDER* Oh god. She just walked in. HIDE YO PONIES, HIDE YO DERPS, AND HIDE YO CUPCAKES CAUSE RAINBOW DASH JUST WALKED IN THE DOOR!!!!! SHE’S COMING FOR US! SHE’S WALKING TOWARD OUR ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!
    *THROWS COMPUTER THREW WINDOW AND SMILES AT RAINBOW DASH* HI. :)

  343. Oh god. What am I scared of? >.< Well if you want to know I might as well tell you. I am scared of getting killed.When I am tired I will stay up in my bed for like an hour. Then I will finally sleep. I've read many creepypasta's. They are creepy. (Well some of them.) I'm also scared of it being quite. I do not know why it scares me. It just does. When I hear a noise when it is super quite I will think some is in the house to killer me. Okay bye!

  344. My fear is off “unstable people”
    You know, the people who seem like they could just snap suddenly and punch me. So kind of psychopaths in general and stories of extreme brutality make me terrified. I also know a few people who snap like this which makes it worse…

  345. I’m not really afraid of normal things. I’m not scared of the dark or being alone. Spiders only bother my when they are on me. Death doesn’t scare me, nor do bodies and/or blood. But I have always been terrified of failing to protect my loved ones. As a child I would have terrible nightmares in which I watched them being eaten alive by wolves. I was never able to save them because I was always too afraid, or I’d save one person who I didn’t even know. It kind of made me an overprotective maniac when it comes to my friends or my little brother. I feel responsible for them. With time I got over my fear of wolves, but I never got over my protective instinct. When it comes down to it- I suppose it’s a beneficial fear to have.

  346. I’m honestly most afraid of the monsters in my imagination.
    Even if they aren’t real I will do everything I can to avoid dark places or any other creepy places while thinking about them. I end up like trapping myself in my room or my office space at night because of it.

  347. SpongeFaceFloofy

    Well, I would have to say my fear is going to hell, and demons. I may get some hateful comments towards what I am afraid of, but that’s quite alright. It’s my fears anyways, not yours.

  348. When things that are supposed to be happy and innocent cause harm. Like when your hear about people dying at Disney. There’s just something sinister about it, and it makes me feel vulnerable. Like my safety blanket was ripped away…

  349. I’m practically scared of everything. From giant heart shaped monsters from nightmares as a child to Squidward from Squidward’s suicide. The main thing I have to be scared of though, is the dark. I just hate the dark! I always get this feeling like something’s watching me and there’s someone with me and it’s unsettling. Gah, I’m not as scared of it as I used to be, the reasons changed, but I remember how I would just watch Brother Bear until I fell asleep, so that with the light from the TV I somehow felt safe. XD My fear is so irrational and stupid.

    1. It’s not irrational or stupid. ‘m 23 and TERRIFIED of the dark. sleep with a night light AND the tv on. I completely freak out over every little noise I hear. The only time i even remotely calm down is if I have somebody sleeping in the room with me. not necessarily the same bed, but just in the same room I calm down and can sleep in darkness. Alone though no way! I won’t do it.

  350. My biggest fear would be to die alone, and I mean have nobody to care about you after you have gone.

    It scares me because I think that when a persons physical self passes on, they remain alive in memories of other people. If there is no one who to remember you and mourn your passing when you die, your soul must surely die as well.

  351. I have so many fears, it’s so hard to write them all. But my biggest fear is music. It sounds silly, I know, but when I hear creepy music I lose my shit.

  352. I hate it when things “run” up to u when u dont expect it, whether be a shock site or someone i know, It gets my heartrate jumping like hell

  353. Spiders. Oh dear god spiders. I scream and beat them off myself if I hit a web. Sometimes I have terrible nightmares. Some of my family tell me the extent of my phobia is odd. (I hide it from friends as best I can)

  354. I’m more frightened by the unexplainable, let me divulge. Most horror movies make this mistake, making them not scary…to me at least. There’s always some “solution” to satisfy the spectre chasing the main character, or the ghost only haunts you if you antagonize it, or go somewhere you shouldn’t (like an abandoned asylum in the pasta world lol). I am affected when innocent people become victims, and everyone dies at the end leaving whatever evil force to continue. The best instance of this for me was the movie VHS, the first skit if you will, were a few guys out bar hopping picking up chicks, BUT they pick up some crazy demon chick that rips the guys unit off, and she lives to rampage on (you’ve got to see it), but do you see my point? The victims were in an everyday situation, and there was no heroism. Think about it, all of these horror films have some “solution” at the end, yet a good folklore, or “scary story”, doesn’t. Human nature is to be scared of the unexplainable and the unseen (hence natural fear of darkness), I’m no horror scholar lol, I’ve just been a horror junkie since I was five (all the way back to watching Rosemary’s Baby with my mom)

    1. I saw VHS a few weeks ago. Holy f-ing shit. That story was crazy. The rest of the movie was iffy but that one story scared the hell outta me.

        1. I have two or three and they all sound different. I have one male voice and two female voices. But they don’t tell me to do bad things. They just…have normal conversations with me.

  355. I most fear the truth. I most fear, what our country is becoming, and the events that are falling in front of our own eyes. Yet nobody will wake up, as if I were screaming, and nobody would even stand to look at me. They cry and sob from the horrible events that take place around them, but they do not see the true purpose of them. They instead, demand their own extinction, demand rules and regulations to throw themselves farther into a pit. A pit full of lies, and complete ignorance. The pit, then set to die. This is what I fear most, the complete annihilation of humanity, demanded by its own people, with only my own knowledge of its demise.

  356. One of my worst fears is when it is very very dark and quiet then a loud noise suddenly happens then I suddenly think there is something or somebody watching me I just don’t know why it scares me

  357. I am someone who is scared of many things, I am also someone who is curious about everything. Which means I am always doing stuff that makes me feel like I’m about to piss my pants. The reason why I do this and the base of all my fears I think comes back to my fear of the unknown. If im prepared I have no problem facing down anything. It’s all, relatively speaking, in my control. Like I have a better say in my own fate. That curiosity, the more I know the more incontrol I feel. Even if it means being scared consatntly trying to figure it all out.
    There is only so far that’s goes though. Dark unfamiliar places, strangers, murky water, caves, these thing are still mysteries that still frighten me. Always will I think. The thing that scares me the most though lately is that when playing with the ouijii board last year with my siblings we ended up contacting a very talky spirit. My sister asked how I would die. I don’t even know why she would ask since she wasn’t playing, just watching. It said I would be murdered. It said I would die before forty and I managed to ask after all that if it would be a stranger. The answer was no. I wanted to ask who it would be then but at that point my siblings got scared and backed out before I could.
    I wonder if I should try to find out, because I get scared not knowing, I just hate the unknown. But this is one answer that I may be to scared at this point to find.

    1. Demons will always lie. Don’t learn that the hard way. And, seriosly!?!? What is with you people and not believing in Ouiji boards?!?!

    2. stop fucking with them weeji boards(i know i spelled that wrong) also those things are supposed to be possed by “demons” so it more than likely LIED to you to scare the fuq out of you.

  358. My deepest fear is that when I die, that’s it. My bones just lay in the ground for the rest of time, and everything that I ever was, body, mind and soul disappears.

    1. Your family will remeber you, and friends. But the most important person I think needs to remeber you is Jesus. Without Him, you will NOT just disappear like a vapor but will be forced to spend an eternity of damnation. Just telling it like it is. I suggest you talk to a pastor, christian friend, and there are plenty of internet resources. God Blesss your quest. “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”

      1. pliz stop down voting him he is not hurting anyone jeez guys get a life and stop picking on the religous guy

  359. I have this fear of being in a terrible situation I can’t save myself from. For example, When I lived alone I was deathly afraid I would choke to death and, since I lived alone, no one would be there to help me. I suppose you could also lump deadly disease into this aswell since there really isn’t anything you can do to save your life from it.

  360. needles, wasps, large insects. I’m hoody, so Slenderman doesn’t scare me, always standing behind, monitering me.

    (X)

  361. This will sound foolish at first, but not knowing something. When I don’t know what’s in that dark corner of the room, I get paranoid and my mind fills the gap with some monster. When I don’t know what’s behind the door in front of me, my mind debates, it’s probably just a normal room, it might be a trap. So yeah, I guess uncertainty?

  362. What everybody fears.
    Darkness.
    Things that go bump in the night.
    Not the murder you, screw up your body and suck out your blood kind of stuff.
    The insidious kind. The invisible ones that break pieces of your sanity.
    The ones that don’t outright kill you, but enjoy fucking you up before finishing it.
    Not really scared of people, because they can be killed.
    Scary pedophile in your closet? Solving a mystery with a high chance of being killed by a lonely weirdo? PRESENTING THE SOLUTION.

    Gun.

    1. I lived with my friend about a year ago. Going down into her basement was this framed shelf thigny on the wall right there at the very bottom of the stairs landing. Inside the frame was a homemade puppet that i think her great great grandmother made. scared the shit outta me when I went down to do laundry. Sad thing is. it wasn’t a normal basement, it had the master bedroom and the living room in it. We walked down there every day.

  363. Im scared of ghosts and attics… I lived in an attic for 2 years, but I only came down to eat and use the bathroom, so my parents got concerned and made me share a room with my sister… Im glad they did. My house feels huanted… Because one day, when I was 16, when everyone was gone I heard foot steps outside the bathroom, I was showering, and figured my parents and sister where back, or like my brother… But when I got out everyone was still gone. And when I walked back into the bathroom ‘boy’ was written in the fogged up mirror. I called my parents and they said someone probably did that earlier and it came back… but it wasnt like that…….. And then I went up to the attic, my room, and my lamp and books were all on the floor far from where they were…. But other than that, Im not really scared of anything….

  364. Being alone in a kids room… Or dolls… Or… Windows, mirrors, or Tvs or computers when they’re turned off… White vans, dark allys at night, my girlfriends dad, King of the Hill, thanks to the Creepypasta one -_-… But im only scared of that stuff at night… Not my girlfriends dad though, hes scary all the damn time…

    1. Stephan D. Harris

      Actually, the moth thing is just some stupid phobia. Obviously, my greatest fear is the presence of other people. Generally. As in crowds at the mall or being in a populated church. Also I can’t stand churches, I think they’re creepy due to the idea that an invisible man in the sky watches and judges you while you bow in submission. Related to that, I also find Cthulhu to be quite disturbing for the same reasons.

  365. I am afraid of falling in love and having friends because people meet abruppt ends when they are near me. p.s not a murder. what i do is not safe and i have made many enemys
    while out traveling. im just afraid that some one i care for will die.i know i will out live them. im over 2000 years old i have out lived every one i know.

    1. “I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.” ur comment for some reason reminded me of this quote

  366. Getting run over. It’s not like a paralyzing fear either. With the copious amount of horror stories/movies I’ve seen, I’ve become pretty desensitized to ‘normal’ fears. But getting run over scares me the most . And there’s a good reason why.

    One day I was walking out of school, when I saw the bus leaving my stop. I panicked and ran a red light. Before I knew it, a tan jeep going some 50 mph barely managed to come to a screeching halt just inches from my body. I don’t know if you’ve seen your life flash before your eyes, but it happens in a second-long, hazy blur.

    So yeah, that’s why I’m scared of traffic.

    1. I wasn’t literally “run over” but I did get hit by an SUV while riding my bike to a college class. I was crossing a side street and he was trying to make a quick left turn to beat oncoming traffic and he didn’t look. I remember seeing his hood, then the sky, then the road. I was thrown back but my bike went under his vehicle. Dying like that would have been horrible. Surviving it was exhilarating!

  367. gotosleepjeff123

    im scared of those noises a house makes when its settling in…or those old european dolls….or whenever you stay up for a few days and you start seeing figures that arent there at the corner of your eyes

  368. It’s strange, but feeling bones. I’m very skinny myself and I’m weirded out by feeling my own bones like my rib cage, and it’s just as bad with anyone else’s. That as well as electro shock therapy, it has just always freaked me out to watch it on TV or in movies.

  369. deadbrainwaves

    Oh, and the thing I fear most now that I really think about it is definitely death. But invasion ranks up there. Death is just so final, so intrusive. It’s like the ultimate invasion. Invasion of decay over consciousness.

  370. deadbrainwaves

    Probably the thing I fear most is invasion. This usually takes the form of bugs and small critters, simply because I’m afraid of them invading my sacred space and covering me like I’m a host to their parasitic needs. However, it isn’t just bugs. I also have a general fear of just people touching me in general that I am not completely comfortable with.

  371. falling in love….no, just kidding :D actually, I have a deep fear of spiders. don’t make a creepy pasta. but if you do, make a terrible one, so I’ll be able to sleep. thanks in advance

  372. Dolls. They stare at you, unblinking. Plus, my dad used to move them around behind my back, making me think they moved. I think he was afraid of them too… lol.

  373. Depression, abandonment and retaliation. The thought of one who I once cared for ripped from my life and turned completely against me so much they wish I was dead.Depression, it leads to anxiety, anger and apathy. Retaliation/revenge, people when blinded by anger are ruthless, insane and have no common sense.

  374. I am absolutely terrified of the dark, expecting something to jump at you and dragging you to who knows where.

  375. YoyWherezMyOreo

    I have this strange fear of God testing me.. Or Him giving up on me.. I don’t really know how to explain it. I feel that if I don’t have enough Faith He is going to give up on me and I’m going to get possessed..

    1. I’m reminded of a great story: As I lay dying, my life flashed before my eyes. It was a stretch of beach with two sets of footprints: mine and Jesus’. At the most difficult times, I saw only one set. I turned to see Him standing there and asked, “Lord, you said you would be with me at all times in my life. Why is it at the deepest, darkest, hardest times of my life you abondoned me and let me walk alone?”
      He smiled and leaned up to me and cooed, “Oh My Child. The times when you see only one set of prints is not when I abandoned you, BUT WHEN I CARRIED YOU.”

      “When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.”

  376. It’s kind of weird but I’m afraid of thinking, Late at night when i’m having trouble sleeping I just start thinking way too much and over think things and just make myself upset and cry myself to sleep, and it’s just random thinking, cause if you give me a topic to think about i’m not scared of that, I guess what i’m trying to say is my mind just wanders off and I completely zone out and once i’m back I cry.

  377. I have 4 major fears
    #4)ants
    #3)wasps
    #2)silence
    and my biggest fear #1)loosing control of myself/or any machine

    I know this #1 fear of mine may seem a little unusual but I am downright terrified of losing control of my fractured mind and thus my sense of self.

  378. I Would Have To Say My Fear Is People.You Never Know What They Can Do When Pushed,Or What They Could Be Thinking.

  379. long time no see mr creepypasta..
    biggest fear?
    to be honest, im scared of you.
    sound silly?
    not really.
    a real fan would know, you voice is so calm and collected when you tell stories, its almost like a killer when their murdering someone. so calm… so quiet..

  380. My biggest fear is something terrible happening to my children. A serious injury, a kidnapping, or worse… The world is dark and dangerous.

    1. Seeing as I actually received negative votes for my admission, I’m thinking it’s probably incredibly rare for any readers of creepypasta to have children… I’m a woman, I’m a gamer, I’m a science geek, I’m an atheist, and now – as a parent AND lover of creepypasta – I’m a black sheep to the world in THAT category as well.

      Just a thought.

      You wanna know what I fear most, as a person and NOT as a parent? Water. I’m ridiculously afraid of water. I’m 24 and I’ve never learned to swim. I won’t get into a pool if it has a deep end of more than 4 feet. Forget about ponds, rivers, lakes, the ocean…. Forget about it……..

      Better? :/

      1. Not water in general, but I used to find Crater Lake terrifying – I had some fear that I would somehow accidentally fall in and get sucked right to the bottom, and since it was so deep I’d never make it out.

        Now, of course, I know that if you’re going to be frightened of lakes, Lake Baikal is a more appropriate one to fear.

      2. I’m pretty sure someone just thought that your comment about the world being dark and dangerous was a little cliche – i don’t think they were disliking because of your actual fear. And i don’t think they disliked because they don’t have kids, just because they thought that on a site like this the world being dark and dangerous was a little obvious.

      3. Both are valid fears, let’s not put them together, shall we? (Hihi!)

        Also. Though, I have no children, one should be able to understand why that scares you. As it is a valid fear and something that is more likely to happen than most fears discussed here.

      4. your probbly the mom who never let her kids play outside or go to a friends house, am i right? cus my mom is like that and we have major issues with each other. word of warning dont try to control too much of ur kids life cus the rebel hard in their teen years trust me im in that stage right now

  381. Infinity. Just the thought of something never ending is just frightening. like the vast emptiness of space, or the thought of death. no matter how you look at it, nothing will ever end. afterlife will continue for the rest of eternity, so would reincarnation. no matter what we do or what happens, nothing will ever end.

  382. I have a fear of nightmares. I don’t watch scary movies so the idea that one could be projected directly into my brain makes me wince sometimes. I usually get the fear that I’ll have a nightmare after I get scared of something of play an incredibly violent game. When I was little I played and “Alien vs Predator” game at Putt-Putt. (I think it was Putt-Putt.) I thought it was fun shooting aliens. Then I had a nightmare about some random person getting eaten by something I can’t remember.

  383. Also water, because I can’t swim after being pushed into a lake and petrified by a dog when I was a teeny weeny boy.
    So now I can’t even get close to water without being scared.

    1. deadbrainwaves

      Why should unexplained things scare you? Not that I want to invalidate your fear because if it is a fear then it is probably irrational in nature. But the beauty of the unknown is that the known is so static and boring. The unknown is what we reach for, it’s the reason tomorrow is so exciting. Because we don’t know what’s there yet. And as for the unexplained, well I suppose that may scare some, but don’t allow your mind to create irrational conclusions out of mystery.

      1. The unknown is scary because if it is truly unknown, you lack the ability to react to it accordingly. And I think that being powerless is something the humans cannot deal with. Perhaps its just me, though.
        Something I was just wondering about…And its sort of relevant.
        ….Does human perception allow sight of something that is truly unknown? As in, something is near, but its unheard of and unimaginable, will we be able to perceive it?
        After all, the human brain works conveniently. It stores an object and along with it several characteristics, but these are often things we know of or have heard about.

        Let’s say there are things that don’t fall under that catagory, what then?
        Makes me wonder that if ghosts and the like exist, if we will be able to see them? Or just remain oblivious to it all.

  384. This isn’t something that have bothered me much but it is still a little creepy, when i was little and home alone in our over four hundred years old house i went to the bathrom. What ii saw there was three shadows i yhink, in a corner in the roof just going in cirkles.

  385. Bright blue lights. I’m not quite sure why, but they’re just not supposed to be there. I know it.

    1. Sorry to tell you this but, being possessed isn’t all you bible lovers think it is… It’s very… Pleasurable. Still, I wouldn’t know I never asked them anyway.

        1. Some questions are better left unanswered. The guy seems like a swell guy! So who cares…Right?! Haha!

  386. Insects and parasites.

    I’ve heard too many bad stories about people returning home from exotic countries with more living creatures inside of their bodies than they’d bargained for.

    I remember once on a vacation on Crete, where I saw this (HUGE) wasp/flying beetle insect, which had a black shield on its back with four giant dots which resembled a square. If anyone has any information about this flying insect, please let me know the name of what you think it is, as I’ve hopelessly browsed the web for it several times.

    So yeah… Insects and wasps, I do not wish for a death affiliated with those, that’s for sure.

    1. I don’t know all countries wherre this ocours but in norway there is a type of bug that comes each five years or so. They are small larva tha covers a specific type of tree with a net where theyre then lives for some months until they turn into moths. Try googling: spinnmøll or spinnmøll larver. If you are curious.

      1. I’m afraid that this was more round and dark in it (like, almost completely black, it would probably not even be able to crawl through the hole if i make a circle with my thumb and index finger on one hand, at least that’s what its wingspan made it look like)

        First when I noticed it, it was sitting on a tall flower on a bush (~head-height), and then it began flying in the air. Being a scaredy-cat, I ran away before noticing more details about it. I wasn’t even sure it was coming my way.

        With the wings unfolded, it looked a bit like a huge Beetle Bessbug, except it was wider compared to its length, and it had smooth wings/shields on its back.

        My drawing skills are awful, and the length may not be completely accurate, but I’ve tried making a sketch out of what I had encountered through Microsoft Paint. Here: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2710/creepybeast.png

        Ia can confirm that it is not a Scoliid Wasp.

  387. The thing I fear most is…. probably “what ifs”. The possibilities of the human imagination, or of what a demon could do. You never know what someone else is thinking, and because you’ve never seen a demon, at least I haven’t, you don’t know what they’re capable of doing.

  388. I have a lot of really irrational fears, but this is probably the biggest one. It’s kind of hard to explain, but I’m afraid of walking down hallways alone. Like if I’m at school and everyone else is in class while I’m walking to the bathroom or my locker or something, and all the classroom doors are shut. I’m all alone and I can’t see inside any of the rooms because most of the doors don’t have those little windows (for safety reasons, I suppose). I start to worry that while I’m all alone, inside the classrooms everyone has turned to dust or vanished or something. That when I return to my class, nobody will be there, and nobody will be in any of the other rooms and I’ll be completely alone. It used to be a lot worse than what it is now, but I still can’t stand leaving the room to go out into the hall by myself.
    Another pretty dumb one that isn’t so much a huge fear as it is a recurring bad thought. Sometimes I worry that one day, randomly, I’ll close my eyes or even just blink and open my eyes only to see everything around me has vanished. Maybe I just have a fear of things disappearing, ha.
    I swear this isn’t an attempt at a submission although it does sound a little submission-y.
    Also, I’m terrified of spiders. O_O

  389. A very interesting topic.Truth be told,I don’t really fear anything[cliche but true]. I used to have a fear of clowns,but I can’t seem to be afraid of anything since I know it’s either fake or a figment of my imagination.But then again,our imagination is the one that creates fear and causes us to check twice under our beds or tell yourself there’s nothing to be afraid.

  390. Clowns, that’s it, clowns. Whenever I’m at, say, a theme park, I can’t be near the people in the animal suits, or the clowns they sometimes have there. I’m not really sure if it’s the people inside them, strangers, basically, or just the makeup, or not being able to see the faces behind the huge animal heads.

    1. In 6th grade, the 8th graders (in a full IT suit) chased my history teacher into our science room and locked the door and cried. We calmed her down and she told us how her grandmother forced her to watch IT when she was young. Scared for life.

    2. Always thought this was an interesting fear for a person to have. A lot of people claim to have it. “Fear of Strangers” actually makes sense when thinking of clown fear, but I’ve watched them perform in person and I normally find them pretty entertaining.

  391. Devil's Advocate

    I’m afraid of children. Ever since my niece (who was 8 and perfectly capable of knowing right from wrong) tried to cut me because I wouldn’t let her have her way. I just can’t deal with little kids anymore. Which is a shame, because the guy I’m with now wants a brood. Can’t do it. Nope.

  392. I haven’t really thought about it, but I’d say I’m scared of falling in a hole or any place that nobody could ever rescue or find me. It would also be scary of there was a ghost or monster actually living inside of me…those are just the things I could come up quickly. You can be surprised of how many things are scary.

  393. Mama, we all go to Hell

    Isolation. The best example is being locked in a room with no way out and then finding out there is a creature in the shadows from which there is no escape.

    1. My chemical romance is fucking awesome but yeah that would be scary, not the isolation alone for me but the creature in there with me, I am weak and small, I can run and climb that’s it… if I’m cornered I am probably dead…

  394. Anything where its existence is in question. If I know it’s there, tangible and able to be contacted, I will not fear it. But shit where you don’t know and you speak out loud to see if it’ll respond in some way, whether a person or object, that’s what freaks me.

    That’s why I fancy the Strange/Unknown and Dreams/Madness category, so much ambiguity really freaks me out.

  395. The Duke of Shrewbury

    Anything coming up and attacking me when I’m vulnerable. Like, when I’m sleeping or on the toilet, It would shock me and I would have no way to protect myself.

    1. Not to be rude and make your fear seem silly, but I just imagined some scary monster attacking me in the bathroom but recoiling in horror once the stench hit it’s nose.

  396. My greatest fear is being in an open field and yet having nowhere to escape, especially when you’re trying as hard as you can when your assailant remains calm. Claustrophobic environments are cozy and offer a refuge for me. Perhaps it is my meek build, making me naturally slower and weaker.

    1. I am fast but week and small, so, while I can run, once my sorroundings fuck me over, someone who is like average size could kill me at that point,.. especially in the dark, I would break down with my eyes closed waiting for a quick and painless death,..

  397. just call me bob

    the feeling of something there, watching me. the idea of someone always there by my side, i cant see them but they see me. following my every move and hearing my every thought.

  398. I have a fear of long hallways. I don’t know why, but whenever I’m in any hallway, I always think something is going to run full speed at me and attack me.

  399. Oh and I have a suggestion for next months question. What is your dream way to die or the worst way you can think of to die.

    I know that’s a bit morbid but it should be interesting

    1. Best way to die is hypothermia after great exertion. Such as what almost got me once – cross-country skiing across the mountains. It was actually really nice and comfortable, once you get past (or bypass, as I did) the shivering stage. There’s almost a euphoric state of blissful sleepiness and warmth just before you freeze to death; it’s almost like opium.

      I eventually recognised through the drifting fog of contentment just what it was that was happening to me, and basically dragged myself up, hauled myself along the snow and ice on hands and knees, until I had warmed up enough to stand again and strap my skis back on, then came back down the mountain and drank three hot cocoas in a row.

      I’ve regretted that ever since.

      If I’d died then, I would have died happy. The happiest I’ve ever been. There’s not a lot of chance of that now, though no doubt it will be dramatic when it happens.

      1. the worst way for me to die would be murdered in my sleep. if anyone murders me I want to look that fucker in the eyes. or seriously cuss them out. :)

  400. I have to say my biggest fear is walking along a dark alley way and being kidnapped and tortured slowly for years. The reason for this is I can take pain but any sustained pain I break down into a gibbering wreck. I can’t breathe, I can’t think, it’s hard to even move. Whenever I hear of a torture pasta I read it because I love being scared.

    The close second is my fear of what’s IN the dark. The dark does not frighten me intact I love the dark. You can put me in a complety dark room and I won’t be scared because in know there is nothing there because I can find the ends of the room. If I’m in a dark alley I shake and tremble because I have no idea what’s out there.

    Those are my biggest fears.

    1. Katie Mitchell

      The sad thing is I hate needles and I have eight tattoos and snakebites. And I plan on getting tatted more. I know, it makes no sense to me either.

      1. Same. xD
        And I just bought a tattoo gun. Gonna do my own. Hopefully I won’t pass out. I can just imagine the fucked-up line squiggling down my arm from where I blacked out midway… XD

    2. dude i have to go to the doctor all the time for a chronic condition and every time i go they draw blood. needles for me mean doctor and nothing else

  401. I’m mainly afraid of getting killed at night, whether it be in bed, or going to the bathroom, I’m constantly looking in dark corners for guys like Jeff the Killer…

    1. i dont fear jeff. all you have to do, is look him in the face and say “omg, you look beautiful.” and he’ll be too stunned to kill you.

  402. SOMETHING BEING AT THE WINDOW
    CREEPY FUCKING SMILES
    BEING ABLE TO GET IN YOUR ROOM
    FOLLOWING YOU

    Biggest. Fucking. Fears. I want to cry.

  403. To me, fear is a reflex. Sure I may be a little hesitant about surfing in fear of a shark attack, drowning, etc, but those are just natural instincts of survival, one that you’re unconscious mind advises you to not do. Everyone is frightened by a surprising event, but it is only considered fear how your body and mind react afterwords.
    To me fear is a reflex, should a man barge in to my home I will be startled for the moment but kill him in order to protect my family. Should I hear a crashing I will be shocked but keep my wit and investigate with the shroud of darkness at my back. I’ve lived my childhood with fear and paranoia wisp around me into all hours of the night, but I grew up to strengthen my resolve against it.
    Now, I would have to say my greatest fear would be the harm and death of my loved ones.

  404. theoriginalsin

    the fact that i dont know what’s there. everytime i think i see something in the corner of my eye or when i read a new pasta and my overactive imagination kick into overdrive and i start making my own mosters in my head because im scared that they might be real.

  405. Infamous Girl Gamer

    My greatest fear currently would be vomiting. I can’t explain why, but I have anxiety attacks when I get nauseous.

  406. Defiantly the original first came out old wooden puppets. Those things are creepier than anything else you will ever see.

    1. Did you know there is actually a whole island dedicated to them? I think I have read about it in Reader’s Digest, might worth a Google search.

  407. Katie Mitchell

    Heights. I haven’t always been afraid of heights, but for some reason now, I can’t even stand to think of being high up and looking down. I can’t pinpoint if it’s the height that I’m afraid of, or the crash and splat at the end of the fall. Either way, that’s my biggest fear.

    1. Funny realisation: I’m not scared of heights but of FALLING. I can stand atop a skyscraper at the edge with a protective barrier and be good. Haha but stand on a rickity chair and my heart explodes

      …wow. deja vu.

      1. Katie Mitchell

        lol I live in an old house and our attic is in our bathroom so you have to stand on the sink to climb into it. I had to get Christmas decorations out for my grandma and I’d say it’s maybe a four or five foot distance between the sink and the attic, and I almost hyperventalated (doubt I spelled that right) trying to get down. Everyone thought it was funny, but I didn’t. It scared the hell out of me. But I’m the only one in the house capable of getting up there because I take care of my grandparents who are both crippled, so I get stuck having to get up there. I hate it >.<

  408. I have a fear of the unknown. Not what *is* out there, but what *could be* out there. That things like Slenderman or Rake may exist. It’s very irrational, but things like that just get under my skin.

    1. Fuck the fucking Rake, man. I live in the woods, and almost every night something screams – literally /screams/, sounding sorta like a teenager being put through a woodchipper, but slightly… /not/ – and running circles around my trailer. I can often hear the footsteps for hours, weaving back and forth, closer and further away, sometimes pausing, sometimes shuffling a bit, sometimes jumping down from a tree with a heavy thump, occasionally coming right up to the wall and scraping something down the side making a noise like nails on a chalkboard then pounding/scurrying (hard to describe) off into the woods again, only to start circling again a while later. It’s been doing this for about a year, started back when I came up here after losing my home closer to civilisation, and I was living in an old train carriage in the same woods I’m still in now in this trailer. The train’s windows and doors never shut properly – the door could be pulled open easily and didn’t lock, and the windows were rusted wide open, but the trailer is even more flimsy and half the “walls” are just some kind of vinyl fabric stuff.

      When I saw that short movie on youtube that some kids made about the Rake, it had almost the exact same scream. I am disgusted at myself for getting jumpy at a fucking creepypasta, but I both love and hate the Rake for exactly that reason (same reason I love/hate zombies, actually), that it actually kinda scares the shit out of me.

      Though, whatever my “screamer” is, I started out just being sorta territorial at it, like “fuck off these woods are MINE now, I’m not here of my own choice but I’m here, and you ain’t gonna scare me out, I’ll find you and I’ll keep your fucking HEAD”, and I’d go out there with my axe or my knife, doing my own circles in this pitch black forest trying to catch the damn thing. Actually quite serious about trying to add it to my little “collection” of bones and such outside. Monster chasing monster. Haha. But now, I think I’ve actually kinda grown fond of it, in a weird way. It’s never outright attacked me, and I’ve been trying to hunt and catch it for the majority of this whole year, but gradually I sorta just… let it be, and even sometimes just nod and absent-mindedly call out “hey there, screamer” when I hear it these days.

      That’s probably gonna come back to me at some point, lmao… whether I hunt it or get used to it, I’m probably gonna end up getting myself mauled by some kind of weird forest shit one day. But meh, could be worse. xD

  409. Probably someone or something coming into my bedroom at night. Or the dark… Or hide and seek… Or tight spaces… Or clowns… I’m easily frightened, but I love the adrenaline rush of fear, so that’s why I read and watch scary things. IDK I’m weird like that…

  410. I fear losing everything. My home, my family , my friends, my livelihood, my sanity, my hope. I fear becoming a broken shell of my former self, with no one to love and no one to love me and no place to call home. I fear becoming the person that people try not to notice or make eye contact with. I fear becoming the person that most people would describe as “crazy” and “hopeless”. That to me is more frightening than any ghost, monster or demon that may be real or imagined.

  411. Failure. Waking up one day and looking back on my life and saying, “I failed.” That’s my biggest fear. Have to pay the bills or they turn your lights off, a hot shower is taken away, food from the grocery store that I can’t afford anymore because I failed my family, myself, and everyone that depends on me. I just can’t fail and I’m ok.

    1. ThatAwkwardUsername

      Bro,not to be rude or any thing, but sometimes you need failure in life. No, I’m not talking about ‘OhmyGod I just failed my entire life’ kind of failure, just simple failures. (Not sure how that works, but just go with it.) As Noah & the Whale once said, “L-I-F-E-G-O-E-S-O-N.”

    2. Jesus… that was a depressing comment. I’m somewhere around there at the moment – if by “moment” you’re thinking “for the last 12+ years”, and no, I’m not going into it – and it’s that, and seeing nothing ahead but that, that’s been wearing me down almost to the point of no return. Fuck, man. You just hit me right in the feels.

  412. Im afraid of Bloody Mary. In a dream I am watching something in the kitchen. There’s a hallway that leads to the stairs and bedrooms, the living room and the computer room . When I head the living room I feel something in my shoulder. It’s her Then, again, it’s a nightmare and I can’t run. I turn to my dad, that’s watching tv. He doesn’t hear me…. Then randomly I see jaguar… And I die…. Yep. Biggest fear. But I know she’s not real….yeah…

  413. IAmTheBlackWizards

    Power beyond what the human mind can handle, like the elder gods in “The Call of Cthulu” and the Colour from “The Colour out of space”

  414. I’m most afraid of swimming in water I can’t see to the bottom of. I’m also really afraid of being burned. I’m afraid when there is complete silence. These are my only fears though. I’m “unbearably” hard to scare, according to my friends. It’s gotten to the point that if someone in my house is afraid they automatically call my name. (I’m a teenage girl) Spiders? I’ll pick them up.

  415. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE USERNAME!

    First off, thank you for using my idea topic derpbutt. I hope it will spark interestion conversations and help creepypasta writers broadening the demographic. And plus, fear is such an interesting factor. One thing may no even daze someone, but it could scare the living jeebus out of someone else.
    My personal fears are stupid. Like, remember the episode of the simpsons where Homer mistakes Mr. Burns as an alien? Terrified me. However, I think things moving weirdly like without bones is unnerving. And things that you cannot see. Say, its behind a door, but when you open it, it’s gone.

    1. That closet thing makes me think of the Hide-Behind;a creature from American folklore that would stalk people in the woods, but when it’s prey would turn around it would be quick and flexible enough to hide behind objects. Bit of a precursor to today’s Slenderman, as HB dates back to colonial times, most likely from lumberjacks getting the creeps from being out in the woods all day.

  416. I know I am going to get alot of weird comments and hateful replies, but I don’t really care. Like most people i am afraid of having my whole life be pointless, like the world did not change because of me. But I have to say my biggest fear is that rather than leaving the world unchanged, I make it worse. I guess since that is vague I should try to explain what I mean better. Essentially I have come to terms with my mortality and believe that after life there is nothing, and that should I ever encounter one of creature that commonly appear in these stories I will die. What I am afraid of is becoming the monster, not some supernatural entity but rather a real life one. I am a violent and ill tempered individual, and there are days when I really want nothing more than to kill as many people as I can before I am killed by the police. But I haven’t due to my fear, and you can go ahead and try to belittle my post but I really don’t care this is the internet you can say whatever you want regardless of your maturity or age.

    1. Well you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain comrade…
      But, if you live in new York and go on your rampage…
      Don’t kill the blonde kid, 2 color eyes, 5’6…
      just saying…

  417. My greatest fear is myself. One second i’ll be talking to someone normally then they would say one thing wrong and my fist would be in his face. I’m scared of knowing im just one second away from losing it and taking my anger out on myself or somebody else (physically)

      1. Alone in the woods with strange markings on the ground and trees. There was something in the woods with me. Irl

        1. My greatest fear is spiders. I use to have this dream when I was little where I would wake up and there would be a giant spider lurking over my bed. I would scream and I would run into my parents room and then my brother would be I there too. And for some reason there was always a trunk in my parents room that was never there IRL. Then the big spider would come into the room and then the trunk would open and a million spiders (regular sized) would pour out and engulf me and my family. I would then see 8 red eyes in a darkness. At that point I would always wake up. I don’t know why I didn’t just grab a giant shoe and crush all if the spiders. I guess if I did that there would be a lot of spider ooze everywhere…. :3

        2. I know it sounds childish, but something that helps me with that is an imaginary friend. I once had a dream that spiders the size of bulldogs tried to kill me!!! Then my friend Lucee the sentry turret shot it in half! Then I proceeded to lift the top half over my head, and I danced and sang a variant of “singing in the rain” I called “singing in the blood”.
          – a fellow Arachnaephobe

    1. Another more normal fear i have is that when i sleep i can’t have my back turned away from the door. It terrifies me that i might turn around and something be there watching me sleep.

        1. You guys should probably think about rearranging your room Feng Shui, it was after all designed by an old warlord orsomething. Anyhow, the point of it was that you’re less vulnerable to assasination attempts xD. Not that spiritual bullshit you hear about nowadays. I can sympathize, though. I do like to be able to see the entire room, though it might not be pleasant, at least you know what’s up and can react.

        2. Exactly – see, for me, it’s not an “oh no, monsters behind me” thing so much as simple practicality and… let’s just say poor social skills. Unfortunately, it is exceedingly difficult to rearrange the furniture in a trailer. It’s not even my trailer.

          Meh. xD

  418. I dislike chat rooms and internet sights just generally other users just sitting there reading what im doing best example i fear stuff like the funnymouth creepypasta oh and cleverbot

      1. good point but i dont actually fear the chatroom itself but the people who post like i have no idea who or what you are

      2. also i had a really bad dream where somebody hacked all my accounts and found where i lived so like i would say my fear is serial killers

        1. I’m in your hard drive right now. Jesus you’ve got some freaky porn in here. You should probably hide that one folder a bit better. I could teach you some tricks with that, but you won’t be around long enough to use them, really.
          Which reminds me, I also found your house. Your shower needs cleaning, but I like that rug you’ve got. Pity it’s gonna be ruined but you gotta wrap a body in something, right? And it would make a nice shroud for you, don’t you think?
          And I’d tell you what I am, but you’d never believe me… or, worse (for you, lol)… you might.
          See you soon. Don’t turn that light off. It’ll make it more of a challenge for me, and I do love a game. ^_^

          (…I’m sorry. I have a weird thing for messing with people. It’s perfectly safe to turn your light off, and I won’t tell anyone about the weird porn. Trust me. xD)

    1. I would stuff it down the sink drain, then turn on the switch that makes the big scary knives tear the little fucker to shreds.

    1. This is kind of getting a punchline for me, but have you thought of visiting a psychiatrist? xD

      And no, I am not a psychiatrist.

    2. You’re right. Who would want a stale piece of cake anyways? Hey, I like to think that food wants to be eaten.

      On a serious note. Unfortunately the path of life eventually ends with death, that doesn’t mean it should not be cherished.

    3. when I get too old, maybe like 80 I’m going to just drive off a cliff. I can’t deal with wrinkles :/

  419. I’m most afraid of wolves and especially of werewolves. Even if I know it’s irrational, every time I walk down a dark hallway, I look over my shoulder to be sure there is no wolf following me!
    (Sorry for my bad english)

  420. I am most afraid of a nightmare I frequently have. In this, my family sells me to a doctor. This doctor, however, has dark intentions. He uses me as both a pleasure toy and as a test subject. Here he tests how far my body will go before I break. He takes great pleasure in this.

    1. Can`t think of anything

      Yeah, I used to have the same dream, well sorta. My family would sell me to this hospital, full of doctors that all looked the same. They had this room where they would do surgery on people and every few moments they would ask me if I would be ready for my operation . I stopped having that dream a long time ago, hehe the last time I had it I realized I was dreaming then somehow pulled out a giant laming sword and massacred ALL the doctors, probably the most fun I`ve had in a dream. XD

    1. The only reason I back down when I see a spider is because they are icky, which is perhaps worse than an actual fear and I don’t want to crush them with my bare hands. Because, again, that is icky.

    2. OMGG he too I hate spiders and tarantulas I always get the feeling that they’ll crawl in my throat when I’m sleeping and lay eggs in my stomach or sumthing! :(

      1. I’m going to be kind of mean and scare the shit out of you. The average person eats 4 spiders in their sleep a year.

        1. I thought it was eight throughout the average lifespan…?
          Although here, in rural Australia, four in a year sounds about right.

          :/

          …Excuse me while I go staple my mouth shut.

    3. Guy From Down The Street

      Well, it’s not the spiders that scare me. It’s not the looks, the venom, the idea of having you innards liquefied and then sucked from you like you were some kind of Man Sundae. It’s more the idea of creepy crawlies in general. I am not personally scared of spiders, but the feeling of having tiny legs scampering up and down my body is rather terrifying, I feel. Like that scene in Indiana Jones Temple of Doom, when the lady (I’m sorry, I forget her name) has to stick her arm in to the hole to get the release mechanism so Indy and the kid don’t get crushed, but all of these bugs and nasty looking things are in there. I get chills every time, man. Woman. Whatever your gender is. I’m sorry, I can’t tell by your name.

    4. I know this is kinda late, but fuck spiders. When I was a child I was bit by a black widow. I remember my flesh burning the fuck out of me (excuse my language). Now I have a big scar from those evil devil babies. Plus they are just simply ugly with there eight furry legs….ughhhh

  421. Deep rivers, lakes, waterfalls, etc, I guess this is due to the fact that it’s dark and I can’t see what is there and I feel really unprotected in large open spaces, also because I never learned how to swim properly and when I was a kid my uncle threw me in a river because he thought that’s how I’d learn to swim and I almost drowned. After a few years I slipped on the rocks and fell into a waterfall and luckily my mom and dad managed to help me. I guess my fear is more than everything a childhood trauma and I still have nightmares about this stuff. And as kid too I used to get really really freaked out by lions, alligators, any predator in general and still do. I guess my fear doens’t rely on supernatural or macabre (and by that I mean ghosts, demons, murderers, etc) things because it fascinated me somehow and since I can remember I love this subject.

  422. Suffocation and small spaces scare the hell out of me. I always felt the worst way to die would be drowning. Of course that may be because my older brother tried to drown me when we were kids.

    1. Actually I do have one greater fear than that. I think the thing that would terrify me the most is if something happened to my children. That’s a fear that can only really apply to a parent though. I just can’t imagine how horrible it would be for my children to die or be harmed.

      1. RainbowSplsion

        Oh my god then i hope you havnt played the MW3 level where your child gets blown up while looking at Big Ben!

    2. Yeah this. Water and suffocation. Holy shit. And I’ve nearly died by both, more than once, which didn’t trigger the fear but sure as Hell reinforced it a thousandfold. Suffocation must be one of the worst ways to die, surely.

  423. DisturbedSilence

    I’ve always had a strange fascination with serial killers, I’m afraid one day my fascinations might backfire and I might actually meet one.

      1. I’m a serial killer, I eat my victims alive.
        I started with a rabbit then a leprechaun then a colonel…no wait, sorry my mistake,
        I’M A CEREAL KILLER!

        1. Haha! You. You sly dog, you! I see what you did there!
          Back on subject..The only thing that fascinates me about serial killers is their psychopathic nature or the drive they have to perform their acts. I just saw something about kids who eventually through some annoyance that builds up kill their families and afterwards when they got caught they seem…Calm and they know what they did, but don’t seem to have much remorse for it. Which makes me wonder whether they were already psychopaths or that killing your loved ones makes you a psychopath, because turning off your emotions allows you to function properly…
          Sorry for my random rant.

        2. Cerial killers are born when a person sufers a tramatic experiance in early childhood. like watching your parents killed infront of you or being molested. something along those lines. then the person develops a need to kill in a special manner. personaly i love to you animal tanquailizers on people then drag them to nice secluded spot the use a scalple to cut their cheek and collect a blood sample for my collection then chop them up and dump them in the bay harbor. did i mention i work in blood spatter?

    1. … Hi. ^_^
      Nice to meet you. Where are you from? Oh, no reason, just asking. You know, for conversation’s sake.

      Just that whole “small talk” thing you people do so inanely to fill the gaps in your thoughts. You all give away much more than you realise in those unguarded moments of idle chatter – verbal white noise.

      You should be careful, though. Some people love the irony of making their biggest fans’ obsession turn back on them to bite them where it hurts most. You know, make sure they know they brought it on themselves, because that one always, /always/ gets to people when they’re facing the certainty of meeting the biggest unknown of all. You can practically see them going back over every moment, every choice they made, that led them to that point, and see it breaking them as the realisation hits that it could all have been avoided. For them anyway. It could have been someone else. And don’t lie, everyone, when faced with that moment, would rather it be anyone but them. But they did it themselves, they looked too close, and then one day… something looked back. And smiled. “Curiosity killed the cat” – or the serial killer enthusiast. Whatever.

      Personally, I’m a big fan of irony.

      …I’m sorry, but I had to. xD
      Don’t call the cops. >_>

  424. I’m an easily scared person, so there are many things. I was always afraid of big crowds, especially if I’m on stage or something. Small dogs scare me too for some reason, I have a feeling they’ll jump on me and tear my face or just bite me really hard.
    Clowns scare the shit out of me, I can’t stand them. And the last thing is… some monster or thing that can get me in any situation, like Slendy. He doesn’t just stay in the forest, where I don’t go, he can be also in my room and stuff, things like that.
    And that’s about it, I guess :P

    1. i have this strange fear of things losing their face or never had a face, mostly because of this reoccurring dream i had where i’m walking down this long narrow street and everyone is in a suit and tie and slowly there faces start to melt till its blank and in the end bodies role down the street. so when i hear about SLENDERMAN i pissed myself.

  425. I never really had any serious fears.
    Just
    Lots of irrational fears involving my hair looking good and girls rejecting me.

    That is … Until I found creepypasta -_-
    Now im scared of everything that breathes and a million things that breathe (when im not looking).
    And the dark especially, I seriously can’t handle the darkness.

      1. Same here, since I got a job as night receptionist(?) and started reading creepypasta to stay awake, I often think I see something moving, but then check and notice there’s nothing there.

    1. Fear of the dark is fear of the unknown is what I always say. Or ofcourse the uncertainty that there might be something present.

    2. I think I know why we fear the dark. Demons reside in the dark to hide their shame. Therefore, we are born with the knowledge that they hide there so we know to stay away. Simple as that.

      1. I doubt that, if there are demons, they would hide out of shame… Seems to me they’d rather do it to find the right time to strike fear into their targets. That is if you go by the popular belief that they are sentient and rather cruel-natured. They would have joy in our fear. Though the bible says that they are fallen angels, who rebelled against god and fell down to hell. It seems to me that driving humans to do ‘evil’ deeds is more their MO, because they would have more souls in hell. I kind of lost where I was going with this.
        Either way I doubt that shame has anything to do with their placement in the dark(if they exist that is).

        1. You don’t understand. Another reason they lurk there is because they know that us humans are afraid of what we can’t see. But if your going around just saying that demons are “if” then your going to have more problems then you relise.
          P.S. I already know the Bible. I don’t need to be reminded.

        2. What would be the point? Is all I’m saying.
          And I cannot write about something without having experienced it for myself, thus I cannot declare that demons are real or not.(Let this not be an invitation xD.)
          Though, it’s this uncertainty about what is beyond life that makes me scared of the dark sometimes. And partly my wild imagination.

        3. we are afriad of the dark because its instinct we cant see whats in the dark. A danger of some sort? preditor? Other person come to attack you? danger comes from the dark.

    3. seeker of truth

      the dark invites me, it holds the secrets of a world of shadow. whether the secrets be that it exist or not

      1. it’s really stupid but I’m afraid of not being afraid of something because isn’t our fears that make us who we are what kind of being has no fear at all other than a mindless machine. without fear we would be nothing.

      2. darkness can work for us too. If the dark can conceal our fears why can’t we lurk in the darkness as well? instead of fearing it make it your friend.

    4. sweet deadlyshadow

      lol u probably be scared wear I am now in a dark room with a huge window and out side it is night.

  426. Those little china dolls which middle aged women love to collect, my step mum has dozens all on top of the cupboards in her room so i never enter lest one stare into my soul again

      1. I know right those freak the shit out of me. My friends mom had a huge room with just those things. What made it even worse the room was the only way to get outside

      2. Jane the Killer

        Mine is Porcelain Dolls I swear to god if I’m in a house where people have them I make them put them up before I come in. Once around Christmas about 2 years ago I was staying at a friends house,when we went to bed I made them turn it around so it wouldn’t be facing me. While I was sleeping they thought it’d be funny to Put the doll directly next to my face and make it’s grubby little arms reaching out for me,when I woke up, NO LIE, it wasn’t were they said they set it,it was under the blanket gripping my leg, they were freaked out too because that wasn’t where they put it either.
        Read more at http://s22568.p321.sites.pressdns.com/march-2013-discussion-post-what-do-you-most-fear/#XC5KAGSyfF3BEXcy.99

        1. I have a general fear of dolls in general but porcelain are by far the creepiest dolls I know of. I am also afraid of bathrooms and kitchens in the middle of the night i also have some weird idea that when im with someone even if im babysitting them i feel alot safer

        2. Raggedy Ann/Andy dolls… never again will I have to lay eyes on you, Andy, you demonic creature. Never again.

      3. Oh, yeah..Thats’ probably one out of my two fears. Any type of doll/puppet really. I hate how they just sit there, staring at you.I’ve heard millions of stories about them, and they all freak me out;
        Dolls/Puppets that have the same expression until you do something to them (drop them, injury them, etc.)and then they change their expression to either an angry face or a twisted, psychotic face.
        Dolls/Puppets that come to life (like Chucky and Slappy, the puppet from Goosebumps)talk, and murder people.
        And dolls/puppets that teleport. I.HATE.THAT. You leave them in one room facing the wall and then , within a few hours, you see them in another room in a completely different pose. *shivers*

        1. what about the Puppet Master? they are bad in their first movies but then they are good and help peopel

        2. narutoandhorrorlover

          dolls really freak me out too especially considering my moms boyfriend has a chucky doll in our basement :.(

  427. I am absolutely terrified by stuff that attacks you psychologically, like everything you believed in were wrong and the wrongs you hated were right. Just a simple mind-fluff is enough to send shivers into my spine.

  428. My biggest fear is losing my mind, because by then, I would not know if I am really mad or there are really things haunting me. That uncertainty will just be unbearable.

    1. Same here, I have been seeing things as well as hearing things that aren’t there forever, but now, after visiting this sight, im wondering if they realy are there.

    2. Exactly. I hate the not knowing if i really heard or saw something. It really does scare me to no end.
      Also, I love your username, haha. C;

      1. Username or no username, there is no nameuser

        Quite definitly creepy, not knowing makes people kill, then no one will know why,so someone will kill, and no one will know why, and it will go on and on and on

    3. this may just be me, but i dont fear lossing my mind. mainly because its locked securely in my skull which is safely in my head(sorry, i feel i have to be politically correct.) however, as too losing my sanity, i would have no fear. i have the most fun when my sanity is at its lowest. of course, that could just be me. i dont have anything ‘haunting me’ persay, but i do have certain moments when i think i do. mainly when i go to my grandparents. probably because their 4 cats enjoy terrorizing me by following me and running when i turn around. so, yea, why be afraid of lossing your sanity when you can fear not enjoying it?

    4. So… Um… I was at home alone a few days ago. I was sitting watching blue mountain state on Netflix. And out of my periferal vision I saw someone that looked like my stepfather but pure black go into the bathroom. I was shocked that he was home so early so I went to check it out. I went to the bathroom. The light was on but no one was in there. I checked the whole house but nothing except my dog was here… I’ve been scared of keeping my door open now. Does anyone have any idea what I saw or is my mind playing tricks on me…?

      1. Username or no username, there is no nameuser

        Things escape from the mirror world all the time, that may have been your stepfather’s mirror form, when out of that world they are pure black, but only if they have evil intents, your fear is what they want from you, i reccomend keeping your door OPEN to show it that it has no control over you, remember that it is NOT your stepfather, or human from a parrelel universe, just remember those things, but also remember this, if you fear it, it controls you, and will gain a physical form

    5. I am schizophrenic, so I always assume the people I think are following me are just shadows of my fear, I assume the whispers are the people in the walls waiting, watching everything I do, waiting for me to do something wrong. I assume everything has at least one surreal aspect to it. It’s a safe way to go. I can’t be by myself at this point, especially not at night. I hear too many things, I usually leave to find somewhere with more people. Being around others makes me less uneasy, but also more so… I hate them all, who knows which one of them could be plotting to kill me? I’m sorry… I’ll go.

      1. no no no my dear you…you dont need to go just trust me there are people watching.
        but they are protecting you from the real threat.

    6. what’s more terrifying to me is truly seeing something and being labeled insane for it. after awhile you start to believe them because they don’t see or hear the things you do so you take the pills. maybe i am crazy but i have meet other sane people who hide the same experiences. yes my fear is being labeled insane.

  429. Username or no username, there is no nameuser

    A creature that is simply there,the best example is Slender Man, he is there, but then he is not, anything that is just there freaks me the f*** out

    1. I always think about that when I am most venerable, like in the shower or trying to sleep. I think “What if Slenderman was to teleport right here?” And my heart stops for a second.

    1. seeker of truth

      i am 15 years old. i have no love, no loving family (they are there but just dont like me said it themselves), and no friends. it is truly a frighting way to live. i cry myself to sleep.

      1. Wow, that’s been my greatest fear since I felt what it was like to be alone, and you have to live it.
        I’m not sure what to say except, you have my sympathy, for whatever it’s worth.
        There are always websites you can go to to just talk to people, but know this; you are never truly alone if you would reach out.

      2. Same crap man, 14, no one cares, But hey?
        Who gives a fuck about other people?
        and If I had to pick a fear… the dark, alone and stuck in a place I don’t know IN THE DARK, I can’t analyze what I can’t see,
        I can’t defeat what I can’t analyze, What I can’t defeat can kill me… But don’t cry your self to sleep bro, You have your self? and your creepy pasta brethren?
        Hell you even have me, you seem smart enough?

        1. The Stray One:
          Same crap man, 14, no one cares, But hey?
          Who gives a fuck about other people?
          and If I had to pick a fear… the dark, alone and stuck in a place I don’t know IN THE DARK, I can’t analyze what I can’t see,
          I can’t defeat what I can’t analyze, What I can’t defeat can kill me… But don’t cry your self to sleep bro, You have your self? and your creepy pasta brethren?
          Hell you even have me, you seem smart enough?

          Without other people, you would never had existed. If you were somehow born without other people, you would’ve been killed by animals.

      3. my friend i have been alone for far longer than you
        rule number one
        dont ever give up on yourself.
        stay strong
        you may feel weak but that is when our true character is tested.
        are you going to fall apart. let the world stamp you out or are you going to fight are you going to work to find love acceptance, and friends. strive to succsed in aspects of your life that you belive you have failed at.because my friendsif you stay strong mind and spirt you can accomplish anything

  430. I have a fear of ancient masks, those old wooden ones if you aren’t sure what I’m talking about. I don’t know what it is about them, but those things terrify me.

    1. Two things one on topic and one just a random tangent that I am curious about. First off I can understand the fear of those masks,I think the ones you are referring to are Haitian voodoo type masks and the are indeed creepy especially considering the rituals the would perform wearing them. Second thing is your name a reference to Diablo or not just curious

      1. Ah my name, that’s kind of a weird story. D4 is a unlucky letter/number kind of thing for me. Whenever I play chess, if I move a piece on D4 they are always knocked out instantly, Kind of weird I will admit. But since Creepypasta is a land of misfortune and death, I decided my name should be the letter and number I hate so much; D4. And yes you are right, those masks are the ones that I fear.

  431. lollipop_gestapo

    I’m frightened by many things, the same as most people. Up until I was 13, I was terrified by a,”toe monster,” that lived under my bed. It would then, simply eat my toes, were my feet uncovered. It sounds silly, and the last time I was genuinely afraid was about 11 years ago. But once in awhile, still.

    It’s broadened now, to mostly just being afraid of being eaten alive. Whenever I become afraid of some oogy-boogy I’ve created in my imagination, I try to lessen my fear by pinpointing exactly what I think they’ll do that’s so frightening. It usually ends up with,”eat me alive.”

    1. lollipop_gestapo

      Oh, and being chased. If someone tries chasing me, even in a playful way, I almost instantly become paralyzed. I have to face whatever is there. If I keep running, I’m going to fall, It’ll grab my foot and well. Eat me alive.

      1. Similar to me, whenever i get chased by anyone, anyone at all, i get the urge to turn around and look at them, feeling scared. But unlike you, i keep running.

        1. First rule of scary shit and amnesia bro, DON’T LOOK BACK!
          You fuckin broke it. ._.

      2. I know how you feel. I used to have a recurring nightmare about being chased by a doppelgänger, but I was always too scared to run away. I had to fight, because it was the only thing that could take my mind off how scared I was.

        1. Is that, in fact, your dark side testing if you are worthy of the triforce of courage? Did I get my gaming trivia wrong? I dunno.
          My fear? I guess it’s being powerless to something that’s occuring. Basically the reason ghost/spirit/demon stories scare me the most is because of the untouchable nature of the entities.

        2. True, It’s easier when you can fight back, I can’t pull a knife or 357. magnum
          on a demon or a ghost… unless you are from devil may cry…

        3. I also have a recurring nightmare. It’s of my favorite bookstore going up in flames and zombies coming out of it to eat me and my family. It’s weird because I’m not even afraid of zombies. The scariest thing about it was that books were burning and no one was trying to save them.

    2. I know what you mean. After thinking about it, I think most children in their early years have that whole “toe monster” phase where you don’t feel comfortable sleeping with your feet hanging over the edge of your bed. I actually still have that feeling to this day, but it only comes by once in a while.I used to huddle up into a ball, tucking my feet so that my toes were safe. XD

      1. I’m still scared of my closet and the space under my bed. i have a bunk bed with the bottom removed leaving space for a desk but there is this door under there that opens by its self. it just a draft…i hope.

  432. My own mortality, as I get older I become increasingly worried about death and what may or may not happen after.

    1. Just a reason to find God, sir. I never fear death nor the future since finding Christ. Not to say I am not naturally frightened by certain scenarios, as indicated below, but that has faded much since I surrendered my life to Him.

      1. seeker of truth

        i have forsaken any god. if He is real. he will cast me down to the brimstone filled depths of hell. but none the less. i await death, though i do not seek it.

        1. i guess you cant fear until you see the truth, i hope for your sake, you find truth before its too late.

      2. let me start by saying i do believe i god.
        but im not christan(hope i spelled that right) because i believe that its a polytheistic religon, think about it when most christans pray they say in the name of Jesus not god then there is the holy spirt , and if your chatholic most of them (traditional not recent chatholics) pray to saints and and the virgin mary. like for insance you just told him to find god then in then next sentance told him christ. MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

        1. Little bit of an explanation for that actually. See, Christianity teaches that the Father Son and Holy Spirit are three in one. To put into perspective, like when all the power rangers combine to make a giant robot XD. Anyway, the saints are not Gods, nor do we pray or worship them. We simply ask that they be a kind of medium between us and God.

  433. I have a slight fear of OUIJA boards…..due to playing with one and having the “Ouija board” demon attached to me for a few months. Really weird shit happened and escalated until I finally burned it. It may sound stupid, but Ouija boards do really work and it scared the shit out of me.

    1. Katie Mitchell

      I totally feel you on that. I have one, and ever since I used it a year ago, weird stuff has been happening to me. I want to get rid of it, I haven’t been feeling like myself lately, and I think it may be the source of my problems. I’ve heard you can’t burn a ouija board, but if you did it I think I might just attempt it. If you can think of anything that would help, could you please inform me? Thank you!

      1. no friends you never burn a ouija board.
        the demon may lay dormant but never gone.
        it can take only one terrible event say
        a death in the family to reawaken it.
        please trust me you are not safe.
        but wherever you burned the oujia board
        the demon is traped. say you burn it at a friends house the demon is bound to that place and you. the demon cant leave the home but have the occupints endure hell.

        1. if you burn it there it must not be a place with a bad history
          say lots of people were murderd there
          but other than that you should be fine

    2. Um. . . thats like rule #2: Never play with a Ouija board unless you want to face sertain doom.
      It’s almost as bad as making a giant demon pentagram made of blood in your house.

      1. Ouija boards are some scary shtuff. I played with one and it told me my fear… the board itself! luckily, it was at a cousin’s board and they played with it at their house :3

      2. Katie Mitchell

        Well, the reason I used it is because I didn’t believe it was real. When I did, and it started moving it really freaked me out and I put it up and never used it again. I mean I’d heard weird stuff about them but at the time, I guess I just believed it to be the product of imagination. So now I guess I’m screwed. I haven’t burned it because I’ve heard you’re not supposed to do that. Is there some way of getting rid of it and the demon attached to it?

      1. Why dufuq are you people messing with Ouija boards? thats some weak shit. go into the forest with some chalk, a knife,and a goat. (you know the rest) then talk about wierd paranormal shit

        1. I thought you people were better than this. you know what you want paranormal shit i will give you paranormal shit. try meeting death,the grim reaper and live to tell the tale or how about talking to satan and having a nice chat with him. or how about arguing with god. how about this one an angels beauty taken from them making them a hidious monster then being sent to earth to protect it untill god and satan destroy it all in a battle of who is better than who. mr. big foot, I have seen things no one should have to see. it is my curse but it is allso my greatest strength.

        2. I don’t believe in God or Satan so I’m going to have to say, no. I’m agnostic. I believe in a higher being, just not a religion. Not contradicting or downing your beliefs, but those aren’t mine. And do you know why we played with ouija boards? Because we didn’t believe they worked. For the love of Chuck Norris, they sell them at Toys R Us. Why would they do that if it could call forth a fucking demon? Exactly. That, sir, or ma’am, whatever you are, is why I played with a ouija board. There is nothing wrong with a human being making a mistake. So thank you, your argument is invalid. Have a nice day.

        3. I do believe curiousity is man’s greatest strength. If not for curiousity where would we be today? How would we have known how to deal with certain things? If not for someone before Ms. Mitchell had tried an ouija board, then dealing with it would have been near impossible. After all, there’s no logic in the paranormal. Or religion for that matter.
          Though I can admit some curiousity is just stupid xD. Not talking about Ms. Mitchell’s incident, it’s not strange to not believe in the paranormal. I hardly do. I’m just open to the possibility. To rule things out as an impossibility limits your perception.

  434. My own mortality, as I get older I get more and more worried about death and what may or may not happen after.

    1. you should not worry about your mortality.
      I have been alive for a very long time
      every 100 years changing into a new body
      It is done with magic
      if you learn the ways of magic mortality wont be an issue.

      1. Finally somebody understands how I feel I get terrified at that thought I think about family members that have died and think about what happens after

      2. Finally somebody understands how I feel I get terrified at that thought I think about family members that have died and think about what happens after

    2. Might I-in all seriousness-suggest Jesus. He is not “fire insurance” but desires a personal relationship with you. Perhaps you can talk to a pastor, christian friend, and there are tons of resources online. You SHOULD fear what eternal damnation awaits for any non-believer: MUCH scarier than any story found on this site. Try reading “90 Minutes in Hell”. I can’t attest to its legitimacy but I FEAR it is an understatement of what awaits the spiritual dead.

      1. Srsly?
        How about we don’t attempt to convert people in the comments on this website. I ordinarily don’t like to confront people about stuff like this but I find your approach especially obnoxious.

        If you are joking I would just like to say “poe’s law”

      2. Faith may help you fear death less, but you CANNOT BE POSITIVE of what happens after death. I am an atheist, but my family is Christian and I understand the Christian faith. I know that He insures that you have eternal life, but He never describes heaven. Heaven is supposed to be a nice place, yes, but what is it really? That’s what this guy means, he doesn’t know what will happen to him after death. No one does. It does not mean he is an atheist.

      3. Do you have any proof in a actual “god”
        I believe in spirits and demons and such, but with all the things that go on in the world, he has done nothing, no one is there to help you but your self.

        1. Funny Perfection

          “There might be a God and there might not, but it doesn’t matter. Either way, we’re on our own.”
          The Mortal Instruments

    3. seeker of truth

      i await death. i am a man of science and reasoning. although i am also a cryptozoologist (uncertified). death is the final unsolvable mystery. btw is it bad i heard humming when i turned out my light? it was like: hmmm hum hmmm hmm hum hmmm. but it was low. i am not shitting you. but im not scared; im excited.

    4. I’m young and even now death terrifies me. At times when I get scared I think to myself “You have around 50-60 years to live”. This usually works but to be honest I have no idea what I’ll do when I get older. And even now there’s times at night where I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling wishing that I dont have to die.

        1. And this all came from Vengence’s original response. Thank you folks, we’ll see ya next time!*explodes*

      1. With out death you’d watch everyone around you die. One by one until you’re all alone. Everyone you ever met, cared about, passed by on the street. Dead all dead. Being immortal isn’t always the best choice.

  435. It’s kind of hard to explain, really. Basically, it’s an area that was once safe, becoming unsafe. I’ll use one of my older recurring nightmares as an example. In the dream, I exit the bathroom downstairs. Everything’s normal, it’s all fine and dandy. Then I hear a monster exit the bathroom, totally unexpectedly. Then I try to run up the stairs but I can’t move and it catches me. Stuff like that really hits a nerve for some reason.

    1. lollipop_gestapo

      I don’t mean to belittle your fear, but I just imagined the monster walking out of the bathroom with a newspaper, shaking his head like, Holy shit, that just came out of me?

    2. I get what you mean. The only example I can think of is like a Silent Hill scenario. Where one minute, it’s all right, but then the alarm goes of and everything turns to shit?

    3. I also have a fear of the familiar becoming unsafe, not in the same way but still horrifying none the less. my fear is more like close family trying to kill me or my thoughts are no longer mine (going insane)stuff like that scares me. I hate it when things in my house are just wrong.

  436. Awkward Thursdays

    Ever since developing really bad nosebleeds and losing a ton of blood to them, in person I can’t stand blood… So any torture, bloody mess, or really painful thing just is disgusting to me… That’s about as close as I come to true fear, as long as it’s done well.

    Also any children death evokes a greater fear in me that anyone else dying. My favorite short story that scared me as a kid was either the clown statue in the house that was a person or the child that was stolen and his body used to transport drugs over the border. Both of those have child victims, so I suppose that is more fearful to me…

    1. Jane the Killer

      Mine is Porcelain Dolls I swear to god if I’m in a house where people have them I make them put them up before I come in. Once around Christmas about 2 years ago I was staying at a friends house,when we went to bed I made them turn it around so it wouldn’t be facing me. While I was sleeping they thought it’d be funny to Put the doll directly next to my face and make it’s grubby little arms reaching out for me,when I woke up, NO LIE, it wasn’t were they said they set it,it was under the blanket gripping my leg, they were freaked out too because that wasn’t where they put it either.

      1. The thing, or should i say things,I fear the most are Porceline Dolls, Clowns, and Spiders.

        -Porceline Dolls
        I just find it creepy that people make miniature human-like “things” that are small and chubby and show no emotion. They just fucking stare at you.

        -Clowns
        I don’t know why clowns scare me to be honest. I think it’s because when I was about 4 I was at the circus and I saw a clown and for some reason ran to my parents screaming and crying. I have been scared of them ever since. The clown didn’t do anything to instill fear into me.

        -Spiders
        Holy shit. Here it is. FUCKING SPIDERS. They scare the living shit out of me. Even if they’re dead I just have to go out of my way to either give it a 2ft diameter of space or call my cat in there to eat it. I can’t even touch pictures of them in books. It’s just because of there body. 8 fucking legs. And the occasional hairy one. At some parts of the year at my house we get massive amounts of wolf spiders. I know they can’t hurt you, but I’m not kidding you, they are fucking everywhere.

        That is what scares me the most… :3

        1. I fear falling he most. I’m not scared of heights themselves but, I’m overwhelmed with the fear that I’m gonna fall. I have dreams where I wake up screaming sometimes because of my fear.

          My other minor fears are bees and spiders. I only like spiders if they are in a cage so they can’t touch me. I hate bees all around. Anytime I see a bee I get overwhelmed with fear and I flip the hell out.

        2. NotAnOminousname

          Omg I fear falling too. I don’t even know why. I have countless dreams about them. And because, I take time to get downstairs. Because I cannot ducking fall. No. Fucking. Way.

        3. Exactly the fear of falling down, i imagine the floors broke open and I fell down, never trust the edge… Nor the escalator… But falling in the dream is alway antigravity for me…

        4. i actually love falling, but can see why u hate it… ALSO MOTHER FUCKING VAMPIRES. Not like Dracula i mean like… normal people that suddenly ha fangs out of nowhere… and eating you… GUH!!! just a normal person walks by and then u hear a HISSSSSSSS and they run up too you and u try to get away and then they eat you… FUCKING SCARY!!!!! Also mirrors. You’re brushing your teeth by the mirror and then your reflection moves reaches out of the fucking mirror and pulls you in. then REPLACES you and nobody knows you’re in a world of eternal fear.Also being covered in ants. Just remember… (low hissing voice) anything could be in the dark.

      2. I’m sure it has already been said. But, hell. You dpn’t have to be religious to have the idea that spending eternity (a hard concept for most), not in a giant, warm party full of all your ‘best buds’, but in endless darkness, burning without end, being torn apart over and over in relentless torment. Yeah. I think that’d be a little more alarming than anything I’ve read, here. No offense, great stories, but nothing worse, to me.

        1. The scariest thing/place for me would be Hell. The demons who inhabit Hell are described in Genesis Chapter 6. These demons are 10-15 feet tall and more hideous and scary in appearance than anything Hollywood can create using special effects. These demons hate humans because they think they are superior to us, yet God banished them to Hell for all eternity for their rebellion, yet God forgives humans for their rebellion over and over again. These demonic beings will control Hell and their human captives will be subject to their immense hatred and seething rage towards humanity.
          The Bible states there will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth” in Hell. The weeping will be the humans and the gnashing of teeth will be the demons so full of rage. With all that is going on in the world today I hope people will realize how close we are to Gods final judgment and I hope many will turn away from sin and find peace and salvation through Christ Jesus. God Bless you all.

        2. There is no such description about demons like that in Genesis. Their human-hybrid offspring prehaps but not the demons themselves. Also Hell is a doctrine introduced by man. How can God be ‘love’ as it states in John, but also create Hell. When you die, thats it, nothing more. Says it quite plainly throughout the bible. Symbolism in the bible has been used to create the idea of Hell, an idea that honestly is quite sick to attribute to God.

          Why didn’t Lazarus or any number of those brought back from the dead in the bible mention hell or a heaven for that matter? And indeed, why were they resurrected in the first place if they were meant to be in heaven or hell?

      3. Ugh! I cannot stand Porcelain dolls. They are terrifying! My friend had three in her room at her old house, two on the top shelf next to the door and one lying down on the shelf beneath them. They were facing the bed the whole night and it just creeped me the hell out. Then in the morning I woke up to my friend leaving the room and when I looked at the dolls they were then facing the door. I shit you not. I freaked out!

        1. Ugh, I really hate those old wooden ventriloquist puppets. Those dead eyes, the lips with the slits on the side. It makes me shiver just thinking about them. I can not stand those little creepers.

        2. Not a big deal about the dolls cause my grandma has tons if them even more that I will count. Although if I’m sleeping in the same room as the dolls they are creepy. They have moved right in front of me.

      4. I would have craved to killed those little shits if I had the chance. MY sister once said she will sell her dolls because she is to old for them, but instead I bought them from her and toasted those little fuckers on my moms stove. My sister was a freaking gorilla after that and I got a boot on the butt. Totally worth it!

        1. I used to have 5 or 6 dolls and loved their dresses but I must of watch a horror or had a bad dream but when I woke up I all of a sudden noticed no matter where I stood in my room there eyes would be on me! That dat I took them all down and stuck them in a box in the back of my wardrobe!

      5. Roxy Something

        That sounds pretty creepy. I’m not afraid of porcelain dolls, but if I were in a room with dozens of their creepy emotionless faces staring at me with wide eyes, I’d probably freak out.

        My fears, are freaking spiders! Once when I was little, I was helping my mom clean the house. I bent down to sweep the dirt into the dust pan when I felt something crawling up my leg. When I looked down, I was staring right into the eyes of a daddy long legs. I screamed and flung it off my leg, and I swear a whole lot of spiders came crawling out of the walls towards me. My mom came and saw them all, and me on the floor, and she sprayed them all with poison. Since then, every time I see those little creepers, I my heart stops for a few second before I come back to kill them. I don’t care if they’re 8 feet away.

        Also, I just hate to see my friends or family hurt. Anytime I see someone close to me broken down and crying, I just start tearing up at the thought that someone hurt them. I usually ask a dozen questions about a new cut I see on them. I’m pretty protective of those I care about…unless we’re in a game of paintball or something. I’m also very competitive.

        I can understand anyone’s fear of the dark, or turning corners a night, or mirror, being alone, or anything. Not truly, but to the best of my abilities, I try to put myself in someones place and imagining myself going through that. I can respect anyone’s fear, so please respect mine no matter how typical it may be.

        1. Usually I can simply ignore “irrational” fears, but sometimes spiders will really bug me(lol, bad pun heh). not so much seeing them, but feeling them. like this one time i was drifting off to sleep late at night, and like one second after i fell asleep i felt the light spindly legs of a large spider crawling across my face. I was bolt upright in a second trying to claw my face off until i was sure it was gone. I live in Arizona where there are all sorts of nasty poisonous insects like black widows and brown recluses and scorpions(not spiders sure, but they are still deadly), and I REALLY hate the idea of something so small being able to bite and poison you before you have a chance to kill the damned things.

        2. I’m gonna sound insane, but my fear to the death of me is aliens. I CANNOT play through all of Area 51 for the Ps2. You might say, “Well it’s got horrible graphics!” But you o play that game at 12:00 midnight and try to keep sane.

        3. Yeah, same. My fear is seeing my friends hurt. I had this dream once where me and my four besties were about to be whipped ten times each by our art teacher. Being me, I stood up for them and took all the hits. It hurt. A lot.

      6. Creeper Of The Dark

        I hate Porcelain Dolls, too. My grandma used to have some, and every time I would pass them, I could swear they were staring through me……It just creeped the fuck out of me….

        1. insert-witty-name-here-please

          I have porcelain dolls and after reading this I turned to look at them. Realising that their eyes were looking a different direction than usual! I had been out of the house and nobody else was in.

        2. I don’t get why they do that maybe its something else that made them move. I just don’t get why they change directions.

      7. The Black Pearl

        I swear to god that my friend was so freaked out from dolls in general that he hit me with a broom when a porcelain doll was on his arm! I DIDN’T TOUCH IT!

        1. its just scary turning a corner becouse you dont now wath there is at night i stay in my room i dont go down srry if i dont spell good becouse i come from holland

        2. its funny when you turn the corner at night and you bump into someone you scream then you notice it is your mum.

      1. so the grudge ghosts? In Asian culture a grudge is a ghost that had a very sudden and most of the time painful (and/or dramatising) death causing the soul to be mad and want revenge

    2. Awkward Thursdays

      I love how people are allowed to down-rate a person’s feelings… I share what makes me fear and two people down-vote? Really? Same with on everyone else’s…

    3. I’ve had a nightmare where I feel an itch on my arm and when I look don on it it’s tiny hexagon shaped indents with large pores inside them. Then tiny little bees crawl out of them and crawl through my eyeballs. I hate bees.

      1. Holy shit that is horrifying. I hate bees too. But even more than bees I hate their nests with those awful clusters of pores. Having that on my own skin is literally the worst thing I can imagine. I think that fear’s called tripophobia or something.

        1. I had a dream that I am walking on a side walk and then look at my hand and when I do I can see in my hand through a hole in between my thumb and first finger.I can see flesh and stuff.And I try to show my friends in the dream and they don’t pay attention or don’t see it.So Scary

    4. I have 2 fears
      1. a world without meaning,like,in reality there is no meaning in life.
      2.aliens because come on they sneak into your house with out alerting you then do god knows what then wierd crap happens to you then the next thing you know your in a space ship and have no way back to earth i am just glad that they let me have internet out here.
      -transmisson from planet floopderp end

      1. Hate to break it to you, but there is no inherent meaning to life.

        Get over your religion and join the sane adults, bucko

    5. my biggest fear is… its dumb I know but… selena gomez dead by jeff the killer. just watching the news of her dying and seeing a cut smile on her face or something like that would terrify me.

    6. the things I am the most scared of are bugs… I can’t stand the idea of being surrounded with little creatures that can enter in you.. I’m so scared of them that I can barely go out in summer. Every time I see one I star crying and/or hypervantilating. And it gets to screaming and fearing for my life if they’re near or on me. I don’t know how that fear started though…

      1. serenawitchwriter

        I have an irrational fear of worms. I accept that most are harmless but they still freak me out. this is because my brother and sister used to put them down the back of my shirt as a child.

      2. You’d hate Georgia then. All summer there are A.) west nile carrying mosquitoes B.) nats that literally dive bomb you eyes looking for water and C.) Fire Ants, who sometimes don’t make the fact they live where you like to sit very clear. And winter is no better. Waterbugs fall out the trees because they freeze up, then warm up enough to find a heat source usually at night(Aka, you,in your sleep).

      3. A Zerg Hydralisk

        *throws 3 zerglings through your window while your asleep*

        hey, do insect-aliens count?
        because if so, your gunna have a bad night…

        wow, i am exploiting everyone’s fears here (if they are related to aliens, bugs, or anything that can relate to zerg)

    7. I fear hardly anything. Well almost nothing. I do fear a stressful death. Like being kidnapped by a clown and cut up while still alive. Or attacked by dolls. Ok so I fear clowns and dolls

    8. the thing that scares me most……herobrine………..sonic.exe…..bloody mary……random things in the night…… the most scary thing that scares my was i was on a game called ROBLOX one haloweeen i was on my own i made a game called project mag UPDATE then out of randomness the screen said See You In Hell and my charactar died so i disables the game i logged in the next day the game was active so i said FUCK this ……i never played ROBLOX again (exept today xD)

    9. Strange.. For me it’s the total opposite. I find blood and deaths… well….amusing, I guess you could say. I cannot possibly watch a ‘scary’ movie without laughing at the people when they die. Anytime I see blood, or people dying… It somehow turns me on xD But really, I honestly don’t know… I’m just a creepy person who loves it when people die and suffer. Sad, huh?? :)

      1. seekeroftruth22

        i thought i was the only one!! my family freaks out during horror movies but i have to try not to laugh every time some one dies

    10. A Zerg Hydralisk (Wearing a TopHat)

      every time your nose bleeds means you died in another universe/dimension/timeline/ect.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top